Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

What Toyota Japan Designers told me in Elmhurst!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2004, 12:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i'd rock a porte.....
Old 11-03-2004, 12:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

The Porte looks Ok but needs a 4 door option. Hopefully something cool will come along in 07-08 'ause I'll be in the market to replace my xB by then.
Old 11-03-2004, 01:01 AM
Banned
SL Member

Well, the NSLV Concept has been on TOyota USA's website for about a year:
http://www.toyota.com/vehicles/future/nlsv.html

Looks rather similar to the Porte. I think that the Scion Porte version must have some decent factory bodykit installed before it is sold to us "youngin's." An optional DVD Nav w/MP3 system would be nice too. :D
Old 11-03-2004, 02:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That would be like sooooooo coool!!!!!!!
Old 11-03-2004, 03:04 AM
me

Default porte looks sweet

i like the porte, i think it looks different. and i think it would sort of embody the scion idea, in a way, like the xb does. its non conventional design would bea great addtion to the line up, i think and id look at one to buy, im sure it owuld be built well, and prolly have a fun to drive motor. and comon, cant knock minivan doors if they are the ONLY doors on the car, thats way cool, its like a car from the future or somthin, anyone feel what im sayin'? i mean it would be a trip to be cruizing around in somthin like that, the sliding doors, the funky style. yeah i can dig it, bring on the porte :D

Old 11-03-2004, 06:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The Porte also has a cool, modernistic interior too. Plus lots of space to stash stuff.

Personally, as much as I love my xB, the design is old-hat. I've seen it for almost 4 yrs. now and it's time to move on. In Japan, bB's aren't particularly radical anymore, which was the its main point when it came out, so I can't imagine it going on much longer here either.
Old 11-03-2004, 02:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hmm... that IS very Scion looking, especially with the center-mount gauges.
Old 11-03-2004, 02:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

OMG I found it!!!! The new xB-----NOT!!!!!!!!
Old 11-05-2004, 02:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

from what i understand... the xB is going to be done. there will only be 1 gen box. How can you enhance or create a better box? make it more boxy? its like trying to redesign the pt cruiser or the current beetle. its just not gonna evolve any more.

the next car to come out will also most likely not be a wagon or hatch of any type. why? cuz scion already has 1 lift back and 2 wagons. the most likely choices for scion would be either a truck(hopefully not. ew) or a sedan hopefully similar to the purple one posted in another thread.

its unlikely that the car will be anywhere over 225HP simply because its unlikely to build a car more powerful than that under $25,000. a roadster would be possible but entirely unlikely and a reincarnation of the Supra???? keep dreamin folks.

there is a chance the car could be over 225hp but thats if scion decides to do something similar to the eclipse concept with a regular gas motor up front and an electric motor in the back.

i hope nobody takes this the wrong way but when scion says its aim is toward the youth... i dont think they mean high school kids with minimum wage jobs. i think they mean college students/college grads which would put their demographic in the 19-25 range.

as for myself... im stuck having to wait for a new car anyways so this "dL" real or not, should be interesting to track as well as the 06 eclipse, 06 celica(if it's getting redesigned) and whatever honda decides to do to the civic. Hopefully Honda will join the trend and create something faster to keep up with the tC and the mazda 3.

just my $1.75
Old 11-05-2004, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by hotbox05
all i know is that that damned porte is hideous and they would sell very little of those in the us of a
A whole LOTof ppl I know were saying the exact same thing about the xA and xB back before the launch...

I 'd rock a Porte even if it looks like and xB with the corners softened. I don't know how I feel about the van doors though. I hope to god the interior comes in a darker color...

Old 11-05-2004, 11:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Default Re: xa or bust

Originally Posted by nairod
or maybe it will be a bit more scion ratical like this
change up the color and graphics and i would definately rock it
Old 11-10-2004, 06:42 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

Problem with the Porte is it would need some major tool changes. The xB kept as much of the japanese product as they could while changing what they had to to get it into the american market.

The Porte has 1 sliding door, and it's on the pass. side of the car. If they want to keep the same setup they would have to completly re-tool the car to get that door to the other side, or the driver-side is going to end up with a slider here (which wouldn't make much sense with the folding seat and stuff).

It's an interesting design, and I think it would be cool if both sides had the slider (no swinging doors mean no hitting them on other cars), but it wouldn't be as easy as it was with the xB.
Old 11-11-2004, 01:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

yeah i thought the porte had two sliding doors not just one!
it would seem lame with only one unless the made the driver side with a lambo door :D now that would be tight! raze one to the sky and slide one back!
peace tjd!
Old 11-11-2004, 02:55 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

gimme the porte or vitz any day...woot woot
Old 11-11-2004, 04:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'd totally rock the Vitz Hatch or the Porte. Both are nice cars, but I agree with one thing; the Porte should have 2 sliders.
Old 11-11-2004, 10:39 PM
5 Year Member

i dont like it at all and i wish they would keep the xb out and make a second gen. i think that theres lots of improvements they can make that would make the car alot better
Old 11-11-2004, 11:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Two thumbs up for the Porte,
Old 11-12-2004, 02:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The Porte looks like an xB that actually went through a wind tunnel.

Very nice if I say so myself. It's a shame they don't plan on making it a hybrid.
Old 11-12-2004, 02:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Put me on the list for a Porte/NLSV, too.
Old 11-12-2004, 02:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TheDanger
Also a 300 HP RWD in a Scion name would break everything Scion is about which is affordable cars.
Nah. Scion is about getting Gen Y's into Toyota in general. A 300 HP car would be excellent as a halo car and would counter the idea that Scion is Toyota's economy division, not youth division.

Quick Reply: What Toyota Japan Designers told me in Elmhurst!!