Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...
View Poll Results: Does your car still throw a CEL with alphawerks' o2 sim?
Yes
50.00%
No
50.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Alphawerks/Nexus = Bad Customer Service

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 11:26 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Alphawerks/Nexus = Bad Customer Service

Basic rundown of the situation:

First it took alphawerks over 2 weeks to send me my o2 sim. Had to call them up each time to find out the status was on the o2 sim rather them notifying what was going on. When I finally got the o2 sim installed, I received a CEL after about 80 miles. Reset it and checked the wiring. Later it came on at about 100 miles. I called alphawerks up to ask a few questions. I am sure everything was wired up correctly according to the diagram that they sent me. They told me to take pics and send it to them. Took several pics and sent it right away.

I was told that they would refer me to their r&d guy. Waited a few days and was sent an email with their diagram. Made sure everything was wired properly and emailed them back making sure that one light is lit on the module and the other was dim. Next day they confirmed that was correct. I emailed them again asking how would could I be sure the module is defective. Two days later they sent an email asking why I would think it was defective and if I was throwing a CEL. I was kind of confused because the whole reason I was referred to him was because I was throwing a CEL.

Next day they email me asking if I called alphawerks to verify that I installed it correctly. I told him yes and he said he would send me pics of the o2 sim installed. I called the next day and they went over the wiring with me. I am sure everything was wired correctly. They said it was probably a simple mistake that I missed and they would call me back in a few hours. No call that day but I understand because I know they are busy. So I wait a few days and call back. The guy I was talking to wasn't there but they said they would be sure he would call me back that same afternoon.

So in conclusion...After two more weeks of trying to get things right...Never one call back, no reply email with pics, no fix. During the time I was waiting I rechecked and rechecked the wiring. Went to advance auto to make sure it was the o2 sensor throwing the code. Also soldered the wires for a better connection. Several guys on this board are also have the same problem and have been told it was probably a wiring problem. I have been pretty chill about the whole situation but it sucks that alphawerks has not yet acknowledged the problem and fixed it. The reason why I went with the alphawerks header and o2 sim because it claimed the most gains with NO CEL. I have supported them the whole way and given them the benefit of the doubt. After this whole situation I do not think I will buy from them again. I have long sold my header and will be going turbo soon. *end rant
Old 06-24-2005, 12:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

mine did not work
i received slow support and they blamed my wiring. i'm very satisfied with the header but not the o2 sim/support.
Old 06-24-2005, 07:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

mine nor poizenttc's didnt work and i havent been able to get ahold of anthony or victor in quite some time
Old 06-24-2005, 07:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oo didnt realize you were the author poizent
Old 06-25-2005, 08:40 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i bought one but havent installed it yet. Poizentc, could you post those pics you have with it installed? just so i get it in there right. but now im not so sure it will even work.
Old 06-25-2005, 09:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i think there may be a few defective units among the bunch. its just a light but it erks me
Old 06-25-2005, 11:45 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Luminati_tC
i bought one but havent installed it yet. Poizentc, could you post those pics you have with it installed? just so i get it in there right. but now im not so sure it will even work.
sure I'll check to see if I have them still..I think i deleted them after I sold the header but I know I sent pics to someone here on the board..hopefully he sees this thread
Old 06-29-2005, 02:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've been getting a lot of help from Alphawerks including an offer for me to get it fixed for free since i'm local to their location... when we get it fixed, I'll post up all the help I can and get the O2 sim working for as many people as I possibly can... i'll try to include pics and a detailed how-to.

i don't have any pics of it wired in that would make any sense. once myself and alphawerks get this situation rectified, i will post all the pics i can.
Old 06-29-2005, 03:46 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by matty-tC
I've been getting a lot of help from Alphawerks including an offer for me to get it fixed for free since i'm local to their location... when we get it fixed, I'll post up all the help I can and get the O2 sim working for as many people as I possibly can... i'll try to include pics and a detailed how-to.

i don't have any pics of it wired in that would make any sense. once myself and alphawerks get this situation rectified, i will post all the pics i can.
that's cool..I'm glad they are trying to fix the problem now
Old 06-29-2005, 06:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Scion Evolution

mine works fine.

and bad customer service is due to them being busy with product development and other stuff.

the same goes for all the other companies out there. if you havent noticed. im not going to name or point out those companies
Old 06-29-2005, 10:43 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by hahaitzskippy
mine works fine.

and bad customer service is due to them being busy with product development and other stuff.

the same goes for all the other companies out there. if you havent noticed. im not going to name or point out those companies
well the thing is I've talked to them many times..I have been patient throughout the whole process..each time they simply made excuses promising to rectify the situation but nothing to resolve the problem..I understand if they couldn't make a call back 1, 2, or even 3 times but how many times did I call them? And I didn't call them the same day several times or even consecutive days. I waited 4 days or so between calls...even weeks. I'm a pretty chill guy. All I wanted was some help. I know that they are very busy but I'm sure I showed understanding to the situation. I never got 1 call back. Never got a reply from the r&d guy. Nothing. I even waited weeks before I posted this..and I only did so because I know others were having problems with their o2 sim too. They basically blamed me on my wiring. How am I suppose to feel about their company when they haven't stepped up to help others out or even offer an apology?

I am sure they are busy managing their company but they should have time for their customers. These are the people that keep them in business.
Old 06-30-2005, 04:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Scion Evolution

i see you problem. i know how it feels but for a company to see fix the prob, then must find out exactly wat it is.

and they are really busy with a lil bit of everything. i woud know i had to call them countless times but my headers gettin shipped but it all worked out and was worth the wait.
Old 06-30-2005, 08:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Scion Evolution

and to add, if your O2 sim doesnt work, its beacuse you pushed your car a little to soon or didnt teach the car correctly.

our ECU's are slow learning so you have to slowly let the car adjust towards the powerband.

this doesnt mean drive under 3rpm all day long then push it to 6 rpm at the end of the day.

this means. go to 2 rpm, 3 rpm, 4 rpm, 5 rpm, 6 rpm, full throttle. over a span of time. putting a little more gas every time and drive a little harder every time.

for future reference. go easy on the ECU. it took my car 1 week for the car to settle in with my headers.

during that 1st week, i ran rich thus got 225 miles a tank. but next week, i got 325
Old 07-07-2005, 04:04 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by hahaitzskippy
and to add, if your O2 sim doesnt work, its beacuse you pushed your car a little to soon or didnt teach the car correctly.

our ECU's are slow learning so you have to slowly let the car adjust towards the powerband.

this doesnt mean drive under 3rpm all day long then push it to 6 rpm at the end of the day.

this means. go to 2 rpm, 3 rpm, 4 rpm, 5 rpm, 6 rpm, full throttle. over a span of time. putting a little more gas every time and drive a little harder every time.

for future reference. go easy on the ECU. it took my car 1 week for the car to settle in with my headers.

during that 1st week, i ran rich thus got 225 miles a tank. but next week, i got 325

No, I believe I took the following steps to allow my ECU to adjust accordingly. Please do not blame me for the o2 sim not working correctly or assume that I do not know how to properly "teach the ECU." Matty-tC has my header and o2 sim now and he is also throwing a CEL. He is going to Nexus to get things resolved so in time we'll see what the problem is.
Old 07-12-2005, 03:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Scion Evolution

hmm

maybe they gave you a bad O2 sim? tats my guess. GL on that i hope they find out wat the prob is