Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

Trading in my Tc for the neW GTI<--sick car

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 02:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh not another one... why do people keep coming on here with cars that they re trading the tc in for and keep trying to assure themselves that they are doing the right thing. Uh duhhhha iam goign to spend 4 grand more for more hp iam cool now. Thats great congrats on the new car really iam happy for you lots of my friends have gtis, but dont go on scion forums bashing a scion car you paid more for the car and you get what you paid for more hp. I could just as well by a wrx and say your car is a pos compared to it. (Iam sure thats how quite a few wrx onwers feel) or i could buy a mustang for even cheaper - even been in a moded mustangs? no they arents super cars stock and arent fi stock however go to a mustang forum plrenty of people making 300 400 and 500 hp on those cars.

I have yet to see a dealership sell a car below msrp that just came out and isnt having some kind of give away (Id like to see the contract then I ll believe you). And as any car owner you should also know a car price isnt just its sticker price. Its gas (gti need premium) and insurance (gti has the highest insurance cost in that class). So in the end youll be spending way over then just a few thousand for the gti. *Notice how Iam not sayign gti is a bad car because it is nice, however be realistic when comapring. Coming on here and trying to make yourself seem better like you are some car guru for picking a better car.

Bottom line is I like gtis great interior nice cars good hp, but dont make it out to be some amazing car, you paid extra money and got more hp congrats now stop bi***ing about how the tc is worse, because we paid the lower price tag for less hp.
Old 02-20-2006, 02:48 PM
Banned
SL Member

uhhh buddy its only 2 grand more its not like comparin a honda to Bmw.... and its a geramn car drives like a high end car at a affordable price... and plus ya mustangs are fast but they not quality/high end cars...
Old 02-20-2006, 03:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
StyleWagons
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I own a bike I paid about 6k for. It's faster than anything you own and handles better too. It will stop quicker than any VW made. The build quality is far superior to VW also. That makes me cooler, smarter, faster, and all the chicks dig me cause I raely wear underware, and when I do it's usually something................ Dude, puberty is a curious thing, your body is going through some changes, sometimes it's scary, you could try talking it over with your mom or your Scout Master........ Get a life, I hear they're on sale..........
Old 02-20-2006, 03:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default VW Quality

Originally Posted by TheQuietThings
the car will definetely surprise a few people at the track, assuming it doesnt break down on the way there...
I really like the styling of most VW's, and bought a new GTI in 1998. It was just the 2.0 8 valve non-turbo model. I should mention that I really liked the car....and their quality and warranty is probably better now than back then. However, it only had a 2 year/24000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. I see why they did this! Before it had 12,000 miles on it, they had to replace a water pump (leak and squeak), an intake gasket (leak), rear main seal (leak), seat track (klunk), window regulator (window going up crooked) and steering column (klunk). When I got rid of it at 25000 miles, the dash lights around the heater controls were out, and the seat was klunking again.
I was very disappointed in the car and VW. I didn't want to keep it any longer and have to actually pay for repairs for things that SHOULD last more than a couple years and 25.000 miles.
I think the new GTI is sweet, but my previous experience has soured me on Volkswagen. (Also, I work for Toyota now)
Toyota/Scion just needs to build a factory tire burner like the GTI or WRX!
Good luck!
Old 02-20-2006, 03:20 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by Scott17
I own a bike I paid about 6k for. It's faster than anything you own and handles better too. It will stop quicker than any VW made. The build quality is far superior to VW also. That makes me cooler, smarter, faster, and all the chicks dig me cause I raely wear underware, and when I do it's usually something................ Dude, puberty is a curious thing, your body is going through some changes, sometimes it's scary, you could try talking it over with your mom or your Scout Master........ Get a life, I hear they're on sale..........

Well, everybody acts like the issues that Vw's have are big problems.
The fact of the matter is that the issues that they have are very minor.
A coilpack, a MAF, an oxygen sensor. All things that are minor.
People tend to forget that when these Consumer Report magazines do realibilty rating's, they are rated upon how many car's came in for service, and not what the service was for. It could have been a freaking light bulb out, and obviously the vast majority of issues are not really "problems".

