Notices
Autosports & Technique
General driving and racing...

My 1st Autocross in tC - VIDEO!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 09:11 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah the new rims I have are a lil heavier then my EVO 5s but for some reason the car drives so much better with them. I did not expect a wheel could make a difference in feel.

I will look into that.

Where can I find the Axxis stuff at?
Old 03-26-2006, 09:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

OhioScions
SL Member

coooool!
Nice to see more tC's getting into it..

last season i drew similar head turns and WHAT car is that?!?! lol.. it's funny...

Our season starts next weekend.. totally can't wait :D
Old 03-27-2006, 12:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by coppermine18
Where can I find the Axxis stuff at?

I know Nopi has them.
Old 04-07-2006, 05:12 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member

Hats off to copper! The more tCs I see on the track the happier I get - even if people still call them "skyons".

At the moment I'm saving up for racing school and currently plan to use a tC for some SCCA Club Racing. That's a ways off though.
Old 04-07-2006, 09:04 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Yanick
Hats off to copper! The more tCs I see on the track the happier I get - even if people still call them "skyons".

At the moment I'm saving up for racing school and currently plan to use a tC for some SCCA Club Racing. That's a ways off though.
Yeah I just got my new crossdrilled/slotted rotors on and have new TRD shocks and sway comming (I work at a dealership) so they are affordable haha...

Anyways - Yeah the tC is well balanced for it and as far as racing classes, that is always a good idea. I spent 8 years racing skiing which helped with my driving believe it or not and I always learn best by watching videos of myself and others and striving for the more experienced people.

Just go with a 'I want to win' attitude and let it ride from there.

Biggest thing I learned from my 1st Auto X is straight line braking, comming in slow and pulling out fast gives you the finesse in your line.

Breaking while you turn shifts weight and causes you to lose stability and comming in too fast makes you overcorrect or take a wider line and gets you nowhere fast.

Sorry about the dirty wheels it was raining!

Old 04-07-2006, 09:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

werent there any scions there for u to compete with? i bet they would have spanked u
Old 04-07-2006, 09:19 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by badbasic
werent there any scions there for u to compete with? i bet they would have spanked u
No I am sure there will be at the next event. I also do not think they would have 'spanked me' unless they were excellent drivers or had suspension upgrades.

I drove pretty well.
Old 04-08-2006, 04:14 AM
5 Year Member

SL Member

Yeah I just got my new crossdrilled/slotted rotors on and have new TRD shocks and sway comming (I work at a dealership) so they are affordable haha...
What kind of rotors are they? I've been doing all kinds of research and have fallen in love with the idea of putting a stop-tech big brake kit on the front of my future car and changing the rotors and pads on the back.

It would be a costly investment with that would look silly in the eyes of some people since it wouldn't make the car look cool, sound cool, or increase horsepower; but being able to outbrake the competion will make your car so much faster on the track.
Old 04-08-2006, 04:37 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

What kind of rotors are they? I've been doing all kinds of research and have fallen in love with the idea of putting a stop-tech big brake kit on the front of my future car and changing the rotors and pads on the back.

It would be a costly investment with that would look silly in the eyes of some people since it wouldn't make the car look cool, sound cool, or increase horsepower; but being able to outbrake the competion will make your car so much faster on the track.
It is from rotorpros.com ... they sell them on eBay but unlike alot of rotors they use good materials. If you go to the site and email Rich tell him Paul with the tC sent you he can talk to you about them and will give you a good deal.

Awesome guy, I'm glad I have them.