Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

Bad Experience with SoleLaced.

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 01:52 PM
SL Member

Default Bad Experience with SoleLaced.

Well im the one who bought the other RS1 Stuff from him (front and rear) and it didnt go as PLANNED....

Begining of Feb. We placed up for sale a full RS1 Kit....i told him i was interested in the Front. He told me he would need a buyer for the sides before he parted out...i totally understood that. Tcs_are_life bought the sides (also has negative feedback in this forum about this)

SoleLaced told me he would be in buttonwillow for a track meet Feb. 20-21 if i could come pick it up there because i didnt wanna pay so much for shipping. So we planned to do this....

I told SoleLaced we needed to set up a time either Saturday or Sunday (20th or 21st) when it would be best for him to meet me because i work Full Time with retail and work alot of weekends....he then told me Saturday night after 8 would be best. And this was last week btw. Because i told him i need to make my schu. at work around this.

Well Friday night i receieve a text message from him stating he wouldnt be in buttonwillow until midnight or so Saturday night if i could come then or come sometime sunday 6am-5.

I told him no im sorry i work Sunday 8-430 and i am atleast 45 mins from buttonwillow. He then told me to come to buttonwillow Saturday night then around midnight and i would be home before 2am! Ok...first of all thats alot to ask me when we planned to meet around 9 and i have to get up at 7 for work the next day. He then asked me if i could leave work 30 mins early on sunday...that again is asking a little too much....when again we planned something out a week ago and i made my work, work around that.

He then kept telling me "i drove 4.5 hours for you why cant you drive 45 mins" And that made me upset because regradless of if i bought the lip kit or not he would of still been in button willow! Anyways long story short i didnt end up buying this because he brought the deal and now im gonna try and get my $50 deposit back from Paypal.

All in all this wasnt fair to me...and he didnt keep his word and was asking a little too much from me....leave work early?! Get over there at 1 am?! come on....

Just be careful when dealing with SoleLace...
Old 02-22-2010, 02:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So you had scheduling conflicts, big deal. It's not like you got scammed or anything. Nikki's a cool guy. It sounds like things just didn't work out. This thread is pointless.
Old 02-22-2010, 03:02 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ro_Ja
So you had scheduling conflicts, big deal. It's not like you got scammed or anything. Nikki's a cool guy. It sounds like things just didn't work out. This thread is pointless.

no its not pointless...people need to know what he did...broke the deal and was asking me to leave work early...meet at 1am...thats a little out of control...and he needs to refund my 52 bucks!

Nikki may be a cool guy but im just stating the facts....
Old 02-22-2010, 03:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey guys!

I lol'd so hard when I saw this. I didnt even read her post and jumped to ro_ja's post.

I just submitted my information on the paypal dispute she placed on me. Fact is, I went out to the event and brought the kit with me even though she said she would not come out. Surprise surprise, she didnt come out. Its not my fault.

Let paypal handle this. I already submitted all the information. I dont mind giving her a refund if its fair, but the principles behind this situation proves otherwise.

I wil post the results from his dispute here!
Old 02-22-2010, 03:16 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by SoleLaced
hey guys!

I lol'd so hard when I saw this. I didnt even read her post and jumped to ro_ja's post.

I just submitted my information on the paypal dispute she placed on me. Fact is, I went out to the event and brought the kit with me even though she said she would not come out. Surprise surprise, she didnt come out. Its not my fault.

Let paypal handle this. I already submitted all the information. I dont mind giving her a refund if its fair, but the principles behind this situation proves otherwise.

I wil post the results from his dispute here!
how is it not fair? Asking someone to come out there at 1am isnt fair. Asking someone to leave work 30 mins early is not fair. So are you going to send my refund then?
Old 02-22-2010, 03:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

omg! I just read her post and its full of FALSE information!!!!!! Im getting mad now.

Facts:
1. No date was ever determined.
2. I did not text her friday night. It was well before 72+ hours of the time we to meet
3. I told her that camping out at the racetrack starts at 8pm. I said I should be there by 8-9pm, that is a statement that does not constitute an agreement.

Other things to consider:
1. Yes, I am driving 250+ miles and carrying this kit for her was not pleasant.
2. She lives 23 miles away. It is not 45 minutes away!
3. Yes, I did ask if she can come meet me at the track later. I stated that she can come meet me around 11pm (which was the actual time I got there) to Sunday 5pm. The window for meeting is LARGE!
4. She then wants me to deliver the kit to her personally.

Bottom line, I brought out the kit so I fulfilled my end of the agreement. She didnt come out, thats her fault. Beyond that, the invoice I sent her over paypal stated that the 50 dollar is a deposit which is NON-REFUNDABLE.

I know that "non-refundable" part comes with a condition that I satisfy my end of the deal, and I did.
Old 02-22-2010, 04:17 PM
Banned
5 Year Member
SL Member

wait what? you had scheduling problems, no big deal. grow up and move on.