Saying the 1.8t motor is unrealiable is seriously funny. The 1.8t motor is rock solid, and you have to be a complete moron to mess up that motor
Old 02-20-2006, 03:24 PM
Banned
SL Member

VW's may not be as bad as CR makes them out to be (CR makes them sound like they are the Black Death). But I also think a VW owner is much pickier than a Toyota owner.
Example: My father will brag about how he never had to take his Toyota Camry into the shop. This car had one of the doors fall off (a four door car became a three door), the sunroof died, it shook like a crazy person, rear wheel wells rusted really poorly, A/C stopped working, transmission didn't run smoothly from 1st to 2nd, and many other problems I can't think of. Fact is, this car NEEDED to go to the shop, but he never thought of it having any problems because he didn't care abotu them. People don't care about Toyotas (most people that is), but people do care about their VW's.
Old 02-20-2006, 03:57 PM
Banned
SL Member

It may not be as reliable as a japanese car but it's definetly a lot more fun to drive compared to other cars in this same segment.

Audi has been putting much more money and time into improving reliability.

In a 'leaked' RS4 document, AUdi came in 11th out of 38 last year and in 2005 it improved to 8th place. Hmmm, actually I take my original comment back about reliability with japanese cars, in 2005, the only japanese manufacturers that ranked better than Audi were TOyota (7th) and Lexus (1st). Honda was in 12th.

Reliability of the 2.0T should be pretty good . It's been used for some time already in Europe, only 'big' problem I recall reading were bad coilpacks but that could happen to any car using the same/similar coilpack that problem was fixed.

My brothers 2001 A4, well, version two, spent little time in the garage outside of scheduled maintenance. First A4 had a serious engine problem on day three and the dealer replaced the whole car without him asking. Now that's customer service.

If it was a toyota/honda they'd bust your ***** about it..they'll find a way to blame it on you. and make you pay for the problem...Vw/Audi customer Servive is a whole lot better then Toyota/Honda and you know it so dont even start
Old 02-20-2006, 04:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^you arent listening to what iam saying yeah its only two grand more*(thats if you got it at msrp which unlikely but ok ill give you that ) however insurance cost and fuel cost will up the car by a lot more insurance alone is a tremendous amount on that car. Like i said the highest insurance in that class.

Iam not goign to argue anymore because my whole point isnt arguing that the tc is a better car my point is that nither is the vw you are paying more money for it ofcourse you are going to get a better car for more money youd be an idiot if you didnt.

But ones again I can say that the wrx is a better car and only 2 grand more and then I can say the 350 is a better car then wrx for 2 grand more and you cna keep going like that to no end. You got a diff car be happy with but dont come on here bashing other peoples cars who like them and did pay less money for their car therefor less hp.

As for the mustangs yeah they arent quality high end cars but they are cheaper then your car faster and a hell of a lot more potential. You were comparing speed of vw to hp of tc. It applies here as well.
Old 02-20-2006, 04:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TcDepo
uhhh buddy its only 2 grand more its not like comparin a honda to Bmw.... and its a geramn car drives like a high end car at a affordable price... and plus ya mustangs are fast but they not quality/high end cars...
please show me the $2,000 difference.. I want a MSRP for both cars. it is definately more then a $2,000 difference..
Old 02-20-2006, 04:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Can any of the mods lock this thread because it is really getting like a stupidfight between kindergarden.
Old 02-20-2006, 04:17 PM
Banned
SL Member

ok subarus/wrx are for tree huggers....they r cheap lookin and ride rough
Old 02-20-2006, 04:33 PM
Banned
SL Member

and about mustangs ya they are fast what are they v8's
whats the fuel ecomony on those things??? and how do they handle around curves???

In about a couple weeks i'll b pushin 280hp 305lbs ft of torque thats on a 4 cylinder turbo charged with simple bolts ons that cost no more than $1500 and still b gettin over 30mpg highway driving...the 2.0T is goin to have ALOT of potiental just liek the 1.8t did
Old 02-20-2006, 04:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Please stick a fork in this because it's done. And don't take TcDepo's attitude as representative of all VW owners. GTI included.
Old 02-21-2006, 05:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This is the the "All Other Vehicles" forum, right? I didn't accidentally find my way into the "All Other Toyotas" room did I.

Don't get me wrong; I love my tC....Tell you what though, as soon as I can "afford" to "drive" the German girl I'm not settling for, I will. Nothing personal about Scions/Toyotas....They certainly serve a purpose.

