General driving and racing...

beat rsx type-s with S/C?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 07:39 PM
web
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

In all honesty, I would assume that even with a S/C, the tC would only come to the bumper of the RSX-S. My friend has an SS Cobalt S/C and I've done bolt ons to my tC. I/H/E/Pulley/Short shifter. I've run him at ~3/4 pressure on the gas pedal and he still pulls a bit. At WOT the cars are pretty matched but still, the Cobalt has a little pull b/c of the S/C. B/c the Cobalt is not V-tec or VVT-i, it doesn't have much of an advantage over an upgraded tC (bolt ons). The RSX-S on the other hand, starts with a good bit more hp, but doesn't have a good proportioned amount of torque. I'm sure the 6 speed helps with that, but a tC could probobly hold its own up through 3rd. After that, in all reality, the RSX-S would take over and start to walk. Even the S/C tC isn't matched with the Cobalt SS or the RSX-S. A better race would be those two cars. My tC is quick and I like to play every once in a while, but I've been beat by Z24 Cavaliers also. I'm not ashamed either b/c you also have to understand where their torque band is. Z24's have low torque bands of around 2500-5000. Our tC's have excellent torque pick-up after 3200-5600. B/c the Z24's can pick up faster and I believe are lighter, then will get the jump. On street racing runs in traffic, it's not uncommon to get beat by a Z24 or some other cars people claim to "destroy." It's all in what type of environment you're in, what setup the other car has, what design their motor is specified for and how good the driver is. I know i've gone off topic a bit including the Cobalt and Cavalier, but I would compare the Cobalt SS S/C to the RSX-S and say that my tC could hold it's bumper , maybe it's front mirror. NOT "destroy" it. Let me know if I'm wrong, but my friend wants to race me in his GF's RSX-S (stock). I told him he would win, but I think it'll be close.
Old 08-14-2006, 07:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by killerxromances
Okay.. Did i say the ex/lx was the same league as the tC? No. They aren't, just like the tC is not in the same league as the Si/rsx-s. Comparing a ex to a tc is the exact same thing as comparing the tc to a si or rsx-s. The time differences in the 1/4 are pretty close to the same when you race a ex/lx, or when you race the si/rsx-s. If you race a ex, you will beat them with the similar time difference as losing to a rsx-s. In stock form obviously. With the supercharger, it would be close, it would be a drivers race. NOT a kill. Thats down playing the rsx-s. And if the rsx-s has a mod or two, that drivers race will end up more like a win for the rsx. Just like if the tc had a exhaust for instance with the s/c, the tc would win but not a kill. Give me a break man, you say i'm on a high horse yet you are saying the same kind of crap with the tC.

Yeah, you've beaten this and you've beaten that. Hey, remember that Si vs. lotus video i showed you on that other thread? I guess the Si can kill a lotus then. Same difference, driver makes a world of difference. But only thing is, on that same forum the Si guy was saying the lotus driver sucked and should have killed him. What do you do? I killed a teggy with a swap and mods. Period. You don't even consider the fact that teggy is probably the faster car, and more than likely is depending on what else is done and the swap, yet once you do that your ego goes through the roof and all of a sudden you own any integra. Sure, you don't say that but thats what it appears like because of how you discuss it. Its just like most of the people on here.

And if a tc with a s/c was able to beat a rsx-s, you say good kill? At least now i understand your talk. Even if he won by a car length. For you, thats a kill! 2 car lengths, i guess he smoked the living crap out of him huh?

And yeah i know, not many people are going to just have a s/c without any other mods. But ifi you think about it, not many people are going to race a bone stock car either. Usually if they do its to see where the car is, not to race another car.

Dude you crack me up! "The tC can't be compared to the Civic EX/LS and it can't be compared to the Civic Si"......WELL then WHAT Civic can it be compared to...(mr. I know more about the capability of tC's than their owners do)... In case you forgot the Teggy with the swap I raced....He had I/H/E and our tC was ALL STOCK! Guess what chief? I was not the one even drving....MY GIRL WAS.. I'm not even going to go into any of my said/video'ed races, as you will just yell "Driver Skill", as if I'm a GOD at Driving. Here is a Reality check for you....."I'm Not Even Good At Racing".

