Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

Wearing protective gear while riding

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 04:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

oh wait i just made an EPIC FAIL! since i just thought for myself. DAMNIT!!!! why do i keep thinking for myself. I will be sure to let scionlife make all my decisions in life fro me form now on!
Old 07-21-2008, 04:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Gothbox
the only suit I will wear is a rain suit,
b/c I don't care what anyone says,
I will never wear full leathers when I get my bike. I will wear pants(no shorts, don't own any) and a T-shirt. maybe a leather vest, and some boots. When it gets cold, I will put on my leather jacket and some gloves.
and I will prob be wearing a non DOT approved helmet. IF I have a helmet on at all(only when law says I have to) .

call me dumb, stupid, asking for a death wish(maybe I am) but its just not going to happen. If I die in a crash so be it. It was meant to be.

puts on flame suit.

man there you go thinking for yourself and stating what you and you only would do. How dare you not tell me what i can or can not wear to ride my bike. How dare you state your opinion!
how dare you think for yourself and say this is what "I" would do and not say this is what everyone should do!

This is an EPIC FAIL!

OR NOT !
Old 07-21-2008, 04:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

Cops don't wear gear as they have other dangers to worry about. I belong to a MC forum and we talk about it all the time with our cop members.

They would like to wear gear, but it would interfere with their ability to issue verbal commands (through a full face) and their ability to operate a firearm, not to mention full gear would restrict movement and prevent access to their belt/gun/cuffs/spray.

Again, you are using situational arguments trying to disprove a well proved statistic.

Just say you don't like to wear gear. That's a fine and acceptable argument.... And it would qualify as an opinion.
Old 07-21-2008, 04:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey, believe it or not, there are other people on this forum. And guess what? They might not agree with what you say! And what's even worse, they could express their views about your opinion just the same way you express your views about a topic!

Big_hungry, I think you need to chill out. Gothbox expressed his opinion on wearing protective motorcycle clothing, so we all expressed our opinion that he's a reckless moron for his views. The end. If it really bothers you that people express opinions that you don't agree with to the point that you non-sensically rant and double post about it, maybe you need to move to a more... static internet environment.
Old 07-21-2008, 04:35 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by dannygenio
ah....... why did you even start this thread from the first place? You want attention? I don't care if you die or not but starting this thread to fight against other? that;s LAME. I see you are 26, but it's cool some people start late puberty.
I did not start this thread, the all mighty Thomas made it a thread.
I made it a thread because your screed about how YOU prefer to ride and nothing more than that:

the only suit I will wear is a rain suit,
b/c I don't care what anyone says,
I will never wear full leathers when I get my bike. I will wear pants(no shorts, don't own any) and a T-shirt. maybe a leather vest, and some boots. When it gets cold, I will put on my leather jacket and some gloves.
and I will prob be wearing a non DOT approved helmet. IF I have a helmet on at all(only when law says I have to) .

call me dumb, stupid, asking for a death wish(maybe I am) but its just not going to happen. If I die in a crash so be it. It was meant to be.

puts on flame suit.
...did not fit into a topic titled "bB2NER needs your prayers." started by an injured member's wife, as it was simply a selfish, me!me!me! post that was totally off-topic and hijacked the thread into a totally different direction than was intended.

A couple of different folks tried to direct the thread back to it's intended purpose, but no, the damage was done and your selfish, self-focused post got enough people focused on YOU, Gothbox, that it broke the thread.

At that point it was either delete and warn or let everyone battle it out here in their own thread - I made the choice to let the discussion continue on it's own.

Now it is primarily a duo complaining that instead of "delete and warn" about off topic posts and hijacking Joanie's thread, I was more relaxed and simply moved the discussion of Gothbox and his riding preferences out of the thread he hijacked and into his own thread just about him.

I'll give you folks one more shot at reining in the gripes about what I did or how I did it. If you can't act like rational adults and quit griping about moderation I'll lock and warn. Read the rules, folks. Moving this out of someone else's thread where it did not fit is a done deal, moderation complete. BUT, if you want to continue complaining about the moderation, I'll be happy to oblige you folks and take further action

Is that understood?

Old 07-21-2008, 04:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 07-21-2008, 04:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

um, calm down Thomas, I was not the one complaining about it.
I was telling the other guy that "I" did not start the topic that he needs to chill, and that also why I tried to get the topic back on topic and told everyone to PM me their prob and in turn they did not, notice after I made that post I did not respond back to anything until it was moved.

and there IS talk in Jeff's thread about how he should have been wearing stuff, etc. so it was not COMPLETELY off topic.

lock this thread, give me a "warning" or what ever I know the rules, etc, etc... it comes back down to I don't care.

you are making this worse then it is.

is THAT understood?
Old 07-21-2008, 05:10 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Now that you have had your say in response, "the all mighty Thomas" will lock the thread as you just requested.

I'm easy to get along with, just don't push.