Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

BUYER BEWARE!!! LEDMODS.net SHADY BUSINESS

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 02:35 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default BUYER BEWARE!!! LEDMODS.net SHADY BUSINESS

Hey guys. I recently did business with Paul Salmas at LEDMODS.net. I paid him to change to leds on my gauges and HVAC. I sent them out and about a week later I got them back. I was pumped cuz I live in MA and its like 20 degrees out everday right now and I was driving around without heat or defrosters. I put everything back in the car and saw that the HVAC wasnt lighting up at all and 2 gauges in the cluster werent either. I emailed Paul and he said I could email them back and he would pay for standard shipping both ways or I could pay for overnight shipping one way. I opted for the overnight cuz i really needed the gauges. I sent them out last Wednesday and according to the USPS he signed for it the next day. Well Monday came this week and I still didnt have the gauges so i emailed him but got no response. Since then Ive emailed him about 6 more times on that email account and didnt get any response. I PMed him here 2 days ago cuz he doesnt know me on here and asked him something simple like what was his email address. He responded right away so I PMed him back saying its Tim where are my gauges and why arent you emailing me back. Wouldnt ya know he didnt respond back at all. I just got through trying to locate his number through 411 and the whitepages but his address isnt listed apparently. I also just filed a claim on Paypal. I REALLY need my gauges. I dont know how much gas I have each day and biggest of all I have no heat and my windows fog up big time making it really hard to drive obvly. If anyone here knows Paul or has done business with him before and can help me out I would really appreciate it. Thanks guys
Old 01-26-2007, 02:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Ouch man, from what I hear he is legit and I say that even though he is competition... Well crap I am sorry you have gone through that. If you need emergency heat for your car, I can ship out an HVAC unit for you and ship tommorow afternoon so you will have heat and I can also get you a loaner gauge cluster if it helps or he cannot provide the items in good time. Also that is for 06 models only...... I do not have an 07 spare hvac yet.. still looking for one. There would be a deposite involved but if it helps ya, I am happy to work it out.
Old 01-26-2007, 02:51 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

wow thanks man, i drive a 2007 though but the offer is greatly appreciated. If it turns out i have to buy new gauges + HVAC ill be in contact with you about led swaps
Old 01-26-2007, 03:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Ouch man, hope it works out with you guys. I know the 07 hvac units have funky issues sometimes.. been reading about it. But for part of the gc to go out and the hvac... that is VERY odd... If I get an 07 hvac, I will let ya know asap. Been looking all over for one.
Old 01-26-2007, 03:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Unique Scionikz
SL Member

damn that sucks. i hope you get your stuff back.
Old 01-26-2007, 03:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

i think this is the 2nd story he's had? This sucks and be carefull driving without those gauges and not being able to see. thats scary, hopefully Garage can try to get something going for you. Here's his myspace if you want to try and contact him on there?

http://www.myspace.com/whiteblazer01
Old 01-26-2007, 03:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What a !*@#*. It's sad when people lack the where-with-all to do basic tasks pertaining to their chosen jobs. I hope everything works out for you dude...nothing ____es me off more than shady retailers and merchants. Thanks for posting this and letting us all know whats going on.
Old 01-26-2007, 03:39 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

thanks yall are really helpful...hopefully hell email me tomorrow.

on another note yanki, i remember looking at your pics cuz they made me choose the hotchkis springs. i was on the fence between them and tein s but after i saw your car i def went with hotchkis and never regretted it
Old 01-26-2007, 05:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Originally Posted by Garage1217
Ouch man, from what I hear he is legit and I say that even though he is competition... Well crap I am sorry you have gone through that. If you need emergency heat for your car, I can ship out an HVAC unit for you and ship tommorow afternoon so you will have heat and I can also get you a loaner gauge cluster if it helps or he cannot provide the items in good time. Also that is for 06 models only...... I do not have an 07 spare hvac yet.. still looking for one. There would be a deposite involved but if it helps ya, I am happy to work it out.
All i got to say is...
You are one hell of a guy man! That is awesome customer service for someone that is not even a customer...yet! If i ever decide on LED's...you are now the company i will go to because i have never seen a company do something like this or offer something like this just to help somebody out! Amazing man...Amazing!
Old 01-26-2007, 05:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

No biggie, hopefully it is a misunderstanding between the two of them, and there is always the possibility of somthing major in his life. Has happened to me first hand.. or somthing else that is just uncalled for. Anyways hope for the best right!
Old 01-26-2007, 05:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

