Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

Bad Experience with SoleLaced.

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 12:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One
SL Member

this thread makes me laugh
Old 02-23-2010, 01:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

I laugh at all of these threads.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:53 AM
SL Member

Makes me laugh too... Who makes fun of someones job?! Seriously....
Old 02-23-2010, 01:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One
SL Member

im laughing for different reasons
Old 02-23-2010, 02:05 AM
SL Member

It's still rude
Old 02-23-2010, 02:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One
SL Member

Tis the Internet, get used to it
Old 02-23-2010, 02:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

True story.
One day last week I was driving my chevy Malibu. And out of the corner of my eye I saw a snow bank. So I drove towards it.
To be continued......
Old 02-23-2010, 02:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

lol wow you guys are going to gang up on a girl, you guys are way too cool, but anyways i dont think you did anything to deserve the 50 dollars so i say just refund it and forget this ever happened
Old 02-23-2010, 02:59 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by diego_demarco1025
lol wow you guys are going to gang up on a girl, you guys are way too cool, but anyways i dont think you did anything to deserve the 50 dollars so i say just refund it and forget this ever happened
Thank you!!! just refund the money and let's be done with this
Old 02-23-2010, 03:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You said you work for retail and apparently, you work 8am to 5pm which is the reason why you couldnt meet me. If thats your job, then its a dead end job. Nothing wrong with that if youre happy.

As for me, Ive been in retail management since I was 17 and I still am. Trust me, I think I have the right assumption to say retail is a deadend job.

You have a second job as well? good for you.
I dont understand how you can lowball me on an item such as a LIPKIT, but thats beyond the point.

As for everyone else, try to offer your opinions objectively. I know some of you guys must be laughing your heads off at this thread, and I understand. I am too.

Like I said, PAYPAL will settle this. Its not that Im in dire need this 50 dollars, its the principle behind it. I will gladly refund it when I have been shown to be wrong.
Old 02-23-2010, 03:09 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG

wow... Im amazed that a moderator hasn't stumbled across this waste of server space. lol.

Granted things dont always go just as planned when doing a deal. So what. ya do a little give and take and work it out.
Now if someone's outright scamming...well that's one thing.. but a little mishap... no biggie.
Personally, without knowing the truth of what happened instead we've got both sides of the story... we can only state opinions here.
Unless it was entirely the sellers fault for the deal not happening when/where it was agreed on... if they drove 200+ miles for the sale, I'd say they have a right to keep the deposit. Hell that's more than a tank of gas just to meet up with the buyer.
I just did a deal with someone on SL this past week. The item wasn't shipped when it was agreed upon.... but there was communication with the seller... let me know something came up and he wasn't able to get out of work in time to ship before the weekend. I told him thanks for letting me know... and it was No Big F***ing Deal. I get it a few days later. Life happens.
Old 02-23-2010, 03:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mouse
wow... Im amazed that a moderator hasn't stumbled across this waste of server space. lol.

Granted things dont always go just as planned when doing a deal. So what. ya do a little give and take and work it out.
Now if someone's outright scamming...well that's one thing.. but a little mishap... no biggie.
Personally, without knowing the truth of what happened instead we've got both sides of the story... we can only state opinions here.
Unless it was entirely the sellers fault for the deal not happening when/where it was agreed on... if they drove 200+ miles for the sale, I'd say they have a right to keep the deposit. Hell that's more than a tank of gas just to meet up with the buyer.
I just did a deal with someone on SL this past week. The item wasn't shipped when it was agreed upon.... but there was communication with the seller... let me know something came up and he wasn't able to get out of work in time to ship before the weekend. I told him thanks for letting me know... and it was No Big F***ing Deal. I get it a few days later. Life happens.

thank you sir! Someone has experienced the same thing Im talking about.

BY THE WAY tCLover, you never answered my question. Would you wait or go home? (Refer back to my post.)
Old 02-23-2010, 03:21 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG

well Im certainly not alone in it...nor am I taking sides... but from what I've seen... it just sounds like a simple misunderstanding or something came up kinda thing.... which we all know in life s*** happens sometimes. As long as there's communication... it's generally not a big deal.
There is always unforeseen things that come up in life... just gotta learn to roll with them.
Old 02-23-2010, 03:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

^^ agree
Old 02-23-2010, 03:43 AM
SL Member

I totally agree mouse I understood the fact that he was gonna be getting there at a different time then be said... He then asked if I could come later around midnight according to his text message Friday night. I told him that I couldn't come out at midnight or before 5 pm because of work.... So something came up on his end of the deal.... I didn't change anything that we agreed on so shouldn't I get my deposit back because he changed the deal and something came up on his end?! I mean really I didn't change anything! He did!
Old 02-23-2010, 03:47 AM
SL Member

And solelaced I would of stayed because you can't control traffic but you can control the fact that you left later and planned to get there at midnight... But seriously why don't you refund the money?! You changed the deal not me....
Old 02-23-2010, 03:59 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG

Well if something came up on his end and he tried to see if a different time would work... then he was communicating with you.
If the next thing he suggested didn't work for you... well then sometimes you need a little "back and forth" communication to find something that will work.
I think what most people are saying here that this thread is not warranted at this point is that the seller was not trying to scam you. Sometimes unforeseen things come up and you just have to be willing to work with it. (within reason of course).
We're all saying here from both sides of the story that we've read thus far, it just seems like jumping the gun to go launch a complaint with PayPal and come on here and bash the guy.
I mean from what I've read here... it certainly doesn't look like the seller's trying to stiff ya or anything.
this is just IMHO. I've worked with suppliers, buyers, sellers, for many years. I've been building custom hotrods/restorations for people for as many years as you've been alive. lol. And in all that time, I've come across very few people that are truly out to screw someone.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:32 AM
SL Member

I know he wasn't trying to screw me but the other two ways he suggested wouldn't work for me at that point I asked him to refund my money as we couldn't come to an agreement at that point. Which to me is fair enough why keep my money?! He then told me he wasn't going to refund my money. I then took the next step and contacted paypal... I tried to work with him and he wasn't willing. Therefore my next step is paypal... I've sold many things on here and i'm always 100 % honest. We couldn't work anything out after he changed plans on me therefore I think he should refund the money.. Why not? He didn't give me 72 hours like he stated he told ne Friday night at 6 which of course wasn't enough time to work something out with my job. Oh and another thing mouse he didn't drive 250 miles for me.... He had a track meet to go to regardless if I bought this kit....

Thank god I didn't because the side skirts he sold to tcs are life look like crap with a bunch of paint runs and cracks which were never shown or told about. I'm scared to see what the front and rear would of looked like
Old 02-23-2010, 04:38 AM
SL Member

I'm not here to bash him or anything... I have nothing against him I just want people to know what happened. Things came up and the deal then couldn't be made therefore I should get my deposit back because he the seller changed the plans and we couldn't make something work...
Old 02-23-2010, 05:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tClover21
I then took the next step and contacted paypal... I tried to work with him and he wasn't willing.
Wait...you tried to work things out with me? For heavens sake, please post what you offered to do. I will take screen shots of the txt messages we exchanged for the sake of just proving you wrong and to point out how unwilling you were working things out with me. I obviously proposed those 2 ideas (meeting me later, or any time before 5pm on sunday. IE: leave work early).

If I remember correctly, you offered to have me deliver the kit to bakersfield, where you live. I dont think thats working with me.

so please. Do post what you offered.

Quick Reply: Bad Experience with SoleLaced.