Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

On two wheels today!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 03:40 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default On two wheels today!!!

Took my bike to work today, its way too nice to be in a cage for my commute!!
Im a little obsessed with high performance toys.... here are just a few for S&G's

and the one im riding today!!
Old 05-25-2006, 10:44 PM
Banned
SL Member

i want a bike so bad..which bike would u reccomend for a beginner??
Old 05-25-2006, 10:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Bikes are pretty BA. Unfortunately, my parents won't allow me to purchase one til I graduate and they are no longer really responsible for me. At that point, I'll probably get a Ninja or an R6 til I can handle a GSX
Old 05-25-2006, 10:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

i started on a honda shadow 750, nice cruiser, but if your a beginner, you might want to try www.huffybikes.com then move up to something with a motor......... (sorry bro, couldnt resist, im in that kinda mood)
Old 05-26-2006, 02:20 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by reckless
Bikes are pretty BA. Unfortunately, my parents won't allow me to purchase one til I graduate and they are no longer really responsible for me. At that point, I'll probably get a Ninja or an R6 til I can handle a GSX
Your statement here is funny to me.... i have been riding for 17 years!! Do you really think you can "handle" a Ninja 600 or R6?? Those bikes go 0-60 in under 2 seconds, will stand on one wheel in 3 gears without the clutch, and top out around 175mph. If you dont believe me when i tell you, note that the blue bike up there is a Ninja 636 and the Yellow one is a Honda Superhawk 1000 that is completely modified (161 hp at the rear wheel). Starting on a 600 can be suicidal!! I highly recommend starting on a 500 or smaller. It may be boring after the 3rd year or so (and if it is you just arent riding it to its full potential), but it will make you a better rider in the long run.
Old 05-26-2006, 02:25 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by VDUBER-XB
i want a bike so bad..which bike would u reccomend for a beginner??
Alot of people will tell you to start with a bigger bike and grow into it. Maybe if you go back 10-15 years this would be ok. But todays bikes are overly powerful. the 600's today, like the blue one above, are faster than the full on race bikes of only a few years ago. The best thing you can do is determine what you need. Are you going to be only on the highway, back roads, city? How much is gas near you? Do you want a sport bike, cruiser, dual sport? if you answer alot of that I should be able to tell you what would be a good option. Now you dont have to listen to me, but i do have 17 years of riding experience and counting and i did race semi-pro for 11 years.
Old 05-26-2006, 02:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
StyleWagons
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I have been riding for 36 years and I now ride a ZX6. I can assure you an R6 is no beginners bike. Anyone who actually knows how to ride can do anything on the street that possibly could (maybe not SHOULD!) be done on a 600. They will cruise at double the speed limit with ease. If you are a beginner I would strongly suggest you start with a MSF course and learn what's up. As for bikes, I would suggest a Ninja 250 or something like a DRZ400SM. These will do all you need to do and are plenty fun. If you ride them a bit and get bored- you plainly don't know how to ride yet! If you MASTER one of these, you will know how to ride much better than starting on a bike you will never get up to speed on. You really need to look deep down inside and decide if you are more enthused with the image of riding or do you actually want to RIDE. With any variety of 600 being under 450 lbs. and having 100 HP on tap, as a beginner you are very likely to get pistol-whipped! Use some good sense and you can enjoy riding for many years to come. Remember the MSF course is where you should start and with the knowlege you gain there your choice of bikes will be much simpler.
Old 05-26-2006, 03:32 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nicely putt Scott............ after my 1 years of two wheels, 11 years on a race track racing sponsored GP bikes, etc....... My favorite bike I own is that black one above. Its a 2005 ninja 250 that I cut apart, sold all the parts and paid off, then spent about 600 on lights, gauges, decals, and better tires. All i can say is Deals Gap here i come!
Old 05-26-2006, 04:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Hmm, where in Boston do you live DP? I wouldn't mind checking out your bikes. What would you recommend for a 500? the Ninja 500R? I'm guessing that's the model they have for a 500.
Old 05-26-2006, 05:51 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by reckless
Hmm, where in Boston do you live DP? I wouldn't mind checking out your bikes. What would you recommend for a 500? the Ninja 500R? I'm guessing that's the model they have for a 500.
I live in Dorchester now, in the process of moving from Ashmont to Columbia Road though. My list of bikes I have owned is soaring somewhere above a dozen, but i just recently sold all but my littlest one to buy my tC. As far as 500's, the Ninja 500 is an amazing all around bike. If you doubt its true potential, just ask the guys a Penguin Racing School at NHIS. They were using fleets of those bikes for their racing schools and some of the instructors ride them as their only bikes.
The Ninja 250 is a great bike around Boston, and I welcome you checking out my custom street-fighter you see above any time. But here is a link to a guy who races this bike VERY competetively. http://www.rcramer.com/racing/bikes/ex250/index.shtml
Old 05-26-2006, 09:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

You should roll by the dealership with one of them where I work. I'm at Clair Scion in West Roxbury, near dedham mall.

I've always wanted one, so I think I am going to save up for one, but I'll have to wait til I graduate before I'll be able to get one. In the meantime, I should probably learn how to ride one, lol.