Autosports & Technique
General driving and racing...

GOT BEATEN BY A COROLLA!!!!??!

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 06:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the corollas are so much lighter than our cars...
Old 06-02-2006, 07:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You can easily debadge an XRS, and yes, they make a TRD supercharger for the S model. You find them more on the base model Matrix(the s/c), but it's the same engine.

Anyway, just goes to show, not every modded car on the road is "all show"
Don't judge a book by it's cover (or in this case, it's cheezy license plate frame)

-THE DON
Old 06-02-2006, 07:29 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by EnderSavesTheDay
the corollas are so much lighter than our cars...
Wow, My wife owns a corolla and I saw this statement and was sure you were wrong.

But I looked it up....And the Corolla is 400lbs lighter than the tC. That really surprises me. The XRS has 164 hp. So yeah its a deffinet kill. The Regualr corolla has 124hp so the tc should win there.
Old 06-02-2006, 08:11 PM
5 Year Member

well my best friend has a corolla xrs and he can smoke a lot of cars. remember horsepower is not everything. i have a celica gts and i can smoke many cars also that have well over 200 and 250+ horsepower. it all depends on the driver, weight, things like that. My buddy and i have raced many tc's with and without trd packages and they don't stand a chance. my buddy also has a nitrus injection stamp by his xrs logo and that gets people trying to race him all the time. he of course does not have nitrous. like said before, don't judge a book by its cover. by the way the corolla s is pretty quick though, they are geared a little different than the xrs but still pretty quick.
Old 06-02-2006, 08:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Team ScioNRG
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

still think they are junk
Old 06-02-2006, 08:18 PM
5 Year Member

i used to have a corolla s 04, before i bought my tc i also had the aem cai but theyr pretty slow i beat couple acuras and civics
Old 06-02-2006, 08:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

actually dont forget the Corolla 03+ also have TRD SC available....

there are tons of parts of those as well I used to own an 03 Silver S....

a NA 03+ rolla can easly get between 160-180 whp....from 130 stock HP.....so dont feel too bad...to behonest i used to love that car....you can see it on my cardomain still....

w/ intake/exhaust set up it got really decent gains...add pullies into the equation, header...that car can get pretty ballsy for a 4 cyl 1.8 liter engine...and if im not mistaken since i cant remember they are even slight ly lighter than us TC's...
Old 06-02-2006, 09:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Maybe you should go to Corolla's forums and search "I smoke a Scion tc today" thread, you may know what happened
Old 06-02-2006, 09:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Smallz
well my best friend has a corolla xrs and he can smoke a lot of cars. remember horsepower is not everything. i have a celica gts and i can smoke many cars also that have well over 200 and 250+ horsepower. it all depends on the driver, weight, things like that. My buddy and i have raced many tc's with and without trd packages and they don't stand a chance. my buddy also has a nitrus injection stamp by his xrs logo and that gets people trying to race him all the time. he of course does not have nitrous. like said before, don't judge a book by its cover. by the way the corolla s is pretty quick though, they are geared a little different than the xrs but still pretty quick.
If by TRD Package you mean supercharged, then you wouldnt stand a chance. A TRD Supercharged tC would kill a GT-S with minor bolt-ons. At anyrate, there is no such thing as a TRD Package for the tC.
Old 06-02-2006, 10:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It was the license plate frame. If that says AEM on it that's a guaranteed 35hp gain at the wheels
Old 06-03-2006, 12:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

You should've flagged him down after your runs and found out what he had going on under the hood.
Old 06-03-2006, 01:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Um, guys the tc is far from the fastest thing on the road. Its far from the fastest Toyota on the road, and i am talking about new toyotas not just old. The 2.4l have gone to some of your brains it sounds like, that and having pretty much the same torque as hp.

1. Corolla is much lighter
2. Similar powered, slightly more powered with the xrs
3. Stock for stock, a s with equal drivers will keep up with your tc.
4. stock for stock, equal xrs driver will beat you.

