Autosports & Technique
General driving and racing...

tC vs ___

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2006, 10:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I beat a 96 GS-T runinng 16psi it was so sweet but he didnt want to stop and go so we were on a 30mph roll
i was like i won hahaa

my vids link

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=66275518
Old 06-18-2006, 10:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by legionscion
I beat a 96 GS-T runinng 16psi it was so sweet but he didnt want to stop and go so we were on a 30mph roll
i was like i won hahaa

my vids link

Either your lying or he was a horrible driver, or lied about the psi. At 16psi, i've seen most dyno's hit between 290-340whp depending on set up and conditions obviously. But lets just say 290whp, with your n/a set up assuming thats still the set up, your pushing maybe 155whp?

With the other driver a horrible driver, anything is possible. Kind of how rythmnsmoke runs.
Old 06-19-2006, 11:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by killerxromances
i was like i won hahaa

my vids link

Either your lying or he was a horrible driver, or lied about the psi. At 16psi, i've seen most dyno's hit between 290-340whp depending on set up and conditions obviously. But lets just say 290whp, with your n/a set up assuming thats still the set up, your pushing maybe 155whp?

With the other driver a horrible driver, anything is possible. Kind of how rythmnsmoke runs.

why will i be lying 30mph roll, and if you want me to tell the guy who i raced and tell's you on the camera will i be lying i have like 185-190-hp i know how to use my car and take good care of it i stad side by side with a cobalt i race my friend 92 240sx SR20 turbo he was running 8psi w/intake, and full exhaust and a fule pump from a 300zxtt he beat me by 1 1/2 cars and the 2nd race by 2 cars and dont tell me 240sx is slow then the a gt-s ( be side ppl are stupid cuz they think they could run high boost w/out tunning it so he boost it up to 16psi and he told us and he didnt say any thing when i beat him he just told me that my car was fast and did you also look at my 15-70mph run ya i thout so and that run is QwiK
Old 06-19-2006, 02:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Are you Serious dude? You think I'm a professional going against a bunch of noobs...thanks for the compliment I guess. But not the case dude.

ps....I'll smoke you like a cuban cigar. Maybe I should put on a pair of roller blades to make it fair.
Old 06-19-2006, 02:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Default Re: tc vs ___

Originally Posted by ISmokeGuys
Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Originally Posted by scion_jon
Originally Posted by ajnast4r
just to clarify

rsx type S... NO
celica gts... NO
integra gsr... NO
tiburon v6... NO
99-00 civic SI... NO
h22 prelude... NO

00+ eclipse 4cyl... yes
00+ eclipse 6cyl... probably not
integra gs... drivers race
celica gt... probably not
01+ civic SI... drivers race
rsx base... drivers race
all other civics... yes
*-99 eclipse gs/rs... yes
mazda3 2.3L... drivers race

and if you drive an auto, change every one of those to NO

dude i totally whomped a v6 tiburon, maybe u should try racing one, and before you say no i didnt and it wasnt a v6, i checked it out and it was.
And it probably came down to the fact you were a better driver. Rythmnsmoke has shown a video or two of him smoking a ep3, yet almost every things else i have seen, in person, video, so on proves the ep3 vs tC in both stock forums are equal. Including a few other tC owners here with videos.

I cant believe some of the crap you guys are saying on here. You look like a bunch of a*sholes claiming the tC can smoke everything and anything. Just because you have a 2.4l and is the most expensive scion (big wow there) doesn't mean anything.

ajnast4r has it pretty much right if you are talking stock vs stock. Although the integra gs i'd change to a yes. Give it up and quit acting like its the end of the world because you can't beat _____, tC is not fast, is top heavy, and the 2az isn't some great performance motor either.

Sorry Killer, I have to disagree with you. ajnast4r is not right. And I don't think anyone is saying the tC is ALMIGHTY. It's just that with the right driver, this list is misconstrued. I don't feel like correcting it either.
Yeah, right driver as in you being the right driver and oh lets take your ep3 videos for example. Crappy ep3 driver, you a better driver, bam you win. Proves pretty much nothing when you look at it that way. Hey, i beat a viper today in my box. He was stopped, but he was in his car and the motor was running so it was a race, he just sucked at driving.

