Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

tC comparrisons?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 08:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,6897705.story

If you have something to prove, bring it on the track. Don't become another statistic. Freeways and public roads are not dragstrips.
Old 04-13-2006, 11:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Default Re: tC comparrisons?

Originally Posted by Toms-tC
Ok first off ladies and gents i searched but did not find what i was looking for... I bought my 06 tC FM about 3-4 weeks ago and I was just wondering what cars we are comparred to BONE STOCK in the performance area. Our cars are not fast by any means really no FWD cars are, I've built a few cars (my 2 favorites 1998 GSR w/ 250 to the wheels dyno'd and a S13 w/ SR20DET) for the GSR I dropped over 19K into it (15k just in the engine) and it was somewhat fast I hit 163 MPH racing a cobra from L.V. to L.A. (I won top speed) and the S13 was just a ridiculous amount of fun and it was RWD Turbo. anyways back on track im wondering what cars we can go heads up against with no mods (maybe drop in TRD filter) as I am not putting any money into another FWD car. I've heard 03 Si we can hold our own but what else. Dont get me wrong I love the tc good low end torque but after 5300 just not very exciting i wish it revved up like my GSR I built it to rev 9200 RPM, nothing like the sound of a blower at high RPM. So just let me know...Thank you
Tom
if you spend 5k or so on a turbo kit you can have 350whp and own cars left and right. apparently you went the expensive route with yer gsr.
Old 04-14-2006, 01:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

first of, there is no way stock tc can take a stock ser v-spec (not driver but car) whoever said they did that means the other driver sucked

second, there is no turbo yet that can make 350whp on a scion
Old 04-14-2006, 01:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Menace
There is plenty of kits that are capable of 350whp, relaibly???...Not yet.
I have seen 314whp reliably.
Old 04-14-2006, 02:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by zer0
There is plenty of kits that are capable of 350whp, relaibly???...Not yet.
I have seen 314whp reliably.
I am not talking about cranking out psi till the engine blows I mean inteded use of the turbo... which gets 314? If your talking about the sp its not inteded for those #s either, as far as I am aware unless they made a new one...
Old 04-14-2006, 04:12 AM
5 Year Member

Default Re: tC comparrisons?

Originally Posted by hotbox05
f you spend 5k or so on a turbo kit you can have 350whp and own cars left and right. apparently you went the expensive route with yer gsr.
Well i kept everything high end parts and I do all my own work except the supercharger that was installed by jackson racing down in CA. so it was mostly parts, so yup i went expensive but i never had one issue with drivability. you get what you pay for.
Old 04-14-2006, 04:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

yeah to an extent. all ya gotta do is know what's what. name brands don't allude to high quality. and or lower known brands are often high quality.
Old 04-14-2006, 04:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Society
SL Member

Well if you went to the turbonetics Open house. You would know that the turbonetics kit. W/O any different parts added on. Is capable of 400 hp. The turbo kit is only limited by what the 2az can handle reliably.

At the show at 12 psi the tc was making around 350ish whp.

The turbonetics kit has the right sized injectors. the right turbo and components to handle the boost. and the computer for the proper fuel mapping.

The tC needs new piston heads and rings b4 doing that kind of tuning.

Wich is why the 'netics turbo kit is really a great buy even at close to 5gs.
Old 04-15-2006, 12:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Look, what I am saying is that a stock 2az-fe (without getting lower compression pistons, upgrading rods, studs, bearings, etc) doesnt have a turbo on the market that is marketed to produce 350whp safely out of the box. Once again let me reiterate that I am not talking about any one companies' capability of producing a turbo that is capable of those numbers. You can massage the turbo, put high octane fuel, and take out parts of the exhaust and easily surpass those numbers, but thats not something an everyday driver would want to do to their car...
Old 04-15-2006, 01:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

the bottom end will daily 12psi. the pistons eh maybe 10 ?
Old 04-16-2006, 08:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i beat an 04 v6 tibby, an 05 lancer and a mistubishi spyder which i owe all my victorys to my exaust and intake... cuz i couldnt beat them befor i had them
Old 04-17-2006, 03:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Society
SL Member

Menace, don't get turbo kits capability and the 2az capabilities mixed up. The 'netics kit is fully capable, the 2az is not. There is no need to "message" the turbo or any thing else in the kit. Just turn up the boost and tune the computer. The 2az needs piston rings more than anything. Other than that. Its fully capable of 12 psi.

