Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

Trading in my Tc for the neW GTI<--sick car

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 05:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
StyleWagons
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Why don't you post up some pics of your "super-duper car"? And just out of curiousity, how old are you? You sound like you have an overly-active imagination. But hey, keyboard racers always win, don't they?
Old 02-21-2006, 05:40 PM
Banned
SL Member

if someone can explain to me how to post pics i would gladly be willing too show u pics.. I apologize for the attitude...
Old 02-21-2006, 07:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just wasted the first part of my day reading this thread

...all i can say is...you have a very active imagination. I think this is the part where you go outside and sit in a carboard box that has GTI written on the side with a cheap permanent marker. Then you turn on your imaginary engine and give it a little gas to hear that sick woosh sound of a big turbo... made by your BIG babling mouth. And after your super strong engine made out of thin air is all nice and warmed up, you can pick up your box and race it around your home so that all can see that... you do in fact have a couple of screws loose on your car

...we love our scions...you love yours...so go sit in it...your box i mean
Old 02-21-2006, 07:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Spottedbrown
I think this is the part where you go outside and sit in a carboard box that has GTI written on the side with a cheap permanent marker.
Old 02-21-2006, 07:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

i like the look of the xB . i dislike the mkV. and if you think your chipped mkV is fast you're an idiot. just cause someone drives a slower car doesn't mean that they know nothing better.

you are an immature idiot.

i love german cars , always have , always will. but yer lil gti aint that great. at least nowhere near how great you seem to think it is.

want a REAL german engineered car? try a BMW .
Old 02-21-2006, 08:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok posting one last time cause this is getting rediculous. Yeah the gti is pretty nice stock and its pretty nice with mods. But for the love of god one you paid more money for it two insurance is way higher then a tc 3 you need premium. Not arguing that the tc is a better car just saying there are pluses to both. Now for the last part that has to do with your dream of running 300 hp and tq and beating wrxs say it with me ITS FRONT WHEEL DRIVE. Yeah from a roll youll do ok and maybe even beat sti. But please have no illusion about running agaisnt any all wheel drive in a drag race or a track, wrx and sti will out handle and outperform you front wheel drive sports coupes are for kids and people looking to a cheap alternatvie to a real sports car which is suprise suprise either rear wheel drive or all wheel drive. Want a test?1 try to lunch next to an sti or wrx see what happens. 2 turn your wheels all the way to the right or left and press gas even lightly hmmmm staying in one spot for about 10 seconds and no thats not a good thing.

Gti nice car, yeah it can be made faster with cheap mods, better then the tc in interior and power, however more expensive and tons more money on parts to replace if broken and some reliability issues. Plus please stop have these illusions about beating every other car on the street gti is far from an end all sports car. Does it even have lsd?
Old 02-21-2006, 08:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nope, the GTI or GLI for that matter does not come with a LSD from the factory.

And you are right about AWD. My wifes 4Motion Passat wagon corners just about as good as my lowered and tuned GLI and hers is stock. Not sure about launching though since the V6 in that car is kinda wanting. But in the corners it's firmly planted.

That's part of the reason I'm saving up a bunch of cash to put a Haladex AWD system in the GLI. Where I plan to take it power and handling wise the AWD will become a necessity.

Sure, I could just get a car with AWD from the factory but, where's the fun and uniqueness in that?
Old 02-21-2006, 09:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

i never knew they sold aftermarket awd conversion setups

oh and tcdepo why'd you waste money on the regular gti? i'd have waited for the r36 or whatever they're going to call the new one. couldnt be much more than your top of the line 2.0 gti.
Old 02-21-2006, 09:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by hotbox05
i never knew they sold aftermarket awd conversion setups
They don't so to speak. You can get a Jetta in Germany with a 4Motion setup so it's a matter of sourcing the parts from there and modifying the North American car to accept it. Besides tranny swap and adding a rear diff the gas tank will have to be replaced with a fuel cell and the spare tire well may have to be cut out and a flat floor welded in it's place. The cars ECU will also have to be replaced and modified.

It's not cheap and is in fact a custom job.
Old 02-21-2006, 09:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

hmm. sounds pretty cool but not exactly worth it.
Old 02-21-2006, 09:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hmm. sounds pretty cool but not exactly worth it.
Cool, maybe. An improvement, most certainly.

Worth it? To me yeah, I really do like my GLI and it will be more stable on the track with the Haladex setup. I could go out and buy a AWD car like a Evo or a WRX or even a .:R. But, those cars just don't do it for me like my GLI does.

Heh, imagine if I did something like that to a tC. Would have made for a unique car.
Old 02-22-2006, 01:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Typhoon
Gti nice car, better then the tc in interior
I agree with everything you said except that.
Old 02-22-2006, 01:58 AM
Banned
SL Member

1. i dont car about track time or lauches.. i rather have a car thats faster on mid/top end speeds its more fun..wow sti/wrx lauch faster o wow but on a roll/highway a modded gti will rape it..botton line for a daily driven car gti is better off havin...who cares about 1/4 i guarntee u i could go faster in a mile than wrx/sti smoothly and comfortable....i hit 155mph at 5,500rpm could have kept goin...smoothly with full control of the car

2. I pay only $8 more a year in insurance with my gti then the tc

3. Yes requires Premium Gas cause of the turbo....But i gett Really Really Good MPG over 32mpg sometimes...

4. The gti is not an over priced car its a fair price with all the things it comes standard and drives really well and is fun to drive...hey i got mine for $20,400 pk 0 6spd,plaid seats..DSG tranny is really fun to drive its got Paddles Shifts on the steering wheel just like the Ferrari's
Old 02-22-2006, 02:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you are an immature idiot.
click/laugh.
Old 02-22-2006, 02:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TcDepo
i dont car about track time or lauches.. i rather have a car thats faster on mid/top end speeds its more fun..wow sti/wrx lauch faster o wow but on a roll/highway a modded gti will rape it..botton line for a daily driven car gti is better off havin...who cares about 1/4 i guarntee u i could go faster in a mile than wrx/sti smoothly and comfortable....i hit 155mph at 5,500rpm could have kept goin...smoothly with full control of the car
you are going to die.
Old 02-22-2006, 03:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
StyleWagons
SL Member
Scion Evolution

We would all miss him terribly.
Old 02-22-2006, 03:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

shizer.
Old 02-22-2006, 05:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by moriarty
Originally Posted by TcDepo
i dont car about track time or lauches.. i rather have a car thats faster on mid/top end speeds its more fun..wow sti/wrx lauch faster o wow but on a roll/highway a modded gti will rape it..botton line for a daily driven car gti is better off havin...who cares about 1/4 i guarntee u i could go faster in a mile than wrx/sti smoothly and comfortable....i hit 155mph at 5,500rpm could have kept goin...smoothly with full control of the car
you are going to die.
Yeah, I second that.

I suppose there's no point in saying a modded STi will still rape you. Because lord knows people don't mod those up to 400+hp. Then again, I guess I can pretty much dismiss this thread since you're going to kill yourself soon. Just FYI, there's no such thing as "full control of the car" at 150+mph. Especially not with FWD. Control is an illusion at that point, you turn your wheel more than like 5 degrees and you pretty much guarentee losing it.
Old 02-22-2006, 02:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default GTI

These three words should be enough to scare you away:

ASSEMBLED IN MEXICO

Old 02-22-2006, 03:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: GTI