tC vs ___

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 02:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

They all look the same to me as far as power output. But anyhow, this should be the one he is running.

B16A1 1.6L 16V DOHC VTEC PGM-FI 1595 '90-'91 Civic SiR (EF) JDM 160@7600 111@7000 10.4:1

Also my other friend has a 06 Si. We raced from a dig. He didn't catch up to me until 80+ mph. I've driven his car before, and without Vtec, that thing just dosen't do it for me. You have to stay in Vtec to have as much fun as you do in a Stock tC. Not bashing on the Civic or Honda, so don't think that I am. It's just my observation that's all I'm saying. Can't really feel anything unless your hammering down all the gears all the time.
Old 06-27-2006, 02:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

I thought that this was very interesting observation.

Originally Posted by ryno379
Then I raced a CRX with a B16. He did not disclose that he was running a 65 shot of Nitrous until after the race. I thought I won, he thought he won, nobody else could tell. A draw?
http://media.putfile.com/vs-B16-CRX-with-nitrous

Ryno379's tC is S/C by the way. And he was dead even with a CRX (so much lighter) with B16 + 65 shot of Nitro. It probably was running I/H/E combo as well.
Old 06-27-2006, 03:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

I'm double posting, but it's relevant to this thread. Click on the link to the vids.

Originally Posted by ryno379
Saturday was the second time for Flashlight Drags at the Clarion County Airport. Once again, I got videos. My Azure Pearl tC is in the far lane in every video except the last one. I raced 9 times! It was so crazy, I couldn't race everyone that wanted to.
Fist I took on an S2000. I got schooled. When setting up the race, I thought it would be close, then he smoked an 04 or 05 GTO and I was like, uh oh. This Honda was insane!
http://media.putfile.com/vs-S2000
Then I challenged an SRT-4, I was disappointed that I didn't fare better. I launched very poorly.
http://media.putfile.com/vs-SRT-4-74
Then I challenged and smoked a Mustang GT. It was an 01 or 02 I think. I've waited a long time to do this.
http://media.putfile.com/vs-Mustang-GT
Then a Solara SLE V6 challenged me. No contest.
http://media.putfile.com/vs-Solara-SLE-V6
Then I raced a CRX with a B16. He did not disclose that he was running a 65 shot of Nitrous until after the race. I thought I won, he thought he won, nobody else could tell. A draw?
http://media.putfile.com/vs-B16-CRX-with-nitrous
Then an Acura Legend with a 3.2 V6 challenged me. He was saying "It's 320 hp". I think his mouth is more powerful than his engine.
http://media.putfile.com/vs-Acura-Legend-32
Then I easily beat a Mazdaspeed Protege. Sorry, no video.
Then a Grand Prix GTP Competition Group challenged me. Silly supercharged Pontiac.
http://media.putfile.com/vs-Grand-Prix-GTP-Comp-G
Then in the Top Tuner Event, I lost to a WRX. I hate AWD in the 1/8th mile. He lost in the semis against the SRT-4 that won the championship. I'm in the near lane this time. The video didn't catch the beginning, just me pullin hard on him at the end.
http://media.putfile.com/vs-WRX
Old 06-28-2006, 03:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

As for the 2door round tail light teggy goes, i can believe you stayed with him i don't think you would have smoked him, but chances are it wasn't a gsr either. It was probably a ls or gs. A gsr would have easily beat you with those mods.

Also, if your talking about the crx being so much lighter than the civic hatch, it depends on the years. The last few years of the crx was only 50-100lbs lighter than the same year civic hatch's depending on the model.

If he does have the b16a1 with i/h/e in the tegra, and you were stock, something just sounds off. Like the motor isn't running to full potential wether it be a bad o2 sensor or what.

And yes, Honda's do have to stay in vtec to be fast, but thats how they are designed, to be revved high. From a roll the integra should easily beat you if you were still stock, you said it was from a roll which unless boosted, not many B16's are great for since they have little to no bottom end. Reguardless, i still don't think you should have killed him if hes a good driver and if the motor has no issues. It should be a different story from a roll. Again, if nothing is wrong with the motor.

What were your mods when you raced the 06' Si? Because it shouldn't take no where near that long to catch up if you have no more than i/h/e. And yes, again, you have to stay in vtec to be fast. Its part of the design, which to me is fun. I'd rather take it easy through the gears when just driving and if i want to drive fast or have fun, i like to hammer it down and shift at high rpm's and yeah. Its fun to me, some perfer to just tap the gas and have fun and i guess you are one of those people.
Old 06-28-2006, 03:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by killerxromances
As for the 2door round tail light teggy goes, i can believe you stayed with him i don't think you would have smoked him, but chances are it wasn't a gsr either. It was probably a ls or gs. A gsr would have easily beat you with those mods.

