Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

BUYER BEWARE!!! LEDMODS.net SHADY BUSINESS

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 03:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
TOCC
SL Member

true it never should have left his shop that way, but at the same time he is trying to fix his mistake, you've gotta give him that man
Old 06-05-2007, 02:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I see him saying he will help, yet, from the examples I have seen he says a lot but does nothing. There are still people saying they are waiting for the same stuff. This guy has another thread about this. The tach is not working correctly even after fixing the needle. I have offered to troubleshoot it and fix it for free (unless it is an expensive fix) to get him going again. From my e-troubleshooting he is looking at anything from poor soldering to a new cluster. If he were my customer, it would not only be fixed (within a few days) but he would be getting refund for his trouble.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
TOCC
SL Member

I thought it was just a needle
Old 06-06-2007, 03:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Well, the needle was pushed down too far. He fixed that, and the tach was still acting up (working, then dropping to zero at 70 mph, then working.. etc). Apparently it started acting ok again after a bit, so he is wathching it now.
Old 06-06-2007, 03:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
TOCC
SL Member

I mean I could understand pushing a needle a little too far, I can see that getting past testing, since he doesn't have any cars to test on(to my knowledge) I work in a business where you send a car home you expect it to come back a week or two later for little rattles and stuff, so I can understand some issues
Old 06-06-2007, 05:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Strictly Scionized
SL Member

Originally Posted by orangesuburban
Originally Posted by jwaj2002
atleast your trying Paul
trying what? trying to fix an issue that should have never left his "shop" in the first place? too little too late IMO.

Joey, I'm still waiting to help you out. You can reply to the voice mail I left you, the e-mail I left you, the PM I left you, and the reply I left you in the post you created. I can't do anything about this if you won't let me.

Originally Posted by engifineer
I see him saying he will help, yet, from the examples I have seen he says a lot but does nothing. There are still people saying they are waiting for the same stuff. This guy has another thread about this. The tach is not working correctly even after fixing the needle. I have offered to troubleshoot it and fix it for free (unless it is an expensive fix) to get him going again. From my e-troubleshooting he is looking at anything from poor soldering to a new cluster. If he were my customer, it would not only be fixed (within a few days) but he would be getting refund for his trouble.
Dave, you have a PM message requesting more information on these customers. Please respond asap.
Old 06-06-2007, 06:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Testing a needle being on too far just takes the experience of doing one before and simply looking a the needle clearance. That is easy. Some issues are expected and will happen.. but too many and it is getting ridiculous, especially with a history like this.

Paul,
I am sorry.. I have tried to give you the benefit of the doubt plenty of times before. And I am tired of the pms about these things. If the customers in question (like orangesuburban) wanted you to do the fix and future work on thier car, they would contact you. That is their decision and I am not going to pm you names so you can contact them. The three that I have dealt with have mentioned numerous pms, emails and phone calls to you, and I beleive have posted all of that info either here or on ystc. Enough bad publicity was posted there to get you banned. So it is not like this is hidden info. You repeatedly act like you havent heard of any of this.. .yet you are posting on a 14 page long thread about the issues people have had with your work and your business. There are people that have posted on ystc with similar issues (like thier head unit not working after you worked on it.. getting no response and fixing it themselves by pulling the screw you left laying in the case out of the eject mechanism) and people on here.

If you can fix all of this, I am happy for you. But you are ignoring the posts all over the forums and asking me to provide info on your customers??? They obviously are tired of trying to contact you or deal with you, or they wouldnt be pming the rest of us that do the work to have us help them.

Again, sorry it has to turn out this way, but I beleive in taking only work I can garauntee will be done on time, and PROMPTLY correcting issues and providing partial or full refunds. I also contact my customers after they receive their stuff and check on how it turned out. And I also believe your customers have the choice of whether to come back to you or not.
Old 06-06-2007, 06:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

And since we are on the topic of your pm, Paul, lets get something straight since you accuse me of contributing to your bad name with my posts.

You have done this multiple times, and used practically the same excuse each time. I posted a huge thread before giving you the benefit of the doubt and letting people know I wasnt attacking you. Then you do the exact same thing again, with the same excuses. I have done nothing to give you bad name, the piles of people complaining online have done that. I even told you the last time you sent me a pm asking why I was negative about you that it was nothing personal, and if you needed help in any way I would provide what I could to help you keep things going for yourself. That was right before my big long thread I mentioned above, and right before you did it again as I mentioned above. I have given you nothing but chances in my eyes. And my offer of help was sincere, and would have even inlcuded deals on parts and labor to help you get back on your feet had you really been sincere, which I now doubt whole-heartedly.

