Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

Trading in my Tc for the neW GTI<--sick car

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 11:44 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by SilverRSXJezus
Originally Posted by TcDepo
first of all i would buy an american pos and last its a neon... and the interior looks so cheap and ride is not smooth...

and yes a stock gti would probualy still beat a s/c tc..the gti is the fastest 200hp car i've ever driven it feel like it has more it probualy does..just go to a local vw dealership and test drive they proubualy let u take it by urself ... i took 1 by myself i ripped the $hit out of it..this car is no joke just wait til mods come out for this car

Gti- $20,000 add $600 for an apr chip boast u up to 252hp at 300 ft/lbs of toque i'll b $hitin all over s/c tc, si, srt, r32, end of story

and plus gti r ment for turbos the engine is built for a turbo charger

the tc is a economy with what i read on this forum about people engine goin bad with simple mods like header,exhaust,intake what makes u think a tc can handle a turbo or supercharger
What are you smoking?

the tC can handle boost easily....say hello to forged internals? What's the record on stock internals again, like 400-500 whp? I think that's sufficient.

Funny how you can get a SRT-4 for about the same price except it'll have 230 whp stock. And they're easy to mod as well...

Yes, the GTI may be more well rounded than most cars in its category, but unless VW is doing some drastic changes in how they build their cars, the reliability is going to be the same old.

Check out the JD power or Consumer Reports rating on VW....they're quite below the industry average in terms of dependability, not exactly what I want in my car.

And u think a tc with that much boast is relieable...lol

and the srt 4 will alway b a neon its a cheap @ss car that rides like $hit..ya its fast but rides like poop...gti is smooth and powerful...euro car r the best
Old 02-05-2006, 03:22 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

[quote="TcDepo"]
Originally Posted by SilverRSXJezus

And u think a tc with that much boast is relieable...lol

and the srt 4 will alway b a neon its a cheap @ss car that rides like $hit..ya its fast but rides like poop...gti is smooth and powerful...euro car r the best
Well, so far I haven't heard of any major problems with the tC running high boost on stock internals

Anyways, I'm not trying to hate on European cars...I'd love to drive one. But you're putting down not only japanese cars but also american. So it's only fair for me to criticize your beloved euro cars.

Let's see....what's funny is that while the SRT4 might be "crap", it's still far more reliable than the overall european car. The only brand I know that is ranked up high in reliability is Porsche...which you haven't really mentioned, and BMW is the only other brand that actually ranks ABOVE the industry average.

Mercedes? Volkswagon, Audi? While if I had a lot money, I'd probably pick some of their cars over others, their cars are among the lowest in build quality. Please don't tell me you're more likely going to have a reliable vehicle with a VW than a domestic/Japanese brand.

I'm not doubting the GTI will ride smooth and powerful, though. I like the engine, and the interior looks great...and as always the european cars have nice suspension. It's just that while that may be more appealing than other brands, I just wanted to point out its weaknesses as well. No hatin' over here, just trying to show an objective view point
Old 02-05-2006, 04:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Me gusta mucho al Cupra R
Old 02-05-2006, 04:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

edit
Old 02-05-2006, 04:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i werk for a VW dealer, the new GTI is pretty nice
but wait for the 6 cylinder with DSG

if you are buying now be sure to get the DSG trans
it is faster than the stick..proven almost every day
Old 02-05-2006, 06:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

^ how come it doesnt show it on the VW website? What is the engine out now?
Old 02-05-2006, 06:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

dsg tranbs may be faster but i like to shift my own gears thank you very much. lol
Old 02-05-2006, 09:46 PM
Banned
SL Member

i was thinkin about gettin the dsg tranny on my new gti but then i thought about it...it may be faster then stick but can it handle more power...i got a stick cause once apr or atp comes with a turbo kit for this car i'm gettin it.. and ones thats done see ya later EVOs and StI
Old 02-06-2006, 10:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Not a GTI but.....

Mods are:
APR EMCS
Neuspeed RS10 19" Rims
Goodyear Eagle F1 DS-G3 235/35/19 rubber
Neuspeed sport springs with Neuspeed Blisten Dampers
Neuspeed rear sway bar
StopTech Big Brake Kit
European LED tail lights. These are the OEM tails the Jettas get in Europe complete with rear fog.
APR turbo back exhaust is ordered, just waiting on it's release and custom code for the ECU to get the most out of the exhaust.

It's a completely different car from my previous tC. So, a Apples to Apples comparison of the cars would be unfair. It's forced induction from the factory. Has a SLICK DSG tranny and great fuel economy even when chipped.

Like all things it's not perfect. I needs a limited slip diff with this much power coming out of the front wheels. No panoramic sunroof (or associated rattles). Looks like a sedan because it is. Before dropping has a 4x4 ride height.

But, mechanically, this is the same car a the GTI but, with a trunk.

I miss parts of the tC and the up and coming culture surrounding it but, I'm glad to be back into the VW community. Also, the radiness of the major tuners with products for these cars. No waiting on an ECU upgrade.

