Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 04:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by killerxromances
You love all cars huh? You sure do talk alot of crap about honda if you love all cars..

It's because you provoke me to talk about them. You openly admitted you down talk the tC. So, I spit it back at you. Don't start ****, won't Be **** is the moto...learn about it.

Oh, and when did i say i know it all? When?
You try to tell me how my own car, could, would, and should preform, and you don't even own one.

I have denied that constantly, infact a lot of threads i've learned a lot on.
Then you contradict yourself by trying to tell people what SHOULD happen, instead of what DOES happen.

But with you, you don't share any knowledge you have, you just talk.
Talk.....More like Action. I don't talk about anything, I show people what I have done. Nothing more, Nothing less. If you don't like what I do, you have a little thing we people like to call "Free Will". If you don't like the vid I will post up tomorrow of me beating this S2k I just raced 20 mins ago, guess what, you don't have to watch it.

yeah i'm going to defend honda because when people like you talk about how your i/e or whatever combo you used to have before boost, would beat a teggy swapped K series with mods, thats bull____ and you know it.
Yeah, your right, it is bullsh!t. Want to know why.....Because I've NEVER raced a Teggy swapped K series with mods... It was a B16 with mods, don't confuse yourself bro. I think your taking it way to serious that now your getting your facts mixed up (which by the way, that race was when we were all STOCK). And you know I don't lie about winning and loosing. It just so happen we won the race, Nothing more....Nothing less.

just like you assume you can beat this rsx when you have no idea if you can or can't with your 350z
I never assumed I could beat his RSX with my 350Z. I said a 350Z can beat an RSX. I didn't say HIS RSX. I dont' know his RSX from a hole in the ground. Don't put words in my mouth bro.

he has proven himself that he can beat, constantly, a 350.
I must have missed that part.

Not to mention your the same guy that says zpi runs 11's when infact they've never ran that time.
I said the was an 11 sec car, yes I did. When your trapspeed is as high as that of an 11 sec car, and the only thing holding you back is traction, I felt it was justifiable to call it an 11 sec car. "It's my party and I'll cry if I want too"...

You assume WAY too much. Don't get me started on that 17psi with race fuel crap.

Who's running 17 PSI with race fuel? Where did this come from? I don't recall ever talking or starting a topic about 17 PSI and race fuel? Curious to know what your talking about here in terms of race fuel? It's not uncommon for people with turbo kits to run race fuel. There is a local kid with a Civic coupe on Boost + race fuel pumping out 548whp. I don't get what the big deal is? Care to explain?

You ASSUME the 2az will out perform the honda just because you drive a scion. Its all crap and you know. Until it happens, don't even assume because assuming causes noobs to believe. And thats the problem we as everyone face today.

And I'm SICK and TIRED of people ASSUMING we are slow because of the manufacture of our car! I'm sick and tired of people like you trolling over here to bash on the tC, and not give props to those who are actually running decent times in them. I'm sick and tired that you can't get respect from people just because IT'S A SCION! That my friend, is BS. I don't give a damn if you drive a Geo Metro. If your running good #'s, I'm going to shake your hand, and say "That is nice bro". I'm nothing like you sir. You go to great lengths to find every thing WRONG with a tC.....JUST BECAUSE IT'S A TC! That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. "Oh, you are not even in the class of an Si"....That's your opinion, your intitled to. My opinion is that they don't impress me as far as "fun driving". I'll take tQ over Vtec any day.
Old 08-24-2006, 04:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by geezandrew
you're an idiot my friend... i'm just stating the facts since you're saying the tc w/ a turbo will whoop an rsx oh who cares about straightline... put the tc on a track and that tc that just kicked an rsx in straightline will get wooped in the corners. I never compared the rsx to the TC, show me where did i compare theM? you are the one comparing them ...

http://www.world-racing.com/videos/c...twillow1mb.wmv

You were saying....
Old 08-24-2006, 04:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

look at your comments you hypocrite.

1)"That's not the point. The point was, that a S/C tC can beat a Stock RSX-S."
"Know one ever mentioned a stock tC dude... Yawn" - learn some proper english please its nobody not know one

2)"Dude, I would walk all over a Type S with BOTH of my cars...so, don't talk to me like I'm slow or something. " - you're the one chillin eh... sounds like you're the one revving oh i'm such a bad boy... in my tc

3)"You think the tC is in the class of a Civic EX/LS and NOT in the Si's class....Give me a freaking break dude. An EX/LS would get roasted! Who else to compare the tC to than to that of the Si, Civics with swaps..etc. I've beaten Teggy's with swaps, I've beaten basic upgraded Teggy's." - race the Si on a track and see what happens... and GET OFF YOUR TC HIGH HORSE!