By the way, I have raced more than ONE Teggy, to know where I stood among the Honda boys. The Si vs. Lotus vid you showed me was a World of difference than an Si (Pre 06, as I have said the 06 Si is faster) vs. a tC. The tC and Si are closely matched, to which anyone could take the victory. But a Lotus vs. Si, it's clearly a mismatch, yet the Si dude still won, which would only equate to a driver skill. Not so with an Si and tC. You try to imply that the Lotus and the Si is as much of a mismatch as the tC and Si are....That sir, is just a load of BS.

FYI......You can not expect the same results from the same two cars on the Track as you would on the Street. There are some cars I beat on the street (clear straight-up/no traffic, 3 honk racing), that I think I would loose to on the track.
Old 08-14-2006, 07:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by web
In all honesty, I would assume that even with a S/C, the tC would only come to the bumper of the RSX-S. My friend has an SS Cobalt S/C and I've done bolt ons to my tC. I/H/E/Pulley/Short shifter. I've run him at ~3/4 pressure on the gas pedal and he still pulls a bit. At WOT the cars are pretty matched but still, the Cobalt has a little pull b/c of the S/C. B/c the Cobalt is not V-tec or VVT-i, it doesn't have much of an advantage over an upgraded tC (bolt ons). The RSX-S on the other hand, starts with a good bit more hp, but doesn't have a good proportioned amount of torque. I'm sure the 6 speed helps with that, but a tC could probobly hold its own up through 3rd. After that, in all reality, the RSX-S would take over and start to walk. Even the S/C tC isn't matched with the Cobalt SS or the RSX-S. A better race would be those two cars. My tC is quick and I like to play every once in a while, but I've been beat by Z24 Cavaliers also. I'm not ashamed either b/c you also have to understand where their torque band is. Z24's have low torque bands of around 2500-5000. Our tC's have excellent torque pick-up after 3200-5600. B/c the Z24's can pick up faster and I believe are lighter, then will get the jump. On street racing runs in traffic, it's not uncommon to get beat by a Z24 or some other cars people claim to "destroy." It's all in what type of environment you're in, what setup the other car has, what design their motor is specified for and how good the driver is. I know i've gone off topic a bit including the Cobalt and Cavalier, but I would compare the Cobalt SS S/C to the RSX-S and say that my tC could hold it's bumper , maybe it's front mirror. NOT "destroy" it. Let me know if I'm wrong, but my friend wants to race me in his GF's RSX-S (stock). I told him he would win, but I think it'll be close.
You won't come close if those are the only mods you have, unless you consider 2-3 car lengths difference close depending on the speed your racing to.

The cobalt is a pos imo, its not worth even considering to compare since you never know when the last run will be. Sort of like the srt-4's, sure they can make power but not really reliable. At least someone else here doesn't have a huge ego.
Old 08-14-2006, 07:58 PM
web
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh believe me, I don't brag about beating 350Zs or Vette's or what not. I know that the tC is in a class of it's own caught between the LX/EX civics and RSX/SI/Cobalts. It's fun to play with the smaller ones but there's no killing the big boys. It's still fun to pretend though

Actually, my friend's Cobalt is nice. They have a very steady feel on the road and get to power quickly. But, he was surprised when I told him I was only at 3/4 throttle. He said, "What, you think you could take me?" I was honest and said, "Not beat you, but I'll give you a run and make you sweat!"....haha
Old 08-14-2006, 07:59 PM
web
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh, another good one to run if you want to test your shifting ability with your tC is the new Jetta 2.5. I ran one and only passed it by about 2 feet. They are fun to play with though.
Old 08-14-2006, 08:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

I need to go take my Z and smash on some poor Smuch in a Type S who thinks he is faster than anything on the road, like most Honda/Acura boys do.... (of course I would get it on vid)
Old 08-14-2006, 08:03 PM
web
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, I'm waiting for some good "destroying" or "KILL" videos. Seeing is believing!
Old 08-14-2006, 08:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Okay.. Did i say the ex/lx was the same league as the tC? No. They aren't, just like the tC is not in the same league as the Si/rsx-s. Comparing a ex to a tc is the exact same thing as comparing the tc to a si or rsx-s. The time differences in the 1/4 are pretty close to the same when you race a ex/lx, or when you race the si/rsx-s. If you race a ex, you will beat them with the similar time difference as losing to a rsx-s. In stock form obviously. With the supercharger, it would be close, it would be a drivers race. NOT a kill. Thats down playing the rsx-s. And if the rsx-s has a mod or two, that drivers race will end up more like a win for the rsx. Just like if the tc had a exhaust for instance with the s/c, the tc would win but not a kill. Give me a break man, you say i'm on a high horse yet you are saying the same kind of crap with the tC.

