Who would win??

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 05:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

^^ like he said, You'll have greater chance of winning... if he's bone stock plus an auto, might be close though it depends.. running 15.12 NA i think you're pretty much a decent driver.. And if you get him you'll be steppin on his pride.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by malibuboy54
yeah, you should be able to beat him from a dig, and especially a roll......it all depends for the dig if you can get traction....my advice, you have to flutter the clutch and play with the throttle, you'll eventually find a good balance.....you can beat 350's too, and from a roll stis, haven't beaten nor have been beaten by the evos though....always seems to be a dead even race (but i am putting down 260 whp, 267 tq).....
your puttin 260whp?? wow then I might have a chance to be at like 270whp, s pipe, mid pipe, exhaust, flywheel, maybe, just maybe I might be there, but still Im estimating 250whp

I think were gonna race tonight, well see what happens, Ill try and get someone to video tape,

Ive raced an sti, wasnt a good race, but I kept up with him, he was trying to do what we call a ricer flyby and I jumped on it right when he came up next to me, he was already spoolin, in the right gear, but I kept up pretty good, I think from a 45mph roll I could keep up with, maybe even beat a sti, I kept up with an evo, it was dead even from 45 to 105
Old 07-15-2007, 08:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

well when i went to dyno my car, i had it tuned with the ultimate, had a 2.5" turbo exhaust, open dump wastegate, no intercooler.....and it was around 70ish degrees outside.....i think the full exhaust itself added around 15 whp or even more
Old 07-16-2007, 02:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

oh so you had it tuned, ok that makes sense
Old 07-16-2007, 04:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

well i ran the kit 6 months before getting it tuned, and took down my fair share of 350s and wrxs, etc....now the sti was always close unless from a dig, and the evos usually dead even unless from a dig, haha......what sucks with all this power is that now its a constant struggle to get traction in 1st and 2nd.....stupid fluttering the clutc gets annoying after a while, haha
Old 07-16-2007, 07:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i think you'd do better from a dig, not a roll. the VQ35DE engine has an amazing torque band that basicly hits peak at about 2,000rpms and stays at the point all the way through the rpm range upto about 6,400rpm. from a roll it could giv e you a run for your money if he's a good driver. from a dead stand still though, for the stock motor he'll be sluggin. theres a reason why the 350Z's come with a 6spd and not a 5, the first gear is just there to get it moving a bit while the rest are much longer in diffrence. a simple turbo'd 350Z even with 11" wide tires will loose grip from it's made power on 2nd gear. if this G35 was tuned up a bit, you would have a difficult time just staying with him. your major advantage right now is your weight but do know, all he has to do to loose a good 200lbs or more is take his rear seat/ spare and trunk guts out and he could very well atleast keep up with you.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

well with our cars, its almost impossibe to put all the power to the ground in 1st and 2nd gears.....i've tried from a dig, and am a decent driver, and against awd cars, its game over....and rwd cars, they usually can get the better of you right at the beginning....
Old 08-05-2007, 09:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what happened?
Old 08-06-2007, 07:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

i raced, but i got a boost leak at the time, he pulled away slowly, then i fixed my boost leak and raced again last night, i pulled away slowly
Old 08-06-2007, 05:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

hmm, i'd be curious to see what my 07 350z would do against you....i helped install my old turbo on a friends tC, and we raced from a dig.....i beat him by a good 5-6 car lengths.....and we both had passengers in our cars....lol
Old 08-12-2007, 06:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by malibuboy54
hmm, i'd be curious to see what my 07 350z would do against you....i helped install my old turbo on a friends tC, and we raced from a dig.....i beat him by a good 5-6 car lengths.....and we both had passengers in our cars....lol

