Autosports & Technique
General driving and racing...

got smoked by a 2007 civic si..

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 08:03 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

the stock tC s/c is only at 7psi, and thats near redline and on a good day. on the safest weak stock tune probably imaginable too keep it reliable for as many years possible.
so much room in the stock setup you can run 9.5 lb boost and a bpv that doesnt suck on the stock tune with no problems.
Old 12-18-2007, 08:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Oh ok, even less than I thought, so in reality that's only about 4-5lbs of boost after you add in the fact that the S/C puts a strain on the engine.
Old 12-18-2007, 08:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Asif22
Originally Posted by CarbonXe

No way "high compensation pistons"? What are " high compensation pistons"?
Lol, I wanted to say something, but I didn't want to make the kid feel like a tool, atleast he knew Hondas + boost = bad..
lol yea its true, I have an si and they do have high comp. pistons, which isn't good for boost. If I were to go boost I would definetly change that out.
Yeah I'm glad someone knows about his car.

I guess CarbonXe is the real tool huh?
Old 12-18-2007, 08:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by gjpjr84
the stock tC s/c is only at 7psi, and thats near redline and on a good day. on the safest weak stock tune probably imaginable too keep it reliable for as many years possible.
so much room in the stock setup you can run 9.5 lb boost and a bpv that doesnt suck on the stock tune with no problems.
it's true TRD tuned holds back the supercharger a lot. With the TRD tune for the a supercharged tC will loose 15hp-20hp. So yeah it's safest weak stock tune
Old 12-18-2007, 08:20 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

the s/c housing is also supposed to be able to handle up to 20lb of boost but you can only make a pulley so small and engine can spin it only so fast. i doubt you could get close to it.

and theoretically you could change out the turbine housing to the next level up offered by vortech and that one has a higher compressing turbine, and can handle liek 30 or something i dont remember the specifics.
i do wonder what that trim would make on the stock pulley though
Old 12-18-2007, 08:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Originally Posted by martinezj_013
what more mods do i need to beat him?????

i really want too beat him cause he was saying my car is slow
maybe it is because you need to give me back the money you owe me.
Get over the whole money thing. Stop posting about it in every single thread he posts
Old 12-18-2007, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by elohel

Sorry man, it's a lot more than a 'bumper's length'. Anytime I see a TC on the highway and we gun it, the SI pulls on it hard from 50-80, which is where I let off.

A S/C TC does not run laps around an SI lol.. at best they're more or less even, which is pathetic for a F/I car in general. A S/C TC puts out less power than a S/C coballt SS and I can take those (I ran a 14.7 stock vs two cobalt SS"s runing a 14.9 stock and a 15.0 stock). A Cobalt SS puts out about 220 WHP, which is at least more than 20 WHP more than your TC would, but they have no means of getting the power to the ground. That's where the SI's weak torque comes into play. I can gun it and the tires won't break loose, but it'll pull well.

By no means do I think the SI is god's gift, but it's getting annoying seeing all these weak and moderately slow cars thinking they can hang with a moderately quick SI. It just doesn't happen.
I hope you understand that the Cobalt is running 11psi from the factory with that charger, the tC is running 7.5? 8.5? (not sure on the actual number, but I know it's below 10). Plus the tC with the supercharger shouldn't be compared number wise to the Cobalt SS. The Cobalt SS isn't just a Cobalt with a S/C bolted on, it has a modified exhaust system and is tuned directly from the factory. The tC is putting out only 20 less HP, on about 2-3 less lbs of boost, plus with a ____ty re-flash. A tC with an 11lb pulley and exhaust system will put about 230 to the wheels, 25-30 more than the Cobalt puts to the wheels.

And I guarantee people on Srt-4, 350Z, Evo..etc forums are saying the same thing about people with Si's trying to mess with them, ain't going to happen, just like that bone stock Si running a 14.2 or w/e, biggest amount of bull____ I've ever seen on the internet.

Also, don't talk about factory F/I cars having low numbers, they're F/I for 1 reason, a slight increase in power while still maintaining reliability. You're so proud of your Honda with its 197hp, little do you know, Honda tunes their vehicles more than any other manufacturer, and they tune for only HP. That's why you've got 11:1 compression pistons and perfectly tuned cams. They literally squeeze as much HP out of those engines while still meeting emissions standards and keeping it reliable.
I agree with you on supercharging the tc! I don't agree on the forum thing about the Si guys trying to race 350z and stuff. I'm sure there are some people who do it and scion guys who do it. Lets not generalize here. And the 14.2 is true if you really want I'll send you the link. It's all stock, I thought it would be modded too but it's not. Who is talking about factory fi cars with low hp? I'm on 8th civic forum, they don't allow street racing posts or anything only sanctioned races and even then nobody is saying how the Si can beat evo sti 350z whatever. The tc is a nice car car, i almost bought one but im a honda fan. The si is nice too which is why i bought it. Lets all just end the trash talking from both sides and enjoy the cars : )
Old 12-18-2007, 08:54 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BrownDogg

Get over the whole money thing. Stop posting about it in every single thread he posts
i gladly would if he would give me my money back. easy as that.
Old 12-18-2007, 08:57 PM
SL Member

The si is def tuned better from the factory, 197 hp in a 2.0 vs a 2.4 with 160hp the si is the better tuned engine. Get the sc and there's your 200 hp on a stock engine then get it tuned and you're way better off. Toyota dosen't go nuts on tuning to keep it reliable. Even the supras were'nt ridiculous from the factory, it wasn't till the tuners got their hands on it that they were getting ridiculous numbers. drive the scion love the scion and be safe if you're going to street race.
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm sorry for laughing but that is something my cousin will say.