Also, if your talking about the crx being so much lighter than the civic hatch, it depends on the years. The last few years of the crx was only 50-100lbs lighter than the same year civic hatch's depending on the model.

If he does have the b16a1 with i/h/e in the tegra, and you were stock, something just sounds off. Like the motor isn't running to full potential wether it be a bad o2 sensor or what.

And yes, Honda's do have to stay in vtec to be fast, but thats how they are designed, to be revved high. From a roll the integra should easily beat you if you were still stock, you said it was from a roll which unless boosted, not many B16's are great for since they have little to no bottom end. Reguardless, i still don't think you should have killed him if hes a good driver and if the motor has no issues. It should be a different story from a roll. Again, if nothing is wrong with the motor.

What were your mods when you raced the 06' Si? Because it shouldn't take no where near that long to catch up if you have no more than i/h/e. And yes, again, you have to stay in vtec to be fast. Its part of the design, which to me is fun. I'd rather take it easy through the gears when just driving and if i want to drive fast or have fun, i like to hammer it down and shift at high rpm's and yeah. Its fun to me, some perfer to just tap the gas and have fun and i guess you are one of those people.

I'll take my TQ over having to wait for a kick past 4k+ RPMs. And the crx was in relevance to the weight of the tC. And when I raced my boy in his 06 Si, We only had a full exhaust. (ZPI S-pipe + ZPI Exhaust matched to Blitz Nur Spec Muffler). And come to think of it, we done a 15.1 in the 1/4th with just an exhaust, which is what the 06 Si is rated at in Stock form. I have the vids on here if you would like to do a search. If you can't find them, then swing over to ZPI's forum, and you should be able to find the vid. I was calling out the mph in the vid. And not until 80 or so, he didn't start to pull on me. At around 90ish I was at his back bumper, which the tC trap speed is in the 80+ mph range.

From a roll, is a joke, and I'm starting to realize it. I'm actually tired of doing 40 drops, as real drag racing starts from Zer0.
Old 06-28-2006, 04:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke

I'll take my TQ over having to wait for a kick past 4k+ RPMs. And the crx was in relevance to the weight of the tC. And when I raced my boy in his 06 Si, We only had a full exhaust. (ZPI S-pipe + ZPI Exhaust matched to Blitz Nur Spec Muffler). And come to think of it, we done a 15.1 in the 1/4th with just an exhaust, which is what the 06 Si is rated at in Stock form. I have the vids on here if you would like to do a search. If you can't find them, then swing over to ZPI's forum, and you should be able to find the vid. I was calling out the mph in the vid. And not until 80 or so, he didn't start to pull on me. At around 90ish I was at his back bumper, which the tC trap speed is in the 80+ mph range.

From a roll, is a joke, and I'm starting to realize it. I'm actually tired of doing 40 drops, as real drag racing starts from Zer0.
Real drag racing is boring to me anyway, i'd rather have a car that can out handle another, than have a car that can out run the other in the 1/4. Thats just me though, to each their own.

Sure a roll might be a joke, but that doesn't change the chances of you winning would be decreased. I'm sure you would agree with me on that.

The 06' Si is rated at 15.1 by a few editors, but i have seen a video of one (fully stock) doing 1/4 in 14.8 and i have personally seen one with a full exhaust (talked to the owner) and he ran 1/4 14.5, i forget what his trap speed was but yeah. If it was mod for mod, no contest. Personally, i still don't see you beating him until 80mph but for the sake of not arguing, i won't try to prove you wrong. I will say though, the guy at the track raced against a i/short shifter rsx-s and beat him, i think the rsx-s ran 14.7 but not completely sure. And i know that it takes more than i/h/e to beat a rsx-s in stock form with the tC, then again it could have also been driver error.

I don't know if you realize this or not, but Honda has downplayed the k20 in the 06 Si's. AEM as well as two other fairly major companies did base runs and showed at the crank the motor pulls between 204-209hp. Honda rated the Si at 197hp, which is probably due to small insurance increase when breaking into 200's, and the competition would kill the rsx-s if they rated it with the rsx numbers. But yeah, just thought i'd add that in there.
Old 06-28-2006, 06:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Society
SL Member

Power isn't the only reason a scion tC has a hard time in the 1/4 times. or Vs. cars like the type S and the vic Si.

Both the Si, and type S in stock form Don't have anywhere near the traction issues a scion tC has in stock form.
Old 06-28-2006, 02:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Real drag racing is boring to me anyway, i'd rather have a car that can out handle another, than have a car that can out run the other in the 1/4. Thats just me though, to each their own.

