Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 07:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by killerxromances
I don't post dyno runs majority of the time because believe it or not, i am busy and i'm in the process of getting things ready to move out. I'm also about to get ready for work.

Everything i have said can easily be looked up on your own, if you want evidence later tonight or tomorrow i will do it just for you, just to show you with "hard evidence". Ironically, the few times i have shown you things you still argue with me and still try to prove me wrong. And if all else fails you bring up torque. Which as we all know except apparent tC owners, torque doesn't win races. If it did, it would be impossible for a Honda motor to beat any domestic v6 or v8 since they have crap loads of torque. Argue all you want, but 150whp with just a s-pipe and exhaust is bs, an auto dynoing in the 130's is bs, that "tC" you showed me is bs since its hardly a tC, and i seriously doubt that motor in that tC is a 2-AZ. Show me where it is. Wheres that evidence? You claim you have shown me evidence, all you have done is picked up a professional picture of a drag car. How is THAT evidence? Hmm? Not only is that car much lighter, its not even a real freaking tC. You can say I'm just making up excuses, but in the end all i've said is valid, true, and you know it. You just can't face the fact someone that drove a xb, someone that perfers hondas, can be right. After all, you drive the all effing mighty tC. You can smoke anything with all that torque, all that motor, and lets not forget the most expensive Scion.
Correction, I have NEVER seen you post hard evidence. There is a little thing called PWR (Power to Weight Ratio) besides TQ you have to worry about when racing imports against the heavy V6/V8's.

Name: Leslie Durst-Armendariz
Team: Horizon Motorsports
Class: All Motor
Hometown: Long Beach, Calif.
Birthdate: November 12, 1975
Car: 2006 Scion tC
Engine: 2AZ-FE
Crew chief: Arthur Armendariz
Sponsors: Scion, AEM, AEBS, Royal Purple, CP Pistons, Cunningham Rods, Web Cam, Goodyear Racing, Vance & Hines, TWM Induction, SCE Gaskets, Drive Shaft Shop, NGK Spark Plugs, Mechanics Wear
Career NHRA wins: 3
Best e.t.: 9.96
Best speed: 133 mph
You were saying?

Oh, guess I'm just making up dyno runs too of dynoing 150whp with S-pipe and exhaust.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 04-15-2020 at 04:59 AM. Reason: Awarded 15 Yr Badge
Old 06-20-2006, 07:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Funny how you start to break down and get all upset when I start laying down the facts for you. Here how about you try this on for size:

Done on a Dyno Dynamics

Originally Posted by yamaha16bw

left is me tC with s-pipe, ZPI mid pipe and trd axel back, right is 5 mins later with the ZPI crank pulley V.2.

The tq. was 145 on the left and 163.0 on the right

BUT WAIT, the dyno must be off so, forget about the fact he dynoed on a Dyno Dynamics with just an exhaust and v2. crank pulley. I can do this all day. We dynoed on the same dyno at 140whp with just ZPI exhaust/ZPI S-pipe/Blitz Nur Spec Muffler. Each tC is going to be slightly different of course.

Open Mouth...Insert Foot...
Old 06-20-2006, 07:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's not necessarily the car that makes the winner, it's the driver. You can tune a top performance vehicle to be the best performance wise, but that doesn't guarantee a W. Plus you can mod the TC to make it lighter by taking out the unnecessary stuff like radio and AC.
Old 06-20-2006, 07:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Funny how you start to break down and get all upset when I start laying down the facts for you. Here how about you try this on for size:

Done on a Dyno Dynamics

left is me tC with s-pipe, ZPI mid pipe and trd axel back, right is 5 mins later with the ZPI crank pulley V.2.

BUT WAIT, the dyno must be off so, forget about the fact he dynoed on a Dyno Dynamics with just an exhaust and v2. crank pulley. I can do this all day. We dynoed on the same dyno at 140whp with just ZPI exhaust/ZPI S-pipe/Blitz Nur Spec Muffler. Each tC is going to be slightly different of course.

