Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

Trading in my Tc for the neW GTI<--sick car

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 10:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Originally Posted by TcDepo
1.8t r the old mk IV motors the mk V has 2.0t..my cuz has a 03 20th anversity gti 1.8t and he has a APR stage 3 plus turbokit on....he destroys sti's and evos and m3's on the highway....HE EVEN KEEPS UP WITH CORVETTES ZO6'S so dont tell me the old 1.8t motors are slow cause those little motors are sickly tunable..his car is such a sleeper

He'S actally selling it cause he is gettin a brand new M3 wants a high end car..
heres a link to his car..... http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2363659
anyone can keep up with a z06 when you're racing them and they're not racing back.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

tcdeepcrap

lol

I'll agree with you on one front. srt-4's are piece of chit cars. they are cheap ,they are low class. BUT when theyre not falling apart they are FAST

and can be made VERY fast VERY easily.

the predicted average lifespan for the engines in those car's is 75k
Old 02-24-2006, 01:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by hotbox05
new r32? r32 is OLD like early ninety's old.
I think he means the R36 (newer version of the current R32) which should be coming out in a year or two.
Old 02-24-2006, 01:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

yeah so i figure. that will probably be called the v35.

since it's engine is the vq. and it's a 3.5 liter. i don't know for sure. but the "r" skylines had "rb" motors as to their name......
Old 02-24-2006, 02:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by hotbox05
yeah so i figure. that will probably be called the v35.

since it's engine is the vq. and it's a 3.5 liter. i don't know for sure. but the "r" skylines had "rb" motors as to their name......
not the skyline R32.. he's talking about the VW R32 (or the newer, soon to come out model, the R36)
Old 02-24-2006, 08:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

i don't think so cause he said g35 or r32. so i . well who cares. lol
Old 02-24-2006, 10:06 PM
Banned
SL Member

Quality parts for the wrx can get very expensive. APS exhuast 2000!!! My buddy has over 15k into his car and is putting 330 to the ground. Give me 15k and I will SHATTER that. Plus, I don't think the GTi is over priced at all. These cars are in two different classes. Comparing based on price is like comparing a Civic Si to a 350Z. Apples and oranges.

every car has it's issues even the tc's , I've had 98' VW gti vr6 and haven't had one problem. My buddy has a jetta is it gives him a bunch of issues. My friend with the WRX has had nothing but problems, he is on his third rear main seal. As I have said before every car has it's good and it's bad, just but the one that is the best for you. It really doesn't matter what anyone on this board says, i am the one thats goin to be driving it everyday...
Old 02-24-2006, 10:10 PM
Banned
SL Member

The '06 WRX was the first car I ever test drove. I loved it from the start and told myself I would still consider other cars, but still wanted the WRX. After thinking on it for over 4 months, I realized I didn't need the WRX. I was leading more towards the Mazda3 Hatchback or the '06 Si. So I was gonna test drive an Si and was looking for cars in the same price range on Edmunds. Found out the new body style of the GTI was out. Loved the look automatically! 2 hours later, I went and test drove one, thinking I was gonna test drive the Si afterward. 1 hour after that, I bought the GTI. So only 3 hours of research and such, I bought a car. I had been researching the WRX for over 4 months and still went for the GTI. The ride is much better! Definitely go for the GTI. It's one Hot Hatch!

Also, this is coming from a guy that has been obsessed with Japanese everything. JDM all the way for 3 years. The GTI had something the WRX didn't.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
actually I am coming from an 03' Mitsu EVO. I sold it to a friend that HAD to have it so, I sold it to him. Now the GTI is my new weapon of choice. To be honest though I am not new to VW products though. I owned a 91' G60 Corrado, 2000 Passat, Audi Allroad 2.7T wagon, Audi A4 quattro (wifes car). As much as I loved my Mitsu I just always missed a good quality cockpit to sit in.

<<<<THIS IS FROM A GUYS FROM THE MKV FORUM>>
Old 02-24-2006, 11:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

3 hours of research and you made a 30k decision? wow. again I reiterate the idiot clause.

u just said the ugly as hell "06 wrx was the first car I ever test drove" now you're saying you came from an 03 evo?

you obviously can afford whatever insurance pains you so why on earth would u get rid of the evo? just drive it till it blows up in about two years.

it's a billion times better than yer veedub. at least from a performance standpoint.