BUT I do remember TCLOVER trying to sell a rear lip? how can you sell a rear lip without having it? id be more worriedabout buying from you then buying from a member who's been on here for years, everytime I turn around YOU have FS threads trying to get rid of anything/everything.

move on, solelaced did nothing wrong.
Old 02-22-2010, 04:19 PM
Banned
5 Year Member
SL Member

she's a liar
Old 02-22-2010, 06:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Like I said before...this post was meaningless. If everyone who had scheduling issues wrote a thread about it, the classified experiences forum would be filled with nonsensical garbage. This is equivalent to writing a review complaining that the bills weren't crisp enough. jeez people... The show was less than 24 hours ago too. Don't expect people to sit on their laptops at events refunding money the second someone doesn't arrive. Give the guy his freakin' time. (there is a limit to that though, like if it had been a week or something without communication)
Old 02-22-2010, 07:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ro_Ja
Like I said before...this post was meaningless. If everyone who had scheduling issues wrote a thread about it, the classified experiences forum would be filled with nonsensical garbage. This is equivalent to writing a review complaining that the bills weren't crisp enough. jeez people... The show was less than 24 hours ago too. Don't expect people to sit on their laptops at events refunding money the second someone doesn't arrive. Give the guy his freakin' time. (there is a limit to that though, like if it had been a week or something without communication)
Thank you!

but the matter is, do you guys think I even owe her the deposit for 50 dollars?! I feel like I upheld my agreement. She did not. She was being unreasonable. He argument is that I wasnt being fair by asking to change the time. Although, no official agreement on the meeting time was ever established

therefore the deposit is forfeited to me. I dont feel like I owe her desposit back to her
Old 02-22-2010, 07:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Regardless of who is at fault, I honestly think you should just refund it. Pretend it never happened. It's not worth the potential headaches & hassle from fighting over it.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:27 PM
SL Member

I never wanted the rear lip but he wouldn't sell me just the front... Why? Who knows... So I was selling it... I clearly said in my listing I did not have the lip kit as I was picking it up Saturday... How am I a liar?' lol immature I swear! And solelaced asking me to meet late at night is unfair... And then asking me to leave work early?! Wow and I am a good 30-40 mins away one trip...I think the deposit should be refunded because what you did wasn't right! And you did text me Friday the 19th I still have every text as well! You sent me a text saying you wouldn't be there until midnight and you sent that Friday the 19 th at 5:58 pm! And yes a date was set on when we would pick this up which was Saturday around 9! Therefore you getting there after 9 and asking me to come at midnight or leave work early seems like I should get my deposit back....
Old 02-22-2010, 09:29 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by FlintMica2005
she's a liar
Grow up kid
Old 02-22-2010, 09:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

So YOU'RE the Nikki that I'm friends with on Facebook.

I knew it was someone from SL, I just had no clue who hahaha.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by SoleLaced
Thank you!

but the matter is, do you guys think I even owe her the deposit for 50 dollars?! I feel like I upheld my agreement. She did not. She was being unreasonable. He argument is that I wasnt being fair by asking to change the time. Although, no official agreement on the meeting time was ever established

therefore the deposit is forfeited to me. I dont feel like I owe her desposit back to her
If she agreed to paying a non-refundable deposit, then no, you don't owe her the $50.

It's called a non-refundable deposit for a reason.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

this could have all been avoided if u had just paid for shipping... lol
non- refundable means non-refundable.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:29 PM
Banned
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tClover21
Grow up kid
kid? im pretty sure i was 3 yrs of age when you were even a twinkle in your dads eyes.

SOOO you tried selling something that wasnt in your posession? still fishy.

GROW UP, move on and who cares. seriously everyone is backing up solelaced and i dont even know the dude

/thread
Old 02-22-2010, 11:31 PM
SL Member

Lol back him up I don't care! Lol funny how he won't step up to tcs are life who bought his side skirts and they are full of cracks and paint runs!! I'm so glad I didn't but his kit!!! Saved me sooo much money! Seriously! And you may be older but you don't act that way lol.... Which is why I said immature!!
Old 02-23-2010, 12:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tClover21
Lol back him up I don't care! Lol funny how he won't step up to tcs are life who bought his side skirts and they are full of cracks and paint runs!! I'm so glad I didn't but his kit!!! Saved me sooo much money! Seriously! And you may be older but you don't act that way lol.... Which is why I said immature!!
I dont see how that has to do with this situation. Theres no reason to "step up" anywhere (?).

Bringing that up doesnt explain how you cant be reasonable to a condition we never set. Like I said, you were unwilling to work with me in any aspect of this transaction. In fact, you first lowball my items, then ask for me to ship it for basically free, then ask me to deliver it to your door, then expect everything to work out according to how YOU want it.

For what youre paying me, I shouldnt have even bother to bring it down. I could of have used that space to carry tires or jacks and help my buddies who where drifting at the event.

Im sorry that you are 20 yrs old and work in a retail thats a dead-end job. I still do not think asking you to meet me 2 hours after the "so stated" time of 9pm or asking you to leave 30min before your shift was over is unfair.

Remember, Im driving 260 miles. Lets hypothetically play this out. Lets say I did promise to meet you at 9pm and I was on track to making the meetup time. There could have been infinite amounts of unforeseen setbacks. Would have you have waited for me? Or would you drive out to the track then drive back home since I was late?

Regardless, I will be happy to refund you as long as paypal requires me.
You knew the deposit was NON REFUNDABLE since the invoice I sent clearly stated so.
How can you argue that?
Old 02-23-2010, 12:43 AM
SL Member

Did you really just say my job is a dead end job?! Wow... I also work with special ed kids... I have two jobs... Why does it matter if I work for retail what the hell does that have to do with anything?! And honestly that was kind of rude... All I want is my 50 bucks back and be done with this... You didn't keep your word which I then should get my deposit back. And I never asked you to ship the kit!! You offered to meet in button willow! I wouldn't of considered this kit if shipping it was the only way if getting it! So stop with that crap! Just refund my money

Quick Reply: Bad Experience with SoleLaced.