10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by scionkidd
Originally Posted by elohel
...another thing, all these vids of civics runnin 14.0- 14.2s... is buncha bs!!!

there is no way that a stock si is going that fast... a freakin' evo is 13.3...

SO UR TELLING ME THE SI IS .8 SECS SLOWER THAN AN EVO... THATS JUST BUNCHA BULISHT!!!

oh and btw my neighbour has a 07 tC supercharged... he takes on si, cobalt ss s/c, even my '04 camry V6 SE...

and you best believe me: the day a stock '07-'08 Si beats my SE V6... i'll give up my camry pinks to the guy, and buy a bicycle...
Are you for real man? i have respect for the TC, I think it's a nice car. id even recommend my little sister get one. but a camry? LOL My SI would walk a V6 camry any day of the week.. those are not quick cars in the least, they're big and heavy and not even a single aspect of it is geared towards perfromance. it's all about being a comfortable family-sedan.

yea bro im dead serious... NO OFFENSE I THINK SI IS A GREAT CAR its just not possible for the SI to walk my camry SE V6... just cant happen... i've taken a Z... and the SI is not faster than a Z...

Z driver must have sucked....lol. I assume you are talking about the 03-05 Z. Should be a good race though.
Old 12-18-2007, 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by chicotunner07
i was originally looking to get an SI but Holman honda in FT lauderdale wouldnt budge $100 dollars from MSRP, and it wasnt even the color i wanted, and maroone honda in hollywood had one with navi and that war like $2000 more and it was a couple of months for another one, my brother got 500 off the price on his SI sedan and they wouldnt go anymore, we basically walked off and came back later for that price!

i think the tCs have lost their bang for buck, i see sticker price around 18.5k at several dealerships, i got mine for 17200, big difference me thinks!!

but yeah i paid around 4.5k less then my bro.... if i was to put 4.5k into my car...... he wouldnt even see me anymore!!
I can understand that.. it's bs when someone won't come down on a price at all. What I did to get my SI quite cheaply (They had about 6 SI sedans on the lot) and I got the one color (white) that was in big demand for a cheap price. I strung them along about wanting to buy the car. Last few days of the month I made up this bs quote I got from another dealer and told them to match it or I was going with the other place. Long story short, got the SI for $19,600 along with $3,300 on my trade-in that they recently apraised at $2000 even.
Old 12-18-2007, 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by blown_xa
The new Camry's (2007/200 with v6'sare quicker than the SI.
He had an 04 Camry, though, not an 07. And I think an SI vs an 07+ camry would be a decent race
Old 12-18-2007, 01:59 AM

LISTEN !!! LISTEN !!! LISTEN !!! LISTEN !!!

all TC's with 160 hp stock cant beat 197 hp

WILL NOT BEAT AN stock Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Old 12-18-2007, 03:20 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Z driver must have sucked....lol. I assume you are talking about the 03-05 Z. Should be a good race though.
yea it was a 03 or sum.... the one with regular taillights. (you know how the new ones have led tails)
the driver was pretty good (even though he was setting the chrono on his driver detail guage)
Old 12-18-2007, 03:22 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by blown_xa
The new Camry's (2007/200 with v6'sare quicker than the SI.
He had an 04 Camry, though, not an 07. And I think an SI vs an 07+ camry would be a decent race
even an 04 camry SE V6 walks on an SI... i know cuz i own it!!! and honestly bro dont even talk about the 08 SE V6... i'll take an SI any day, any time. trust me... i have driven both
Old 12-18-2007, 03:35 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by I_HAVE_K20z3

ok i dont want a tC- Si war or sum... but the tC has 25tq more... its pretty embarrassing that it has 197 hp and a very low 137 tq.

today i raced my fifth Si... i have only lost one race with an Si- he had an 1/2 car length. all the other time Ive walked on a civic and once i raped one... must be the driver.

SO IN CONFLICT WITH YOUR QUOTE... A tC DOES BEAT AN Si... AT LEAST MINE DOES.
Old 12-18-2007, 03:42 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 12-18-2007, 03:46 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ HAHA LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!^^
Old 12-18-2007, 05:15 AM

ok i dont want a tC- Si war or sum... but the tC has 25tq more... its pretty embarrassing that it has 197 hp and a very low 137 tq.
You know, everyone is so quick to laugh at the SI's low torque, yet somehow everyone manages to look over the fact about how an SI can take a Cobalt SS/ion redline with has nearly 30 more WHP and a ton more torque.. and yes, even with your whopping 25 more tq, the SI will still murder a tc. Guess torque isn't that important eh?
Old 12-18-2007, 05:52 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by "elohel

and yes, even with your whopping 25 more tq, the SI will still murder a tc. Guess torque isn't that important eh?

bro u keep on arguing but Here's the truth... the Si DOES NOT MURDER A tC. yea I admit it may be a bumpers's length ahead sometimes. but u and ur honda buddies are talking like the Si is quickest thing on the road.
here's another kicker: An S/C tC will run laps around the Si.

im sorry im being that guy...but almost all of the boasting the Si is getting in this thread is just BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-18-2007, 02:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by gjpjr84
Originally Posted by martinezj_013
what more mods do i need to beat him?????

i really want too beat him cause he was saying my car is slow
maybe it is because you need to give me back the money you owe me.