I will leave this tC completely stock and do all of the maintenance, I promise. It will be as solid as the day I bought it.

S4....A3....GTI....in that order.
Old 02-21-2006, 05:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

BOO!!!
Old 02-21-2006, 05:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

all i gotta say is hitler genes!
Old 02-21-2006, 06:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

tcdepo you are a complete idiot.

wrx's are in no way treehugger owned , cheap looking rough riding cars.

any sports tuned car or sports car will ride rough. it's called the effects of a stiff responsive suspension.

and the 2azfe 2.4 liter out of the tc , highlander , camry , solara , rav4 LOVES boost.

it is a very stout motor.

go read your little euro mags and diss every non Butt ugly mkV gti car. ok? ok great!
Old 02-21-2006, 07:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TcDepo
ok subarus/wrx are for tree huggers....they r cheap lookin and ride rough

In about a couple weeks i'll b pushin 280hp 305lbs ft of torque thats on a 4 cylinder turbo charged with simple bolts ons that cost no more than $1500 and still b gettin over 30mpg highway driving...the 2.0T is goin to have ALOT of potiental just liek the 1.8t did
You're a moron. The WRX is an infinitely better deal. Since you've never been inside one, I'll tell you the ride is nice and firm, and the interior is exceptional as well. The handling is nicer than the GTI's as well. Very comparable to my buddy's 03 GTI. It's also insured as a sport sedan.

Of course, my WRX is rated number one most reliable sporty car by CR. And I've had it for about a year and never taken it in for service. It must be great having all that German-engineering behind your car when it's built in a third-world country.

Congratulations on pushing 280hp/305tq with your front wheel drive car. My 260hp/265tq reflashed WRX will still rape you. Must be nice. At the end of the day, with your 280hp/305tq modded GTI, a stock Subaru Legacy GT (read: "tree-hugger" family sedan or station wagon) as well as countless turbo tC's on this site will still crush you in the quarter mile. Call me if you ever hit 13's, and thanks for playing. Fool.
Old 02-21-2006, 01:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Skunk
Congratulations on pushing 280hp/305tq with your front wheel drive car.
the funny thing is he doesn't actually own a car with 280hp/305tq... he just says it "could happen".. "IF" the mods were added on.. and "IF" he actually owned the car.
Old 02-21-2006, 03:46 PM
Banned
SL Member

ok u guys have no idea how this car is with a chip its a completly different car with a chip...dont tell me this car has no potenial and cant beat a wrx...my friends 03 20th AE 1.8t which he got new at $23,000 droped a Apr Stage 3 plus for $5000 installed he rapes and $hits all over Evos and Sti's and m3's and keeps up with corvette z06 its comes out to b $28,000 ride a whole lot better than a wrx/tree huggers car...ya all wheel drive is better for launchin but once boast hits on this car its gone..see ya later... 1.8t's was the MOST TUNABLE MOTORS EVER WITH SIMPLE BOLT ONS...oo and insurance on a wrx is ridiclous and gas milege sucks...gti get over 30mpg with chip and all...

I just got my chip put in yesterday I went with the REVO software...

Two words can only describe the difference...

HOLY SH**!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The car pulls so sickly, It just spins all through first, ESP is going wild.. HAHA.. The best is on the hwy in 6th.. There is no need to downshift to pass anything i was even tailing a 350Z at 155mph on the turnpike.. There is more than enough power in this car to do anything, now that its REVOed its day and night difference. Its is a must for any MKV owner upgrade. The car is not the same, its like i spent $450 and got a brand new car..!!! I give the REVO software an A++++++++!!!!and yes as of now i should be at around 260hp and 303ft lbs tq...waitin on turboback exhaust, Forge 007 DV, and CAI, Euro Spec Springs and Sway BArs..SHould b at 280hp and the Revo tech said u should b hittin mid 13's...so WRX/TREE HUGGERS hope i see u in the Highway cause nothing can stop a german enginnerin car at high speeds/auto bahn.. i went 155mph already and still could have kept goin without any vibration and went so smoothly and comfortable with control.. try doin that in ur jap car and see how it feels...feels like your like 200plusmph scary as hell

And to hotbox05 uhhhh buddy u drive an xB i dont even know why your even talkin...talk about ugly car and cheap lookin I have nothin else to say..

Quick Reply: Trading in my Tc for the neW GTI<--sick car