4)"That's why I hate Hondas so freakin much, cause all of you are the same." did you just say you loved all cars? hmm contradictory are we?

5)"The tC and Si are closely matched, to which anyone could take the victory." - the Si is faster than an rsx on the track so good luck beating it... and lol close match in stock form how? it has the same motor as the rsx... and weighs only 40 lbs more i hope the guy driving the SI is a 500 pounder...

6) "I need to go take my Z and smash on some poor Smuch in a Type S who thinks he is faster than anything on the road, like most Honda/Acura boys do.... Yawn (of course I would get it on vid)" - sounds like you're the guy who's trying to start something again, agreeing to a race my butt... you're asking for a street race. WHY DONT YOU GO TO THE TRACK AND RACE SH*T, you're putting other ppl's lives endanger by street racing. I can't believe you call yourself an enthusiast when you're in fact just a damn ricer w/ low self esteem.

well i'm tired of going thru ur scion biased posts but you my friend need to find yourself some selfesteem and stop racing on the streets.

And you my friend can find some selfesteem and go back to which you came. As the old saying goes, "Can't stand the heat, get the hell out the Kitchen". I only fire when fired upon, to which me and Killerx have a history of verbal sparring.

PS....I go to the track to... Everything you quoted me saying, is in RESPONSE to someone elses bad mouthing. I never start ****, I usually just finish them.

Do I really need to go back over to the RSX forum and start quoting people over there.

"TC = Slow"

"I Whoop on a tC in my base RSX"

"My g/f likes tC's, she thinks they are pretty"..

Don't give me that BS! I only talk ****, when ****'s being talked. Show me where I was NOT responding to someone elses BS post! Don't quote me unless your quoting the post I'm responding to bro. Don't get it twisted.
Old 08-24-2006, 04:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

you're asking for a street race. WHY DONT YOU GO TO THE TRACK AND RACE SH*T, you're putting other ppl's lives endanger by street racing.

What track do you go to? How close is it to TN?
Old 08-24-2006, 05:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Only problem is, with those two cars in his posts he appears to feel undestructable and unbeatable when in reality that 300whp is probably a 12 to a 13 flat second car. Hell, maybe even slower since hes "not that great at racing".

No, I don't feel undestructable or unbeatable...the 350Z is slow, that's why I'm going to drift it. Straightline is not one of it's strong points, even though it will do 11's on low boost. And I TRULY am, not good at racing. Kenny is what I would consider good at racing. He would run circles around me on the track/street.

On a autocross or road course though, that tC will be one of the slower cars. That 350z if its stock, he has no bragging rights because 350z's aren't that fast in any racing environment in stock forum.

http://www.world-racing.com/videos/c...twillow1mb.wmv

Love to hear your input on this one...

Hes just ____ed because he can't admit defeat so he has to take it out on someone. No use in arguing with him, this can last forever since he has a ego the size of the universe. Of course, he won't admit that because hes too proud for that.

You have VERY, VERY Little room to talk about ego's bro. If anyone mentioned a HONDA on these boards, somehow you MIGRATE to the thread, and talk about how SO SUPERIOR it is over the tC. Ricer.....RIGHT! I simple share what I have done, and the best you can do, is not like it and call me a ricer. You really must hate being wrong don't you. I can't admit defeat? Defeat at what Bro? Care to explain this one, because the last time I checked, you haven't beaten anything in this direction. You say a stock 350Z is not fast, and I agree with you. But guess what....

Neither is a RSX
Neither is a RSX Type -S
Neither is a TC
Neither is a Civic Si

Notice the UN-biased "Neither is a tC" in there. I don't think it's fast either in stock form. But again, ANYTHING can be made to go fast. So, just because I drive a Scion (which you do too), don't tell me I can't be fast. And bro, I've only had the Z 3 months. You think it's going to be boosted already....I'm good money wise, but I'm not rich. You talk as if somehow I'm not good enough because I drive a 350Z, yet you drive an xB....I don't get it.

I know you will just come back and say, you wasn't talking down on the Z. But your tone in the message seems to come across that way. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 08-24-2006, 05:35 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke

And you my friend can find some selfesteem and go back to which you came. As the old saying goes, "Can't stand the heat, get the hell out the Kitchen". I only fire when fired upon, to which me and Killerx have a history of verbal sparring.