Riiiiiiiiiggggghhhhhttttt....
A friend of mine with a ep3 stage 2 clutch with i/h/e, pretty equal to your set up in terms of power mods has raced a friend of his with a tC i/h/full exhaust and short shifter, he beat him twice and lost once, i'd say thats pretty equal. Not to mention the countless videos online you can find of ep3's or older civics beating or coming very, very close to tC drivers. So "riiighhht" would be right.

I'll smoke your friends ep3 too..

You think an ep3 with a stage 2 clutch with i/h/e is pretty equal to our setup... I see you have been in dark for quite some time now, if you think an ep3 with those mods equal 300ponies to the ground.
Old 06-20-2006, 01:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Are you Serious dude? You think I'm a professional going against a bunch of noobs...thanks for the compliment I guess. But not the case dude.
ps....I'll smoke you like a cuban cigar. Maybe I should put on a pair of roller blades to make it fair.
No, I never said your a professional. But what i am saying is the EP3 driver wasn't as good as you. Sure, that is a compliment. I'm not saying that you didn't beat any Civic, what I am saying is its easy to beat
someone that isn't as good of a driver. That's my point and i stand by that. I didn't know your tC had 300whp? I was looking at the profile all it had was I/H/E and a few other things.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 04-15-2020 at 04:46 AM. Reason: Awarded 15 Yr Badge
Old 06-20-2006, 01:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i was like i won hahaa

my vids link

why will i be lying 30mph roll, and if you want me to tell the guy who i raced and tell's you on the camera will i be lying i have like 185-190-hp i know how to use my car and take good care of it i stad side by side with a cobalt i race my friend 92 240sx SR20 turbo he was running 8psi w/intake, and full exhaust and a fule pump from a 300zxtt he beat me by 1 1/2 cars and the 2nd race by 2 cars and dont tell me 240sx is slow then the a gt-s ( be side ppl are stupid cuz they think they could run high boost w/out tunning it so he boost it up to 16psi and he told us and he didnt say any thing when i beat him he just told me that my car was fast and did you also look at my 15-70mph run ya i thout so and that run is QwiK
"DC Sport Header, CAI K&N Pips with Secret Weapon Filter, Nology Coil-on-plug Ignition Wires, ZPI Pulley, Megan Full Cat-Back Exhaust, Megan S-pipe, NonStopTuning Alternator & WP-Lite KIT" are those all your mods? If so you are no where near 190whp. I've seen i/h/e, pulley, pistons and a few minor things only hit 179whp. The 2az i have never seen n/a much beyond that, or heard of one. It falls on its face n/a so far. With those mods you are more than likely around 155-160whp tops.

Oh, and from a 30mph roll doesn't make up over 150whp give or take difference between the two cars. Now if you were saying 60mph+ then i could see your point. He is not running 16psi and if he thinks your car is fast than wow.
Old 06-20-2006, 07:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Society
SL Member

Killer you are seriously mis-informed about the tC

I/H/E, P&P, Valve work, Pully, 11.1 Pistons...

Just because you haven't seen a tC at 225+ whp doesn't mean its in capable.

I have yet to see anyone with 11.1 piston heads in a tC, but I know the P&P alone adds like 25 hp and 27 ftlb.

That is already 165 on lets say a 140 whp stock tC. when some dyno at 144 whp. Add I/H/E thats a good 25 or so whp.. Thats 180 right there.. and not even including a 11.1 piston instal....
Old 06-20-2006, 11:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i was like i won hahaa

my vids link

"DC Sport Header, CAI K&N Pips with Secret Weapon Filter, Nology Coil-on-plug Ignition Wires, ZPI Pulley, Megan Full Cat-Back Exhaust, Megan S-pipe, NonStopTuning Alternator & WP-Lite KIT" are those all your mods? If so you are no where near 190whp. I've seen i/h/e, pulley, pistons and a few minor things only hit 179whp. The 2az i have never seen n/a much beyond that, or heard of one. It falls on its face n/a so far. With those mods you are more than likely around 155-160whp tops.