I missed this post.
Old 12-18-2007, 02:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by I_HAVE_K20z3

Not in the 1/4 mile unless the driver is pretty crappy. But from 0-75mph (roughly the 1/8th mile), the tC has a chance if the driver is good. That's for the 06 and below SI. Not sure about the 07, I've never raced one.
Old 12-18-2007, 02:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

[quote=scionkidd]

and yes, even with your whopping 25 more tq, the SI will still murder a tc. Guess torque isn't that important eh?

bro u keep on arguing but Here's the truth... the Si DOES NOT MURDER A tC. yea I admit it may be a bumpers's length ahead sometimes. but u and ur honda buddies are talking like the Si is quickest thing on the road.

im sorry im being that guy...but almost all of the boasting the Si is getting in this thread is just BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When I had the stock supercharger(but I got some else under the hood now lol). I killed my boy's 07 SI when we was coming back from Nopi and beat some other dude's SI months ago. lol I think the SI are cool cars but they are not monster cars, Please don't hype up the SI more then what it is.
Old 12-18-2007, 02:59 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

[quote=cessblood]

When I had the stock supercharger(but I got some else under the hood now lol). I killed my boy's 07 SI when we was coming back from Nopi and beat some other dude's SI months ago. lol I think the SI are cool cars but they are not monster cars, Please don't hype up the SI more then what it is.
Thank you!!!
Old 12-18-2007, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by cessblood
Originally Posted by jaywhyy
Originally Posted by Ty_Max
Um isnt that thing supercharged...therefore damn right better beat you until you go f/i?
no....its not

honda and forced induction do not go together except in the aftermarket

goes to show you.....
That is not the first time I heard that. lol I heard that from my friends and the techs at the honda dealerships. With high compensation piston you can't run a lot of boost.
"hondas and forced induction do not go together"

OMG not another SI thread. lol

No way "high compensation pistons"? What are " high compensation pistons"?
Old 12-18-2007, 06:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

[quote="Asif22"

No way "high compensation pistons"? What are " high compensation pistons"?[/quote]

Lol, I wanted to say something, but I didn't want to make the kid feel like a tool, atleast he knew Hondas + boost = bad.
Old 12-18-2007, 07:13 PM

Sorry man, it's a lot more than a 'bumper's length'. Anytime I see a TC on the highway and we gun it, the SI pulls on it hard from 50-80, which is where I let off.

A S/C TC does not run laps around an SI lol.. at best they're more or less even, which is pathetic for a F/I car in general. A S/C TC puts out less power than a S/C coballt SS and I can take those (I ran a 14.7 stock vs two cobalt SS"s runing a 14.9 stock and a 15.0 stock). A Cobalt SS puts out about 220 WHP, which is at least more than 20 WHP more than your TC would, but they have no means of getting the power to the ground. That's where the SI's weak torque comes into play. I can gun it and the tires won't break loose, but it'll pull well.

By no means do I think the SI is god's gift, but it's getting annoying seeing all these weak and moderately slow cars thinking they can hang with a moderately quick SI. It just doesn't happen.
Old 12-18-2007, 07:20 PM

[quote=CarbonXe]
Originally Posted by "Asif22"

No way "high compensation pistons"? What are " high compensation pistons"?[/quote

Lol, I wanted to say something, but I didn't want to make the kid feel like a tool, atleast he knew Hondas + boost = bad.
lol yea its true, I have an si and they do have high comp. pistons, which isn't good for boost. If I were to go boost I would definetly change that out.
Old 12-18-2007, 07:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Sorry man, it's a lot more than a 'bumper's length'. Anytime I see a TC on the highway and we gun it, the SI pulls on it hard from 50-80, which is where I let off.

A S/C TC does not run laps around an SI lol.. at best they're more or less even, which is pathetic for a F/I car in general. A S/C TC puts out less power than a S/C coballt SS and I can take those (I ran a 14.7 stock vs two cobalt SS"s runing a 14.9 stock and a 15.0 stock). A Cobalt SS puts out about 220 WHP, which is at least more than 20 WHP more than your TC would, but they have no means of getting the power to the ground. That's where the SI's weak torque comes into play. I can gun it and the tires won't break loose, but it'll pull well.

By no means do I think the SI is god's gift, but it's getting annoying seeing all these weak and moderately slow cars thinking they can hang with a moderately quick SI. It just doesn't happen.
I hope you understand that the Cobalt is running 11psi from the factory with that charger, the tC is running 7.5? 8.5? (not sure on the actual number, but I know it's below 10). Plus the tC with the supercharger shouldn't be compared number wise to the Cobalt SS. The Cobalt SS isn't just a Cobalt with a S/C bolted on, it has a modified exhaust system and is tuned directly from the factory. The tC is putting out only 20 less HP, on about 2-3 less lbs of boost, plus with a ____ty re-flash. A tC with an 11lb pulley and exhaust system will put about 230 to the wheels, 25-30 more than the Cobalt puts to the wheels.

And I guarantee people on Srt-4, 350Z, Evo..etc forums are saying the same thing about people with Si's trying to mess with them, ain't going to happen, just like that bone stock Si running a 14.2 or w/e, biggest amount of bull____ I've ever seen on the internet.

Also, don't talk about factory F/I cars having low numbers, they're F/I for 1 reason, a slight increase in power while still maintaining reliability. You're so proud of your Honda with its 197hp, little do you know, Honda tunes their vehicles more than any other manufacturer, and they tune for only HP. That's why you've got 11:1 compression pistons and perfectly tuned cams. They literally squeeze as much HP out of those engines while still meeting emissions standards and keeping it reliable.

Quick Reply: got smoked by a 2007 civic si..