Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

tCtCtC's CIVIC!

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 12:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

New pics! Sorry I forgot to take some of the eDead install.

-Honda Center Caps

-Alpine Amp (also have the eDead and Infinity 6x9's)

Old 08-22-2010, 03:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I got Infinity 6032cf's

And new rims
Old 08-29-2010, 06:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just to put this in perspective, this is how far the car has come since I got it last October.

And a couple pics of the SSR/Racing Hart/Takechi Project SuperFins.

Old 08-30-2010, 12:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

great progress!! i was just working on my friends HX over the weekend too. replaced all the speakers and put in a cd player. had to gut the interior, gotta love how those rear speakers are installed to get them replaced! lol (hint: taking out interior trim, including backseat)

then a tune up for him. but yeah congrats it's looking nice and clean now!
Old 08-30-2010, 04:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, I've gone through the rear speaker removal like 3 times now haha. I had to do the first speaker install, then I had to remove it again to do eDead, and I had to remove it a third time to put more eDead on.
Old 08-30-2010, 04:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tCtCtC
Yeah, I've gone through the rear speaker removal like 3 times now haha. I had to do the first speaker install, then I had to remove it again to do eDead, and I had to remove it a third time to put more eDead on.
lol yeah it's a pain, if i had the time i would've modified the factory rear deck plastic for some factory look custom grilles. so that I wouldn't have to remove everything just remove the grilles for the speakers to come out.

eDead, or dynamat, I know what you mean, they didn't have the money for that, I would've loved to have put that in, or in the very least some foam for those side panels!

Did you see that sad attempt Honda made for noise reduction on the wheel well inside the side panel? They slapped a 12inch by 3 inch edead-type silver "noise reducing" pad. I almost laughed myself silly. THAT?!?! is supposed to stop noise from the wheel well? That's all there was! wow. no wonder the civic is so loud in stock form. Even the tC has more foam in it than that. I'm amazed at how much more foam and noise reduction the tC has in stock form.

But glad you got some edead in yours!
Old 08-30-2010, 04:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, I got eDead on the entire rear deck, the rear deck cover, the inner fender wells, the rear panels, all three layers of the door, and the door panel itself. I also put foam between the rear deck and the rear glass. I STILL get rattles from the front doors cause of the door handle rails, so I'm thinking about adjusting my amp to just block off some of the bass in the front speakers so it doesn't rattle.
Old 08-30-2010, 05:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, I got eDead on the entire rear deck, the rear deck cover, the inner fender wells, the rear panels, all three layers of the door, and the door panel itself. I also put foam between the rear deck and the rear glass. I STILL get rattles from the front doors cause of the door handle rails, so I'm thinking about adjusting my amp to just block off some of the bass in the front speakers so it doesn't rattle.
hmmm.. how about wrapping some thin foam around the lock rail rods? is that what you mean? the rods that go from the lock in the door handle?

i know that Honda wraps the antenna in foam to not rattle in the a-pillar so maybe wrapping the door rods in thin foam would help? Would at least deaden then vibrations.

where to get such foam? maybe like a micheals or craft store, the stuff i saw on the antenna was maybe 1/8 of an inch thick. and was wrapped then came out like a U where the open end was glued and looked stapled. but staples would just rattle too. Maybe wrap and small zip ties?
Old 08-30-2010, 05:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hmm, I'll see how they sound without as much bass as I have, or else I'll try doing that.
Old 08-30-2010, 05:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow Super Fins!.....Vardy Nice!
Old 08-30-2010, 10:27 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow those wheels are hot! Better watch out for the thieves with those!!
Old 08-31-2010, 12:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks
I need to save up $220 more to get them filled/redrilled to fit my car, and the bend repaired (one of them has a bend). Plus another $250-300 for tires, and another $100 for lug nuts
Old 08-31-2010, 08:33 PM
SL Member

damn dude, its clean.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks! The only thing I wish I didn't do so far was selling my Depo headlights. I'd much rather have those back.
Old 09-05-2010, 07:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just thought I'd share, but I get my permit next month
I have to say, when I was little, I never thought I would ever own a Honda, let alone a Civic. A lot has changed since then, but I'm very excited that the day is almost here. Here's a pic for you guys, I probably won't have the SSR's on for awhile, but I'm hoping to have them redrilled and the bend fixed by Christmas.

Old 09-05-2010, 07:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just thought I'd share, but I get my permit next month
I have to say, when I was little, I never thought I would ever own a Honda, let alone a Civic. A lot has changed since then, but I'm very excited that the day is almost here. Here's a pic for you guys, I probably won't have the SSR's on for awhile, but I'm hoping to have them redrilled and the bend fixed by Christmas.
looking VERY clean and VERY good! great job!