Oh, and from a 30mph roll doesn't make up over 150whp give or take difference between the two cars. Now if you were saying 60mph+ then i could see your point. He is not running 16psi and if he thinks your car is fast than wow.
alright then im going to take my cam to intervie him and he is going to tell you what happened
Old 06-20-2006, 02:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

No, i never said your a professional. But what i am saying is the ep3 driver wasn't as good as you. Sure, that is a compliment. I'm not saying that you didn't beat any civic, what i am saying is its easy to beat someone that isn't as good of a driver. Thats my point and i stand by that.
And you come to this conclusion based on what factors, seeing as how you wasn't there or how you didn't know the guy and all?

I didn't know your tc had 300whp? I was looking at the profile all it had was i/h/e and a few other things.

I never update it
Old 06-20-2006, 02:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

i was like i won hahaa

my vids link

WRONG AGAIN! MikeScion dynoed 169whp with an I/H/E and crank pulley....And it was on a Dyno Dynamics. So, with above mentioned mods, I would estimate him to be in the 180-190whp range. Sorry dude, you don't know anything about the tC, yet you still pretend to know what it's capable of.
Old 06-20-2006, 03:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Seriously Killer, You are going to have to start coming up with factual evidence, otherwise I'm just going to have to keep dosing you with some good EDUMACATION!

9 sec. 2az ALL MOTOR!

Originally Posted by thatSCIONgirl

The first pass I made in Dinwiddie VA was the first pass ever in this brand new car. It was a 20 somthing second pass & the car launched hard to the left , so i made the decision to let off . I did not want to endanger myself or the car in the other lane. My second pass was a 10.50 ...I know ....I know, not a nine but we didn't think it was too shabby, it was only the second pass we had made as a team. Since then the car has been in 9s twice, and low tens quite a few times. I hope to continuing improving our performance over the next few months. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone at the upcoming SCION VIP events at the rest of our races this season.
Old 06-20-2006, 03:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Last edited by MR_LUV; 04-15-2020 at 04:32 AM. Reason: Awarded 15 Yr Badge
Old 06-20-2006, 03:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Seriously Killer, You are going to have to start coming up with factual evidence, otherwise I'm just going to have to keep dosing you with some good EDUMACATION!

9 sec. 2az ALL MOTOR!

Originally Posted by thatSCIONgirl

The first pass I made in Dinwiddie VA was the first pass ever in this brand new car. It was a 20 somthing second pass & the car launched hard to the left , so i made the decision to let off . I did not want to endanger myself or the car in the other lane. My second pass was a 10.50 ...I know ....I know, not a nine but we didn't think it was too shabby, it was only the second pass we had made as a team. Since then the car has been in 9s twice, and low tens quite a few times. I hope to continuing improving our performance over the next few months. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone at the upcoming SCION VIP events at the rest of our races this season.

and they still think it's not posible !!! thats what I call low faith people!!!!

any engine with the right tuning and enough money can be pushed to unbeleivable numbers!!!

This is one case and the other could be the ZPI turbo xB which is giving incredible numbers!!

anyways the tC vs ___ threads are everywhere and since I don't see them ending why don't any of the mods do a sticky thread so that everyone post it there and evryone who does not want to read about the tC vs ___ just don't go there!!
Old 06-20-2006, 05:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TimmyT

I have yet to see anyone with 11.1 piston heads in a tC, but I know the P&P alone adds like 25 hp and 27 ftlb.