PS....I go to the track to... Everything you quoted me saying, is in RESPONSE to someone elses bad mouthing. I never start ****, I usually just finish them.

Do I really need to go back over to the RSX forum and start quoting people over there.

"TC = Slow"

Don't give me that BS! I only talk ****, when ****'s being talked. Show me where I was NOT responding to someone elses BS post! Don't quote me unless your quoting the post I'm responding to bro. Don't get it twisted.
well you're not really grown up then, who cares if ppl bash the TC... why dont you just let them talk and show them wassup in a race... I dont really care when ppl talk ____ about cars cuz a car is just a car. sure i drive an rsx-s but i recommend the tc all the time to friends looking to get a new car honestly. The Tc as i see it is the best bang for the buck. But stock for stock which car handles better the rsx-s, which car is faster rsx-s but that is because it should sicne it costs fuc*in 25k out the door (thats what most ppl pay). and the tc vs the base rsx is a drivers race.... ppl are immature it doesn't mean you have to be immature as well. Cmon' now you make enough money to buy a 350z so why even bother talking sh*t still i mean you are grown up aren't you? i just had to respond to your comments because you seemed like you were disillusioned by the ectasy of your tc or something... but seriously bro when ppl talk ____ just let ur car talk for itself. thats all i have to say.
Old 08-24-2006, 05:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

"Racing a honda is like running in the special olympics, even if you win, you're still retarded."

my favorite quote...
Old 08-24-2006, 06:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Again rythmn, if you know something i don't as far as knowledge, please tell me. I don't know much about f/i, i know enough to hold conversation but most of my experience is all motor, so please, share your knowledge instead of arguing with me all the time.

So, your not good at racing so you can hang with a high 14 second car when you were some what low 15's? Of course, talking about the Si vs. you race you mentioned. Either the driver sucked, or you are better than you want people to believe.

If someone mentioned a honda on these boards, i could care less. Its what honda they are mentioning beating given their mods. I'm sure you did beat a s2k, i believe that. Would i believe that before your turbo set up, no. And no, no honda is fast that i mentioned except the nsx. However, around the corners they all would kill a tC. When have i ever said they were fast? You need to quit putting words in my mouth, because faster than and fast are two different things. Yes, i drive a xb because i perfer cornering. Yes i know, you don't believe what i've done, fine. Not my problem, i've proven over and over what the xb is done, and i'm currently proving people wrong again with a all motor set up instead of going turbo. When have i said you have to be good enough for whatever? Everyone is equal, no one is better than anyone else. Sure skill wise, people can be better or worse. You missed my point completely. The way you come off in your post, you come off as this huge ego, little brain, Godly figure of racing. Wether you see that or not, its true.

Oh and about people talking crap. You talk just as much crap, i'm almost always quoting you when i say something to you. Then you start quoting me. Sure, we go way back with the debating and aruging thing, i seriously wish we could just get along and see eye to eye on things rather than wasting forums off and on. But it seems impossible with the way you come off. Who knows, maybe i come off as a jackass as well. I dont know, i don't intend on it if i do and since i've never heard you admit defeat (aka being wrong) or admit you might sound like a jackass, i believe you are a jackass since the way you come off.

I have never told you how to own your car, could, would, and should perform. Yeah your right, i don't own one. But guess what? I've seen enough in person and videos to make judgements. I have personally seen the internals, rods, and so forth of the 2az in the tC from friends helping them break down the motor. I have personally raced a few in autocross, i have personally raced one in the 1/4. And the ones i've beat, none have had a problem with it. But when you hear that, you go into "oh my god, a xb can't beat the tc. neither can this or this." So you are just as guilty to play down a scion.

And sorry for getting the swap mixed up, i've been drinking tonight and i may have gotten more mixed up. I apologize for that. I'm not taking it seriously, but after drinks you tend to forget or mix things. I do at least.

And you do assume you can beat his rsx. "interesting. I still say i can take you in my Z..." And before that, you were trying to make an excuse for why the 350 lost based on vdc. When you found out they made several runs, with and without vdc you say well, i say i can still take you. How is that NOT assuming you can beat him? Why can't you just say good kill? If that rsx was a tC you wouldn't have said much. Don't tell me you would have said the same thing because you know as well as i do you wouldn't have said the same thing.

