Autosports & Technique
General driving and racing...

beat rsx type-s with S/C?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 06:33 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default beat rsx type-s with S/C?

anybody out ther beat a rsx type-s with trd supercharger? If so, tell me your setup.
Old 06-28-2006, 07:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There's a thread on this already... Search for RSX.
Old 06-28-2006, 12:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Ha.. I've beat a Type-S with just a N/A setup.. you surely can do it with a s/c.
Old 06-28-2006, 02:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

^ Same, they are not that great of cars, especially in stock trim. With S/C I destroy them without even trying
Old 07-04-2006, 12:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

My friend did it with N/A setup. Took some effort but with the S/C it must be a piece of cake. At least from what I saw, and the RSX driver was actually very good.
Old 07-29-2006, 03:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My best friend has a rsx-type s.... he made a bed, that even with the blower i would not beat him...that my car was 2 heavy...that it only had 5 gears...that i did not have vtech...bla bla bla...lets just say that i had dinner and about 6 drinks and i did not pay a dime!
Old 07-29-2006, 05:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'd imagine that race went something like this:
-- -- -- --
________
BUY VAPORGENIE

Last edited by 06CStC; 02-28-2011 at 05:33 PM.
Old 07-31-2006, 06:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

In stock trim the tC comes no where near the Type-S. It's a mid 14 second car from the showroom floor. If any of you beat a Type-S it's only because they didnt know how to drive.
Old 08-03-2006, 07:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by 06SuperWhite_SoCal_tC
In stock trim the tC comes no where near the Type-S. It's a mid 14 second car from the showroom floor. If any of you beat a Type-S it's only because they didnt know how to drive.

Sorry bro, but your wrong....

RSX Type-S
Zero to 60 mph: 6.2 sec
Zero to 100 mph: 16.6 sec
Street start, 5-60 mph: 6.9 sec
Standing 1/4-mile: 14.9 sec @ 95 mph
Top speed (drag limited): 136 mph
Braking, 70-0 mph: 181 ft
Roadholding, 300-ft-dia skidpad: 0.86 g
EPA fuel economy, city driving: 23 mpg
C/D-observed fuel economy: 22 mpg

In my sig, that's not the BEST time the car ran with ONLY the ZPI S-pipe + ZPI exhaust. 15.1 was the constant times. Sorry, had to correct you on the mid 14 sec. 1/4 time for the RSX Type S. Mid 14's is what a good driver in a S/C tC will do. Which is at least a car length(probably more) difference against the RSX Type S in a 1/4 race.
Old 08-04-2006, 05:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That's the commonly listed time. The tC's commonly listed time is 15.7. Both numbers come from magazines.

If the tC can do better than 15.7 or 15.5 then certainly an RSX-S can do better than a 14.9. So yea, the RSX-S is pretty much a mid to upper mid 14 second car.
Old 08-04-2006, 05:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by kungpaosamuraiii
That's the commonly listed time. The tC's commonly listed time is 15.7. Both numbers come from magazines.

If the tC can do better than 15.7 or 15.5 then certainly an RSX-S can do better than a 14.9. So yea, the RSX-S is pretty much a mid to upper mid 14 second car.

That's not the point. The point was, that a S/C tC can beat a Stock RSX-S.
Old 08-12-2006, 05:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You tc owners are still cocky as living hell aren't you?

No way in effing hell will a stock tC beat a rsx-s with even the slightest knowledgable driver in the rsx-s.

With the supercharger, assuming we are talking about no other mods, the tC will be able to run right beside the rsx-s or just slightly slower. Add something like an exhaust then you have your win, but its not going to "destroy" the rsx-s.

The tC is listed as a 15.7 car, majority of owners hit anywhere from 15.5-16.5 in stock form. The rsx-s is listed as a 14.9-15.0 car, and most owners hit any where from 14.7-15.5, all depends on driver skill which is why i basically give each car a full second in difference because no matter what car you have you have horrid drivers driving them.

With a supercharger the tC, again, no other mods is going to run 14.9-15.2 with a good driver, its not a mid 14 second car with the supercharger so its not going to smoke the rsx-s.

If anyone wants to try and disprove me and live in georgia feel free to pm me, i'm sure we could settle a race with one of my friends. i only know one person with a stock rsx-s.
Old 08-14-2006, 12:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by killerxromances
You tc owners are still cocky as living hell aren't you?

No way in effing hell will a stock tC beat a rsx-s with even the slightest knowledgable driver in the rsx-s.

With the supercharger, assuming we are talking about no other mods, the tC will be able to run right beside the rsx-s or just slightly slower. Add something like an exhaust then you have your win, but its not going to "destroy" the rsx-s.

The tC is listed as a 15.7 car, majority of owners hit anywhere from 15.5-16.5 in stock form. The rsx-s is listed as a 14.9-15.0 car, and most owners hit any where from 14.7-15.5, all depends on driver skill which is why i basically give each car a full second in difference because no matter what car you have you have horrid drivers driving them.