One piece of advice, be selective of your friends or "friends" since ya never know if someone wants to steal something you have. Not to make you paranoid just realistic. I've seen a lot of new drivers not really aware of who their so-called "friends are" and it always ends up the car gets damaged somehow.. accident, vandalism, etc.

And I know you're not like most pre-license drivers since you had the maturity to build this up from the rough shape it was in. Just putting it out there for you to ponder about.

Oh and who cares if the guy in the lane next to you wants to race. Let him, just dont partake, we want to keep that Civic in good shape for years to come, and I bet you do too Yeah this is a Scion board, sure, but who wants all that car work to go down the drain from a moment of bad thinking?

You should be very happy with the work you've done, turned out very classy and clean! congrats!

oh and parallel parking with that civic is SOOOO easy, since it has a tight turning radius! just thinking about your license
Old 09-05-2010, 07:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh trust me, I know. I don't want this to come off as arrogant, but ever since my parent's went through their divorce (still hasn't finalized) I've grown a lot as a person. I've pretty much had to raise myself for the past year, which has shown me that I have to be patient in anything I do. Also considering this, I've had to be much more careful with the people I trust. I'm a very realistic person, and I'm going to try to make every effort for my car's security as possible. I'm planning on relocating my headunit to the bottom cubby, right about the cup holder, so it appears that I don't have a stereo at all. And when the cup holder cover is up, you can't see it at all.

Also, I don't like street racing at all. It's stupid, and just puts yourself and others in danger. Take it to the track. And, my Civic is going to get nowhere, I know it's slow as hell haha. I can't wait to finally get atleast my permit, it's definitely been a long wait for it.

I'll have had the car for one year on October 4th, and it'll be a big milestone for me. Next month, I'll have had my car for a year, AND get my permit. I couldn't ask for anything more. (well, getting my SSR's fixed would be nice...)
Old 09-05-2010, 08:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Uno mas.
Old 09-05-2010, 06:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh trust me, I know. I don't want this to come off as arrogant, but ever since my parent's went through their divorce (still hasn't finalized) I've grown a lot as a person. I've pretty much had to raise myself for the past year, which has shown me that I have to be patient in anything I do. Also considering this, I've had to be much more careful with the people I trust. I'm a very realistic person, and I'm going to try to make every effort for my car's security as possible. I'm planning on relocating my headunit to the bottom cubby, right about the cup holder, so it appears that I don't have a stereo at all. And when the cup holder cover is up, you can't see it at all.

Also, I don't like street racing at all. It's stupid, and just puts yourself and others in danger. Take it to the track. And, my Civic is going to get nowhere, I know it's slow as hell haha. I can't wait to finally get atleast my permit, it's definitely been a long wait for it.

I'll have had the car for one year on October 4th, and it'll be a big milestone for me. Next month, I'll have had my car for a year, AND get my permit. I couldn't ask for anything more. (well, getting my SSR's fixed would be nice...)
hey cool, no i dont think you sound arrogant. glad you're taking the precautions about security. and that cubby hole yup I just got done working on that same cubby hole replacing a cd player that goes in that spot. so i know it well. good idea about putting the radio down there. I know on the old del sol they had a radio door that came up from the bottom to cover the radio. I sometimes think the designers for the tC got the idea from there.

yeah the hx isn't gonna beat anyone. lol except at the gas pump, tthe hx can get into the 40 mpg range! Being in california, you're gonna love that! I know that 0-60 I once timed it at about 9.0 seconds. that's actually faster than the new CR-Z lol.. and gets better gas mileage, AND has double-wishbone suspension. So why would anyone want the "hybrid" lol okay I digress.

it's been a year already? wow seems like 6 months ago you got that HX. and hey i forgot about the divorce stuff, yeah that'll make you have a perspective quickly. but the car looks great, glad all is fixed, now for the wheels. So a place can true those up without sacrificing the integrity of the wheel? if so, cool.
Old 09-05-2010, 09:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, the mpg is great! When my brother was driving it, he averaged about 35 mpg, and that's including beating on it a little bit.
I'm shocked it's been a year also, it seems like time just flew by with it. I'm hoping to get my rims on, the dent fixed, and Form&Funtion type 1 coilovers by next year. As far as the rims go, I'm not sure how much integrity is lost from filling/redrilling, but considering that no one has had an issue with it, I don't think I will either.

Quick Reply: tCtCtC's CIVIC!