Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

BUYER BEWARE! EdgeRacing.com

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 02:32 AM
5 Year Member

Default BUYER BEWARE! EdgeRacing.com

Just want to let everyone know of my bad experience at Edgeracing.com. I bought a set of Sportmax 501's with Falken rubber as a package, mounted and balanced (at least they were supposed to be). They came packaged well, everything looked in good shape, with rings, lugs, etc... After I put them on my xB i noticed the steering wheel was shaking when i brought the car up to about 50 mph and this noticable tread noise everytime i turned the wheel. Before contacting edgeracing, i brought the wheels to Sears Autocenter to be checked and rebalanced. After 2 times of Sears not being able to get it right, i went for a test drive with one of the techs who then proceeded to check the wheels and tires and noticed they were out of round. $40 later, i called edgeracing to let them know they were out of round and that i wanted a refund or a new set. They told me that i would need to bring them to a shop that had the Hunter GSP 9700 machine (the machine that edge racing supposedly uses) to confirm that infact, it was true. The edge racing representative i talked to claimed that if they were in fact out of round, their machine would have picked it up before they had shipped it. After bringing it to the shop with the GSP 9700, I notified edgeracing once again to let them know that what i was told from Sears was true. 3 of the tires and 1 of the wheels were out of round. After spending an additional $140 dollars, I was told that since they were used, I could not get a refund or a new set and the best they could do was give me $80 credit towards the re-balancing. Needless to say, they still are shaking at highway speeds and are incredibley noisy.

Do yourself a favor, DO NOT BUY FROM EDGE RACING! Spend a little extra money and buy some first rate, round wheels and tires from a company that knows how to mount and balance wheels.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Default Re: BUYER BEWARE! EdgeRacing.com

Originally Posted by berooobeee
3 of the tires and 1 of the wheels were out of round. After spending an additional $140 dollars, I was told that since they were used, I could not get a refund or a new set and the best they could do was give me $80 credit towards the re-balancing.
Wait a minute, of COURSE the wheels are going to be used! How the hell else do you know that NEW tires and wheels are out of round? What do they expect? - When you get a NEW set of tires and wheels you take them to a tire shop to check for round? They're new wheels! they're suppossed to be good to go!
Old 05-21-2007, 08:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thats some f#cked up retail practices right there...
Old 05-22-2007, 08:00 AM
5 Year Member

Default Re: BUYER BEWARE! EdgeRacing.com

Originally Posted by etli
Originally Posted by berooobeee
3 of the tires and 1 of the wheels were out of round. After spending an additional $140 dollars, I was told that since they were used, I could not get a refund or a new set and the best they could do was give me $80 credit towards the re-balancing.
Wait a minute, of COURSE the wheels are going to be used! How the hell else do you know that NEW tires and wheels are out of round? What do they expect? - When you get a NEW set of tires and wheels you take them to a tire shop to check for round? They're new wheels! they're suppossed to be good to go!
EXACTLY!
Old 05-23-2007, 06:49 PM
Banned
SL Member

why dont you go to the BBB? or say you are so that it scares them?
Old 05-23-2007, 06:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yup...just tell them that if they dont exchange the tires for some news ones..your gonna take it to the Better Business Bureau.. (BBB) trust me they'll budge.
Old 05-25-2007, 05:41 AM
5 Year Member

Its a little too late for me to do much more about it. Its been a bout a month and a half. I suppose i could still report them to the BBB.

woops...
Old 07-06-2007, 07:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I wish I would have read this before ordering.
I got some 18x8.5 for my tC cause they said they would fit. The rub like crazy. Yeah, I'm dropped, so I understand why they might rub, but they also mounted tires that were way stretched. When I contacted them and asked why thier bundle recomends tires that are narrower then what falken recomends, hey said they have to be stretched to fit on the tc, and most people like the stretched look!
I got the wider rims so I could get more tire to the ground, not to have a stretched tire!

I looked at some of their other bundles, and they bundle the exact same size tire for a 17x7 as they do for a 17x8 rim. So if you buy 17x8 from them and want to keep their fitment garountee, you end up with the same size tires as stock, which according to Falken's website is the absolute maximum that tire should be fitted on.
He siad if I had not ridden on them (how else would I know they rubbed) they would have given me a full refund, but I would have had to pay to package and ship them back.

Stay away from Edgeracing!!!
Old 07-06-2007, 10:03 PM
Banned
SL Member

^ thats so stupid. im glad i didnt order from then when i was going to along time ago. sorry about that MEATY!
Old 07-16-2007, 01:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I bought from them too but it was a great transaction and everything was perfect.
Sorry to hear about your bad experiences
Old 07-16-2007, 02:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionTific

SL Member

I ordered wheels and tires from edgeracing.com, changed my order 3 times, and they still got them to me on time despite a shortage of Falken RT-615 and 17x8 Enkei (thanks to the upcoming racing season). Sorry to read about your bad transaction, but many more people have had success with them than not.
Old 07-21-2007, 01:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just ordered from Edge Racing and so far so good. Quick shipping within hours. Tires were running smoothly and everything. Sorry to hear about your experience.
Old 07-21-2007, 02:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I actually had a good experience with Edgeracing. My wheels showed up in 1 week and fit perfectly.

Sorry to hear about what happened.

-THE DON