Okay, lets say the dyno is accurate. 146whp with crank, and full exhaust. Okay, this sort of proves my point that with an addition of a intake and header it would be around 155-160whp. Why do i say this would only yeild 10-15whp more? Because the entire system works together, you can add seperate gains all you want but thats not how a motor accurately works. So lets just break it down to 146, add i/h and you'd probably be right at or right under 160whp. So lets see, what did i say earlier? Most i/h/e yeilds what? Oh yeah, thats right 155-160whp.

Now lets go further and say port and polish, in order to get the best gains who ever is doing the head job has to do it perfectly. I've seen head jobs where the dyno's show less whp than the dyno runs prior to the port and polish, also lets all remember all motors respond differently to the same mods.

So rythmn, you really proved my point. Thanks.

I'm going to work, so you can argue back and Timmy can argue with me too. The funny thing is, the people that agree with you rythmn are the ones that obviously dislike me and thats an automatic point loss for me. Plus, no one wants to hear some valid information from a non tC owner, i mean common its not like i know anything anyway.
Old 06-20-2006, 07:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Done on a Dyno Dynamics

Okay, lets say the dyno is accurate. 146whp with crank, and full exhaust. Okay, this sort of proves my point that with an addition of a intake and header it would be around 155-160whp. Why do i say this would only yeild 10-15whp more? Because the entire system works together, you can add seperate gains all you want but thats not how a motor accurately works. So lets just break it down to 146, add i/h and you'd probably be right at or right under 160whp. So lets see, what did i say earlier? Most i/h/e yeilds what? Oh yeah, thats right 155-160whp.

Now lets go further and say port and polish, in order to get the best gains who ever is doing the head job has to do it perfectly. I've seen head jobs where the dyno's show less whp than the dyno runs prior to the port and polish, also lets all remember all motors respond differently to the same mods.

I'm going to work, so you can argue back and Timmy can argue with me too. The funny thing is, the people that agree with you rythmn are the ones that obviously dislike me and thats an automatic point loss for me. Plus, no one wants to hear some valid information from a non tC owner, i mean common its not like i know anything anyway.

HMMM....What planet are you living on. It does not prove your point, because I told you another tC the SAME DAY, THE SAME DYNO, put down 169whp and like 170+ tq with I/H/E. I think he had a crank can't remember. Also, this is a DYNO DYNAMIC, or did you forget that. That would mean, this dyno pictured is reading at least 15% lower than normal dyno's. On a Dyno Jet this dyno would be like 155-160+whp. Add a Header to this setup, and your looking at 165-170whp. Add an Injen Intake....WELL, I GUESS YOU GET THE POINT!

Again, do your home work man.

No one said you didn't know anything. I'm just saying you don't know crap about the tC.
Old 06-20-2006, 08:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Society
SL Member

What ever killer. ep3s are teh suck. I have almost no power mods and I beat I/H/E ep3s all the time.

But i am not exactly stock either.
Old 06-20-2006, 08:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i just wanted to say the new civic si is nothing more or less than a rsx-s. i blew the doors off a brand new civic not si when my car was bone stock on the highway from 65 mph where hp rules not torque lol. and i mean blew him away.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i beat a new civic si last week. i have to admit it was definately a close race, but i beat him.....too bad he was bone stock :\
Old 06-21-2006, 03:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Done on a Dyno Dynamics

HMMM....What planet are you living on. It does not prove your point, because I told you another tC the SAME DAY, THE SAME DYNO, put down 169whp and like 170+ tq with I/H/E. I think he had a crank can't remember. Also, this is a DYNO DYNAMIC, or did you forget that. That would mean, this dyno pictured is reading at least 15% lower than normal dyno's. On a Dyno Jet this dyno would be like 155-160+whp. Add a Header to this setup, and your looking at 165-170whp. Add an Injen Intake....WELL, I GUESS YOU GET THE POINT!

No one said you didn't know anything. I'm just saying you don't know crap about the tC.
Right, 165-170whp. Okay, yeah. I dont know crap about the tC yet NO ONE has ever seen a n/a tC in the 180's, maybe 170's but i haven't seen it. The same day another tC yet you don't have that dyno run? So i'm going to have to trust someone that i already don't believe? If dyno jet reads 15% more with those mods then something is wrong with that particular dyno jet. I have personally seen, a friends tC run on a dyno jet with i/h/e, s-pipe, and then a few non-performance mods with 18's dyno at 163whp, stock he said he was dyno'd on a DYNO JET at 134whp stock, i never saw the sheet but i believe him.