Originally Posted by cessblood

No way "high compensation pistons"? What are " high compensation pistons"?
Lol, I wanted to say something, but I didn't want to make the kid feel like a tool, atleast he knew Hondas + boost = bad..
lol yea its true, I have an si and they do have high comp. pistons, which isn't good for boost. If I were to go boost I would definetly change that out.
Yeah I'm glad someone knows about his car.

I guess CarbonXe is the real tool huh?
lolz yea but don't tell him!
Old 12-18-2007, 09:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Lets all just end the trash talking from both sides and enjoy the cars : )
Good post
Old 12-18-2007, 09:02 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by cessblood

I'm sorry for laughing but that is something my cousin will say.
well when an ___ is gonna try and walk away with $500 im not gonna be quiet.
also not to mention that hasnt been part of this topic for a while now.

and are you a friend of his browndogg?
all you have to go on is his story then?
fact of the matter still stands that he owes me $500 and would rather run around and buy himself stuff like his supercharger and pulleys and not return what he owes me and post it all on here where i can plainly read it.
then when i post he runs with his tail tucked. yea, what a nice guy.
Old 12-18-2007, 09:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

aight. what ev! I dont know the whole story. What exactly is it that he owes you money for?
Old 12-18-2007, 10:01 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

A S/C TC does not run laps around an SI lol.. at best they're more or less even, which is pathetic for a F/I car in general. it's getting annoying seeing all these weak and moderately slow cars thinking they can hang with a moderately quick SI. It just doesn't happen.

weak and moderately slow?
dude give me some of that isht that ur smokin'

dude in like 10 generations honda came up with a civic si that isn't an absolute joke!!! what is it like a 2.0L??? pretty much cant be tuned much more... honda was finally gettin sick of all the "slow-ness" so finally did something to get decent no.s

you guys are just waisting ur time trying to show-off here, cuz deep down inside every tC owner know how much of a "fast and strong" car the Si is... hahahahhahahahahahahahahha

this is kinda like the time the V6 accord was "supposed" to be faster than a tC. what a joke that was...

u know whats gettin annoying... all these honda owners here on SL... trying to showoff the civic... frankly to me, its hilarious.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wait wait. stock to stock to SI is faster that's a given. You pay for that performance with the pricetag of the car, and insurance too. Slap a turbo on a TC and it's still cheaper than the MSRP on an SI, and the tC will run low 13's all day with the right kit.

Maybe I've been out of the 1/4 mile game a while, but I have yet to see an SI in the 13's or 12's, could be wrong though. With Such high compression you can only add so much boost unless you plan on running race gas everyday.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Sorry man, it's a lot more than a 'bumper's length'. Anytime I see a TC on the highway and we gun it, the SI pulls on it hard from 50-80, which is where I let off.
That's the highway, where the SI has his advantage. From a dig, it's a different story. SI is playing catch up till 80mph.

By no means do I think the SI is god's gift, but it's getting annoying seeing all these weak and moderately slow cars thinking they can hang with a moderately quick SI. It just doesn't happen.

From Zero - 80mph maintaining the lead to me....IS...hanging with the SI.
Old 12-19-2007, 01:41 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

aight. what ev! I dont know the whole story. What exactly is it that he owes you money for?
i was gonna buy his front and rear bumpers he was selling.
Old 12-19-2007, 02:04 AM

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
That's the highway, where the SI has his advantage. From a dig, it's a different story. SI is playing catch up till 80mph.

From Zero - 80mph maintaining the lead to me....IS...hanging with the SI.

Hold the phone, thats completly wrong....the tc is playing catch up the whole time. I know casue I drove both a tc and an si....Don't get me wrong its a great car but dont go rambling on tomorrow about how you pull hard on Evo's : )
Old 12-19-2007, 02:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by blown_xa
wait wait. stock to stock to SI is faster that's a given. You pay for that performance with the pricetag of the car, and insurance too. Slap a turbo on a TC and it's still cheaper than the MSRP on an SI, and the tC will run low 13's all day with the right kit.

Maybe I've been out of the 1/4 mile game a while, but I have yet to see an SI in the 13's or 12's, could be wrong though. With Such high compression you can only add so much boost unless you plan on running race gas everyday.

Well...there is a company in FL that has boosted the New Si. It has like 400whp (More than I do), and ran like 13.9-13.5 @ 105 ....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9g0p3dDMnaw

http://youtube.com/watch?v=p8pEqhaVxlI

No offense to my friend who has the new SI if he happens to come across this thread.

GReddy also makes a kit for the new SI.

Quick Reply: got smoked by a 2007 civic si..