Yeah, you've beaten this and you've beaten that. Hey, remember that Si vs. lotus video i showed you on that other thread? I guess the Si can kill a lotus then. Same difference, driver makes a world of difference. But only thing is, on that same forum the Si guy was saying the lotus driver sucked and should have killed him. What do you do? I killed a teggy with a swap and mods. Period. You don't even consider the fact that teggy is probably the faster car, and more than likely is depending on what else is done and the swap, yet once you do that your ego goes through the roof and all of a sudden you own any integra. Sure, you don't say that but thats what it appears like because of how you discuss it. Its just like most of the people on here.

And if a tc with a s/c was able to beat a rsx-s, you say good kill? At least now i understand your talk. Even if he won by a car length. For you, thats a kill! 2 car lengths, i guess he smoked the living crap out of him huh?

And yeah i know, not many people are going to just have a s/c without any other mods. But ifi you think about it, not many people are going to race a bone stock car either. Usually if they do its to see where the car is, not to race another car.

Dude you crack me up! "The tC can't be compared to the Civic EX/LS and it can't be compared to the Civic Si"......WELL then WHAT Civic can it be compared to...(mr. I know more about the capability of tC's than their owners do)... In case you forgot the Teggy with the swap I raced....He had I/H/E and our tC was ALL STOCK! Guess what chief? I was not the one even drving....MY GIRL WAS.. I'm not even going to go into any of my said/video'ed races, as you will just yell "Driver Skill", as if I'm a GOD at Driving. Here is a Reality check for you....."I'm Not Even Good At Racing".

By the way, I have raced more than ONE Teggy, to know where I stood among the Honda boys. The Si vs. Lotus vid you showed me was a World of difference than an Si (Pre 06, as I have said the 06 Si is faster) vs. a tC. The tC and Si are closely matched, to which anyone could take the victory. But a Lotus vs. Si, it's clearly a mismatch, yet the Si dude still won, which would only equate to a driver skill. Not so with an Si and tC. You try to imply that the Lotus and the Si is as much of a mismatch as the tC and Si are....That sir, is just a load of BS.

FYI......You can not expect the same results from the same two cars on the Track as you would on the Street. There are some cars I beat on the street (clear straight-up/no traffic, 3 honk racing), that I think I would loose to on the track.
I'm talking about track because that way there are no more x's to why who won than there needs to be. Oh, and you assume a lot for someone who wants to argue. When you say Si, how the hell am i supposed to know what year Si you are talking about? As i've said plenty of times in the past, previous hatch Si vs. tC is a drivers race since both run identical times, the Si's before that would be a drivers race with the Si at an advantage, but i'll just go ahead and say drivers race but i know you'll disagree with those statements since i know absolutely nothing about what i'm talking about.

Why do you even have to compare the tc to a civic? to please you? 06' Si is out of the tC's league, the ex/lx civics aren't in the tC's league. The tC is not in the same league as a rsx-s.

But go ahead, say something else that disproves what i'm saying since you know so damn much. I really wish i had my gsr still because i'd give you a run for your money, and yes i'm talking about your current mods.
Old 08-14-2006, 08:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by web
Oh believe me, I don't brag about beating 350Zs or Vette's or what not. I know that the tC is in a class of it's own caught between the LX/EX civics and RSX/SI/Cobalts. It's fun to play with the smaller ones but there's no killing the big boys. It's still fun to pretend though

Actually, my friend's Cobalt is nice. They have a very steady feel on the road and get to power quickly. But, he was surprised when I told him I was only at 3/4 throttle. He said, "What, you think you could take me?" I was honest and said, "Not beat you, but I'll give you a run and make you sweat!"....haha
Hey rythmn, how about listening to your fellow tc owners huh?
Old 08-14-2006, 08:13 PM
web
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I had this guy pull up next to me one night in his 2k+ Audi A4. He looked over and was doing the rev thing so I did mine too. He started talking sh*t saying, "Dude, it's a fu**ing Scion." And he asked how much money I had on me. I looked over and said, "1...I'm glad you know what type of car I have and 2...Not enough for you." He's like, "Yeah, can't hang with the S4s!"....

