Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

Trading in my Tc for the neW GTI<--sick car

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 06:54 PM
Banned
SL Member

once again i will repeat myself the car is cheap very low class and rides very poorly..its a neon its just plain low class simply its cheap inside out and always gives problems 02 sensors go bad all the time...
Old 02-23-2006, 07:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Society
SL Member

For the ONE person you claim. I can give you dozens that say its a fine car.

Low class is a matter of opinion. Since we are throwing opinions around. In my opinion an SRT-4 next to the GTI in a comparison.
The neon looks better.

In a performance comparison:
The neon out performs.

So if low class means out performs and looks better I agree 100%

I personally never drove a GTI so I won't comment on comparing ride quality.

But You are throwing the neon crap again. They won't produce any more neons but they are going to keep the srt-4. The srt-4 is a totally different car.

And you want a GOLF for cryin out loud.

Don't talk to me about class.
Old 02-23-2006, 07:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TcDepo
once again i will repeat myself the car is cheap very low class and rides very poorly..its a neon its just plain low class simply its cheap inside out and always gives problems 02 sensors go bad all the time...
so, I'm guessing that you aren't sure what a 1.8T GTI runs in the 1/4 stock?
Old 02-23-2006, 08:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

id rather get the new gti over a dodge sr-t...
dont care if the sr-t is even cheaper
social suicide if i bought one
Old 02-23-2006, 08:36 PM
Banned
SL Member

1.8t r the old mk IV motors the mk V has 2.0t..my cuz has a 03 20th anversity gti 1.8t and he has a APR stage 3 plus turbokit on....he destroys sti's and evos and m3's on the highway....HE EVEN KEEPS UP WITH CORVETTES ZO6'S so dont tell me the old 1.8t motors are slow cause those little motors are sickly tunable..his car is such a sleeper

He'S actally selling it cause he is gettin a brand new M3 wants a high end car..
heres a link to his car..... http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2363659
Old 02-23-2006, 09:51 PM
Banned
SL Member

some pics of my gti

FSi 2.0t Motor

MUCH MORE TO COME...
Old 02-23-2006, 10:01 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by TimmyT
Seriously this car is not hot if you are performance orientated. If VWs your thing and you want a semi sporty car at an affordible price then I would see the appeal.

But there are plenty of faster cars in the same price range. With the same kind of standard features/options you can get.

Depo is just bent on the VW I guess. Cause the Cobalt SS supercharged, Saturn Ion redline, and SRT-4 all out perform and cost about the same.

VW doesn't have a good rep in the reliablility department. But still he knocks the other car manufacturers for being crap.

That is why I can not take this man seriously.

i object that..that is completly nonsense if u chip($500) a gti it is way faster then all the cars above...i'll say this once again 1.8T WAS THE MOST TUNABLE ENGINE EVER..
THIS 2.0T FSI WILL BE BETTER THEN THE 1.8t WITH TUNING!!!YOU GUYS DONT SEEM TO UNDERSTAND THAT...
they are thick headed!!!!
Old 02-23-2006, 10:05 PM
Banned
SL Member

vw/audi spent a lot of money in makin there new mk v very reliable... they have the highest paid best engineers in the world now who designed the new mk v design..so reliability is def goin up without any question...
yep.....and the don;t fall apart like some cars...
Old 02-23-2006, 10:13 PM
Banned
SL Member

[what r u talkin about they dont fall apart my dads old toyota camary fell apart with less then 100k whats ur point..your just a hater..german engineerin will always b more and far advanced than japaneese who makes the fastest car in the world that cost $1,000,000 Bugatti..yes VOLKSWAGEN...Whos Owns Lamborghini...YESS VW...who owns Porcshe..yes VW...And whos owns Bentley...uh huh VW.... so dont tell me they are crap cause they can own toyota anyday..so shut ur mouth cause u dont know $hit...Vw is the best selling car Internatinionally so dont even speak
Old 02-23-2006, 10:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, the 1.8/2.0Ts are far from being the most tunable engines ever. That would be like a LS1, SBC, 2JZ-GTE, RB26 etc. Even a 4G63 or SR20 is a far more tunable engine.