I don't know crap about the tC yet at least i'm not lying just to make a point.
Old 06-21-2006, 03:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by dp-_-
i beat a new civic si last week. i have to admit it was definately a close race, but i beat him.....too bad he was bone stock :\
Yeah, too bad it wasn't rythmnsmoke driving your car, he would have "smoked the crap out of him" because civics and hondas suck, they are slow, and he owns everything. Also, apparently with your mods you must be pushing 185whp.
Old 06-21-2006, 04:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

blitch i got 215 don't dis me. did you ever see my i beat a box last night quote it was great lol.

your post:
I might want to also bring up, although most tC owners will disagree with this. The Ep3 Si is dead equal to a tC. It has been proven more times than disproved. With i/h/e and a light weight crank pulley, i have seen a few ep3's hit high 14's to low 15's. The point of this is to say that taken that much time off with just a few mods is fairly easy on hondas due to their design. They respond much better to mods than the 2az does. N/a of course. I know your going to disagree with me and thats fine, but i'm not bais and i don't care really what you guys think of my comments. Why not? Because half the community easily thinks their tCs are much faster than what they are, making far fetched claims as to "I smoked _____ last night" and stuff like that.

my post:

i smoked an xb last night.
Old 06-21-2006, 04:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

btw killer why aren't you on the hondafitclub website talking all this crap about how honda is so superior to toyota.

this is from a previous post. this saying honda engines are all crazy and the best to mod are people forgeting about the 4age 3sgte and the 2jz these are all very buildable along with crazy amounts of nissan motors. rite now toyota is busy taking over the car world they don't have time to fiddle with motors that accept the aftermarket. but if you look into autosports you will see toyota makes race motors for race applications and daily driver cars for daily driven applications. i'm not saying honda sucks or anything but saying they're the BEST to modify i disagree. i'll take a sr20det powered 240 or a vq powered 350z to modify any day over any honda on the market. and also the 1.6 liter 4age from the 80s is capable of supporting 1000hp with high compression pistons and f/i true they have to rebuild it after every race but name the honda 1.6 that you can do that with.
Old 06-21-2006, 04:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 2redgerm6
btw killer why aren't you on the hondafitclub website talking all this crap about how honda is so superior to toyota.

this is from a previous post. this saying honda engines are all crazy and the best to mod are people forgeting about the 4age 3sgte and the 2jz these are all very buildable along with crazy amounts of nissan motors. rite now toyota is busy taking over the car world they don't have time to fiddle with motors that accept the aftermarket. but if you look into autosports you will see toyota makes race motors for race applications and daily driver cars for daily driven applications. i'm not saying honda sucks or anything but saying they're the BEST to modify i disagree. i'll take a sr20det powered silvia or a vq powered 350z to modify any day over any honda on the market.
And those 4age, 3sg, 2jz really aren't produced anymore. Especially the 4 and 3, i never said honda motors were best in the world, but compared to toyota they are much better designed for performance in mind than toyota. Sure, everyone has cracked vtec jokes and a lot of people do tend to take vtec way overboard, but vtec does have an advantage especially over vvt-i or vvtl-i.

You can also look into autosports and you will see that spoon and mugen both have tons of race, daily, track, road course environment parts.. Not to mention all the other aftermarket companies. I get what your saying, i really do and at least you are respectable in your posts.

And i do have accounts on honda forums, most are old accounts from my 97 gsr days but yeah. I have never said Toyota was a bad company, i drive one. But with raw performance in mind, Honda does it best in the sport compact world. At least thats my opinion. Of course, Honda has slacked a little bit in the usdm market compared to what other countries get. They need to bring back a type r, possibly the civic type r and bring back another coupe. Maybe a del sol oriented car.

Anyway, Honda doesn't own the world neither does Toyota, neither does any car manufacture. We all have opinions, but facts are facts and i get a lot of heat for speaking the truth.