I looked over and made him realize he was an idiot. I said "Sorry but you don't have an S4. Seeing as though you have no turbo and you have the pick up of a Jetta, you're an a**. And by the way, I hope you like riding alone b/c me and my girlfriend are going home for some fun of our own."
Old 08-14-2006, 11:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke

I'm talking about track because that way there are no more x's to why who won than there needs to be. Oh, and you assume a lot for someone who wants to argue. When you say Si, how the hell am i supposed to know what year Si you are talking about? As i've said plenty of times in the past, previous hatch Si vs. tC is a drivers race since both run identical times, the Si's before that would be a drivers race with the Si at an advantage, but i'll just go ahead and say drivers race but i know you'll disagree with those statements since i know absolutely nothing about what i'm talking about.

Why do you even have to compare the tc to a civic? to please you? 06' Si is out of the tC's league, the ex/lx civics aren't in the tC's league. The tC is not in the same league as a rsx-s.

But go ahead, say something else that disproves what i'm saying since you know so damn much. I really wish i had my gsr still because i'd give you a run for your money, and yes i'm talking about your current mods.

You need to take your own advice sometimes man...
Old 08-14-2006, 11:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by web

Hey rythmn, how about listening to your fellow tc owners huh?

Listen to what? He didn't say anything that concerns me. You need to listen to yourself for a change. Did I ever say I can beat ANY teggy now since I have beaten a couple....NO! Did I say I can BEAT ALL 350Z's now because I have beaten an 03 and an 06....NO! When I say I smashed on a 350Z, and I say I can take one out, I'm talking about the ones with the same/similar mods....DUH!

It's obvious you can make any car faster than another car is stock...DUH!

And you never did explain why you don't have the "infamous" GSR any more. As a matter of fact, you have never even shown me you USE to have one. What did mommy and daddy make you give it up, and now you are stuck with an economy cruiser.
Old 08-15-2006, 11:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It was totalled, i was on a highway of speedlimit 50-55 forget which one, and a truck with a 4'' lift kit pulled out in front me giving me time enough to shift to 4th before impact. A car was beside me when he pulled out with no shoulder so i had no choice but to hit him. My front end basically rolled nicely into his big tire. And "mommy and daddy" never took it away or paid for it, just like this car. Nice try for a "cheap" shot though. Maybe if you actually knew what you were talking about it would be more effective.

Oh, and if you want pictures i can have my parents send me the ones i have through snail mail, scan them through my apartment office, send them to my email and send them to your email if you want.

And you should listen to Web not because he said something of interest to you, but because he doesn't have a huge ego and realizes where the place of the tC is rather than having to compare it to a honda or any other car. Not to mention, he said something kind of funny when i talked to him outside of scionlife.. "There should be a tc vs. the world thread", sorry for quoting you web, but i think its funny how i said the exact same thing a month or so ago.. I believe it was in the Si thread wasn't it? Either way, not really the point. The point i was making earlier was, he has no ego and doesn't try to pick a fight over absolutely nothing.

See, we are already wasting a 2nd page on this and you nor i are not saying anything. Of course mods won't do anything since most want me banned anyway. Its what you get for not having your head up everyone elses as s and actually saying what you believe.
Old 08-16-2006, 09:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

It was totalled, i was on a highway of speedlimit 50-55 forget which one, and a truck with a 4'' lift kit pulled out in front me giving me time enough to shift to 4th before impact. A car was beside me when he pulled out with no shoulder so i had no choice but to hit him. My front end basically rolled nicely into his big tire. And "mommy and daddy" never took it away or paid for it, just like this car. Nice try for a "cheap" shot though. Maybe if you actually knew what you were talking about it would be more effective.

Oh, and if you want pictures i can have my parents send me the ones i have through snail mail, scan them through my apartment office, send them to my email and send them to your email if you want.