I have one of those too. It's called a 350Z. Setting up for Track and Drift.

Sure a roll might be a joke, but that doesn't change the chances of you winning would be decreased. I'm sure you would agree with me on that.
Actually, I disagree. Reason being, if you can't drive at the track, you might loose to slower cars due to you wheel spinning halfway down the track. But on the Street from a roll, you would eat that very car up for breakfast and spit it out to make room for lunch.

The 06' Si is rated at 15.1 by a few editors, but i have seen a video of one (fully stock) doing 1/4 in 14.8 and i have personally seen one with a full exhaust (talked to the owner) and he ran 1/4 14.5, i forget what his trap speed was but yeah.
The best time ran in our tC with just an S-pipe and Exhaust was 14.8 @ 90+mph. Got vid of that too.

If it was mod for mod, no contest. Personally, i still don't see you beating him until 80mph but for the sake of not arguing, i won't try to prove you wrong.
Guess you don't feel like searching for the vid, so I provided the link for you. Click here to watch 2006-Si-vs-2006-tC

By the way, my boy didn't have a Passenger in the car until like the last couple of rolls

I will say though, the guy at the track raced against a i/short shifter rsx-s and beat him, i think the rsx-s ran 14.7 but not completely sure. And i know that it takes more than i/h/e to beat a rsx-s in stock form with the tC, then again it could have also been driver error.
It would take a good I/H/E and a crank pulley to keep up with a RSX Type S

I don't know if you realize this or not, but Honda has downplayed the k20 in the 06 Si's. AEM as well as two other fairly major companies did base runs and showed at the crank the motor pulls between 204-209hp. Honda rated the Si at 197hp, which is probably due to small insurance increase when breaking into 200's, and the competition would kill the rsx-s if they rated it with the rsx numbers. But yeah, just thought i'd add that in there.
Do you have a link to this supposedly crank of 204/209hp. If that's the case, then the 06 Si is even slower than I thought for having that much power under the hood + an LSD.
Old 06-29-2006, 01:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Slower with a bad driver maybe. Let me see if i can't pull a dyno sheet up.
Old 06-29-2006, 01:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Heres a baseline dyno of a 06' Si, stock, to the wheels.

Let me try and find a crank run.
Old 06-29-2006, 01:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Slower with a bad driver maybe. Let me see if i can't pull a dyno sheet up.

Are you speaking about my friend, if so, he can drive just fine.
Old 06-29-2006, 01:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

[/url]

Yellow represents stock.
Green represents stock without airbox.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I'm really happy with the results, first run was the best run since the engine was coolest. I had him do 6 pulls in a row with only a short break in between. Hood was open but the fan was only pointing into the radiator, it was one of those flat rectangle fans. Bone stock down to the paper airfilter. Sorry i cannot scan all the runs until this weekend, i can only take pics of the paper,lol.

could someone host the video or is there somewhere i can host it?

Ambient temp 77* / Humidity 34% / Elevation 1092ft.

HP / TQ

174.3 123.9
173.5 122.6
169.2 124.0
176.9 126.7
180.5 128.2
180.8 132.4"

Later in another thread, someone showed 179whp stock and 208whp with i/h/e.
Old 06-29-2006, 01:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I know these are whp numbers, but you can do the math and see that this puts the crank power into the 200's. I can't find that crank one though, but these should prove what i mentioned earlier.

Ismokeguys; I don't know your friend so i can't say he sucks or he doesn't. But i can say, with confidence, a bone stock Si can keep up with a rsx-s just fine. The stock numbers compared to a rsx-s stock numbers are only 2-6whp difference, and also little difference as far as pull and track times so i've seen. A tC shouldn't be able to keep up with a stock Si that easily, not with just a s-pipe.
Old 06-29-2006, 02:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Scion tC vs. 06 Si
http://www.fesersoft.com/honda/videos/06SI_Beats_TC.wmv

06' Si vs. bmw 325
http://www.fesersoft.com/honda/videos/06SI_Beats_TC.wmv

Just threw the bmw one in there for a kicker, but the first one the tC had i/h/e, the bmw one he didn't know what mods he had.
Old 06-29-2006, 02:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh, and here is a combined video of a Si with only aem cai doing 14.1's, both runs low 14's and only mod is intake.

http://video.tinypic.com/player.php?v=11mbvuv

This is why i believe your friend with the Si wasn't as good as you, maybe not a horrible or bad driver. But, definitely not as good.
Old 06-29-2006, 02:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh, and here is a combined video of a Si with only aem cai doing 14.1's, both runs low 14's and only mod is intake.

