10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Asif22
Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Originally Posted by elohel
Sorry man, it's a lot more than a 'bumper's length'. Anytime I see a TC on the highway and we gun it, the SI pulls on it hard from 50-80, which is where I let off.
That's the highway, where the SI has his advantage. From a dig, it's a different story. SI is playing catch up till 80mph.

By no means do I think the SI is god's gift, but it's getting annoying seeing all these weak and moderately slow cars thinking they can hang with a moderately quick SI. It just doesn't happen.

From Zero - 80mph maintaining the lead to me....IS...hanging with the SI.

Hold the phone, thats completly wrong....the tc is playing catch up the whole time. I know casue I drove both a tc and an si....Don't get me wrong its a great car but dont go rambling on tomorrow about how you pull hard on Evo's : )

No it's not dude. First off, how can you be driving two cars at the same time....let alone racing them side by side....

Second of all, I've raced an 06 Si, from a dig and from a roll (back when I had just an exhaust). Every time from a dig, he was a car behind me, and could not pass till 75-80ish mph. From a Roll, Civic is already in V-tec, so it will pull a lot better on a tC.

Third, someone else already confirmed my findings, by racing a Type S themselves

Video here:
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/7...d400f6b8ce.htm

LASTLY.....about your Evo comment....Yeah I do walk on Evo's, STI's, 350z's... bro. I'm boosted. They will have to add mods to walk me.
Old 12-19-2007, 02:49 AM

Originally Posted by CarbonXe

Sorry man, it's a lot more than a 'bumper's length'. Anytime I see a TC on the highway and we gun it, the SI pulls on it hard from 50-80, which is where I let off.

A S/C TC does not run laps around an SI lol.. at best they're more or less even, which is pathetic for a F/I car in general. A S/C TC puts out less power than a S/C coballt SS and I can take those (I ran a 14.7 stock vs two cobalt SS"s runing a 14.9 stock and a 15.0 stock). A Cobalt SS puts out about 220 WHP, which is at least more than 20 WHP more than your TC would, but they have no means of getting the power to the ground. That's where the SI's weak torque comes into play. I can gun it and the tires won't break loose, but it'll pull well.

By no means do I think the SI is god's gift, but it's getting annoying seeing all these weak and moderately slow cars thinking they can hang with a moderately quick SI. It just doesn't happen.
I hope you understand that the Cobalt is running 11psi from the factory with that charger, the tC is running 7.5? 8.5? (not sure on the actual number, but I know it's below 10). Plus the tC with the supercharger shouldn't be compared number wise to the Cobalt SS. The Cobalt SS isn't just a Cobalt with a S/C bolted on, it has a modified exhaust system and is tuned directly from the factory. The tC is putting out only 20 less HP, on about 2-3 less lbs of boost, plus with a ____ty re-flash. A tC with an 11lb pulley and exhaust system will put about 230 to the wheels, 25-30 more than the Cobalt puts to the wheels.

And I guarantee people on Srt-4, 350Z, Evo..etc forums are saying the same thing about people with Si's trying to mess with them, ain't going to happen, just like that bone stock Si running a 14.2 or w/e, biggest amount of bull____ I've ever seen on the internet.

Also, don't talk about factory F/I cars having low numbers, they're F/I for 1 reason, a slight increase in power while still maintaining reliability. You're so proud of your Honda with its 197hp, little do you know, Honda tunes their vehicles more than any other manufacturer, and they tune for only HP. That's why you've got 11:1 compression pistons and perfectly tuned cams. They literally squeeze as much HP out of those engines while still meeting emissions standards and keeping it reliable.
How can i even reply to this thread when you apparently donno wtf you're talking about? No i dont' think the SI is the greatest, fastest car ever. SRT-4, Evo, etc etc all rape an SI, no one disputes this. However, you obviously don't know jack about cars because SS's and redlines routinely put down ~225 WHP. Yes, that's 225 to the WHEELS. I've never seen a TC S/C but when I was looking at them the dealer told me about 200 HP, so I'm going to assume that's BHP since I know damn well their S/C isn't putting out over 50 whp. So please, get your ____ straight. A TC S/C will get raped by a Cobalt, and an SI can take a cobalt. So therefore, SI > TC and SI > S/C TC.

i'm sorry, the SI is made to be a sporty-ish car, whereas the TC is just a base eco car. Go compare it to the EX, that's about the only race you're gonna win against a civic. Sorry
Old 12-19-2007, 02:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

How can i even reply to this thread when you apparently donno wtf you're talking about? No i dont' think the SI is the greatest, fastest car ever. SRT-4, Evo, etc etc all rape an SI, no one disputes this. However, you obviously don't know jack about cars because SS's and redlines routinely put down ~225 WHP. Yes, that's 225 to the WHEELS. I've never seen a TC S/C but when I was looking at them the dealer told me about 200 HP, so I'm going to assume that's BHP since I know damn well their S/C isn't putting out over 50 whp. So please, get your poop straight. A TC S/C will get raped by a Cobalt, and an SI can take a cobalt. So therefore, SI > TC and SI > S/C TC.

i'm sorry, the SI is made to be a sporty-ish car, whereas the TC is just a base eco car. Go compare it to the EX, that's about the only race you're gonna win against a civic. Sorry

You haven't done any research besides what a dealer guy told you....