With a supercharger the tC, again, no other mods is going to run 14.9-15.2 with a good driver, its not a mid 14 second car with the supercharger so its not going to smoke the rsx-s.

If anyone wants to try and disprove me and live in georgia feel free to pm me, i'm sure we could settle a race with one of my friends. i only know one person with a stock rsx-s.

Know one ever mentioned a stock tC dude...
Old 08-14-2006, 03:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

He did rythmn, and you commented on him. Get over yourself and quit trying to start a arguement when theres absolutely no reason to. And other said they can beat a stock rsx-s with n/a, assuming i/h/e yeah, still no win.

Sorry to burst the tC owners ego and everything.
Old 08-14-2006, 04:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

He did rythmn, and you commented on him. Get over yourself and quit trying to start a arguement when theres absolutely no reason to. And other said they can beat a stock rsx-s with n/a, assuming i/h/e yeah, still no win.

Dude, I would walk all over a Type S with BOTH of my cars...so, don't talk to me like I'm slow or something. You need to get off your Honda High horse for once in your life.

Even if you were rich, you still couldn't Pay Attention.. HIS comment was saying that a tC in stock form is no where close to that of an Type S (This is the part where you have to pay attention now...), No One Argued Against That Statement. MY following statement was directed at how fast he was saying the Type S was. I was just digging up info, to see what it's rated at, and posted that it was actually slower....Gosh! Didn't think I would have to Spell it out for you....
Old 08-14-2006, 05:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke

Dude, I would walk all over a Type S with BOTH of my cars...so, don't talk to me like I'm slow or something. You need to get off your Honda High horse for once in your life.

Even if you were rich, you still couldn't Pay Attention.. HIS comment was saying that a tC in stock form is no where close to that of an Type S (This is the part where you have to pay attention now...), No One Argued Against That Statement. MY following statement was directed at how fast he was saying the Type S was. I was just digging up info, to see what it's rated at, and posted that it was actually slower....Gosh! Didn't think I would have to Spell it out for you....
Well take your own advice and get off the Scion high horse, did i say your cars were slower? Even with a supercharger you aren't going to smoke the rsx-s. With another power mod paired to that supercharger, you'll win but still not smoke it.

Every effing time i post on a thread you automatically see a reason to pick a fight with me, and every effing time it goes no where. Haven't learned this yet? Well knock yourself out if you get amused by arguing over absolutely nothing.

And is it my fault everyone brings up honda here? No, if someone said they could smoke a tt 300zx with their i/h/e tc i'd say something just like i would with any thing else.
Old 08-14-2006, 03:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Well take your own advice and get off the Scion high horse, did i say your cars were slower? Even with a supercharger you aren't going to smoke the rsx-s. With another power mod paired to that supercharger, you'll win but still not smoke it.

Every effing time i post on a thread you automatically see a reason to pick a fight with me, and every effing time it goes no where. Haven't learned this yet? Well knock yourself out if you get amused by arguing over absolutely nothing.

And is it my fault everyone brings up honda here? No, if someone said they could smoke a tt 300zx with their i/h/e tc i'd say something just like i would with any thing else.

No, it's your effin fault because you always got to open your mouth, the minute someone mentions something about a freakin HonDUH! Stop hatin on the tC's dude. I know, U know it, and everyone else Knows it. You constantly try to down play the car, and assume EVERY Honduh can beat a tC regardless of mods.

(all your going to do now, is just come back and give some BS statement about how you DON'T down play the tC)....
Old 08-14-2006, 06:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No, it's your effin fault because you always got to open your mouth, the minute someone mentions something about a freakin HonDUH! Stop hatin on the tC's dude. I know, U know it, and everyone else Knows it. You constantly try to down play the car, and assume EVERY Honduh can beat a tC regardless of mods.

(all your going to do now, is just come back and give some BS statement about how you DON'T down play the tC)....
No, actually i do talk down about the tC quiet a bit. I realize that, but i'm not sorry for it. Why do i? Obviously it can power, but most of the owners on this site over-play its abilities. A lot of tC owners believe the tC is fast from the start, its a mid 15 second car from the factory. Because i don't make it something more than what it is, people _____ about it. It's not my fault its turned into another "honduh" where that 130 some odd whp and some odd torque has gone to peoples heads. You will probably deny this, but i know many people who say the same thing, tC owners believe their car can take on anything. Which is about the truth as to generally speaking. And for me "hating" the tC, i have friends with tC's, only difference is they don't think they are god.

When have i ever said any honda can beat the tc? A ton of hondas stock for stock would loose to the tC. But guess what, people over shoot the tC ability and believe it can take on some of Honda's best cars, rarely does a ex, ls, hatch with minimal mods, or any of those come up. Its always rsx-s, Si's, hatchs/civics with swaps, S2k's, hell i've even talked to one tC owner who thinks his trd s/c will take on a early 90's nsx and cars like that. Obviously it depends on the swap, but its usually the "better" swap people claim they've smoked or beat. I'm sure they have beat these cars, but were they racing?

