Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

BUYER BEWARE!!! LEDMODS.net SHADY BUSINESS

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 07:20 PM
PGT

and if you do lawyer up, the lawyer just made $35,000
Old 04-17-2007, 07:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

some people know alot of lawyers on a personal level or family, I doubt they would charge 35,000 for a 35$ case.

Also laywers have to give free consultation and lawyer action I believe 3 times a year.. (at least here in Nevada) Maybe someone could get lucky
Old 04-17-2007, 07:26 PM
PGT

I meant the 100 people analogy. To get a lawyer to write a letter....$350. If I was out $100 to start, what sense does that make?
Old 04-17-2007, 07:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

because if no one does anything, he will most likely go to site to site and mess with more people. We can't let people who make a living or a profit off ripping people off just go about their business.

Someone somwhere needs to make a sacrafice or get a bestfriend to sue and end the madness.

However, only if this is who he truly is though, alot of people on here still deem him not a scammer.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:37 PM
PGT

suing will stop the madness? hardly.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I agree, what will it solve. I mean if the total $$ amount is criminal like $35-50K than yeah get a layer and call the IRS. But I am not gonna sue or get involved in a suite over $80 and the Layer makes the $$ on not us.

How much are you owed? you know small claims court I think has a minimum and max $$ amount.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

as i said earlier, i have not done business nor do I know paul or ledmods.net.
Old 04-20-2007, 12:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

damn, this situation is sad. real sad that it has come to this.

i do kno Paul personally, and he has worked on my car back in september. if u check my profile, u can see some pics. i brought oznium lights and UB kit and he installed them for me. i didnt have the full installation price at the time, but he installed the stuff anyways. i stayed at his house while he worked on my car. talked wit him, he's a coo and funny guy.

i will admit though, he is a busy man. sometimes when i would go to his house, there would be 2-3 cars there that he would need to work on. and that is not including other parts that were mailed in. but as far as i kno, it make take him some time, but he would still work. he would be up past midnite some nites to get the work done. that is y all this is jus crazy to me. him neglecting his work and emails/calls.

i guess he just has a problem with time. again, he did take some time, days, installing my lights, but that was because he wanted the installation to be damn near perfect, and with no flaws. and its been over 6 months, and everything is still lookin brand new.

i am sorry for everybody who is suffering through this situation. i guess i just caught him at a good time.

moreover, i hope all works out with those in need of refunds/parts, and for Paul.

Its jus sad that his buisness and name is goin down the drain. He does/did good work. i jus dunno wat the problem is now.
Old 04-20-2007, 12:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

"spECIal " I wish I was more in your boat and like i said I hate to talk about other people when they are not there. He did good work on my Gauges but you also live really close to him so what ever is or were to be wrong could be fixed with out allot of trouble. I think allot of folks here live really far/ out of state. I live over 1 hr away so not only is it a pain to drive for a small fix but the time it takes to get a response can just take all the willingness out of you cause then he says he is out of stock and so on.

Some of the people with probs can really hold him personally accountable like this on:

BlackRose617
Boston MA

Allot of pages here so I am gonna just use that example. Again I say if your serious about being in business hire an assistant cause it matters. I would like to see Paul succeed, I liked him when I met him. I would even help if it was not so far I would learn for a small fee but I am too far.

When I get a really big job I always assume I am gonna have to outsource a bit of work to get the job done. It's about satisfying to customer not me. When they are happy I am happy so I take a bit out of hte profit for quality.
Old 04-22-2007, 05:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just wanted to say sorry if anyone is hurt or angry about anything I wrote here in this post. I feel horrible about it.

However these are important things that need to be said about ANY Aftermarket Auto Company/person etc.

I am now working with a company that make my CF hood. The one they made for me was warped. I really could not expect to use it for shows and compete for anything the way it is. I contacted them and explained my problems with pics and through talk and honesty they will be making me a totally new hood. They will lose money prob. but that is some thing that you do when you want to keep in business. I should not suffer for there mistake.

You can bet 100% if they do good and make a good fitting hood I will be promoting them and helping them make there money back

The rule of thumb in good business is "without the customer the company does not exist". When some one has a good experience they tell 3 people or so. However when a person has a bad experience they tell 8 people or more!! Wow what a difference and why companies want to please not ____!
Old 04-23-2007, 01:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
TOCC
SL Member

Originally Posted by INFINI
The rule of thumb in good business is "without the customer the company does not exist". When some one has a good experience they tell 3 people or so. However when a person has a bad experience they tell 8 people or more!! Wow what a difference and why companies want to please not ____!
unless the person they bone is on here, then they till thousands, good or bad
Old 04-23-2007, 03:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

True!!! The Internet/blog/forum world has changed the equation but the statistics still apply just in greater estimated numbers
Old 04-23-2007, 02:07 PM

Bringing this back on topic again...

Two month have elapsed since Paul received my money (this was weeks before his oral surgery). I sent Paul money for some LEDs. We communicated three times before the sale by email to be sure I was buying the correct items. After I paid he refused to ship, refund or even answer mail. After he posted his excuses here he then emailed me a week later to say I would get a refund. Needless to say he did not follow thorough on that promise either.

I was forced to file a claim against him through Paypal and of course the decision was in my favor. He never even bothered to reply to Paypal's inquiries. I received a full refund today.

Paul,
Let us know when you grow up to become a man and take responsibility for your own actions.
Old 04-23-2007, 05:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by azdave
Bringing this back on topic again...
Funny I was actually making your complaint stronger.
Old 04-23-2007, 05:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Wow this blew up... have not looked at this post in a long time. Engifineer, I noticed as well that my post as not been opened or looked at after he also accused me of bad mouthing him which is totally insane since I stuck up for him at the start of this mess. Ah well. Looks like he is gone!
Old 04-27-2007, 03:18 PM

well its been a month and a half and still havent got my gauges and my havc back.....
this is getting real old anyway its like beating a dead horse........
Old 04-27-2007, 03:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Wow... a month and a half..???
Old 04-27-2007, 03:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Damn, After reading this post I wouldn't think anyone would do business with him? I guess I was wrong.
Old 04-27-2007, 04:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

If anyone needs help I am more than willing to lend a hand. While I cant go out and buy people new parts, I can work to find good deals for you and/or help fix what you already have that is not working. So if you have units that are back, but not working, I can try to get you going again.
Old 04-28-2007, 01:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I have about 4 speedo clusters in stock for auto and manual. Anyone can rent them I guess if they need them. I also stock 2007 and 05-06 hvac units that can be rented or purchased if anyone needs...

Quick Reply: BUYER BEWARE!!! LEDMODS.net SHADY BUSINESS