S/C'ed tC's put down between 200-215 Hp @ the WHEELS. Not BHP sir. With a good driver, a S/C'ed tC should and could run 14.6-14.8 in the 1/4. That's faster than the SI sorry.

One guy or even 2 guys running 14.1 is a fluke when the other 99.9999% of Si's run 14.7 at best.
Old 12-19-2007, 03:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

this is a retarded thread.... stock 07 SI's can walk on stock 07 tC's with an equal driver. end of story. case closed.

rhythm can walk a lot of cars b/c he's nicely boosted.

scionkidd, stop being a jackass to the honda guys. you're one of the reasons tC owners get bashed for glorifying their cars too much. i love my tC but the Si is faster stock, get over it. (14.2 quarter mile fast stock, ehhhh... must have been a Jesus car)

in two weeks i will be able to thoroughly own most Si's on the road. 300+whp to back it up. i dunno why i threw that in there.

anyway. like i said, this whole thread is a retarded ____ing match.
Old 12-19-2007, 03:04 AM

in my city alot of girls driving Tc's

for guys....si evo sti Z wrx rsx-s s2k s15 and more...
Old 12-19-2007, 03:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by I_HAVE_K20z3
in my city alot of girls driving Tc's

for guys....si evo sti Z wrx rsx-s s2k s15 and more...
gee, thats intelligent

in my city, lots of girls drive tCs too. in my city, lots of girl tC drivers like the fact that there's a modified tC next to them with a male in it.
Old 12-19-2007, 03:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol this thread should be locked up this is getting to a my ***** is bigger the yours deal
Old 12-19-2007, 03:12 AM

Originally Posted by jaxtcracer
this is a retarded thread.... stock 07 SI's can walk on stock 07 tC's with an equal driver. end of story. case closed.

rhythm can walk a lot of cars b/c he's nicely boosted.

scionkidd, stop being a jackass to the honda guys. you're one of the reasons tC owners get bashed for glorifying their cars too much. i love my tC but the Si is faster stock, get over it. (14.2 quarter mile fast stock, ehhhh... must have been a Jesus car)

in two weeks i will be able to thoroughly own most Si's on the road. 300+whp to back it up. i dunno why i threw that in there.

anyway. like i said, this whole thread is a retarded ____ing match.
damn bro i likes u alot mannnn...cuzz u knows alot about cars..
ur so right about stock 07 si's can walk on stock 07 tc's but guys in here dont know ____ about cars...always think tc's are the best...

scionkidd- if u aint boostin then shut the *** up _____..if u r boosting then u can say dat u can walk on Si's...

jaxtcracer is so right please close this thread...i like the guys like jaxtcracer cuzz he knows about cars aint like the others in here..
Old 12-19-2007, 03:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

most of us don't think our cars are supercars. a lot of us just get defensive when we feel attacked by other car groups... specifically hondas. in no way was i trying to ally myself with the SI'ers and abandon my tC brethren haha.. i just think this thread is getting out of hand

btw, a lot of us in here do know "poop" about cars.
Old 12-19-2007, 03:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

How can i even reply to this thread when you apparently donno wtf you're talking about? No i dont' think the SI is the greatest, fastest car ever. SRT-4, Evo, etc etc all rape an SI, no one disputes this. However, you obviously don't know jack about cars because SS's and redlines routinely put down ~225 WHP. Yes, that's 225 to the WHEELS. I've never seen a TC S/C but when I was looking at them the dealer told me about 200 HP, so I'm going to assume that's BHP since I know damn well their S/C isn't putting out over 50 whp. So please, get your poop straight. A TC S/C will get raped by a Cobalt, and an SI can take a cobalt. So therefore, SI > TC and SI > S/C TC.

Please explain to me how a Cobalt SS S/C puts 225 HP to the wheels, when it only has 245 HP, the Redline's (TURBO Ecotec, NOT S/C), have 260hp and put 220-225 to the wheels. Explain thoroughly please.

