Autosports & Technique
General driving and racing...

Honda Civic SOHC Turbo VS Scion TC S/C

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 11:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

With the auto/manual debate... here's another side to that as well. Gearing. I don't know what all the gear ratios are in either car nor do I think it'd be worth anyone speculating. Just race and find out.

But I have to say with the 4 speed auto and 5 speed manual. Ok, with 5 gears they are likely shorter gears which equates to more torque multiplication.

Z
Old 01-16-2007, 02:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TCpete
civic lx
Auto / manual
2657 / 2718

tc
Manual/Auto
2905 / 2970

tc is 200 lbs hevier then the civic...also with a smaller redline..

an auto turbo has more advantage over a manual becuause it stay in boost longer then the manual....think of how many shift points 4(auto) and 5(manual) on every shift the manual looses power were at on the auto the shift is so minimal they loose very little boost.

weight diff. is 200 lbs give or take which can make a good diference in who wins and who looses..also the driver of the manual can be a crappy driver which will give the auto turbo even more of an advantage... the civic also makes power through out the power band were as even in the SC tc. it reaches peak at 6k and then is either linear or dips.

in the short/long run the auto has the advantage in most case...

1tc4u2nv: now that your s/c is fixed. as soon as i have my new head wana let me take a crack at ya =].. ive taken out 1 SC tc a few weeks back.. maybe he was a horrible driver... but i was about a fender ahead of him when i got the speed cut =\
should be a good race where driver skill plays a big role even though the honda has some advantages and luckily it wasnt the SC it was the throttle body and the MAF sensor but yea when you get all set up let me know should be a good run , by the amount of stuff you are selling on the other thread it seems like you are gonna go all out on your car
Old 01-16-2007, 02:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by matt
um the manual tc is lighter than the auto tc btw
but 65lbs isnt too much.
I would also go w/ the Civic, but this depends on more than whos got more WHP. Modded vs modded w/ so little info for discussion is kind of a waste.
Old 01-16-2007, 03:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 1tc4u2nv
Originally Posted by TCpete
civic lx
Auto / manual
2657 / 2718

tc
Manual/Auto
2905 / 2970

tc is 200 lbs hevier then the civic...also with a smaller redline..

an auto turbo has more advantage over a manual becuause it stay in boost longer then the manual....think of how many shift points 4(auto) and 5(manual) on every shift the manual looses power were at on the auto the shift is so minimal they loose very little boost.

weight diff. is 200 lbs give or take which can make a good diference in who wins and who looses..also the driver of the manual can be a crappy driver which will give the auto turbo even more of an advantage... the civic also makes power through out the power band were as even in the SC tc. it reaches peak at 6k and then is either linear or dips.

in the short/long run the auto has the advantage in most case...

1tc4u2nv: now that your s/c is fixed. as soon as i have my new head wana let me take a crack at ya =].. ive taken out 1 SC tc a few weeks back.. maybe he was a horrible driver... but i was about a fender ahead of him when i got the speed cut =\
should be a good race where driver skill plays a big role even though the honda has some advantages and luckily it wasnt the SC it was the throttle body and the MAF sensor but yea when you get all set up let me know should be a good run , by the amount of stuff you are selling on the other thread it seems like you are gonna go all out on your car
all motor wise yea its slowly getting there.. i have a wedding to pay for so i can go as fast as i would like but ill be done soon.. and it was the MAF and TB?? not the SC?? wow.. thats good so is everything running up again?? did the MAF fry?? could be the same thing when it happend to my MAF were it fried also becuase it came bad from toyota. we'll talk wed. if my car is running.
Old 01-16-2007, 03:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

all motor wise yea its slowly getting there.. i have a wedding to pay for so i can go as fast as i would like but ill be done soon.. and it was the MAF and TB?? not the SC?? wow.. thats good so is everything running up again?? did the MAF fry?? could be the same thing when it happend to my MAF were it fried also becuase it came bad from toyota. we'll talk wed. if my car is running.[/quote]

yup it fried and the tb was causing it to run rich those people at headquarter dont know s**t about cars they really got on my nerves so i had to take it to expressway where it got fixed and congrats on the wedding
Old 01-19-2007, 09:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Man....They still haven't raced yet. This thread blows.

How about making threads AFTER you have already completed the said event...
Old 01-19-2007, 09:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Man....They still haven't raced yet. This thread blows.

x2.... ill race the civic..
Old 01-20-2007, 12:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke

LOL for sure.
Old 02-10-2007, 07:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

show us some vid of racing with a civic. (only if you smoke them, else just watch the vid yourself.)
Old 02-10-2007, 09:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what?? grammer check yo ^^ lol..

doubt this will go down.. ive seen a boosted auto ex already.. dont know if its the same guy... but he does fly by's by our miami meet..if its him.. he's never stoped and asked for a run..
Old 02-11-2007, 07:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

my turbo xB beat a turbo 1.8 SOHC civic with a built motor running a T25 @ 6psi with a edelbrock intake manifold also...he had an automatic at the time and it was gtting more and more hurt as the weeks went on...I beat him all day long up until about 90 mph then he would take me top end...it was a small turbo for a built motor though...my car had a T20