I mean, i'll even you scions as an example. A 100whp on a xb manual, and the xb will be able to keep up with a stock tc. from a roll, a xb will beat the stock tc. with the autos, 90whp will beat a auto tc from a roll, and fairly keep up with one from a stop.

You guys always forget your car in stock form runs 15.8+ on average (yes, do realize some run faster) and have 3,000lbs+ to pull with a driver.
Old 06-03-2006, 01:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by 06SuperWhite_SoCal_tC
If by TRD Package you mean supercharged, then you wouldnt stand a chance. A TRD Supercharged tC would kill a GT-S with minor bolt-ons. At anyrate, there is no such thing as a TRD Package for the tC.
I've seen stock stock celica GTS run 14.8's... and I have seen IHE ones run 13 .9's
I haven't been to the track in forever to know what the supercharged tc's can REALLY run with a good driver...

Most supercharged owners I know have too much money with not enough seat time...

it's about driver and power to weight, not numbers on a dynograph...

I liked the xrs fopr the longest time... the first year they made them they had over 170 hp... slowly they are swapping the power for torque...

supercharged or an xrs... I think he was toying with you...

people feel more torque and instantly think the car is moving faster...
Old 06-03-2006, 01:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by oneslowxa
Originally Posted by 06SuperWhite_SoCal_tC
I've seen stock stock celica GT's run 14.8's... and I have seen IHE ones run 13 .9's
I haven't been to the track in forever to know what the supercharged tc's can REALLY run with a good driver...

Most supercharged owners I know have too much money with not enough seat time...

it's about driver and power to weight, not numbers on a dynograph...

I liked the xrs fopr the longest time... the first year they made them they had over 170 hp... slowly they are swapping the power for torque...

supercharged or an xrs... I think he was toying with you...

people feel more torque and instantly think the car is moving faster...
Well said! At least someone else here can think openly... Although, i think you mean the gt-s, not the gt.
Old 06-03-2006, 01:19 AM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 06-03-2006, 02:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

whatever it was, I stayed on him, he didnt pull away from me any more than about half a car lenght, still it was pretty bad. Oh well
Old 06-03-2006, 02:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Why are you embarassed to be beat by a corolla? Because you have the big camry engine and all.
Old 06-03-2006, 05:17 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by killerxromances
Um, guys the tc is far from the fastest thing on the road. Its far from the fastest Toyota on the road, and i am talking about new toyotas not just old. The 2.4l have gone to some of your brains it sounds like, that and having pretty much the same torque as hp.

1. Corolla is much lighter
2. Similar powered, slightly more powered with the xrs
3. Stock for stock, a s with equal drivers will keep up with your tc.
4. stock for stock, equal xrs driver will beat you.

I mean, i'll even you scions as an example. A 100whp on a xb manual, and the xb will be able to keep up with a stock tc. from a roll, a xb will beat the stock tc. with the autos, 90whp will beat a auto tc from a roll, and fairly keep up with one from a stop.

You guys always forget your car in stock form runs 15.8+ on average (yes, do realize some run faster) and have 3,000lbs+ to pull with a driver.
killer, I am sorry but i own both. That means you can take driver experience and all out of it. My tC when stock was deffinetly faster than my corolla. Its no question no doubt nothing. I dont have the XRS. And the CE is the same performance as the S.

Again, I have both, and my Corolla is not near as fast as the stock tC.
Old 06-03-2006, 05:19 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

There ya go. I can guarantee that the tC is faster with the same driver in both. I drove the corolla for 3 years in italy on the autobahn. I KNOW WHAT IT WILL DO!!

Old 06-03-2006, 07:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

1) if it was an S, it was S/C

2) it could have really been an XRS

3) You can't drive as good as you would like to think you could. (don't worry, sometimes #3 bites me in the a$$)

Quick Reply: GOT BEATEN BY A COROLLA!!!!??!