If anyone can show me some dyno sheets or runs of the following that rythmnsmoke so loves to argue about, i will give the n/a tC a little more respect.
- i/h/e tC with 180whp
- i/h/e, port polish head or 11:1 pistons with 180whp+
- i/h/e crank pulley with 175whp+
- Any n/a tC with over 175whp
- A stock manual dynoing in the 140's
- A stock automatic dynoing in the 130's

The reason why i don't believe any of this, is because of all the n/a sheets, runs, and in person views i have seen, i have yet to see any of this. I want to see proof of this, not some guy talking all this crap and pulling up files that doesn't prove much of anything and then claiming "later that day...".
Old 06-21-2006, 06:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

good responce. when i start working again and get the money flowing again (broken leg for 3 1/2 months yea) i'll dyno and post (with pic and type of dyno and conditions and... lol) as you see i only have cai and header back so i'm sure everyone will be interested what that nets.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

okay i talk to the guy with the GT-S and from the looks from it he has more things i think he is going to boost more and i got a race like in 2-3weeks (we set rules here ) so in 2-3 weeks im going to take my camera and interviwe him and tell us what he has and how much boost was he running so now no more fighting alright if i lose by a car then i know he did to his car i sa a bigger intercooler so yes more lag for him better for me this time 1/4mile no on rolls ( no more rolls stop and go )
Old 06-21-2006, 02:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Done on a Dyno Dynamics

Right, 165-170whp. Okay, yeah. I dont know crap about the tC yet NO ONE has ever seen a n/a tC in the 180's, maybe 170's but i haven't seen it. The same day another tC yet you don't have that dyno run? So i'm going to have to trust someone that i already don't believe? If dyno jet reads 15% more with those mods then something is wrong with that particular dyno jet. I have personally seen, a friends tC run on a dyno jet with i/h/e, s-pipe, and then a few non-performance mods with 18's dyno at 163whp, stock he said he was dyno'd on a DYNO JET at 134whp stock, i never saw the sheet but i believe him.

I don't know crap about the tC yet at least i'm not lying just to make a point.

Just as I thought. I show you one dyno, and you ask to see the rest. If I showed you 500 dyno's, you still wouldn't believe me anyway, so what's the point.

Dude, your such a tool. What part of "I HAVE VIDEO'S" do you not understand.

PS...Do your homework and look up Dyno Dynamics vs. Dyno Jets...
Old 06-21-2006, 03:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

i get a lot of heat for speaking the truth.

If anyone can show me some dyno sheets or runs of the following that rythmnsmoke so loves to argue about, i will give the n/a tC a little more respect.
- i/h/e tC with 180whp
- i/h/e, port polish head or 11:1 pistons with 180whp+
- i/h/e crank pulley with 175whp+
- Any n/a tC with over 175whp
- A stock manual dynoing in the 140's
- A stock automatic dynoing in the 130's

The reason why i don't believe any of this, is because of all the n/a sheets, runs, and in person views i have seen, i have yet to see any of this. I want to see proof of this, not some guy talking all this crap and pulling up files that doesn't prove much of anything and then claiming "later that day...".

Speaking the truth..... Dude are you serious? I can't believe the stuff that comes out of your mouth. I pull up files, vids, and everything else, and you pull up JACK SQUAT! and Jack left town. Your so called facts are nothing but mere opinions. LET ME GUESS, Honda is still producing H22 powered Preludes right? Yeah, just as much as Toyota is producing 3sgte Powered Celicas and MR2's.

You try to down play saying Toyota don't make those anymore, yet, if you said anything about the H22, then you would make an excuse to justify why it's fair game.

I might want to also bring up, although most tC owners will disagree with this. The Ep3 Si is dead equal to a tC. It has been proven more times than disproved. With i/h/e and a light weight crank pulley, i have seen a few ep3's hit high 14's to low 15's.

Dude, I did that with just S-pipe and Exhaust. With I/H/E and a crank pulley, Constant 14's are done in a tC. Seen it, video taped it, get over it.

Here is the secret to why no one ever takes what you say seriously, (not because you don't have a tC), but because YOU DON'T BACK IT UP!