+1 for garage1217!

i'm not a customer of theirs yet, but i plan to be. i had several questions and i emailed them. their customer service is great and the time they took to reply to me was also great.

hopefully i'll have enough money and they can do my gauges for me. if they can help me when i'm not a customer, i can imagine i'll be really happy when i am a customer for garage1217.
Old 01-26-2007, 05:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Sorry to hear it as well. I have a cluster, but it is torn apart for testing right now on another mod. But if you cant work out anything (garage1217), we can put our heads together to help him out. I only have the 06 hvac though

Garage1217 is a good place to deal with. As most of you know, I am pretty picky about who I will recommend for doing this type of work, but he and squallLheart are two I definitely dont mind vouching for.
Old 01-26-2007, 05:52 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Concept in Motion Crew
SL Member

Hmmm shouldnt you not be driving? I thought the gauges keep track of ur odo. Well sorry to hear about what happened. hope for the best. Bring a jacket.
Old 01-26-2007, 12:05 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

i only thought id be driving around for a few days without the gauges, not this long....all in all its been about 3 weeks without gauges...it SUCKS!
Old 01-26-2007, 08:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Is Paul Salmas at LEDMODS.net Whiteblazer?

Maybe he just went to Vegas again without telling anyone. I vaguely recall that's what happaned last time when no one could get a hold of him.... ( I don't remember who I'm referring to though.... Are Paul / Whiteblazer / LEDMODS.net the same person? Apologies all around if these are all different people or something)
Old 01-26-2007, 08:34 PM
Banned
SL Member

Default Re: BUYER BEWARE!!! LEDMODS.net SHADY BUSINESS

Originally Posted by BlackRose617
Hey guys. I recently did business with Paul Salmas at LEDMODS.net. I paid him to change to leds on my gauges and HVAC. I sent them out and about a week later I got them back. I was pumped cuz I live in MA and its like 20 degrees out everday right now and I was driving around without heat or defrosters. I put everything back in the car and saw that the HVAC wasnt lighting up at all and 2 gauges in the cluster werent either. I emailed Paul and he said I could email them back and he would pay for standard shipping both ways or I could pay for overnight shipping one way. I opted for the overnight cuz i really needed the gauges. I sent them out last Wednesday and according to the USPS he signed for it the next day. Well Monday came this week and I still didnt have the gauges so i emailed him but got no response. Since then Ive emailed him about 6 more times on that email account and didnt get any response. I PMed him here 2 days ago cuz he doesnt know me on here and asked him something simple like what was his email address. He responded right away so I PMed him back saying its Tim where are my gauges and why arent you emailing me back. Wouldnt ya know he didnt respond back at all. I just got through trying to locate his number through 411 and the whitepages but his address isnt listed apparently. I also just filed a claim on Paypal. I REALLY need my gauges. I dont know how much gas I have each day and biggest of all I have no heat and my windows fog up big time making it really hard to drive obvly. If anyone here knows Paul or has done business with him before and can help me out I would really appreciate it. Thanks guys
well from reading your post, the problem is clear....you EMAILED them to him. hahaha. sorry couldnt resist. sucks man [/b]
Old 01-27-2007, 12:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Unique Scionikz
SL Member

Did he reply?
Old 01-27-2007, 01:02 AM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by etli
Is Paul Salmas at LEDMODS.net Whiteblazer?

Maybe he just went to Vegas again without telling anyone. I vaguely recall that's what happaned last time when no one could get a hold of him.... ( I don't remember who I'm referring to though.... Are Paul / Whiteblazer / LEDMODS.net the same person? Apologies all around if these are all different people or something)
same person. one guy.

probably busy.. but how he replied after not knowing who you were, and then now that he knew.. now not replying...? uhm.......

yea.... if you're busy.... take a second and say that you are.
Old 01-27-2007, 01:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by BlackRose617
on another note yanki, i remember looking at your pics cuz they made me choose the hotchkis springs. i was on the fence between them and tein s but after i saw your car i def went with hotchkis and never regretted it
thanks man, i appreciate it, you made the right choice

Hope everything works out for you with your gauges!
Old 01-27-2007, 02:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Yes hopefully he takes care of this. If things run late, you the customer should always be in the loop when you are holding onto thier parts.

Quick Reply: BUYER BEWARE!!! LEDMODS.net SHADY BUSINESS