Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

Versa..... Nissan's Scion Fighter

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 04:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Made in Mexico. Right there I cross this off my list.

My first car was a 1991 Nissan Stanza 5 speed. It wasn't fast, it wasn't pretty, but it was fairly fun to drive. I got it with 150,000 miles on it and when I sold it to my neighbor for 100$ it had 330,000 miles on it. Ever since Nissan near went bankrupt they have never been the same. Ghoshn has turned them in to a Japanese GM, sharing the same platform and engine among evey car they make and cutting costs to the extreme. I LOVE Nissan, but they just do not make cars like the use to. Look at Consumer Reports reliability ratings of the Titan/Armada/Quest made in Mississippi and the Maxima/Altima made in Tennesse. They are below GM/Ford in quality.

I will always be a Nissan loyalist, but most of what they make now is, quite simply, crap. It pains me to say this.
Old 09-30-2005, 05:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

That is a Tiida rebadged!!
Old 09-30-2005, 06:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

versa is ugly.
Old 09-30-2005, 07:34 AM
5 Year Member

how about these
Honda Jazz?

Nissan Cube?

Mitsubishi Colt?

these are pretty cool cars... not performance wise... but by their look~ too bad that we can't find them in america...
Old 09-30-2005, 10:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by KevinxB
I don't consider myself an urban racer at all. But I am into cars, and I know there are many people that are into cars that can also produce a clear piece of writing. I guess Urban Racer should look for one. I nominate myself.
And that's exactly why you aren't an "urban racer." Because you have a brain, you know how to type in English. Like I said, it's a personality type. . . like those who buy Camaros/Mustangs/Corvettes are likely to crash (not because of inherent design flaw), but those who buy Miatas are likely to live (not because it is a better car). It's the type of person who buys the respective vehicle, and how they are likely to drive it. Similarly, someone who calls themself an "urban racer," isn't going to have the most extensive skills in writing. . . to say the least.
Old 09-30-2005, 12:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nah, the Renault is a nice car, the Cersa resembles a Ford Focus 4dr hatch (or the 2-dr hatch with 2 extra doors).

The Cubes are okay, but a little too rounded IMHO, the front end is ugly. But the rear bumper mounted taillights are kinda cool; and the rear door opening to the right can be inconvenient sometimes (plus it can't double as a cheap umbrella when the car show/camping trip gets rained out.

Honestly I wish they'd bring other fun-to-drive cars over here, like the Vitz and the Cappuccino.
Old 09-30-2005, 01:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default I dunno'''

Nissan is gonna wish they brought the Cube over. I mean the Versa is not bad, it really is not. It adds to the quirkiness -amount of cars our there. But compared to the new Yaris (Echo replacement this year) and our current Scions, it is just not the same 'cool spunk' factor as the Cube would be. They really need to bring the Cube as well.

The fact that Nissan and Honda (and keep an eye out for Mazdas' MX-sport hatch) are bringing over a smaller car, makes our Scions more in the accepted mainstream as well. I am glad there are more unique small cars coming to the U.S. There are too many 'same-look' cars on U.S. roads and these newbies will break that up some. Although I still say our Scions (XB, XA, TC) still look great compared to these soon-to-be new arrivals.
Old 09-30-2005, 02:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Colt, Jazz/Fit, Vitz/Yaris/Echo HB are all comming.

The question I have is why the hell did Nissan scratch off the Nissan cube and these

of their list of cars to bring here??? They are way better looking then the tiida.

I have a feeling there will be more Aveos on the road then the tiida.
Old 09-30-2005, 03:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I wish Peugeout was over here! I really like the 206 RC they have. It's an awesome tuner car, too.
Old 09-30-2005, 07:11 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Placebo
^^ that will be cool~ but ppl may not going to buy them because of their low Hp....
Old 09-30-2005, 07:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by yunkikan
^^ that will be cool~ but ppl may not going to buy them because of their low Hp....
I'm sure ppl will buy them because of gas prices.
Old 09-30-2005, 09:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by yunkikan
The Vitz/Yaris/Echo HB uses the same 1NZ-FE motor that we have in the xA and xB. They seem to sell PLENTY fine. . . so well, that other automakers are bringing in their small cars to steal away some of Toyota's profits.

The Jazz has two available motors, and I don't know which ones they are going to offer in the US. They have a 1.3L i-DSI motor, that puts out about 70-80hp, and a 1.5L i-VTEC motor that puts out 110hp. . . and that's on par with the 1NZ-FE motor. Honda also offers a CVT as well as a manual transmission. CVT's offer performance on par with manual transmissions, without having to shift (EVER), as the gear ratios are constantly changing; in other words gears don't really shift at all. And there is a simulated 7-speed mode on the CVT.

I have no idea what the Colt is going to offer, but if should be competitive.
Old 10-01-2005, 08:29 AM
5 Year Member

Then I guess this would be the tC fighter?

Old 10-01-2005, 11:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

I would think so.
Old 10-03-2005, 09:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, what happened to the Cube in 2006/7? I like the rear styling but that grill work is fugly. I guess they didn't want to retool for left hand drive. That rear swing door on the JDM model would open to the curb side. I guess if they actually changed it to be comfortable to use here (unlike my sucking L/R Discovery ), they would have to reverse the whole rear window scheme. The ones I saw on Okinawa struck me as having a rediculously big blind spot with that wrap around window thing. My point is these make the Scions look even better in their styling!
Old 12-07-2005, 04:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i had to bring this topic back also. this is what i was talkin about in my last reply on here in september. versa concept. be afraid be very afraid.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...eId=100557264#
Old 12-07-2005, 04:34 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

The Mitsubishi Colt on the previous page has been around forever! I had an old 89 Colt, and it looks just like one of the old civic hatchbacks. The engine was so tiny, probably could have fit two more of those tiny engines. I loved that car, it was fast for such an old piece of junk that it was, the back end was way to light though, it slid a lot when I took turns to fast.
Old 12-08-2005, 03:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

ugly as al get out.