Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

Trading in my Tc for the neW GTI<--sick car

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 01:46 AM
Banned
SL Member

Default Trading in my Tc for the neW GTI<--sick car

Okay this is kind of dumb...but people are not talking about how quick this car is bone stock, I actually lost sleep over this last night. I drove a 6 speed GTI and it was so much quicker than my mobbed vr6 gti.I am 100% certain the Mark V GTI will out perform my VR6 in every area and the kicker is it returns better gas mileage...

my guess I'll have a new GTI by the end of February 06

Oh and the car will turn around like your on a bicycle...Did I mention how quick the car is. The sale rep let me take the car on the HWY and it pulled like a mother and had a really nice exhaust note as you got in the higher RPM range...

I'm now certain this car is better in every area than the out going model...I just cant imagine this car with the APR chip 252HP/303Torque with that amazing suspension...Can't wait to pull up next to the car of the year Civic Si or the Mini Cooper S they are so done...It's a wrap... Well done VW
Old 02-02-2006, 02:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Trading in my Tc for the neW GTI<--sick car

Originally Posted by TcDepo
Okay this is kind of dumb...but people are not talking about how quick this car is bone stock, I actually lost sleep over this last night. I drove a 6 speed GTI and it was so much quicker than my mobbed vr6 gti.I am 100% certain the Mark V GTI will out perform my VR6 in every area and the kicker is it returns better gas mileage...

Oh and the car will turn around like your on a bicycle...Did I mention how quick the car is. The sale rep let me take the car on the HWY and it pulled like a mother and had a really nice exhaust note as you got in the higher RPM range...

I'm now certain this car is better in every area than the out going model...I just cant imagine this car with the APR chip 252HP/303Torque with that amazing suspension...Can't wait to pull up next to the car of the year Civic Si or the Mini Cooper S they are so done...It's a wrap... Well done VW
Yes, well done. Its a great car, it really is. Draw backs? Way over-priced.
Old 02-02-2006, 02:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by TcDepo

Nice choice but watch out for the reliability issues. The new GTIs are teh hawtness.
Old 02-02-2006, 02:20 AM
Banned
SL Member

its def not over priced u can get pk 0 gti for 20 grand and comes standard with hids,good stereo,nice plaid seat, and a powerful 2.0t motor and buttery smooth tranny...i guartee u once u drive u'll fall in love with this car no car at that price range drives like the new gti..
Old 02-02-2006, 02:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I've heard that GTIs have one of the smoothest manual trannies among the cars in its class. Certainly would be a HUGE step up from the piece of crap they put in our cars.
Old 02-02-2006, 04:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

im not all about the plaid seats, that was a big turn away for me, but i guess its the special thing... i would rather have the konig seats from an R32
Old 02-02-2006, 05:01 AM
Banned
SL Member

i sat on both the leather seats and plaid seats in the car and to me the plaid was more comforable...i love the way it looks also with the stiching has that retro look to it..like the second generation gti seat...they are hawwtt

check out pics of the seats and car.... http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2415657
Old 02-02-2006, 05:47 AM
5 Year Member

interesting... if you can get one for 20k then i might consider trading in the tc

C&D test
0-60 in 6.0 seconds
1/4 in 14.7 seconds @ 97 mph

http://www.caranddriver.com/article....ticle_id=10251
Old 02-02-2006, 08:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

under 20k? i think not. old ones were easily over 22 with just one option on em.

too bad the new mkV design is hideous. ruins a perfect lineage of cars.
Old 02-02-2006, 08:37 AM
Banned
SL Member

i was doin the math on how much it would cost to make the tc a 200hp car???let s see

Scion Tc- 17,500with tax and everythin
Super charger or turbo- 3000 or 4000 (without install)
Would need a new clutch and that crap- S1000
Exhaust-$700
Tires and Wheel cause u'll need it- $1500
and of course suspension- $1000
etc.
so do the math on how much u got to spend to make this car 200hp and all that

Everything in the gti is excellent dont need to change nothing and will still Poop all over a s/c tc bone stock...and with all the spent on the tc u can buy a loaded gti.. gti is a all around better car enough said
Old 02-02-2006, 01:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by hotbox05
under 20k? i think not. old ones were easily over 22 with just one option on em.

too bad the new mkV design is hideous. ruins a perfect lineage of cars.

thank you!! i was just like.. "Am I the only one thinking this?!".. I've been a VW person ever since my first car.. one Jetta, 2 corrados and a scirocco. Yes, reliability factor was always an issue and that is why I eventually moved on to Japanese cars. But you can't beat a German car for looks, performance and overall ride quality/feel. Unfortunately, I was uber-disappointed when the new Jetta came out. And even more upset at the new GTI.. I used to get $hit for driving the new hatchback civic Si a couple years ago, and now people are raving over this GTI and it makes that Si look like a beauty queen.

All the other features are awesome though, I gotta admit- if you can swallow the looks and the well below-average reliability factor.
Old 02-02-2006, 02:01 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

the car will definetely surprise a few people at the track, assuming it doesnt break down on the way there...
Old 02-02-2006, 02:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Def. a nice ride
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=102911
Old 02-02-2006, 03:11 PM
Banned
SL Member

nghg
Old 02-02-2006, 03:16 PM
Banned
SL Member

the mk v gti ha s been out in europe for almost 2 years tthey fixed all the bugs in it....and the new gti is built in the moterland of vw thats wolfsburg, germany...the other gtis were made in brasil...and u cant say that are not relieable cause i have a 98 gti vr6 with 175,000 miles and still runs like a champ never gave me a problem.. u just have know to maintain it and take car of it...japanease car needs less maintainin.. but jap car will never drive like a german car..why do u think when ur goin 90mph on a german feels like ur goin like 55 and on a jap car ur 90 feels like ur goin like 140...cause the germen cars are better built made for speed/AUTOBAHN...
Old 02-02-2006, 03:25 PM
5 Year Member

Theyre ok I beat one by a headlight off the line, both of us were stock.
Old 02-02-2006, 03:36 PM
Banned
SL Member

i dont think it was a mk 5 gti it was poubualy a stock mk 4 gti even that would whoop my tc stock...

200hp/207lbs/ft toque vs. 160hp/163lbs./ft i dout the guy was rippin on it
Old 02-02-2006, 03:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just a general question, but are you 5 years old, or possibly drunk?
Old 02-02-2006, 03:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

show us the paper that you've/ will signed so we can see how much you really bought the car for. VW Vortex has the pricing for the new GTI and it starts at nearly $22,000.
Old 02-02-2006, 03:56 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by TrafficinLA
show us the paper that you've/ will signed so we can see how much you really bought the car for. VW Vortex has the pricing for the new GTI and it starts at nearly $22,000.
um yes it sticker at around 21.5 to 22 but have u ever heard of price negotiating o u must not cause of the scion pure price thing...well ya i negoticated and got mine for 20,000 grand and change...

Quick Reply: Trading in my Tc for the neW GTI<--sick car