Doesn't need lower compression forged piston heads. It needs better rings. And since your are down there replacing the rings. it makes perfect sense to get stronger piston heads at least. Personally I would do the rods etc also.
Old 04-24-2006, 02:08 AM
wTc
5 Year Member
SL Member

theres a local tc, here sponsered by nitto. its a 2004.. sonic blue, ic sat in it.. pulling 590hp--- 569 whp.. its a sick **** and its been in plenty of mags to prove it
Old 04-24-2006, 05:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ya the nitto tc is badass, i got a pic of it in my myspace pro it was in the nitto tires commercial too, when i saw it i flipped outa my chair in excitment.... www.myspace.com/scion_jon
Old 04-24-2006, 06:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by scion_jon
ya the nitto tc is badass, i got a pic of it in my myspace pro it was in the nitto tires commercial too, when i saw it i flipped outa my chair in excitment.... www.myspace.com/scion_jon
http://media.putfile.com/Kenny-Tran-Nitto-Scion-tC
Saw it many times last year. Have yet to see it again this year.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oooo im jelouse i wish i had 590hp, id race a corvette for titles
Old 04-24-2006, 07:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Toms-tC
man i cant believe people actually try to take on a 99 M5 or a S4, kinda funny.
I think you're referring to me. As a note, I'm not sure if you caught it but I drive a WRX not a tC. The S4 was an 2005. I pulled up next to him at a light that's in front of a 2-to-1 lane merge. So right as a pulled up the light turned green, I eased into first gear without launching or anything and then decided to go for it and pass him. Apparently he decided the same thing, so we both laid into it and he pulled a fender or so at the top of first, I shifted into second and actually caught up and put about a fender on him at the top of the gear. That obviously wasn't enough to pass him so I let off and merged behind him. But I was very surprised that I pulled on an S4, especially after I looked it up and found that it pushed 340hp. I have no doubt it would have crushed me if we continued to run. But low weight and gearing allowed me to pull on him a bit down low.

I've subsequently found out that I actually knew the driver. He actually tried to sell me his previous car, a Eclipse GSX with water injection and other mods pushing 450+whp. He bought the Audi and now from what I understand he's actually sold it and acquired another Eclipse. I kinda wonder if my little stoplight pull didn't help influence him to go back.

The BMW was different. I came up next to him at a stoplight at night and just barely caught the "M" badge as I pulled up. It's been a while and i don't feel like looking up the other post about this. But as I recall, when the light turned green I was just driving normally and saw him jump forward. At that point I realized he probably wanted to run. Well, we hit the next stoplight together again, and I looked over at him. He looked like some kind of arrogant rich guy, driving Vin Diesel-style with his one hand up on the wheel. When the light turned green I actually launched hard on that guy and pulled a few car lengths, and held him off through like third gear when I let off because the road was curving. I looked up the specs on that car, and can't recall them now. Again though, that was another instance of another car with more power than me but was RWD which gave me the advantage from a stop. If the race had gone on or I had ran him from a roll the outcome probably would have been much different.

Both kills were in my WRX with reflash. I should be getting a turboback exhaust soon which should put me around 300hp.
Old 04-24-2006, 08:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

first of, there is no way stock tc can take a stock ser v-spec (not driver but car) whoever said they did that means the other driver sucked
He was talking about the SE-R not the Spec V.

And yes the tc can pull on the SE-R from a dig, i know from personal expirience. But once i hit fourth gear, i can see him coming up on me. We went at it twice. both times i pulled on him, and both times he started catching up in fourth gear.

Too bad the race was over by then, muhehaha