And you should listen to Web not because he said something of interest to you, but because he doesn't have a huge ego and realizes where the place of the tC is rather than having to compare it to a honda or any other car. Not to mention, he said something kind of funny when i talked to him outside of scionlife.. "There should be a tc vs. the world thread", sorry for quoting you web, but i think its funny how i said the exact same thing a month or so ago.. I believe it was in the Si thread wasn't it? Either way, not really the point. The point i was making earlier was, he has no ego and doesn't try to pick a fight over absolutely nothing.

See, we are already wasting a 2nd page on this and you nor i are not saying anything. Of course mods won't do anything since most want me banned anyway. Its what you get for not having your head up everyone elses as s and actually saying what you believe.

Let me just set a couple of things straight for ya sir.

1) I don't have an Ego. I don't care about winning or loosing. I race to have fun. Don't mistake me defending what I work so hard to accomplish (just to turn around and here you downgrade the car), as me being Egotistical. That is if you were trying to imply that I was.

2) You shouldn't be banned just because your a Honda lover on a Scion board.

3) You can say what you believe, but that doesn't make it true.

4) If you make a car faster, upgrade the suspension it puts it into a different category, and not one to compare as if it was stock. Any car can be made fast. It does nott have a "PLACE" that it belongs in if it's no longer stock. From there on out, you are either better/faster than the other driver/car, or your Not....It's that simple. Not some huge Charade on what the other car was MEANT for, vs what this car was meant for. Your fast or your Not.
Old 08-16-2006, 12:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

With a supercharger the tC, again, no other mods is going to run 14.9-15.2 with a good driver, its not a mid 14 second car with the supercharger so its not going to smoke the rsx-s.
14.9-15.2 with a good driver on a supercharged tC? Are you stupid?

tC's are running 14.9-15.2's with bolt-on's N/A.

I've raced a few RSX type-s's in my car and it's a very close race.. I win until the middle of third gear (about 60 or so) then the RSX gets about 1 or 2 cars on me.
Old 08-16-2006, 01:08 PM
web
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Back and forth, back and forth

Why can't we all just understand that cars, especially Scions, are designed for personal preference? This is not to say that others are not, but since we're on the Scion site, we'll go with that.

No matter what you put on a car it all comes down to the environment and the driver. There's no mod that you can bolt on any car that would destroy every car on the road. It's the driver who uses the car which has that mod that wins the race. Yes, cars can be made better/faster than others and be considered parts of other classes of cars (Rado's tC is definately not in between an EX/LX and RSX-S/SI).

The hard truth is that, no matter how much money anyone spends on a car to go faster, look better, or just sound different...it's personal preference. Arguements start on here over other's words...Why? It's their opinion and just leave it at that. If people say they can beat Vettes and what not with their 135 hp Civic or 200 hp RSX-S that's fine. But they are just words. We're all on here to have fun anyways. Isn't that the whole point of this site and also to help each other with questions? Anyone can win a race, but not everyone can own up to the fact that they have been beaten before. It's just part of the game. No need for harsh words or continual conversations that take up 2 pages .

No need to take my advice though....remember, it's just an opinion.
Old 08-16-2006, 03:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by web
If people say they can beat Vettes and what not with their 135 hp Civic or 200 hp RSX-S that's fine. But they are just words.

Mine are vids instead of words...
Old 08-16-2006, 03:10 PM
web
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Awesome....that's what I like to hear. Can you post some on here to show us? Please
Old 08-16-2006, 04:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by web
Awesome....that's what I like to hear. Can you post some on here to show us? Please

Ask and you shall receive, although everyone has seen this before, guess I can still provide entertainment though:

Breaking In the Turbo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZA3asa19Wg

VS. Civic Coupe w/H22 swap I/H/E + 50shot (supposedly he couldn't spray though, wire was messed up or something)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qrs-JYTwPg

VS. Modded WRX (first race, when I knew nothing of brake boosting)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxEAEQqirPo

VS. Same Modded WRX (Rematch) learned about brake boosting
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAGlVmfRGxg

VS. 240SX with Stock RB20DET @ 7 PSI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SNP6_SnD2M

VS. Same 240SX after upgrading to a FMIC and tinkering with Boost (says he didn't change the PSI though, but who knows, can't really trust what people say during street races)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bGone4zj4A

VS. My Stock 350Z
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhRmudY9Wyw
Old 08-16-2006, 04:24 PM
web
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hahahaha, nice videos!....thanx!

Quick Reply: beat rsx type-s with S/C?