Any and everything I say, I can prove it one way or the other with Hard Evidence. You keep beating around the bush and dodging me everytime I say POST IT UP BRO! You still don't. You make an excuse. I show you a 2az with some kick a$$ power, and you say it's not good enough, because the car surrounding it isn't a stock tC.....AND! Your point being? It's the motor we are talking about, not the rest of the car. If we took the motor out, and strapped it to an engine dyno, what would the excuse be then? OH, well THERE IS NO CAR TO GO WITH IT... It's one excuse after another.
Old 06-21-2006, 04:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ Constant 14's with i/h/e my ___.

You showed me A dyno graph of A tC under 150whp, how did you show me proof to back up your claims of 180whp with i/h/e? Because you claim this would be a 15% increase? If you seriously think this,
this should be common and I'm sure you can find a dyno jet of a n/a tC with i/h/e dynoing in the 180's. I mean seriously, if your going to talk all this stuff about how the tC does 180's, bring a dyno sheet here that shows it.

I don't need to post anything on here because all you or anyone else has to do is search here or search anywhere and you won't find a I/H/E 2-AZ tC in the 180's, you won't find a tC period n/a any where near 200whp.
Why wont you? Because there would be a huge thread about it because they would be the first person to achieve this.

But wait! All the dynos must show an additional 15% loss because its not done on dyno jet therefore its throwing false numbers.
I guess everyone that dynos never uses dyno jet although its 100% accurate since no one has pushed any of the claimed numbers n/a.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 04-15-2020 at 05:09 AM. Reason: Awarded 10 Yr Badge
Old 06-21-2006, 04:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dude, you haven't proved ANYTHING! you showed us a dyno of a tC under 150whp, what the hell does that prove? If you think I/H/E yields 180whp find a graph that proves 180whp. You haven't given any proof of this because it doesn't exist.

Quit talking down to me and pull your head out of your as s and find a dyno of this 180whp, 200whp n/a tC.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 04-15-2020 at 05:11 AM. Reason: Awarded 10 Yr Badge
Old 06-21-2006, 04:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^ Constant 14's with i/h/e my butt.

You showed me A dyno graph of A tC under 150whp, how did you show me proof to back up your claims of 180whp with i/h/e? Because you claim this would be a 15% increase? If you seriously think this, this should be common and i'm sure you can find a dyno jet of a n/a tc with i/h/e dynoing in the 180's. I mean seriously, if your going to talk all this stuff about how the tC does 180's, bring a dyno sheet here that shows it.

I don't need to post anything on here because all you or anyone else has to do is search here or search anywhere and you won't find a i/h/e 2az tc in the 180's, you won't find a tc period n/a any where near 200whp. Why wont you? Because there would be a huge thread about it because they would be the first person to achieve this.

But wait! All the dynos must show an additional 15% loss because its not done on dyno jet therefore its throwing false numbers. I guess everyone that dynos never uses dyno jet although its 100% accurate since no one has pushed any of the claimed numbers n/a.

Dude, you haven't proved ANYTHING! you showed us a dyno of a tc under 150whp, what the hell does that prove? If you think i/h/e yeilds 180whp find a graph that proves 180whp. You haven't given any proof of this because it doesn't exist.

Quit talking down to me and pull your head out of your as s and find a dyno of this 180whp, 200whp n/a tc.

MORE LAME ATTEMPTS TO DODGE THE FACTS.....

I got vids of our tC doing constant 15.1 with just S-pipe and exhaust. I got vids of MikeScion with I/H/E/ZPI Crank pulley doing constant 14.8/14.9. It's in his sig if you want to look it up too. Get off your HIGH HORSE, and stop trying to dodge me. You tell me to search to look for anything you say. But tell me to keep posting dyno's and vids to back up anything I say....WOW, gotta love the Double Standard.

I proved you wrong because the dyno pictured was...

1) Without an Intake

2) Without a Header

TRANSLATION FOR YOU......add the other two mods and pick up at least 8-10 more hp. TRANSLATION FOR YOU......150whp on a dyno dynamics reads at min 15% lower than a dyno jet. Do your homework dude.

What a Joke..

Quick Reply: tC vs ___