Notices
Autosports & Technique
General driving and racing...

got smoked by a 2007 civic si..

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 06:45 AM

Correct it has been, problem is stock and bolt ons the Si is still slightly faster minus the driver, if the driver is equal the Si is still faster. torque is great for the start but your gonna need it throughout the rpm band. The tC is a great car and F/I wise its amazing.
But at the tone bolt on and stock the Si has a lot of go.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:15 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i know it sounds weird but i dragged a civic si sedan with mine... 30-80mph;
a min later i was behind him like 2 car lenghts...

63mph (3rd gear)and i see his back drop and carbon shooting out his exhaust (stock btw), so i drop it(just for kicks n giggles) by the time i got to 116 mph, i was tailing him and he still couldn't pull away. Honest story...no bs

i have an '07 with just a drop-in filter. i have been fillin' up on 93octane since the first fill up. I easily walk on stock tCs.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:33 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

...another thing, all these vids of civics runnin 14.0- 14.2s... is buncha bs!!!

there is no way that a stock si is going that fast... a freakin' evo is 13.3...

SO UR TELLING ME THE SI IS .8 SECS SLOWER THAN AN EVO... THATS JUST BUNCHA BULISHT!!!

oh and btw my neighbour has a 07 tC supercharged... he takes on si, cobalt ss s/c, even my '04 camry V6 SE...

and you best believe me: the day a stock '07-'08 Si beats my SE V6... i'll give up my camry pinks to the guy, and buy a bicycle...
Old 12-17-2007, 03:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by I_HAVE_K20z3
tc with SC or TC

si with SC or TC

si still have more high end power....

And the tC will still have more low end torque. That and it doesn't have to wait till V-tec kicks in before it feels like you are driving fast...
Old 12-17-2007, 03:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by elohel
07 si sedan owner here.. i'm glad to finally see a place where people understand that a car with 160 HP isn't going to be as fast as a 200 hp car, even if it has a bit more torque.

TO the guy above me, get over the tc. I see you posting all over youtube about how comparable the TC is to an SI. the fact is you just saw a legit vid of an SI running a full second faster than the best time a TC will ever run.

The tc is a good car, I prolly wouldve gotten one if i wanted a coupe in all honesty. but the price differences aren't that much for what you get. i paid 19,700 and i got a fantastic trade-in deal for my car. for that little bit extra you get a more refined engine imo, better suspension, better gearing, and a better 'build' overall.

The TC is a good car, but it gets annoying when you see that odd TC owner like that rhytmsmoke guy saying that they're comparable in speed. they really aren't.

that being said, OP work on your driving and you could take an SI granted the driver was mediocre. I've seen several people running mid 15s in a bone stock SI, so it's not impossible.

LOL....it also ran nearly a full second faster than just about every Si out there. I call BS on the 14.1 completely stock. An 03 350z runs a best time of 13.7 but averages mostly 14.1. And it would walk an 07 Si stock vs stock. 14.7-14.8 is the SI's average time. Last time I checked a tC does 15.1. That's not a full second difference good sir. That must have been one HELLUVA track though for those times. Wonder what I could do on that same track. Low 13s in a bascially stock Z....

The Si is a good car, but the fanboys think it's leaps and bounds over a tC. I just happen to disagree.
Old 12-17-2007, 03:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by scionkidd
...another thing, all these vids of civics runnin 14.0- 14.2s... is buncha bs!!!

SO UR TELLING ME THE SI IS .8 SECS SLOWER THAN AN EVO... THATS JUST BUNCHA BULISHT!!!

oh and btw my neighbour has a 07 tC supercharged... he takes on si, cobalt ss s/c, even my '04 camry V6 SE...

and you best believe me: the day a stock '07-'08 Si beats my SE V6... i'll give up my camry pinks to the guy, and buy a bicycle...
I say BS on that 14.0 sec bone stock SI.. I mean yes a stock SI runs 15.0-15.2 sec on a good driver, some really good drivers get around 14.8.. But how much more an that guy be a better driver that he can shave of 1 sec of time from a pro/good driver.. So if he drives and practices a tc he can make the tc run 14.5 secs bone stock? lol BS video
Old 12-17-2007, 05:44 PM

Are you for real man? i have respect for the TC, I think it's a nice car. id even recommend my little sister get one. but a camry? LOL My SI would walk a V6 camry any day of the week.. those are not quick cars in the least, they're big and heavy and not even a single aspect of it is geared towards perfromance. it's all about being a comfortable family-sedan.
Old 12-17-2007, 05:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Trader
SL Member

i was originally looking to get an SI but Holman honda in FT lauderdale wouldnt budge $100 dollars from MSRP, and it wasnt even the color i wanted, and maroone honda in hollywood had one with navi and that war like $2000 more and it was a couple of months for another one, my brother got 500 off the price on his SI sedan and they wouldnt go anymore, we basically walked off and came back later for that price!

i think the tCs have lost their bang for buck, i see sticker price around 18.5k at several dealerships, i got mine for 17200, big difference me thinks!!

but yeah i paid around 4.5k less then my bro.... if i was to put 4.5k into my car...... he wouldnt even see me anymore!!
Old 12-17-2007, 05:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Are you for real man? i have respect for the TC, I think it's a nice car. id even recommend my little sister get one. but a camry? LOL My SI would walk a V6 camry any day of the week.. those are not quick cars in the least, they're big and heavy and not even a single aspect of it is geared towards perfromance. it's all about being a comfortable family-sedan.
Professionally driven, both cars are will run high 14's, low 15's. So stock, your Si will not smoke a Camry every day of the week, you'll be lucky to win by half a car length 3 out of 7 days a week.