This is why i believe your friend with the Si wasn't as good as you, maybe not a horrible or bad driver. But, definitely not as good.
Hi, friend. First off, I would like to say I thoroughly enjoy reading pages and pages of your middle school like arguing, especially from someone who was supposedly getting rid of their xB and wouldn't be around here anymore. Second, I really admire your devotion to going into threads completely unrelated to your vehicle and arguing for several pages, it really takes a lot of free time that most normal people don't have to accomplish this. I appreciate the fact that you dislike the tC, the tC's weight, the tC's motor. This is of course your right. I am sure that many people dislike having to wade through several pages of your quibbles, but I get a chuckle out of it sometimes so I just wanted to say thanks. May we all suffer through countless more of your humorous, informative, knowledgeable posts.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 04-15-2020 at 04:06 AM. Reason: Awarded 10 Yr Badge
Old 06-29-2006, 03:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Cuthbert

Hi, friend. First off, I would like to say I thoroughly enjoy reading pages and pages of your middle school like arguing, especially from someone who was supposedly getting rid of their xb and wouldn't be around here anymore. Second, I really admire your devotion to going into threads completely unrelated to your vehicle and arguing for several pages, it really takes a lot of free time that most normal people don't have to accomplish this. I appreciate the fact that you dislike the tc, the tc's weight, the tc's motor. This is of course your right. I am sure that many people dislike having to wade through several pages of your quibbles, but I get a chuckle out of it sometimes so I just wanted to say thanks. May we all suffer through countless more of your humorous, informative, knowledgeable posts.
How am i informative? Your entire post was off topic to begin with. I post knowledgable information given what i have seen, what i have experienced, and what i know. I'm not going to apologize just because i don't own a tC. I like the tC, i just don't like certain things about it. My opinion, that doesn't mean i'm going to put down anyone for buying one.

If you don't like my input, do yourself a favor and don't read it. Rythmnsmoke and I are always at it in threads, yet lately we have come to an agreement on this thread and aside from the arguing and disagreement, there is information to be had. If people would look away from what i drive and look into what i'm actually saying, maybe some or alot of you would shut up as far as putting what i say down based on useless information not provided by me, but provided by a little box that says what i drive and a profile. Thanks for wasting peoples time when they read your informative, off topic, and 100% useless comment towards one of my posts.

Edit: If you'd like to contribute to this thread, then contribute. Since you replied to one of the posts of which i provided a video or two, respond to that. But don't be a jacka_s by just trying to argue or whatever else you wanted to gain.
Old 06-29-2006, 03:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Anyway,

i'm watching your video and i notice that the Si driver keeps letting off the gas as soon as he passed, which makes it hard to determine how much he actually would have beat you by in the 1/4 or just on the street. The tint sucks for filming man! lol

But yeah, the video doesn't do any justice for the Si driver if he keeps letting off the gas, and it makes me question if he even knows how to race properly. Do you know where he was launching at? Not trying to start another huge argument with you, but i have seen Si's run faster than that and also with just intake, watch the video of a Si, two videos combined down low 14's. A trd s/cer, with exhaust would be able to hang to a Si with a intake, without the intake and just a tC with an s-pipe makes no real sense, not with the Si times and not with the tC times and mod.
Old 06-29-2006, 05:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yes sis are pretty fast but you know what so are lotus elises and the guy in your video ran a 15.25(which is slow for that car) thats slower thand a stock tc or a i/h/e mazda 626 (garbage) so that just goes to show any body can have a bad launch or poor driving skills, and make there car look bad to other car owners. btw just curious not trying to poke fun or anything but have you ran you xb and what time did it run if you did? again not trying to make fun just curious. thank you.
Old 06-29-2006, 02:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

I know these are whp numbers, but you can do the math and see that this puts the crank power into the 200's. I can't find that crank one though, but these should prove what i mentioned earlier.

Ismokeguys; I don't know your friend so i can't say he sucks or he doesn't. But i can say, with confidence, a bone stock Si can keep up with a rsx-s just fine. The stock numbers compared to a rsx-s stock numbers are only 2-6whp difference, and also little difference as far as pull and track times so i've seen. A tC shouldn't be able to keep up with a stock Si that easily, not with just a s-pipe.

You watched the vid right, enough said. And wasn't it you that posted a dyno sheet of an 06 Si with I/H/E putting down 197whp? Someone posted a dyno of an 06 Si with I/H/E and it put down 197whp.

PS...If you haven't realized yet, DYNO #'s are OVERRATED. It's about how you get that power to the ground when racing is what Matters most.

Quick Reply: tC vs ___