Autosports & Technique
General driving and racing...

beat rsx type-s with S/C?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 05:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow that low for a bone stock, no trd at all, well ill prob go this weekend to the track, try and run that 15.5
Old 08-30-2006, 05:12 PM
web
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That's with perfect launch, shift and what not. I really wouldn't expect to run that the first few times, especially if you're still trying to get used the the computer drive system. Good luck though.
Old 08-30-2006, 06:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah the tc transmission is way different from the last mt that ive drove b4 the tc, when i took my kia too track just for fun (no flaming me) but i was getting .6-.7 launches, and what are u talkin bout computer drive system
Old 08-30-2006, 06:23 PM
web
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No cable connected to the gas pedal. It's controlled by your ECU. That's why there's a lag when you smash the pedal.
Old 08-30-2006, 06:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ohh wow i was always wondering y it did that, thanks alot
Old 08-30-2006, 06:31 PM
web
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, the clutch is mechanical (hydrolic) and the gas is driven by the ECU. There's always going to be a slight delay when the computer has to read through it's fuel maps depending upon gas pedal pressure.
Old 08-31-2006, 07:17 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by erric1234
sorry bout that i meant 16.2 but i left the time slips at my friends house but it was a bad reaction which was a 1.0??? usually i get .6??? so if i could have got my ave time i could have got 15.5-15.8, it was a long day, ill prob go back to the track this weekend
16.2 not bad for your first time. reaction time doesn't effect your et, there is an invisible beam in front of your tire. once crossed, your time will start. on a side note, i have a ton of friends in san antonio with rsx bases/type-s and s2ks. if you ever want to run any of them (modded/stock) just let me know and i'll call them up. i haven't been to SAR in awhile. when it gets cooler i'll start tracking again.

texas weather owns me
Old 09-01-2006, 12:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by killerxromances
Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
I know most hate me or dislike me for what i say, and i have no problem with that. But when people talk about how a basic modded tc can run 14's..and i do mean basic mods, don't you think someone should step and and give another aspect on it?

To me BASIC mods = I/H/E/crank pulley. To me, those are basic mods. And THOSE mods WILL get you into the 14's, if you know how to drive. High 14's, but 14's nonetheless.

And the "someone stepping in and giving another aspect on it" does not include calling people a liar. Hence the reason why I, 99% of the time get my stuff on vid, because I knew I would have to contend with the "Someone stepping in and giving another aspect on it" type people.....who 9 times out of 10 Do NOT own the car that they are commenting on. :?
Okay, not to argue and not to start anything with you. But do you happen to have a video of a i/h/e crank tC doing 14s? I haven't seen it. The only thing i've seen is a basic s/c set up running 14.8 and that yeilds more power than those mods. So unless you can show me a basic tc set up doing that, i'm not beliving that because i haven't seen it.

Sorry for the late post, but I've been hella busy at work, and when I get home I didn't feel like looking at the computer...lol. But I finally got around to going through my archives and cutting out the runs in the video. Here are those 14 sec runs in a BASIC modded tC.

Click here to watch 14sec-Runs

I am also pointing you to this thread of another tC only a few 10ths of a sec away from hitting 14's in the 1/4th, and he has less mods than the tC in the video.

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...548&highlight=

I don't usually say "I told you so"......BUUUUUTTTT....I TOLD YOU SO!
Old 09-01-2006, 02:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I know most hate me or dislike me for what i say, and i have no problem with that. But when people talk about how a basic modded tc can run 14's..and i do mean basic mods, don't you think someone should step and and give another aspect on it?

To me BASIC mods = I/H/E/crank pulley. To me, those are basic mods. And THOSE mods WILL get you into the 14's, if you know how to drive. High 14's, but 14's nonetheless.

And the "someone stepping in and giving another aspect on it" does not include calling people a liar. Hence the reason why I, 99% of the time get my stuff on vid, because I knew I would have to contend with the "Someone stepping in and giving another aspect on it" type people.....who 9 times out of 10 Do NOT own the car that they are commenting on. :?
Okay, not to argue and not to start anything with you. But do you happen to have a video of a i/h/e crank tC doing 14s? I haven't seen it. The only thing i've seen is a basic s/c set up running 14.8 and that yeilds more power than those mods. So unless you can show me a basic tc set up doing that, i'm not beliving that because i haven't seen it.

