Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

AVOID MOTORWEB.COM/SPORTCOMPACTONLY.COM

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 10:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default AVOID MOTORWEB.COM/SPORTCOMPACTONLY.COM

These people are arrogant and unprofessional to put it politely. I have purchased a few things from them and their service has been spotty at best. They claim to match the prices of their competitors. That's BS!!!! The first time I asked is when I bought the Greddy xB Turbo kit. Importperformanceparts.net advertised the kit for $1909.00. Motorweb would not match. I bought the kit from IPP for $1909.00 and it was drop shipped from Motoroweb! IPP bought it from them at a lower price than what they charged me. Next, I bought the Greddy universal intercooler piping kit from Motorweb. The kit was advertised on Greddy's site and Motorweb's site as being finished aluminum. I received cold hard steel. Motorweb gave me $60 store credit. I then ordered a DEI turbo insulation kit from Motorweb and they kept stringing me along on delivery date. After two weeks they still didn't have the kit and I was forced to get it from Summit (which rocks!!!!!!! Paid less at summit and received it next without paying for overnight shipping). But the straw the broke the camel's back is when I needed a replacement oil pressure hose for the turbo. I called Greddy and they confirmed the item was in stock. I then called Motorweb with the part number. Ordered it on the spot. This was a friday and was told that it would be at Motorweb by the following Tuesday. So I paid for two day shipping so that it would get to me before the weekend and I would have a running car. Well, Tuesday rolls around and no one at Motorweb knows where it is. UPS tracking showed that Motorweb received it. Motorweb starts telling lies and says that they never got it. A few more days go by and they suddenly locate the hose after I complained. They said they'll overnight it at no cost to me because they screwed up. So, this past tuesday, they create an overnight shipping label with fedex. Come wednesday, still not received by fedex. I call and they say that it's on a fedex truck. Come I thursday, still no change. I call fedex and they say they never were given the package. I call Motorweb and they insist that they did. Only after I told them that I called fedex, did they admit to not giving the package to fedex. They said that they'll refund my shipping costs and that I'll get it by Monday - 17 days after I placed the order. They lied and lied and lied. Here is the link to the tracking info:[url] http://fedex.com/Tracking?ascend_hea...s=796092363915

So, yesterday I call summit on the phone and order fittings, tubing, and the tooling to hard pipe my oil pressure line. I paid less for the entire order including the handling charge and did not ask for expedited shipping and my $hit is on a truck as I write to be delivered within the hour... here's the link for the summit order: http://www.fedex.com/Tracking?trackn...65906618%0D%0A

So, make up your own minds about where you spend your hard earned dollar. But I will never spend another fuchking cent at Motorweb!