That is already 165 on lets say a 140 whp stock tC. when some dyno at 144 whp. Add I/H/E thats a good 25 or so whp.. Thats 180 right there.. and not even including a 11.1 piston instal....
Okay, i'm open on this. Show me a n/a tC here or anywhere above 200whp. Show me and i will gladly shut up. Show me a n/a tC with over 200whp with only i/h/e, port and polish and maybe 1 or 2 other small things. Show me a 180whp n/a tC with only i/h/e. I mean seriously, if you can prove it more power to you but i have yet to see that. Almost all i/h/e set ups i have seen yeild no more than 160whp with mmw's header. Some dyno 144whp, truth but majority dyno in the 130's not 140's, especially mid 140's that means the dyno is off. Only 15hp drivetrain loss is pretty minimal for 160 crank. Maybe if conditions are literally perfect i could see 140's, but you would never see that in real life. Again, you want to prove me wrong show me a real dyno run of a tC with minimal n/a mods pulling 180whp. Otherwise, don't try to prove me wrong.

Hey rythmn, nice try but that 9sec tC isn't hardly a tC. Light weight body, professional drag racing specs and, i also might add that all professional drag tC's i've read about and seen videos of, 2-3 of them, have been 2jz powered or one of the v8's toyota has. Show me that is a n/a 2az, wheres the specs? You have a picture, that proves nothing and even if it is a 2az, and even if it is n/a, it weighs much less than a tC and it isn't even a tC body, and i seriously, seriously doubt its a 2az chasis.
Old 06-20-2006, 06:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Okay, i'm open on this. Show me a n/a tC here or anywhere above 200whp. Show me and i will gladly shut up. Show me a n/a tC with over 200whp with only i/h/e, port and polish and maybe 1 or 2 other small things. Show me a 180whp n/a tC with only i/h/e. I mean seriously, if you can prove it more power to you but i have yet to see that. Almost all i/h/e set ups i have seen yeild no more than 160whp with mmw's header. Some dyno 144whp, truth but majority dyno in the 130's not 140's, especially mid 140's that means the dyno is off. Only 15hp drivetrain loss is pretty minimal for 160 crank. Maybe if conditions are literally perfect i could see 140's, but you would never see that in real life. Again, you want to prove me wrong show me a real dyno run of a tC with minimal n/a mods pulling 180whp. Otherwise, don't try to prove me wrong.

Hey rythmn, nice try but that 9sec tC isn't hardly a tC. Light weight body, professional drag racing specs and, i also might add that all professional drag tC's i've read about and seen videos of, 2-3 of them, have been 2jz powered or one of the v8's toyota has. Show me that is a n/a 2az, wheres the specs? You have a picture, that proves nothing and even if it is a 2az, and even if it is n/a, it weighs much less than a tC and it isn't even a tC body, and i seriously, seriously doubt its a 2az chasis.

Dude, the topic of debate is the capability of the 2aZ. What the rest of the car has, is just a by-product of it being able to get down the 1320 faster. They are not power producing mods. You wanted a 2az that was N/A. I gave it to you. Then you complain about it being lighter. SO! If you took that motor and slapped it into a full equipped tC, you think it's going to run anything LESS than a 13? I think Not.

How about you show me a N/A Civic WITHOUT a motor swap above 200whp. Show me a n/a Civic with over 150whp with only i/h/e, port and polish and maybe 1 or 2 other small things. AGAIN NO ENGINE SWAP. Show me a 180whp n/a Civic with only i/h/e. I mean seriously, if you can prove it more power to you, but that dosen't change the fact that....

HONDA'S SUCK...

Yeah majority dyno's in the 130's not 140's.....YEAH FOR AUTOMATICS! Dude, we dynoed 140 on a Dyno Dynamics when we were just exhaust and s-pipe. On a Dyno jet, that would be like 150whp +.

Do your home work first before making claims. Everytime I see your post, you say "this, and that", but you never post links, evidence, vids, pics, NOTHING....nadda. Everything I ever say to dispute you, I come back with dyno's, pics, vids, HARD evidence, and all you can ever do is say...."well that car is lighter, he just couldn't drive, you must be the betterr driver"....