ALL turbo engines get good gains from mods, not just your VW. I gain 60whp with an exhaust and chip. And you're absolutely retarded saying a EJ20/EJ25 is unreliable modded to that level. The 2.0l WRX engine comes with 300hp STOCK in Japan in their STi. The US WRX engine is dead reliable at up to 350 horsepower with good tuning. US WRX STI's are also stone reliable up to about 450. The Evolution IX is underrated from the factory and comes with around 310-320hp stock, and is tunable to 500+ with no more enginework than cams. Please don't on knock other car's reliability when your car is known for having problems.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:31 PM
Banned
SL Member

SubaruWRX/STI/Tree Huggers car have very weak trannys and ur sayin they are reliable and the interior is just cheap and uncomforable for $35,000 i rather get a G35 or the new r32 that will have 300hp N/a motor with leather interior and Awd and smoother ride and better feel and quality...your talkin about cars that have ____ty quality inertior and rides like $hit feels like your kidneys are gonna explode when u get out of the car..with all the money u spend in it u can buy yourself a HIGHER END CAR THATS QUALITY like an M3 or S4 you should always think big..

if u think girls are gonna be attracted to a hooked up evo or sti with cheap @ss quality inertior then u dont know...M3/s4 is the way to go...i'm not gonna have my car for more than 5 years(60k).. cause i'm gettin the new M3
Old 02-23-2006, 10:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Dude you sold your tC...

you baught yourself a new Golf GTI...

What tha F*~k are u still doing on t his forum created for Scions and scion enthusists...? do u have something to prove?

Screw your new GTI... you may be faster in a straight away... but ill smoke your ___ on a "closed" mountain race track anyday of the week!

have fun with your GTI... your no Scion Family of mine if you think u can just sell your scion and go buy a GTI and think your all of a suddenly better then us...

i think most of us can agree with what i said, except maybe the smoke you up a mountain but then again... all my mods are suspension and i've worked a lot on the tC suspension for mountain course driving.. heh
Old 02-23-2006, 11:18 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by Avrick2001
Dude you sold your tC...

you baught yourself a new Golf GTI...

What tha F*~k are u still doing on t his forum created for Scions and scion enthusists...? do u have something to prove?

Screw your new GTI... you may be faster in a straight away... but ill smoke your butt on a "closed" mountain race track anyday of the week!

have fun with your GTI... your no Scion Family of mine if you think u can just sell your scion and go buy a GTI and think your all of a suddenly better then us...

i think most of us can agree with what i said, except maybe the smoke you up a mountain but then again... all my mods are suspension and i've worked a lot on the tC suspension for mountain course driving.. heh

Ok let me jsut use my dads Audi RS4 for that one and see who wins on mountain course drivin...my gti will have better suspension/coilovers soon anyways but w/e makes u feel good aboout ur car
Old 02-23-2006, 11:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default wow..

I think TcDepo works for one of those PR firms, sitting on forums all day long hyping up one product/defaming another product. Except for the whole grammatically challenged/***** complex thing, which makes me assume he is just some kid with nothing better to do
Old 02-23-2006, 11:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

haha sure ill just use mmmmyyyyyyyy dads porche GT2...
Old 02-24-2006, 12:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

SubaruWRX/STI/Tree Huggers car have very weak trannys and ur sayin they are reliable and the interior is just cheap and uncomforable for $35,000 i rather get a G35 or the new r32 that will have 300hp N/a motor with leather interior and Awd and smoother ride and better feel and quality
The normal 02-05 WRX has a somewhat weak transmission. It's fine under load, it just can't take being launched on constantly. There are idiots out there that feel the need to do 5K rpm clutch dumps or misshift on them and break them. And you don't need to clutch dump a WRX to haul ___, so no big deal. They fixed the problem with new synchros in 06. The STI transmission is beefy as hell, I've never heard of anyone breaking it, clutch dumps or not. It's a true rally-spec transmission.