I'm done, i think if i kept going i'd just start talking about nothing.
Old 08-24-2006, 02:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

"TC = Slow"

well you're not really grown up then, who cares if ppl bash the TC... why dont you just let them talk and show them wassup in a race... I dont really care when ppl talk poop about cars cuz a car is just a car. sure i drive an rsx-s but i recommend the tc all the time to friends looking to get a new car honestly. The Tc as i see it is the best bang for the buck. But stock for stock which car handles better the rsx-s, which car is faster rsx-s but that is because it should sicne it costs fuc*in 25k out the door (thats what most ppl pay). and the tc vs the base rsx is a drivers race.... ppl are immature it doesn't mean you have to be immature as well. Cmon' now you make enough money to buy a 350z so why even bother talking sh*t still i mean you are grown up aren't you? i just had to respond to your comments because you seemed like you were disillusioned by the ectasy of your tc or something... but seriously bro when ppl talk poop just let ur car talk for itself. thats all i have to say.

Point well taken. I'll shake your hand on that one. It's just it gets real old when people try to bad mouth you just because "It's a Scion". They give no other reason besides that, and it's just annoying as hell. So, from now on, I'll Just brush my shoulders off with it all.
Old 08-24-2006, 02:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Again rythmn, if you know something i don't as far as knowledge, please tell me. I don't know much about f/i, i know enough to hold conversation but most of my experience is all motor, so please, share your knowledge instead of arguing with me all the time.

I rarely see you over in the F/I section for tC's. Stop by sometime.

So, your not good at racing so you can hang with a high 14 second car when you were some what low 15's? Of course, talking about the Si vs. you race you mentioned. Either the driver sucked, or you are better than you want people to believe.

I wouldn't consider myself a good driver. That's just me.

However, around the corners they all would kill a tC.

This is more heavily influenced on the drivers skill, not the car that is driven.

The way you come off in your post, you come off as this huge ego, little brain, Godly figure of racing. Wether you see that or not, its true.
I think your reading to much into it. I don't go around challenging people, because I don't think I'm the fastest around. In fact, I KNOW I'm not that fast. All I race for, is just to prove that I'm taking our tC into a different direction.

Oh and about people talking crap. You talk just as much crap, i'm almost always quoting you when i say something to you. Then you start quoting me.

I'm pretty sure that I'm the one that quotes you first, because you on more than one occassion have said some really jacked up statements. I just spit it back at you in defense. Then we get into this verbal sparring like usual.

Sure, we go way back with the debating and aruging thing, i seriously wish we could just get along and see eye to eye on things rather than wasting forums off and on. But it seems impossible with the way you come off. Who knows, maybe i come off as a jackass as well. I dont know, i don't intend on it if i do and since i've never heard you admit defeat (aka being wrong) or admit you might sound like a jackass, i believe you are a jackass since the way you come off.
Honestly, I'm a pretty cool guy. I as cool as they come. It's just that I don't put up with crap. And when people start bad mouthing, I get in to set the record straight, by showing what I have been able to accomplish. Nothing more, Nothing less. If it's a professional conversation/post, I reply with one. If it's an a-hole post, I'll be an a-hole. I give out whatever the situation calls for. But I'm not in general....A Jacka$$..
Old 08-25-2006, 02:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well, i take these types of sites to be for enthusiasts & owners of that particular marquee. If someone doesn't like the car ( TC in this case ) that is the subject of most threads, say your 2 cents and move on as everyone has a right to voice an opinion. But after awhile, it really gets old to read all the venom dumped on us tc owners by those who do not own one( i half expect to hear Steve Austin narrate these threads--ok, sorry for the bad snake tie-in )...
Killerx, you can have your opinions, but you seem more then happy to jump in anywhere a thread/post is written about a tc's performance. We all understand you have a preference for the "H", so though you run an xb why not save all the H praise for their own pages? And to be fair, i'm sure i'd get slammed if i was constantly on the honda sites putting our tc over the Si/rsx....
I personally don't read these threads to see who gets the better dig against another, but rather to gain some knowledge for what we can do with our car. These sights weren't around for us old school guys, so once we can get thru all the crap they can still be of help to an owner...
My daughter has good friends who are honda luvers ( one with an s2k, a couple more with nice hatches ) but they still give my wife's tc props whether it can beat their car or not. Why does that seem to be such a hard concept? I wuz a chevy guy in the day, and though we ribbed each other, if someone built a nice ride they deserved a thumbs up regardless if it was ford/mopar/amc.....
sorry for the ramble, not trying to incite anything, just dumping 2 cents into the pail...
Old 08-25-2006, 03:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Basstrack17
well, i take these types of sites to be for enthusiasts & owners of that particular marquee. If someone doesn't like the car ( TC in this case ) that is the subject of most threads, say your 2 cents and move on as everyone has a right to voice an opinion. But after awhile, it really gets old to read all the venom dumped on us tc owners by those who do not own one( i half expect to hear Steve Austin narrate these threads--ok, sorry for the bad snake tie-in )...
Killerx, you can have your opinions, but you seem more then happy to jump in anywhere a thread/post is written about a tc's performance. We all understand you have a preference for the "H", so though you run an xb why not save all the H praise for their own pages? And to be fair, i'm sure i'd get slammed if i was constantly on the honda sites putting our tc over the Si/rsx....
I personally don't read these threads to see who gets the better dig against another, but rather to gain some knowledge for what we can do with our car. These sights weren't around for us old school guys, so once we can get thru all the crap they can still be of help to an owner...
My daughter has good friends who are honda luvers ( one with an s2k, a couple more with nice hatches ) but they still give my wife's tc props whether it can beat their car or not. Why does that seem to be such a hard concept? I wuz a chevy guy in the day, and though we ribbed each other, if someone built a nice ride they deserved a thumbs up regardless if it was ford/mopar/amc.....
sorry for the ramble, not trying to incite anything, just dumping 2 cents into the pail...
Honestly i see what you are saying. But no one else steps up and says hey, plausable but doubtful. Or hey, thats just wrong. Too many noobs here that just gobble it up. Sure, people hate me for it. And sure, i've been proven wrong before. But hey, usually i do give important information that people take and kind of give the story, or kill, or win, another look.

