Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

BUYER BEWARE!!! LEDMODS.net SHADY BUSINESS

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 03:30 PM
SL Member

Wow, I came back to visit this thread hoping people weren't still getting screwed over. I hate to hear you are though. Good for the guys who are helping everyone out!!!!! Thank you's to you!!!!!
Old 05-23-2007, 12:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The LED Mods banners have been suspended. I'm trying to reach Paul to make sure he resolves these ongoing issues. I'll keep y'all updated.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

did you guys even see his friggin apology... nice one admin, you get my disaproval...
Old 05-23-2007, 01:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Strictly Scionized
SL Member

Please refer to my public apology I posted earlier for any questions.

Here is a link.

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=176640
Old 05-23-2007, 01:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

I am glad to see that you are back on your feet, and even more glad to see that you are offereing a discount to recoup from your boo boo. It's too bad my stuff is already done.

The one comment I have to make to you, is for the love of all that is holy, please stay in contact with the world this time. People trying to track you down, call you, coming to your house and what not, simply because you won't answer an email is completely unacceptable. I am sure that most of the conflict could have been avoided or resolved by an email repsonse of some sort.

Most people realize that you had an emergency, and for the most part I think people were willing to deal with it for a while. But surely you could have had someone do something about your business... some kind of contact info other than a posting on your website "Paul had emergency surgery on his face". But even with that, the timeframe that was given was not followed, and thus made it even worse for your case. Maybe you can have a back up plan for emergencies???

So, with that said, I hope that all turns out well with your business. Again, I am glad that you are back on your feet and you are doing everything to make this right.

Old 05-23-2007, 08:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've been in contact with Paul and the LED Mods banners have been reactivated.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Really good to see this happening. I am gonna keep an eye on this thread to see how well it progresses.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Strictly Scionized
SL Member

Thanks for the positive support guys, I'm glad to be back, and re-establish my reputation. It will be a difficult task to do, but I am confident.

I also have a new post I put up with a public apology to everyone. I have a link in my signature. It may be easier to post in there.

-Paul
www.ledmods.net
Old 05-23-2007, 11:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yezzir apology accepted no hard feelings...finally got everythin tho soo workkd out at the end
Old 05-24-2007, 04:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I hope more people who had complaints can post here when they get there issues worked out.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Glad to see everythings is being worked out. Also, thanks to the Admin on working to resolve this issue.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Everyone get there stuff back yet or still no..? Hope it all works out If ZPI can keep selling after all the crap, then you should be able to as well!
Old 05-30-2007, 05:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Strictly Scionized
SL Member

Originally Posted by Garage1217
Everyone get there stuff back yet or still no..?
That was the very first thing I took care of. You can read that in my public apology (the link is in my signature).
Old 05-30-2007, 12:27 PM
SL Member

I think at this point, a personal apology would be a bit more effective than a public one. After all... countless emails unanswered, paypal claim with no response (thanx for that.... made getting my money back a bit faster), and still no acknowledgment of the situation... and that's just from MY ordeal. Personal accountability... not public accountability.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Paul, at this point you have a huge hole to dig yourself out of. I will not appologize this time for anything I have said, because I dont feel any of it is out of line. You have done this and used the same excuse time and time again, so why should it be any better this time?

I really do hope whatever issues you have are over and you are doing well. But if you are not 100% sure things arent totally back to normal, I suggest you stop taking work. Personal problems or not, you can simply not take work, not promise what you cant deliver and return peoples stuff until you are able to live up to your claims. I also constantly hear on this site and others of people getting thier stuff back damaged with no reply from you. I hope you are taking care of them as well, and right away. I have offered to fix your work for nearly free just to help people out, as have garage1217 and trung. Its time you stop appologizing and take action on these things. And offering a discount to get more people to send you thier parts doesnt make much sense to me either until you have taken care of ALL of your previous customers still waiting on parts or driving around with leds that dont work.

If there is one thing I cant stand to watch, it is someone providing bad business to people, many of which are younger and are spending their hard earned money on things like this.

As a human being, I hope things get better for you. As a business, you have some huge scars to patch up.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Very well said, the damge has been done.

Originally Posted by engifineer
Paul, at this point you have a huge hole to dig yourself out of. I will not appologize this time for anything I have said, because I dont feel any of it is out of line. You have done this and used the same excuse time and time again, so why should it be any better this time?