And learn how to read, I've been saying all along that the tC should be compared to the Civic LX (which is STILL more expensive than the tC). I paid 16,700 for my tC almost 3 years ago, no way in hell was I paying near 19,000 before taxes for a Civic EX which offered a ____ load less in terms of comfort, performance and convenience. Go back like 2 pages and read my post, I said the tC should only be compared to the Si if a factory TRD tC existed, which it doesn't.
Old 12-19-2007, 03:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

In my opinion, most tC owners act like most honda owners. Sore losers that make excuses for losing. Not all honda owners are ricers, just like not all tC owners are. But i see a lot of it going around.

Bottom line is this.

Stock for stock or mod for mod, Si wins.

More mods on the tC than the Si, tC wins.

Face it.

I would be more embarassed of a neon beating me than a Si personally. I mean sure the SRT is a decent car, but i hate neons all together. (no offense)
Old 12-19-2007, 03:45 AM

i test drove a tc and own an si
Old 12-19-2007, 04:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Ya know what I think I'm gonna do from now on? I think I'm going to go into Civic forums and just post about how much the tC ___ rapes the LX/DX/EX and make fun of people paying $19,000 for a Civic with an exhaust that runs a solid 17 second 1/4 mile.
Old 12-19-2007, 04:13 AM

That's the highway, where the SI has his advantage. From a dig, it's a different story. SI is playing catch up till 80mph.

From Zero - 80mph maintaining the lead to me....IS...hanging with the SI.

Hold the phone, thats completly wrong....the tc is playing catch up the whole time. I know casue I drove both a tc and an si....Don't get me wrong its a great car but dont go rambling on tomorrow about how you pull hard on Evo's : )

No it's not dude. First off, how can you be driving two cars at the same time....let alone racing them side by side....

Second of all, I've raced an 06 Si, from a dig and from a roll (back when I had just an exhaust). Every time from a dig, he was a car behind me, and could not pass till 75-80ish mph. From a Roll, Civic is already in V-tec, so it will pull a lot better on a tC.

Third, someone else already confirmed my findings, by racing a Type S themselves

Video here:
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/7...d400f6b8ce.htm

LASTLY.....about your Evo comment....Yeah I do walk on Evo's, STI's, 350z's... bro. I'm boosted. They will have to add mods to walk me.
Thats pretty sick boosted tc's are ridiculous
Old 12-19-2007, 04:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Fanboys are every where. LOL A stock SI (meaning no mods and no accessories at all) and A stock tC( meaning no mods at no accessories all) are not that fast at all compared to the other cars out there. there is no point in this battle.

most people read the specs on paper and assume whitch car is better without even testing out the cars first. lol I just don't like how poeple over rate cars or underrate cars with out dealing with them first.

elohel a stock SI will not beat the supercharged cobalt and the supercharged redline. A TRD supercharged tC with the TRD LSD, TRD clutch, TRD Suspension and the TRD quick shifter and blah blah will take on the 07 SI. I took out a few SIs before . I like I said before
Originally Posted by cessblood
When I had the stock supercharger(but I got some else under the hood now lol). I killed my boy's 07 SI when we was coming back from Nopi and beat some other dude's SI months ago. lol I think the SI are cool cars but they are not monster cars, Please don't hype up the SI more then what it is.
and I never though and never said the TRD/SC tC was greater then the SI. I'm not a fanboy like that. Both cars are not super cars. I have respect for both cars. I'm going to say it again this battle is pointless

I'm not taking side but Please get over it.

Oh yeah I_HAVE_K20z3 I see a lot of girls in my city driving the SI sedans and I'm going to try to holla at some of them tonight one of them might be my new wifey. SI chick giving brain in the tC. lol
Old 12-19-2007, 04:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

that Si is not completely stock from what i remember its running a custom tune with k-pro and is on slicks... im a member of crsx and i first seen it there a while back

stock for stock the si owns the tc end of story
Old 12-19-2007, 04:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by cessblood
Lets all just end the trash talking from both sides and enjoy the cars : )
Good post
x2
Old 12-19-2007, 05:42 AM

well si's aint fast compare to evos stis srt-4 somethin like dat..

but it will beats some stock cars same to tc's..

the point is..whos put alots money into the hood..dats the winner...]

thread is closeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed
Old 12-19-2007, 05:42 AM

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...6/pageId=67941

0-60 in 7.2 seconds
1/4 in 15.1

Lets face it, even if it is the Tc Sc, its just a race between drivers. The Si isnt faster, but neither is the Tc Sc.... Drivers race now lets drop it..
Old 12-19-2007, 06:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

so... can we like.... lock this thread now?

Quick Reply: got smoked by a 2007 civic si..