I know a lot of you running 300whp+ can take on a lot of cars, but vast majority of the ones claiming these have minimal mods. Because majority of the ones with higher whp running 12's are talking about racing sti's, evo's, and so on.
Old 08-14-2006, 07:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

No, actually i do talk down about the tC quiet a bit. I realize that, but i'm not sorry for it. Why do i? Obviously it can power, but most of the owners on this site over-play its abilities. A lot of tC owners believe the tC is fast from the start, its a mid 15 second car from the factory. Because i don't make it something more than what it is, people biscuit about it. It's not my fault its turned into another "honduh" where that 130 some odd whp and some odd torque has gone to peoples heads. You will probably deny this, but i know many people who say the same thing, tC owners believe their car can take on anything. Which is about the truth as to generally speaking. And for me "hating" the tC, i have friends with tC's, only difference is they don't think they are god.

When have i ever said any honda can beat the tc? A ton of hondas stock for stock would loose to the tC. But guess what, people over shoot the tC ability and believe it can take on some of Honda's best cars, rarely does a ex, ls, hatch with minimal mods, or any of those come up. Its always rsx-s, Si's, hatchs/civics with swaps, S2k's, hell i've even talked to one tC owner who thinks his trd s/c will take on a early 90's nsx and cars like that. Obviously it depends on the swap, but its usually the "better" swap people claim they've smoked or beat. I'm sure they have beat these cars, but were they racing?

I know a lot of you running 300whp+ can take on a lot of cars, but vast majority of the ones claiming these have minimal mods. Because majority of the ones with higher whp running 12's are talking about racing sti's, evo's, and so on.

Why do you spend so much time in the tC section if you have these strong feelings about tC owners.... Your only doing it to yourself sir. Secondly, ARE YOU SERIOUS! You think the tC is in the class of a Civic EX/LS and NOT in the Si's class....Give me a freaking break dude. An EX/LS would get roasted! Who else to compare the tC to than to that of the Si, Civics with swaps..etc. I've beaten Teggy's with swaps, I've beaten basic upgraded Teggy's. Don't give me that BS about bringing up a Civic EX/LS....Those cars aren't even worth the Gas spent in racing them.

What's going to get more eyes:

"Raced a Civic EX last night and roasted it" = NO **** sherlock

"Raced a Type S last night with my S/C and was able to beat him = Good Kill!

Just because you have friends with tC's don't mean squat. These people you so call are "over playing the tC's ability"....GUESS WHAT? 95% of them are speaking from "real experience", not some cooked up story. If it's to hard to beileve, then yeah I would call them out on it. But if it's possible, then I give credit to where credit is due. Can't say the same for you though, cause everytime a Honda falls victim to a tC, you scream Foul Play! That's why I hate Hondas so freakin much, cause all of you are the same. You think you can beat everything on the road, just because you have a WEAK A$$ B16 in your little coupe...
Old 08-14-2006, 07:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Okay.. Did i say the ex/lx was the same league as the tC? No. They aren't, just like the tC is not in the same league as the Si/rsx-s. Comparing a ex to a tc is the exact same thing as comparing the tc to a si or rsx-s. The time differences in the 1/4 are pretty close to the same when you race a ex/lx, or when you race the si/rsx-s. If you race a ex, you will beat them with the similar time difference as losing to a rsx-s. In stock form obviously. With the supercharger, it would be close, it would be a drivers race. NOT a kill. Thats down playing the rsx-s. And if the rsx-s has a mod or two, that drivers race will end up more like a win for the rsx. Just like if the tc had a exhaust for instance with the s/c, the tc would win but not a kill. Give me a break man, you say i'm on a high horse yet you are saying the same kind of crap with the tC.

Yeah, you've beaten this and you've beaten that. Hey, remember that Si vs. lotus video i showed you on that other thread? I guess the Si can kill a lotus then. Same difference, driver makes a world of difference. But only thing is, on that same forum the Si guy was saying the lotus driver sucked and should have killed him. What do you do? I killed a teggy with a swap and mods. Period. You don't even consider the fact that teggy is probably the faster car, and more than likely is depending on what else is done and the swap, yet once you do that your ego goes through the roof and all of a sudden you own any integra. Sure, you don't say that but thats what it appears like because of how you discuss it. Its just like most of the people on here.

And if a tc with a s/c was able to beat a rsx-s, you say good kill? At least now i understand your talk. Even if he won by a car length. For you, thats a kill! 2 car lengths, i guess he smoked the living crap out of him huh?

And yeah i know, not many people are going to just have a s/c without any other mods. But ifi you think about it, not many people are going to race a bone stock car either. Usually if they do its to see where the car is, not to race another car.

Quick Reply: beat rsx type-s with S/C?