I take very, very few swaps any more. I dont have the time and dont want people to get stuck waiting on their parts. I take what I can get done in the promised turnaroud time. Most time, that amounts to 1-2 every 1-2 months. So this is by no means my way of making a living and is more of a hobby which I enjoy. That reflects in my low pricing and few jobs I take. So as I have said many times before, this has nothing to do with trying to kill competition (which I wouldnt do no matter how many jobs I took). I am just as hard on "tuner" companies who constantly do bad business on here as well. I dont like seeing people get the runaround, period. Squall, Jeremy and anyone else I think does good, solid business have all the support in the world with me. I would trust them with my gauges and will do what I can to help them out if needed. It is not a competition thing at all with me. If it were, I would post my prices on a website and do business that way. But, I dont, and dont take enough business any more to warrant posting a site for it. And that is how I like it. If I cant take it, I send them to the others I mentioned.
Old 06-07-2007, 04:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, sorry for interprupting (sp?), but for those who dont live close to ledmods.net aka Paul in CA, i wouldnt recommend the work. Many local ppl will find his work awesome/good, blah blah, but not for outside customers. For me, been there done that. We all make mistakes. Hopefully he can work his way out. GL!
Old 06-23-2007, 07:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Of course local work is going to be good. Your right there to tell him hey my crap dont work. And its not like he cant say "im not home right now". Some people are like that and give local customers there best work and internet customers the shaft because their too far away to really do anything about it.

For the people that continually send things to LEDMod, im sorry for your loss... There are many swappers that can do outstanding work without 1 instance of bull____.
Old 06-24-2007, 01:51 AM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

hmm.. should i mention i've had complaints and comments from people that are local to him? and when they showed up to his door to leave them a note to pretty much say.. hey.. contact me along with other various complaints..

they found a nice pile of them already there from other people?

hey paul... i know you still read this thread and go online a bit... so any commments with my, perhaps... allegations?
Old 06-26-2007, 12:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Strictly Scionized
SL Member

Originally Posted by imagin
Of course local work is going to be good. Your right there to tell him hey my crap dont work. And its not like he cant say "im not home right now". Some people are like that and give local customers there best work and internet customers the shaft because their too far away to really do anything about it.

For the people that continually send things to LEDMod, im sorry for your loss... There are many swappers that can do outstanding work without 1 instance of bull____.
If you have a problem, let me know so I can fix it. My local customers stop by and I fix their problems, but my out of town customers sometimes don't contact me. I extend my help to everyone.

Originally Posted by SquallLHeart
hey paul... i know you still read this thread and go online a bit... so any commments with my, perhaps... allegations?

Trung, I've said my peace, put up an apology on this forum, as well as on my website. I am very happy to help out my out of town customers.

Again, if you are a customer of mine, and have a problem, let me know, I'll gladly help you out. It doesn't solve any problems to continually bump this thread to say I'm bad, because I'm not.

One more time...

IF ANY OF MY CUSTOMERS HAS ANY CONCERNS, PLEASE CONTACT ME. I'M VERY HAPPY TO HELP.

ALL MY CONTACT INFO IS HERE. HTTP://WWW.LEDMODS.NET/CONTACT.HTML
Old 06-30-2007, 03:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

You have put up appologies before for the very same thing. And yet I am still awaiting a set you did to repair to come to my house after vacation because you never "took care" of them. You dug a deep hole man... TWICE. So dont wonder why everyone is posting and complaining about it when others of us have people asking us to repair your work.
Old 06-30-2007, 04:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Strictly Scionized
SL Member

Originally Posted by engifineer
You have put up appologies before for the very same thing. And yet I am still awaiting a set you did to repair to come to my house after vacation because you never "took care" of them. You dug a deep hole man... TWICE. So dont wonder why everyone is posting and complaining about it when others of us have people asking us to repair your work.
Dave, I can't track all of my customers and make sure nothing is broken. I can do a follow up, but some of my customers don't bother to tell me there is a problem until I see a post about it. This thread is getting very old. I'm not apologizing for anything I haven't already apologized for. I have graciously offered to fix any problems. You have said many times I am in a deep hole, however, I must disagree. I am out of that hole, and maintaining successful transactions. I am convinced that you, Dave, know very well I am happy to fix any problems. If anyone comes to you complaining about me, you can be confident that I will happily take care of them if you have them contact me. Otherwise, I won't know there is a problem.

