Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 12:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by jaxtcracer
so... can we like.... lock this thread now?
Right after elohel explains to me how a Cobalt SS S/C is only losing 8% of its power to the wheels .
Old 12-19-2007, 01:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by RightMinister
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/Followup/articleId=108776/pageId=67941

0-60 in 7.2 seconds
1/4 in 15.1

Lets face it, even if it is the Tc Sc, its just a race between drivers. The Si isnt faster, but neither is the Tc Sc.... Drivers race now lets drop it..
The reviewer on edmunds said the tCw/SC would be faster then the New SI if the tC has and LSD in it. that review was back in 2005. The Scion tC has the TRD LSD now.
Solid times that are identical to the numbers we ran in the Civic Si. With a limited-slip splitting up the torque, there's no doubt that the tC would be quicker, but as of right now, Scion doesn't offer one.
Here is the link on the old review where I got that quote from.
http://www.edmunds.com/apps/vdpconta...6/pageNumber=1
The Scion tC has the TRD LSD now

I agree with you dude it's just a race between the drivers. It is a Drivers race. this subject should be drop. lol but its funny to read some of the posts that people put up.
Old 12-19-2007, 03:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Asif22
i test drove a tc and own an si

The opposite for me.

Originally Posted by I_HAVE_K20c3

damn bro i likes u alot mannnn...cuzz u knows alot about cars..
ur so right about stock 07 si's can walk on stock 07 tc's but guys in here dont know poop about cars...always think tc's are the best...

I don't believe there is one person here that ever stated a tC can beat an SI in the 1/4 mile stock vs stock. Nor has anyone ever said they could beat one on the highway.

The only thing that has been stated is that the tC can win from Zero to 75-80mph. And I speak from experience on that.

But some of you Honda tuners think that 147 is just LEAPS and bounds over 15.1. To me, that was not a fast enough difference to pay that much more in price. That, and having to drive a car at 8k RPM everywhere to feel like I'm going fast.
Old 12-19-2007, 03:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by RightMinister
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/Followup/articleId=108776/pageId=67941

0-60 in 7.2 seconds
1/4 in 15.1

Lets face it, even if it is the Tc Sc, its just a race between drivers. The Si isnt faster, but neither is the Tc Sc.... Drivers race now lets drop it..

I ran 15.1 in the 1/4 with just an exhaust bro. There is a guy on Youtube who ran 15.1 with just an intake.... The S/C'ed tC is faster than that sir.

You can never use magazine times as a way to judge a car. You have to go to the community in which the car lives, and the people who drive them everyday. Magazine drivers have just a few days of playing with a car, and try their best to get times out of them in the conditions they are under (time constraints, management, etc...). But the owners of the respected cars, always see 2-3 .10th's of a second faster than any magazine every quotes. WHY? Because they have had their cars for months/years, and have been perfecting the way to launch the car, shift the car, etc...

Mag times are FUBAR..
Old 12-19-2007, 03:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by cessblood
Originally Posted by CarbonXe

No way "high compensation pistons"? What are " high compensation pistons"?
Lol, I wanted to say something, but I didn't want to make the kid feel like a tool, atleast he knew Hondas + boost = bad..
lol yea its true, I have an si and they do have high comp. pistons, which isn't good for boost. If I were to go boost I would definetly change that out.
Yeah I'm glad someone knows about his car.

I guess CarbonXe is the real tool huh?
lolz yea but don't tell him!
Ok I will not tell him. LOL
Old 12-19-2007, 06:31 PM

This whole thread is retarded lol.

BOTH cars are NOT fast, its as simple as that. The si is midly quick, the TC is just a regular car. Sorry, 160 hp is not and will never be quick in a car that weighs as much as the TC does. Shed the TC down to 2000 lbs and i'm sure she'd be fast.

it's also anoying when you say "if the tc had trd this, trd this and trd that, it'd walk the si". Well if the SI had this, this and that it'd just walk the TC again. it's a never ending argument that is just stupid.

yes, there are morons in the honda world, toyota world, dodge world and so on. it just seems that the vast majority of TC owners are veyr defensive about th eir cars running a high 15 in the 1/4 that they feel the need to tell everyone their car is faster.

and yes, a Cobalt ss DOES dyno at around 220 to the wheels or so. Just go youtube it. The 05s+ dyno at around 220, the 04s and below are around 200, but will hit about 220 with a new tune. And yes, cobalts can be walked by an si because they're terribly set up from the factory for the power they have and just spin tires.
Old 12-19-2007, 06:37 PM

By the way, here are some vids just to back up what I say.. maybe the guy who thought he was so clever at the whole "8% drive train loss" can back up his words too?

I said originally ~220-225 WHP on a stock cobalt. Here are your vids:

222.67 WHP stock 'balt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLk-nbmDcYE

230 whp (aftermarket muffler?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB_W2NRd1WE

225 whp...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-nWIE9py3Q

____... looks like i was right

I'm not tryign to hate, but some of you guys need to get over certain things. we all have a slow car, deal with it.

and at the comment of how a tc will rape an ex.. i dont' think you understand something. the only person who gets an ex and trys to make it fast is that 17 year old kid who gets it from his parents. no one goes out and buys one on their own and expects it to be a quick car.. so you're preaching to the wrong choir. an ex can hit 40+ mpg and is a comfy ride, has excellent resale value and awesome reliability. can you honestly say all those things about the tc? not exactly.. so you both lose in one aspect.
Old 12-19-2007, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke

The opposite for me.

ur so right about stock 07 si's can walk on stock 07 tc's but guys in here dont know poop about cars...always think tc's are the best...