And for old times sake, the old tC that is now enjoying it's life with a 50 year old couple

I've still got 3 rims, two of which have minor curb rash on them and one in pristene condition with a new tire mounted on it for the tC if anyone is interested. Just email me at vortex_mod at mac dot com.
Old 02-06-2006, 10:59 PM
Banned
SL Member

i love the color of your gli its a hott ___ car...i think ur color is same if not maybe a little darker then the united gray i ordered on my gti...
Old 02-06-2006, 11:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TcDepo
i love the color of your gli its a hott butt car...i think ur color is same if not maybe a little darker then the united gray i ordered on my gti...
United Grey and Platinum Grey are almost indistinguishable.
Old 02-07-2006, 12:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Chick car....

sry...just goofing.
Old 02-07-2006, 12:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by surfcity40
Chick car....

sry...just goofing.
Hehehehe, if I weren't married that would be good thing. As I'd hopefully have a harem of chicks all wanting to go for a ride in my car.

I can dream. Good thing I love my wife.
Old 02-07-2006, 01:24 AM
Banned
SL Member

read why the new gti is better then the honda si... http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2428279
Old 02-07-2006, 01:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Originally Posted by Thread
Chick car....

sry...just goofing.
Hehehehe, if I weren't married that would be good thing. As I'd hopefully have a harem of chicks all wanting to go for a ride in my car.

they meant chick car as in a car a chick would own. not asd in a car that would get chicks cause the new jetta will not get a guy chicks.
Old 02-07-2006, 01:59 AM
Banned
SL Member

first of all u dont get chicks with a car u drive that sad...u gotta have game thats how u get chicks and second look whos talking u drive an xb like u can get chicks with that... that probualy has to b the second ugliest car i've ever seen in my life aztec is first.. gli is a hot @ss car..good choice bro
Old 02-07-2006, 03:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea, so after reading this i went to the vw dealer down the street, needless to say i wasnt too impressed. it seemed to perform as expected, i really didnt get to drive it hard but i think i got the feel of it. but the interior has got to go. and whoever put the scotish seat inserts needs to be shot, putting those in a sports car. the seats were a little too narrow for my tastes too. and to whoever said they around 20, yea theyre 24 bone stock, plus the 615 destination fee. but almost all of them came with the sunroof and serius package, and with the auto the gli was like 28, gti 25. but what i really thought was funny was the over eager sales guy wanted to see what my trade would be... 06 tc, 2400 miles, a few add ons... they had to call the toyota dealership to see what to give me for the trade because it wasnt in the books yet... supposodly the toyota dealer said theyd give 15000 for a trade so thats what the vw dealer would do. i told him casually that thats a load of sh*t, hes like " YEA, BUT YOU GOTTA RELIZE THEY GOT A BUNCH OF THESE 2006'S JUST SITTIN ON THE LOT SO YOU CANT EXPECT AS HIGH OF A TRADE" lol i started laughing as i explained they have been on 2 month back order since their unveiling. then he started with " you also gotta relize about supply and demand... they have to make their money...bla bla bla. i thought that was pretty good how they always try to act so knowledgeable when they dont know what they are talking about. if toyota gave them that low of a number, then they are just jelous and want it themsleves. i told him they were selling above retail becuase of the "supply and demand". but anyway, ill keep my tc, i like it better, and so does the fiance. peace
Old 02-07-2006, 04:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by hotbox05
Originally Posted by Thread
Chick car....

sry...just goofing.

they meant chick car as in a car a chick would own. not asd in a car that would get chicks cause the new jetta will not get a guy chicks.
Yeah, I got that but, either way it does not matter. I've got the chick that counts to me. And I've got a car I really love driving and it fun to tinker with. Heck, I just plugged my laptop into it to get the data from the ECU on how much power the engine was making.

That sort of stuff really helps me out when I want to see if there's something wrong (never been anything wrong yet) or if it's performing to it's peak efficiency.

But, I also like the box. Lots of potential in that car but, just not quick enough for me in stock form which would imply to me I'd need to put a lot more into it to get it as fast as I'd like. With the GLI it was decent from the factory and with a few hundred bucks it's now phenomenal with the ECU programming.
Old 02-09-2006, 01:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Exclusive
SL Member

i have owned 4 VWs, all with at least 100k to 170k on them and not one has ever broken down on me. they are great cars and lots of fun to drive. i think vw has losts its way. the 04.5 jetta GLI was beautiful! then this POS comes out and just drops the ball. the engine is wonderful, put that engine/tranny into a 98 Cabrio and you got a sweet ride!
Old 02-17-2006, 03:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by heyitznosaj
I've heard that GTIs have one of the smoothest manual trannies among the cars in its class. Certainly would be a HUGE step up from the piece of crap they put in our cars.
I'm not sure if the new GTI's transmition is better, but my friend has an '03 GTI VR6 and he hates the 6speed in it... it grinds 3rd almost every time and does not feel smooth at all. i've driven if and the tC feels much smoother.

we also have raced several times.. I have H/I/SS and he just has an intake.. from a 0-70mph I have about a car length on him.. at 90mph he passes me and puts about 1 car length on me. the car really doesn't amaze me for having 200hp and a v6..

Quick Reply: Trading in my Tc for the neW GTI<--sick car