General driving and racing...

Top Gear Run and TSX

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 06:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Top Gear Run and TSX

it was saturday nite last nite and i was bored...so i decided to go for a hiway run in the tc (only power mods are custom SR intake and axleback).

So i made my way across town to get on the "Blue Route"/I-476 exit in Villanova. I was planning on making my way south back down to the springfield/Rt. 1 exit, which is near my house.

so theres barely any traffic. i pull up along side a stock tsx for a second, then pull away. A few seconds later, i check my rear view and to my surprise he is staying with me. (not surprised that a tsx could stay with a tc, just that HE did take the bait)

i think i was in 5th at this point, not sure but i had to let off the throttle a second to wait for a slower car to get out of the left lane. The tsx was following me.

there comes a part right before the exit where you go up a pretty steep incline. so i gunned it. I was either at the top of 4th or in 5th...all the way up the incline at WOT. by the time i got to the top the tsx was WAY back...like he either couldn't or didn't want to keep up.

by the time i lifted off the throttle to end the run i had hit approx. 125mph. thats the fastest i've had it since installing the trd shock/strut set to go along with the eibach pro kits. handled pretty good at high speeds....an no sunroof vibration either thanks to Weatherseal foam tape!

either way, it was fun to walk away from a 200hp Acura on a top gear run. either he was a wuss, or...yeah, he was a wuss.
Old 02-11-2007, 06:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

if it was an auto tsx then you woulda given him a run for his money without a doubt...I dyno'd my bone stock 06 auto tsx and it only put down 173whp and 136 ft/lbs...the tC has more tq than the TSX and is significantly lighter and has shorter gearing...top end he will take you whether hes an auto or a stick, I dont think he was trying to be honest. Off the line you will take an auto and be neck and neck with a 5 speed...I couldnt wait 2 months for a 5 speed in the color combo I wanted so i had to settle for the auto, but its still a quick little car when your in sport shift mode.
Old 02-12-2007, 05:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

when i was at acura they had 6 speed 05 models.
Old 02-13-2007, 12:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

probably wasnt trying or didnt expect you to gun it w/out a signal for a race. I dont know about auto TSX, but 6 speed TSX would be a close race........... probably w/ the TSX pulling ahead. I have driven my buds 05 TSX 6 speed and it's pretty good!
Old 02-14-2007, 04:08 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

tsx are definantely no made for racing

one of the most underpowered car in its class
gotta love their hids though
top quality design right there