I don't believe there is one person here that ever stated a tC can beat an SI in the 1/4 mile stock vs stock. Nor has anyone ever said they could beat one on the highway.

The only thing that has been stated is that the tC can win from Zero to 75-80mph. And I speak from experience on that.

But some of you Honda tuners think that 147 is just LEAPS and bounds over 15.1. To me, that was not a fast enough difference to pay that much more in price. That, and having to drive a car at 8k RPM everywhere to feel like I'm going fast.

Si is quicker to 60 that a tc look it up..and i know from expiereince. Why are you making fun of hondas revving to 8k? is that a problem? I actaully like the 8k redline. Again I like the tc and im not hating but you guys need to chill a bit
Old 12-19-2007, 07:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Let's show a video of a car being dyno'd and then just make up a number. It's youtube, the crap on that site is about as logical as the comments. Let's also take a look at that flat 14 second "Bone stock" Civic .

http://www.edmunds.com/apps/vdpconta...ticleId=104953

So I guess GM found out how to increase the power going to the wheels, guess the transfer now ADDS 20 horsepower. GM. GM. I still love how a car with 205 BHP puts 225 to the wheels, when the Sky Redline which has 260BHP, only puts 220 to the wheels. Gotta love Youtube.

Anyway, I'm not going to argue, the only possible way the Cobalt could be putting 225 to the wheels, from the factory, is if GM is underrating that car by 55 HP. Also, I've been saying all along that the tC shouldn't be compared to the Si, so you can stop saying that I think the tC will beat an Si, I know it doesn't and I never said it did.

To end this whole thread, If you don't have any intentions of modding the car, get the Si. If you plan on modding get the tC and use the $5,000 you saved to boost, that will easily get you a very reliable 260whp. /thread
Old 12-19-2007, 08:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by elohel
This whole thread is retarded lol.

BOTH cars are NOT fast, its as simple as that. The si is midly quick, the TC is just a regular car. Sorry, 160 hp is not and will never be quick in a car that weighs as much as the TC does. Shed the TC down to 2000 lbs and i'm sure she'd be fast.

it's also anoying when you say "if the tc had trd this, trd this and trd that, it'd walk the si". Well if the SI had this, this and that it'd just walk the TC again. it's a never ending argument that is just stupid.

yes, there are morons in the honda world, toyota world, dodge world and so on. it just seems that the vast majority of TC owners are veyr defensive about th eir cars running a high 15 in the 1/4 that they feel the need to tell everyone their car is faster.

and yes, a Cobalt ss DOES dyno at around 220 to the wheels or so. Just go youtube it. The 05s+ dyno at around 220, the 04s and below are around 200, but will hit about 220 with a new tune. And yes, cobalts can be walked by an si because they're terribly set up from the factory for the power they have and just spin tires.

Have you been paying attention. Low 15's get it right. And funny how you say SI is mildly quick, but the tC is just a regular car, when they are Four TENTHS of a second in 1/4 mile times. And while we are at it, the only Si's that can even beat a tC are the Brand new ones. Yet, when someone say "it's an Si", fanboys automatically think it's the holy grail, no matter what year it is. The only Si that is mildly quick is the one that came out this year...LOL. Who gives a crap about dyno's. 220 on one dyno can be 190 on another....

Every 9 out of 10 Civics I come across are riced out. The others are driven by chics.
Old 12-19-2007, 08:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by elohel
and at the comment of how a tc will rape an ex.. i dont' think you understand something. the only person who gets an ex and trys to make it fast is that 17 year old kid who gets it from his parents. no one goes out and buys one on their own and expects it to be a quick car.. so you're preaching to the wrong choir. an ex can hit 40+ mpg and is a comfy ride, has excellent resale value and awesome reliability. can you honestly say all those things about the tc? not exactly.. so you both lose in one aspect.

ACTUALLY....Yes I can say the same (minus the 40+mpg). You ever seen a tC being resold? Compare it to a brand new one, and report back...

We are talking about performance here, not economy. So, back to performance aspect of things.....I say again, a tC will Rape an EX. The tC's track #'s are closer to an SI than they will ever be to an EX. What's that car run like mid 16's or something, I don't even know, just taking a guess. I know the old ones (2000yr) did like dang near 17 sec's and that's with mods...
Old 12-19-2007, 08:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke

The opposite for me.

Si is quicker to 60 that a tc look it up..and i know from expiereince. Why are you making fun of hondas revving to 8k? is that a problem? I actaully like the 8k redline. Again I like the tc and im not hating but you guys need to chill a bit

You don't know me very well do you. I can care less what some paper from a magazine article states. I go by experience. And again, UP to 75-80mph, with a good driver in the tC, he can maintain the lead till that point. And I would sacrafice RPM's in order to have TQ any day of the week. Look at muscle cars....usually 5k RPM max revs, yet running 11's in the 1/4 mile. Some people like high revs, some like tQ. But you don't find a car that revs high from the factory, and has the same amount of TQ as it does HP from the factory. If you do, it cost as much as a house.

By the way, I'm not making fun of Hondas reving to 8k. I'm stating an opinion that some people don't care to wait till 8k to have fun. I can have fun at 3k rpm just as much as I can at redline, because I have tQ to go with my HP.
Old 12-19-2007, 09:12 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

you still can't beat these guys, i mean his car freaken talks!