Again, it's obvious you've never been in an STI, as the interior is actually quite good.
Old 02-24-2006, 12:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

my daddys car will beat your daddys car
Old 02-24-2006, 02:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
StyleWagons
SL Member
Scion Evolution

You never did actually tell us exactly how old you are. And for getting chicks, you could roll up in a McLaren and you would still be a tool. You should be sure to print this thread and save it so when you're older you can look back and see what most of us see now.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

SubaruWRX/STI/Tree Huggers car have very weak trannys and ur sayin they are reliable and the interior is just cheap and uncomforable for $35,000 i rather get a G35 or the new r32 that will have 300hp N/a motor with leather interior and Awd and smoother ride and better feel and quality...your talkin about cars that have ____ty quality inertior and rides like $hit feels like your kidneys are gonna explode when u get out of the car..with all the money u spend in it u can buy yourself a HIGHER END CAR THATS QUALITY like an M3 or S4 you should always think big..

if u think girls are gonna be attracted to a hooked up evo or sti with cheap @ss quality inertior then u dont know...M3/s4 is the way to go...i'm not gonna have my car for more than 5 years(60k).. cause i'm gettin the new M3
hey go spend all your parents money on learning how to not be a dick. that or maybe go to school and become anything other than the idiot you currently are.

new r32? r32 is OLD like early ninety's old.

subaru's don't have crappy interiors. they just aren't plush and HEAVY like your mkV's.

have fun with the hideous up and coming m3. i'd take e36 or e46 over the up and coming one any day

ah yes and about getting girls. um i'm going to guess you just say you get girls. cause last I checked girls DON'T like immature ****** who spew false informations. and I KNOW they could give a rat's **** about german engineering this and german engineering that.

90% of girls want money not cars. so good luck getting that 10% who care about cars. oh and the mkV is NOT a very good looking car. I like it yes. but it just flat out isn't that good looking.

and it FLAT OUT isn't that fast.

please just leave scionlife and go to mkV.com or wherever the frick crackheads like you go to online.

speaking of online don't let yer car payments and insurance payments hinder yer "daddy's" abilities to pay yer internet. it'd be a shame. NOT.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

VW's may not be as bad as CR makes them out to be (CR makes them sound like they are the Black Death). But I also think a VW owner is much pickier than a Toyota owner.
Example: My father will brag about how he never had to take his Toyota Camry into the shop. This car had one of the doors fall off (a four door car became a three door), the sunroof died, it shook like a crazy person, rear wheel wells rusted really poorly, A/C stopped working, transmission didn't run smoothly from 1st to 2nd, and many other problems I can't think of. Fact is, this car NEEDED to go to the shop, but he never thought of it having any problems because he didn't care abotu them. People don't care about Toyotas (most people that is), but people do care about their VW's.

But even if they do improve reliability, CR is still going to hate VW. Seriously, I do not know how people feel about CR on this site, but I think they should change their names to "Anything Japanese." They LOVE Toyota, and if Toyota doesn't have a car in the segment, then they drool over Honda.

I was reading an issue of CR today that comapares the new Civic and Jetta head to head, and they just loved the Civic, and really didn't say anything positive about the Jetta. They said both had nice interior materials and layout. Are you kidding? VW interior materials are far superior to that of Honda! And the Jetta layout is much nicer than that weird cheap looking Civic interior.

Well, everybody acts like the issues that they have are big problems.
The fact of the matter is that the issues that they have are very minor.
A coilpack, a MAF, an oxygen sensor. All things that are minor.
People tend to forget that when these magazines do realibilty rating's, they are rated upon how many car's came in for service, and not what the service was for. It could have been a freaking light bulb out, and obviously the vast majority of issues are not really "problems".

Saying the 1.8t motor is unrealiable is seriously funny. The 1.8t motor is rock solid, and you have to be a complete moron to mess up that motor.
you are an Idiot and a LIAR

vw electronics are black death. their cars are not but their electrical systems sure as hell are. You will learn this soon.

Quick Reply: Trading in my Tc for the neW GTI<--sick car