I know most hate me or dislike me for what i say, and i have no problem with that. But when people talk about how a basic modded tc can run 14's..and i do mean basic mods, don't you think someone should step and and give another aspect on it? And usually i'm the one that comes in. Maybe people dislike that cause i don't drive a tc, or i'm not bais. I understand the tC can make power, and understand its potential. But too many people guess at what _____'s tc can do, or assume way too much without looking at it on both sides. I feel i do that. The only reason why i am found to be so negative is because usually people compare the tc to a better performing car without going into much detail.

"I smoked a 250whp ____ today" Okay, well what mods do you have? "i/h/e crank pulley, and 18's" Okay, you are full of crap or you didn't race them. Get my drift?
Old 08-25-2006, 04:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Unless it was a 250whp honda, then it's plausable becuz the huge spoiler and all the stickers weigh it down. Plus by the time V-tech kicks in, the race is over.
Old 08-25-2006, 06:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by flintgauge86
Unless it was a 250whp honda, then it's plausable becuz the huge spoiler and all the stickers weigh it down. Plus by the time V-tech kicks in, the race is over.
Anything unless it weighs 3,500lbs with 250whp would smoke a tc with that. Yeah, i got your joke it just wasn't that funny or original. Then again, i guess it is funny counting a lot of people here believe vvt-i has a set rpm that it engauges like v-tec.
Old 08-25-2006, 03:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

I know most hate me or dislike me for what i say, and i have no problem with that. But when people talk about how a basic modded tc can run 14's..and i do mean basic mods, don't you think someone should step and and give another aspect on it?

To me BASIC mods = I/H/E/crank pulley. To me, those are basic mods. And THOSE mods WILL get you into the 14's, if you know how to drive. High 14's, but 14's nonetheless.

And the "someone stepping in and giving another aspect on it" does not include calling people a liar. Hence the reason why I, 99% of the time get my stuff on vid, because I knew I would have to contend with the "Someone stepping in and giving another aspect on it" type people.....who 9 times out of 10 Do NOT own the car that they are commenting on. :?
Old 08-25-2006, 08:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I know most hate me or dislike me for what i say, and i have no problem with that. But when people talk about how a basic modded tc can run 14's..and i do mean basic mods, don't you think someone should step and and give another aspect on it?

To me BASIC mods = I/H/E/crank pulley. To me, those are basic mods. And THOSE mods WILL get you into the 14's, if you know how to drive. High 14's, but 14's nonetheless.

And the "someone stepping in and giving another aspect on it" does not include calling people a liar. Hence the reason why I, 99% of the time get my stuff on vid, because I knew I would have to contend with the "Someone stepping in and giving another aspect on it" type people.....who 9 times out of 10 Do NOT own the car that they are commenting on. :?
Okay, not to argue and not to start anything with you. But do you happen to have a video of a i/h/e crank tC doing 14s? I haven't seen it. The only thing i've seen is a basic s/c set up running 14.8 and that yeilds more power than those mods. So unless you can show me a basic tc set up doing that, i'm not beliving that because i haven't seen it.
Old 08-25-2006, 08:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Okay, not to argue and not to start anything with you. But do you happen to have a video of a i/h/e crank tC doing 14s? I haven't seen it. The only thing i've seen is a basic s/c set up running 14.8 and that yeilds more power than those mods. So unless you can show me a basic tc set up doing that, i'm not beliving that because i haven't seen it.