I really do hope whatever issues you have are over and you are doing well. But if you are not 100% sure things arent totally back to normal, I suggest you stop taking work. Personal problems or not, you can simply not take work, not promise what you cant deliver and return peoples stuff until you are able to live up to your claims. I also constantly hear on this site and others of people getting thier stuff back damaged with no reply from you. I hope you are taking care of them as well, and right away. I have offered to fix your work for nearly free just to help people out, as have garage1217 and trung. Its time you stop appologizing and take action on these things. And offering a discount to get more people to send you thier parts doesnt make much sense to me either until you have taken care of ALL of your previous customers still waiting on parts or driving around with leds that dont work.

If there is one thing I cant stand to watch, it is someone providing bad business to people, many of which are younger and are spending their hard earned money on things like this.

As a human being, I hope things get better for you. As a business, you have some huge scars to patch up.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hnse why I am still watching to see what happens I do hope for allot of people writing here saying all is well.
Old 06-02-2007, 05:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

i was unaware of this thread when i saw Pauls 40% off special... he got another sucker... my gauges are now 2 days late and with is being saturday i wont hope to see them before monday, making them 4 days late.

i put a thread where people like myself may see it and be warned

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...621745#2621745

the least Paul could do is refund my $30 i gave him for overnight shipping. if he has "made a life of this business" then he should at least know when to get to the post office for overnight shipping.

edit: nvm my thread has already been moved back here where people will not see it.

at this point the least scionlife could do to keep ITS name good is remove Pauls sponsorship.
Old 06-02-2007, 05:19 PM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

sorry.. i had meant to leave a shadow there indicating that it was moved... the shadow has been placed in the ice & interior forum... that way people will see it as you had intended.

i agree completely on the refund for the overnight shipping.. i have heard other situations where people have paid him for overnight, however he shipped it via cheaper methods.

as far as revoking sponsorship, that is a decision beyond my control. it's all up to the site admin.

and as far as my involvement in these matters, i stand in the same position as dave (engifineer).. only read just he has said, as i agree wholeheartedly 100%.
Old 06-02-2007, 08:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Strictly Scionized
SL Member

You know, for a while I've been criticized, and if the other modders want to say I should not be welcome here, that is unreasonable. I've been here far too long, and have helped out too many people for you 3 (Trung Dave and Jeremy) to follow through with such a negative remark on me. You guys have been on this forum long enough to know better. When someone so reputable as I have been is out and having trouble getting back to his customers, you should know something is wrong.

I don't know if your main interest in having me gone is because I'm competition, or because you genuinely think I'm a lousy person to do business with. Trung, I remember so many of my customers had voluntarily posted "thank you Paul" "Ledmods is the best" etc... and you even put up a post saying "why don't my customers ever leave me posts like this?".

You guys need to face facts and recognize that I have had more than my share of contribution to the SL community. You guys supporting the idea that I am a shady businessman is just outrageous.

I have never attacked any of you, I've told all my customers who ask that you guys are good guys. The 4 of us have different ways of modding the gauge cluster (as far as the 2 color gauges/needles, and my color changing needle conversion), and that's fine. I remember Trung, you voluntarily said one of my installs looked "ghetto".

I'm not a "tutorial modder", I am actually certified in electronics, and I have years of experience working on and customizing cars. Nothing I do is by any means ghetto. If I can't guarantee my installations to work right for as long as you own the car, then I won't do it.

You guys need to step up and realize my accomplishments over the year I've helped out here, and not just see me as competition to get rid of.

Joey (orangesuburban), You barely tried to contact me to resolve this issue. That is by far unreasonable. I did contact you to let you know that I shipped your parts the day after I received them, and because I was a few minutes late to the counter, and the United States Post Office is not under my control, and I don't know why your package did not arrive on time. That is something the both of us can look into, instead of jumping to conclusions.

As far as a refund, that is unreasonable to ask, as I have already stated that I used that to ship overnight to you. Trung, you don't even know what the situation was as far as shipping so how in the world can you agree with that suggestion? And you are speaking out of line when you say I ship via other methods. I have rarely... RARELY shipped anything less than USPS Express mail (and that was only at the customers request). If you are going to make that statement, I insist that you provide evidence of this slanderous claim.

Quick Reply: BUYER BEWARE!!! LEDMODS.net SHADY BUSINESS