wife's car. yeah she must love being married to an immature liar who's sense of reality is seriously distorted.
Old 02-24-2006, 11:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TcDepo
Quality parts for the wrx can get very expensive. APS exhuast 2000!!! My buddy has over 15k into his car and is putting 330 to the ground. Give me 15k and I will SHATTER that. Plus, I don't think the GTi is over priced at all. These cars are in two different classes. Comparing based on price is like comparing a Civic Si to a 350Z. Apples and oranges.

every car has it's issues even the tc's , I've had 98' VW gti vr6 and haven't had one problem. My buddy has a jetta is it gives him a bunch of issues. My friend with the WRX has had nothing but problems, he is on his third rear main seal. As I have said before every car has it's good and it's bad, just but the one that is the best for you. It really doesn't matter what anyone on this board says, i am the one thats goin to be driving it everyday...
Well, my buddy has about $4K in his bugeye WRX and he has about 350hp. That's in mostly TurboXS parts which are widely agreed to be one of the best routes for performance. He also uses an uppipe from an STi and a VF34 turbo. He's never had any problems at all. Your friend spent WAY too much money to only be putting that kind of power down.

I agree that the base prices are pretty different, but I bought my new 05 premium sedan completely loaded for $24K out the door. Loaded GTI's are going for waaaay more than that, so the price point is comparable.
Old 02-25-2006, 12:10 AM
Banned
SL Member

u have to be the biggest FCUKIN retart in this thing...those comments are from 2 diferent people..not the same guy....And once again i have to repaet myself to your dumb@ss... gti aren't 30k...THEY START AT $21,900 THATS WITH EVERYTHING EXEPT SUNROOF,SATALLITE RADIO,18 INCH WHEELS,LEATHER SEATS...THE REST IS ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL STANDARD!!!DO U UNDERSTAND NOW RETART..JEEZ..AND ALSO THE PRICE IS NEGIOTABLE...IS IT SO HARD TO BELIEVE...A FULLY LOADED GTI YES IS $27,000 BUT U CAN LEAVE OUT THE DOOR AT $25,000 easy...SO SHUT THE **** UP AND STOP COMIN BACK TO ARGUE..about a cheap @ss lookin car

WRX OR EVO WILL NEVER BE BETTER THEN GTI OVERALL...YEA ITS FAST THATS ABOUT IT...THE RIDE WILL NEVR COME CLOSE TO THE GTI...GTI HAS LOTS OF POTNEIAL WITH THE MOTOR AND ON TOP OF ALL THAT YOUR DRIVING COMFORABLE AND RIDE IS SMOOTH..INSTEAD OF YOUR KIDNEYS EXPLODIN ON A STI/EVO
Old 02-25-2006, 12:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

what comments from two people. ah now I see. apologies.

they start at 21,900. yet you paid 27,xxxk and then add tax , title , license , easily 30k.

what car is a cheap looking?

kidneys are worth exploding for speed. and I know u talk about overall yet a page back you were all about complete control at 155. lol and all this 280whp and 300 tq bs.......
Old 02-25-2006, 12:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

oh and if you an evo , and audi and all the crap you supposedly have owned why would you have ever owned a tc? it's slow , fwd , kinda ugly , not luxurious, and not german engineered YO!
Old 02-25-2006, 12:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

oh and last time I checked people who still called their dad "daddy" don't get married.
Old 02-25-2006, 04:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
StyleWagons
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Sometimes they marry boys!
Old 02-25-2006, 03:05 PM
Banned
SL Member

Its funny how you guys say VW is CHeap And $hitty considerin that they make the FASTEST CAR IN THE WORLD!!

Bugatti 16/4 Veyron( http://www.2sportscars.com/bveyron.shtml )

AUDI..VW

Skoda...VW OWNS

SEAT...VW OWNS

Lamborghini....VW OWNS

BENTLEY....VW OWNS

Porshce...VW OWNS

WHats NexT???
Old 02-25-2006, 05:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
StyleWagons
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Oh, correction: VW= Cheap, $hitty, FAST. There, is that better?
Old 02-25-2006, 05:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

VW owns? Now that's the funniest fsck I've read here!
VW owns more shops to fix them maybe, and certainly they're popular with the Brokeback Mountain crowds, but owns?

Old 02-25-2006, 05:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

I can't believe this guys still going at it?

is he so thick headed to even notice no one cares he got a VW GTI??

Or that almost everyone dislikes him on this forum rite now?

oh wells... there will always be ignorant people in this world..

lates.
Old 02-25-2006, 05:35 PM
Banned
SL Member

yaaa dont hate cause they are a bigger company then toyota and the best sellin cars internationally...if u baby your car it will last....They can own toyota, nissan, honda anyday...

Quick Reply: Trading in my Tc for the neW GTI<--sick car