Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

What should I get next.

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 03:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

i vote 2
Old 04-06-2009, 05:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

No 08-09 wrx option?
Old 04-06-2009, 05:25 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I say Si! People only hate on the Si cause they know it's faster than our cars! I just switched to an 06 coupe and I love it! Yeah it lacks torque and such but what do you expect from a 2.O MOTOR that's faster than a 2.4? My civic gets better gas than my tC lol. Plus the motor is a lot stronger for more abuse, you just have to love how it sounds like a knock off F1 car, love the 8k revs!

BUT IF YOU are looking for an 09, just wait, the next gen civic is 2010 or 2011 I think.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the si isnt much faster then the tc.... the si is mostly fore performance the tc is for prefroamce and looks and can do much more.....your going to bring the si to 8k everyday thats how you get bad gas milage....sports cars are not meant to get good gas milage i think the tc gets better depends on how you drive...when they redesign the interoir of the civic then maybe i would get one but i wouldnt own one so what if its faster not always good..i would rather be slow so this way if i won i can say you must be slowest
Old 04-06-2009, 09:15 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Lol tc for performance... only way it can be made for performance if you slap a turbo on it. Even a tC with i/h/e can't beat a stock si. Some people want performance, some people want looks. You get it all with the Si. With the tC you get looks and that's pretty much it.

If you drive the Si like a normal car, it still gets better gas mileage compared to the tC. Keep in mind the si is ONLY a 2.0
Old 04-06-2009, 09:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Seven City Scions
SL Member

GTI. They are really nice. My parents almost got me one but my dad is a toyota person sooooooo.....yeah. That or the Genesis
Old 04-06-2009, 10:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if you want performace get a evo or WRX or something else...civics are just like tc's but with more power..

its not what setup you have its the driver and there skills..you never know a tc with only Intake and exhasut can beat a civic si stock if the driver doesnt know how to drive..
Old 04-07-2009, 12:42 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ very true... I just love the overall feel of the Si (except the TQ). Vtec is awesome, and so is NA, you have more options to get power out of the Si NA because of vtec. Just my personal opinion.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What specifically are you looking for in a car?

More concerned about performance? Exterior looks? Interior comfort? Aftermarket support? Reliability? Gas mileage?

Pick your number 1 and number 2 criteria and it will really help narrow it down. Obviously suggesting a Si when you're looking mainly for performance isn't a good suggestion, you'd be happier with the Genesis. But if you are looking for reliability, the Si would trump the Genesis due to it being a new car platform.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:06 PM
SL Member

Im not 100% sure what I want. I need a reliable car and dont like the transmission or stereo in my Tc and want a little more power. I make a little more $ now that I did when I got the Tc in late 2006. I almost got the Si when I got my Tc but distrusted the new model and didnt like the digital gages, although they have grown on me.

My dream car is a G37, but its just not in the cards right now.

I spend about 1.5 hours in the car everyday and want a nice ride. I want a car that looks good and is not slow as dirt. I want a car that rides well and shifts well and can be tolerated in traffic.

If I go w/ the Genesis Coupe Track 3.8, thats pretty close to the dream car, but basically out of my budget, although it very well may be worth it. If I go with the Si, Im basically making a step sideways, albeit a little more power, ect. From my experience the stock Si is a better car, especially with regard to my main problem with the Tc, the stereo and transmission.

Thoughts.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

In that case, get the VW new. So if there are any problems with it you got the warranty. VWs have a nice interior and such I think you will like it.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I wouldn't base your decision much off the stereo as it's easily improved. New headunit, some components, an amp and sub can be bought fairly cheap and easily installed.

I would go with the Genesis. From the sound of your post, you will be settling with anything else. Maybe delay getting a new car for a few months and save up a larger downpayment to offset some of the payment.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thats what kept me from getting the si was the digtial guages i just wasnt feeling them...even though the si has more hp then the tc but lacks in torque you need torque to go not HP..
the si is a nice car but you have to drive it hard if you want the performace its was made for...

The tc isnt that bad but there better out there..you dont want a sports car

get a hybrid 45 miles to the glallon
Old 04-08-2009, 01:20 AM
SL Member

Yeah. I after final exams and the bar exam Im going to be doing the test drive thing. I would like to set them all for one day and see what I think.

I think I will also test drive the subaru WRX. The wife has a late model impreza sedan and its a hell-of-a car, just needs a little more oompf.

Im saving cash right now. It would be great if I could get 12k for the Tc. Its in great condition, w/ 25k miles. I owe another 4k. If I can end up with about 12-15k down that will put all of those cars in the budget. Is the stereo good in the genesis coupe? How about the civic si coupe? I like the stock look with good sound. I read somewhere that the Si coupe's stereo is damn good.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

3.8 Track comes with - Infinity Premium AM/FM/XM/CD Player

Si comes with The 350-watt premium audio system now features a USB Audio Interface,* so you can plug in your MP3 player.

Doesn't say who makes the Si stereo, but Infinity is usually pretty decent for stock. Either way, an amp, some new component and a sub hooked up the stock unit will sound pretty nice and shouldn't break the bank.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have heard the Si upgraded stereo system is very good. It is even better if you consider it came from the factory like that.

Really in the tC for better sound all you need is a new HU and Decent/Good speakers. The tC HU isn't bad but you would be shocked how much $150 in an HU could improve your sound in the tC. Then add the speakers and it becomes very nice.

Just a warning, the WRX's boost is very addictive. I know from older models not the new ones. From what I have read the new WRXs are more usable daily because they changed the boost and it builds up more gradually over the RPM range.

The older models would build most of it at 3,000rpms, it was like hitting a huge wave of power and then in a blink of an eye you would need to shift. Power, blink and shift, Power, blink and shift and now you are doing 90mph when you wanted 55mph. It was pretty fun.
Old 04-09-2009, 07:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 09tC_CB7
I have heard the Si upgraded stereo system is very good. It is even better if you consider it came from the factory like that.

Really in the tC for better sound all you need is a new HU and Decent/Good speakers. The tC HU isn't bad but you would be shocked how much $150 in an HU could improve your sound in the tC. Then add the speakers and it becomes very nice.

Just a warning, the WRX's boost is very addictive. I know from older models not the new ones. From what I have read the new WRXs are more usable daily because they changed the boost and it builds up more gradually over the RPM range.

The older models would build most of it at 3,000rpms, it was like hitting a huge wave of power and then in a blink of an eye you would need to shift. Power, blink and shift, Power, blink and shift and now you are doing 90mph when you wanted 55mph. It was pretty fun.

that's what i'm hoping for for my next car. lol
Old 04-09-2009, 06:25 PM
SL Member

Any opinion on the 2009 Eclipse GT. I had a friend suggest that I give on a test drive. I dont know. It always seemed to me like a chick car, but, 265 Hp, 6 speed, factory dual exhaust, and you can get a 650 watt stereo???

Thoughts.
Old 04-09-2009, 07:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

VOLVO C30 it's amazing !!!
Old 04-11-2009, 06:01 PM
SL Member

get the civic si

Quick Reply: What should I get next.