Is that a rhetorical question? Of course I have it on vid my man... And I'm not talking about a fluke run either. I'm talking about a consistent high 14's. Even we hit a high 14 with just an exhaust. I never claim it though, as it was a one time deal when the conditions were right. But yes, I have that one on vid as well.

You need to analyze the way the S/C makes power, and you need to analyze the way a N/A tC makes power. Compare dyno sheets and you can understand why the N/A tC can give a basic S/C tC a run for the money (which in return, makes the S/C look even worse in some peoples eyes, but it has it's place in the auto industry). If you would like for me to do the breakdown for you to explain why such can happen, I would be glad too.

PS...The N/A tC that was running high 14's had I/H/E/crank pulley, and dynoed 165+whp and 170ish wtQ on a DynoDynamic dyno machine. The S/C only tC dynoed 180ish whp on the same dyno during the same day. A 15hp difference can be made up by being a better driver than the S/C guy.

PSS..For a minute there, I think you forgot who you were talking to. I probably have the largest collection of Race videos in all of ScionLife. You know I don't say stuff I can't back up one way or the other.
Old 08-26-2006, 12:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Is that a rhetorical question? Of course I have it on vid my man... And I'm not talking about a fluke run either. I'm talking about a consistent high 14's. Even we hit a high 14 with just an exhaust. I never claim it though, as it was a one time deal when the conditions were right. But yes, I have that one on vid as well.

You need to analyze the way the S/C makes power, and you need to analyze the way a N/A tC makes power. Compare dyno sheets and you can understand why the N/A tC can give a basic S/C tC a run for the money (which in return, makes the S/C look even worse in some peoples eyes, but it has it's place in the auto industry). If you would like for me to do the breakdown for you to explain why such can happen, I would be glad too.

PS...The N/A tC that was running high 14's had I/H/E/crank pulley, and dynoed 165+whp and 170ish wtQ on a DynoDynamic dyno machine. The S/C only tC dynoed 180ish whp on the same dyno during the same day. A 15hp difference can be made up by being a better driver than the S/C guy.

PSS..For a minute there, I think you forgot who you were talking to. I probably have the largest collection of Race videos in all of ScionLife. You know I don't say stuff I can't back up one way or the other.
Okay, break it down in a PM or IM on aim. Since n/a isn't really a topic on this thread. As you know, most of my experience is n/a. And i've beat quite a few boosted cars with similar power output, however 15whp on the identical car with similar drivers seems far fetched. Again, i have yet to see a tC with four basic mods enter 14 second range, or heard about it, or even read about it anywhere. Now, of course, if the s/c guy made a minor error it can turn into a drivers race i know. However, the s/c car should be faster. Hell, a stock tc can beat a ferrari enzo if the enzo driver thought shifting at 2k rpm was racing.
Old 08-26-2006, 12:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Btw, neither do i, if i really cared that much i could bring up a good 50 tcs with basic mods that haven't entered 14's.
Old 08-26-2006, 12:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

other things to consider in any equations are location, climate conditions, skill, etc....you'll rarely see multiple magazines getting the same results out of the same car, let alone "private" owner/drivers who may or may not have a similar skill level.
I've beaten better cars with lesser drivers, and have had the same thing happen to me. I'd suspect this has happened to others out there as well.
We all place an importance on the "time" our cars are capable of, but in reality it's a figure to use for comparison, a goal to shoot for, and maybe a bit of bragging rights. Rarely in the past, even if on a track, did we watch the times during our runs--our goal was to beat another car, not his time. Not that we didn't pay attention to it, but it wasn't the most important item. A car can run 13.9, 14.05, 13.92, etc all day long. But does that 10th of a second feel any different on the street?
For me it really boils down to this: Two cars line up, the light drops, and one car wins. Winner goes home with a smile, loser with a list of items to tweak for the next time.
The last thing someone should have to do is either prove that they beat a certain ride, or find an excuse why they didn't.
Let's keep a positive spin on these things.... though they have a lot of money and work invested in them, they are just cars....
Sorry, my rambling buzzer just went off, obviously a sign of old age.

Quick Reply: beat rsx type-s with S/C?