No need to see what an 07 will do against it. 07 Z is known to run low 13's bone stock.
Old 08-12-2007, 07:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

the o7's have 300hp no? well then youll beat me, if Im lucky im running low 14's high 13's
Old 08-13-2007, 05:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

yep, in the quarter on stock everythin, including stock tires, i ran a 13.48....slowest run was a 13.8, and fastest was 13.42.....its consistently in the 13s for the 07 z's.....or atleast mine is, haha
Old 08-13-2007, 03:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rrimportracer
the o7's have 300hp no? well then youll beat me, if Im lucky im running low 14's high 13's
I love the Z's. Use to have a '78 280z with 100 shot. Question about the 350z's though... since u guys have one.... did they totally put a new motor in it last year (for the 300hp ones as oppose to the 280hp ones)? they have 20 more hp apparently but the torque is seriouly lacking, i forgot the # but i remember like 40 ft. lbs less or somthing like that? I would think the older ones would be faster?
Old 08-13-2007, 04:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by blown_xa
I love the Z's. Use to have a '78 280z with 100 shot. Question about the 350z's though... since u guys have one.... did they totally put a new motor in it last year (for the 300hp ones as oppose to the 280hp ones)? they have 20 more hp apparently but the torque is seriouly lacking, i forgot the # but i remember like 40 ft. lbs less or somthing like that? I would think the older ones would be faster?

It's still a VQ35, but it's not always about HP and TQ when they change the motor specs. They increased the redline on the 07 Z. Malibu, it's like 7500 now isn't it? I can't remember off top of my head.

My 03 Z redlines at like 6800. I've raced an 06 Z on the interstate. I beat him, only because I was a better driver. Depending on the year Z you get, it could be NON-Rev up motor, Rev-Up motor or the HR motor (there might be one other, but I can't remember). They are all VQ35DE motors, but they have little tweaks here and there that makes them a tad bit faster going down the 1/4 mile, with the latest 07 being the fastest with low 13sec ET's on completely show-room stock specs.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke

It's still a VQ35, but it's not always about HP and TQ when they change the motor specs. They increased the redline on the 07 Z. Malibu, it's like 7500 now isn't it? I can't remember off top of my head.

My 03 Z redlines at like 6800. I've raced an 06 Z on the interstate. I beat him, only because I was a better driver. Depending on the year Z you get, it could be NON-Rev up motor, Rev-Up motor or the HR motor (there might be one other, but I can't remember). They are all VQ35DE motors, but they have little tweaks here and there that makes them a tad bit faster going down the 1/4 mile, with the latest 07 being the fastest with low 13sec ET's on completely show-room stock specs.
here's the difference in the 07 z's compared to the rest of the previous generations.....the VQ engine has a higher redline, at 7500 rpm, as well as equipped with dual air intakes (separate air intakes to feed the left and right cylinder banks)...i believe the compression has been upped slightly, as well as the engine being rebuilt with 80% new parts, but still the VQ35de engine....which puts out 306 hp, 268 tq.....for track times, the new 07's have seen 1/4 mile times consistently at around 13.4/13.5 seconds on stock tires, right out of the box.....but good drivers can hit 13.2s and inexperienced hit usually 13.7.....my personal best time with the z, completely stock is 13.38
Old 08-14-2007, 12:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

they are exactly like civics, you get the ex, si, hx, lx, dx all different hp ratings, but same motor, its in the work done to the engine
Old 08-14-2007, 06:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

they are exactly like civics, you get the ex, si, hx, lx, dx all different hp ratings, but same motor, its in the work done to the engine
hmm, all the 07 z's have all the same hp, all the way from the base to the tricked out nismo edition.....the only difference is what you get like stereo, leather seats, etc....now the only thing the base lacks from the other trim levels related to performance things is the vlsd, as well as the traction control......other than that you can opt to get brembos, etc.....but the engine and power are all the same in every trim for the 07's.....and out of the box, you can do low 13's consistently all stock
Old 08-14-2007, 02:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

no i meant about the 03-07 diff, same motor, but diff HP levels
Old 08-14-2007, 05:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

yeah, basically same engine, but replaced 80% of the parts in the old engine, just with more efficient parts, but they still are the same parts essenitially....thats how they managed to extract some more horsepower out of it

Quick Reply: Who would win??