Whoops, nevermind I thought it was the new Camry.
Old 12-17-2007, 06:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: got smoked by a 2007 civic si..

Originally Posted by martinezj_013
i got....

Ingen Intake
HKS Carbon Ti Exhaust
Unorthodox Pulley
Invidia Downpipe
Dc Headers
Tein S-tech
Greddy Rear Strut

He had Intake and Exhaust...why did he beat me????
cuz your an idiot... /thread
Old 12-17-2007, 06:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by TCpete
i got....

Ingen Intake
HKS Carbon Ti Exhaust
Unorthodox Pulley
Invidia Downpipe
Dc Headers
Tein S-tech
Greddy Rear Strut

Lol, way to put it easily. I can't stand threads like this, the tC wasn't made to go up against the Si, nor was the Si meant to go up against the tC. The tC is the BASE coupe model from Scion, the CIVIC EX is the BASE coupe model from Honda. The Si is the sports model, hence the name Si (Sport Injected). If there was a TRD tC from the factory (S/C, sway bars, springs and all the other stuff TRD offered), THEN you can compare the two vehicles respectively. Until the TRD tC comes out (which is never), the tC shouldn't be compared to the Si. I'd love to see some tC vs Civic EX threads, the car it was meant to go against, if that was the case, I'm pretty sure 15.7 1/4 mile will beat 17.1 ANY day of the week, with almost any driver. NOW /thread.
Old 12-17-2007, 06:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jaywhyy
Originally Posted by Ty_Max
Um isnt that thing supercharged...therefore damn right better beat you until you go f/i?
no....its not

honda and forced induction do not go together except in the aftermarket

goes to show you.....
That is not the first time I heard that. lol I heard that from my friends and the techs at the honda dealerships. With high compensation piston you can't run a lot of boost.
"hondas and forced induction do not go together"

OMG not another SI thread. lol
Old 12-17-2007, 09:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by CarbonXe
Originally Posted by TCpete
i got....

Ingen Intake
HKS Carbon Ti Exhaust
Unorthodox Pulley
Invidia Downpipe
Dc Headers
Tein S-tech
Greddy Rear Strut

Lol, way to put it easily. I can't stand threads like this, the tC wasn't made to go up against the Si, nor was the Si meant to go up against the tC. The tC is the BASE coupe model from Scion, the CIVIC EX is the BASE coupe model from Honda. The Si is the sports model, hence the name Si (Sport Injected). If there was a TRD tC from the factory (S/C, sway bars, springs and all the other stuff TRD offered), THEN you can compare the two vehicles respectively. Until the TRD tC comes out (which is never), the tC shouldn't be compared to the Si. I'd love to see some tC vs Civic EX threads, the car it was meant to go against, if that was the case, I'm pretty sure 15.7 1/4 mile will beat 17.1 ANY day of the week, with almost any driver. NOW /thread.

And then you would get the owners of Civic EX's saying the same thing. The tC was not meant to go up against a Civc EX. They would say that because the tC RAPES the EX model.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

i know it sounds weird but i dragged a civic si sedan with mine... 30-80mph;
a min later i was behind him like 2 car lenghts...

63mph (3rd gear)and i see his back drop and carbon shooting out his exhaust (stock btw), so i drop it(just for kicks n giggles) by the time i got to 116 mph, i was tailing him and he still couldn't pull away. Honest story...no bs

i have an '07 with just a drop-in filter. i have been fillin' up on 93octane since the first fill up. I easily walk on stock tCs.

You are aware....you are wasting a huge amount of money on gas...
Only thing you are doing is burning the gas with close to no horse power gain...
It only goes the other way...if you have a porsche and put in lower gas you will ef it up not make a car better by putting higher gas
Old 12-17-2007, 09:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The new Camry's (2007/200 with v6'sare quicker than the SI.
Old 12-17-2007, 10:19 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea bro im dead serious... NO OFFENSE I THINK SI IS A GREAT CAR its just not possible for the SI to walk my camry SE V6... just cant happen... i've taken a Z... and the SI is not faster than a Z...

and its a SE ... just go and look at how much of the stuff put in a SE is sport tuned... its a comfy sedan but kills an SI... in speed and handeling... also it has 240tq. more than a 100 ft.lb. on the SI

and the new SE V6... thats just out of an SI's league... there is no way!!! 0-60 on the new camry SE V6 is 6.1secs. the SI doesn't come close to it.
Old 12-17-2007, 10:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the new Camry SE runs a 14.5 stock, all-season tires, automatic transmission.
Old 12-17-2007, 10:26 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by blown_xa
the new Camry SE runs a 14.5 stock, all-season tires, automatic transmission.
thanks!!!! just proves my point even further!
Old 12-17-2007, 10:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
And then you would get the owners of Civic EX's saying the same thing. The tC was not meant to go up against a Civc EX. They would say that because the tC RAPES the EX model.
And? The Civic EX offers less than the tC, has less power, has worse handling, and is more expensive? So you're logic is "I have a Civic Ex and paid more than a tC and got smoked, what do I need to beat it?" The tC is an economy car, nothing more. /thread
Old 12-17-2007, 11:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by CarbonXe
Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
And? The Civic EX offers less than the tC, has less power, has worse handling, and is more expensive? So you're logic is "I have a Civic Ex and paid more than a tC and got smoked, what do I need to beat it?" The tC is an economy car, nothing more. /thread

Just saying, that would be their excuse. Civics are economy cars too, so who cares.

Quick Reply: got smoked by a 2007 civic si..