Sorry for the late post, but I've been hella busy at work, and when I get home I didn't feel like looking at the computer...lol. But I finally got around to going through my archives and cutting out the runs in the video. Here are those 14 sec runs in a BASIC modded tC.

I am also pointing you to this thread of another tC only a few 10ths of a sec away from hitting 14's in the 1/4th, and he has less mods than the tC in the video.

If those are just basically modded, makes me wonder why you don't see more s/c'd tcs in the 13's.
Old 09-01-2006, 04:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

If those are just basically modded, makes me wonder why you don't see more s/c'd tcs in the 13's.

That's because a N/A tC can keep up with a S/C (only) tC. The guys with modded S/C tC's are running like low 14's to 14 flat. Yet to hit a 13. Beats me bro. It also has a lot to do with the way the S/C makes it's power. Hypothetically speaking, lets say you have a 200hp N/A tC, and you have a 200hp S/C tC. I am willing to bet that the N/A tC will have more tQ than the S/C one. I just wish the S/C made it's power differently.
Old 09-01-2006, 04:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That's because a N/A tC can keep up with a S/C (only) tC. The guys with modded S/C tC's are running like low 14's to 14 flat. Yet to hit a 13. Beats me bro. It also has a lot to do with the way the S/C makes it's power. Hypothetically speaking, lets say you have a 200hp N/A tC, and you have a 200hp S/C tC. I am willing to bet that the N/A tC will have more tQ than the S/C one. I just wish the S/C made it's power differently.
i'm talking about these 230whp s/cd tcs. Oh well, thanks for the videos. I hate the the s/c to begin with so it figures.
Old 09-01-2006, 12:52 PM
web
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't know about that b/c the S/C will give you that torque demand almost instantly. Just like racing my buddies Cobalt SS S/C, he's at 200 hp and 200 tq and that torque curve is instantaneous for him but yet our tCs have to build it up around 4K. Off the start, the S/C tC would get us and as for the rest of the race, if the NA driver has great shifting and upgraded clutch, he/she may have a chance of catching the S/C tC but not beating it. IMO from racing my friend's S/C Cobalt.
Old 09-15-2006, 04:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by web
I don't know about that b/c the S/C will give you that torque demand almost instantly. Just like racing my buddies Cobalt SS S/C, he's at 200 hp and 200 tq and that torque curve is instantaneous for him but yet our tCs have to build it up around 4K. Off the start, the S/C tC would get us and as for the rest of the race, if the NA driver has great shifting and upgraded clutch, he/she may have a chance of catching the S/C tC but not beating it. IMO from racing my friend's S/C Cobalt.

You have to look at the dyno charts. The S/C does not reach full hp until RedLine. A N/A tC is going to hit full HP before RedLine (some defined RPM), and then start dropping as it nears RedLine (someone correct me if I'm wrong). This Peak HP Before RedLine will give the N/A setup an advantage over the guy with the S/C.
Old 09-15-2006, 06:14 PM
web
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have not seen how the tC S/C does but the one in the Cobalt is amazingly responsive. My friend will be at 5 lbs. boost at 3K and hit max (i think around 7-8 ) around 5500 rpm. That's a lot faster than the tC NA setup power band. I can hold with him from 1st-mid/end of 3rd and then he slowly starts to pull. There's no real drastic loss, but he definately wins in the overall by a length. I've got the NA setup.
Old 09-15-2006, 06:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by web
I have not seen how the tC S/C does but the one in the Cobalt is amazingly responsive. My friend will be at 5 lbs. boost at 3K and hit max (i think around 7-8 ) around 5500 rpm. That's a lot faster than the tC NA setup power band. I can hold with him from 1st-mid/end of 3rd and then he slowly starts to pull. There's no real drastic loss, but he definately wins in the overall by a length. I've got the NA setup.

Sounds like you are doing good things with your N/A setup.
Old 09-15-2006, 06:37 PM
web
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks. It does seem to be very responsive and my friend was surprised at how it stayed with him. I knew I would either be neck and neck or lose by at most a length. He was definately impressed so I guess I can live with that for now
Old 09-18-2006, 09:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow this a good forum