Give it up already dude....The tC is NOT slower than a crap Civic.
Old 06-20-2006, 07:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^
Go to any ep3 forum and you will see a ton of civics with 160whp+ with just basic mods. The new si with just i/h/e puts it around 195-200whp, what does honda have to do with anything on this thread? Nothing.

Yeah, this is about the 2az and the tC. Not about a professionally set up drag car. Show me an actual tC (i do not count that tC you showed me a tC, theres nothing about it thats tC and i doubt that chasis is even original, or the motor but i'll give you the motor for sake of arguing)

Show me ONE automatic that dyno'd in the mid 130s!!! All autos dyno in the 120's , you being a tC owner should know this.

tC is equal to a ep3, period. I'm sorry you hate hondas that much, but the tC is not fast and you are giving way off numbers. I've seen two stock autos dyno at 120-122whp, i've seen a i/h/e auto dyno at 137whp.
Old 06-20-2006, 07:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't post dyno runs majority of the time because believe it or not, i am busy and i'm in the process of getting things ready to move out. I'm also about to get ready for work.

Everything i have said can easily be looked up on your own, if you want evidence later tonight or tomorrow i will do it just for you, just to show you with "hard evidence". Ironically, the few times I have shown you things you still argue with me and still try to prove me wrong.
And if all else fails you bring up torque. Which as we all know except apparent tC owners, torque doesn't win races. If it did, it would be impossible for a Honda motor to beat any domestic v6 or v8 since they have crap loads of torque.

Argue all you want, but 150whp with just a s-pipe and exhaust is bs, an auto dynoing in the 130's is bs, that "tC" you showed me is bs since its hardly a tC, and i seriously doubt that motor in that tC is a 2AZ. Show me where it is.
Wheres that evidence? You claim you have shown me evidence, all you have done is picked up a professional picture of a drag car. How is THAT evidence? Hmm? Not only is that car much lighter, its not even a real freaking tC.

You can say I'm just making up excuses, but in the end all I've said is valid, true, and you know it. You just can't face the fact someone that drove a xB, someone that prefers Hondas, can be right.
After all, you drive the all effing mighty tC. You can smoke anything with all that torque, all that motor, and lets not forget the most expensive Scion.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 04-15-2020 at 04:54 AM. Reason: Awarded 15 Yr Badge
Old 06-20-2006, 07:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^
Go to any ep3 forum and you will see a ton of civics with 160whp+ with just basic mods. The new si with just i/h/e puts it around 195-200whp, what does honda have to do with anything on this thread? Nothing.

Yeah, this is about the 2az and the tC. Not about a professionally set up drag car. Show me an actual tC (i do not count that tC you showed me a tC, theres nothing about it thats tC and i doubt that chasis is even original, or the motor but i'll give you the motor for sake of arguing)

Show me ONE automatic that dyno'd in the mid 130s!!! All autos dyno in the 120's , you being a tC owner should know this.

tC is equal to a ep3, period. I'm sorry you hate hondas that much, but the tC is not fast and you are giving way off numbers. I've seen two stock autos dyno at 120-122whp, i've seen a i/h/e auto dyno at 137whp.

You brought up the ep3, and yeah the 06 Si will put down that, but they come from the factory with 195 @ the crank dude. You cry about so much info, and yet you don't even own a tC. I will muscle through my countless vids to find you a dyno of a tc. But it wouldn't shut you up, cause all you would do is say the dyno was off.

PS...funny how I'm sure everyone in this thread will agree with me, and yet I'm the one who's OFF with his #'s.
Old 06-20-2006, 07:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Society
SL Member

Killer. I already said I haven't seen anyone with 11.1 piston heads. I never said a tC w/ just I/H/E dyno's at 180.. Learn to read man.

I said a tC w/ P&P along with I/H/E would put down about 180 whp. P&P + valve work at a machine shop takes like 2 days. Cost like 600 bucks, and I/H/E cost about a grand. I would call those minor N/A modifications.

Quick Reply: tC vs ___