The work I do is exceptional, and I have come up with many different modifications (full third brake light mod, 2 color gauge/needles - done without colored stickers, color changing needles - also done without colored stickers, mirrored gauge trim). Anyone with any business sense will tell you you can't satisfy all your customers, but you can certainly try. This is why I guarantee all my work unconditionally. I have passed the 300 mark for tc's alone, and there are a few customers that are not happy, but well over 90% of them are happy. The other less than 10%, I've posted many times, in this thread, other threads, my signature, and my website, to contact me if there are any problems. If you truly want to keep the integrity of what we do, then help me honor my warranty, because you know very well that is what my intention is.

Thanks Dave, and I hope you don't find anything I said offensive, but find it genuine.

-Paul
Old 06-30-2007, 07:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

I tired to contact you several times when I had a problem, or when I just had a question and you have not responded. As a matter of fact, I emailed you about 5 days ago, and STILL have not heard anything back.

I can't see how that is a good business practice, nor can I see how ANY customer would be happy with that. To top it if, this is NOT "graciously" helping, as you so eliquently put it.

Dave, Trung, Garage1217 and others on SL have ALWAYS been there to help regardless of what the question or problem was. Hell, Trung even has his number posted in his signature so random people can call him... and more often than not, he answers the phone.

I, along with many others have given you the benefit of the doubt and said that we are glad that you came back and are trying to correct your mistakes. I applauded you with your public apology thinking maybe this would help you. But you can't even change your banner that says "All SL members get 50% off until 5/30" yadi-yada-yada.... (and it's almost the start of July), or answer a simple email, let alone correct your mistakes.

I am truly dissappointed in your business ethics.
These posts are not getting old... you are.
Old 07-02-2007, 02:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

and the people I have mentioned complained in this very thread, along with emailing and calling you paul with NO help from you in return, which is why people are coming to the rest of us to help. You were contacted more than once and called out publicly by them, with no resolution. Seems you are dancing around that fact with every post.
Old 07-03-2007, 05:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Paul im commenting on the instances of other customers. I was going to contact you to do a LED swap for me, but bad words from too many sources cause me to look at things differently. Continued bad words further that ditch. Watching as people offer help to folks who couldnt turn on their heat due to you having their HVAC for so long.... that broke the back. Sorry man, im honestly shocked with ur busniess practices that your still afloat.
Old 07-04-2007, 03:47 AM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

hey paul... guess what?

i happened to talk and come across a complaint from someone not on this forum.
you offered to help.. but have you or have you provided it to him? no.

because of the long wait for you to get off your butt, he moved his business elsewhere.. talked to me to seek help.. and even at this point i see nothing but the fact you need to purchase a full replacement for him.

his dash illumination not only has circuit board damage to it, but components are missing and no lighting works on it! (if you really have no idea who i'm talking about... he's the guy that actually trusted you that he dropped off his car at your place... that mazda? yea..)

and get this guys.. the whole time? paul? you didn't even know it was there, much less even touch it.

ohh... he'd like all of his missing screws back as well please.

you want to help? don't just "offer it"... DO IT.

yeah.. yea... you know his crap was unfinished... but geez.. put it back to at least working condition.
Old 07-04-2007, 06:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just a lil old flash of news.

Paul was banned from www.yoursciontc.com for his shady practices. They couldnt count the days fast enough until they could get him gone off the website (sponsorship obligation)

http://www.yoursciontc.com/forums/in...ic=16465&st=15 Read through the whole thread. Itll explain more of why Paul is one shady character
Old 07-04-2007, 05:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I will be back in town next week (I am in miami, ok right now.. flooding is terrible here. Had to move some family out of thier house before it went under) and should be getting one to look at shortly after as well. There is no doubt at all anymore that he is NOT helping out like he said multiple times. At this point people need to know to stay away from his business. Sending back parts that NEVER worked and are missing components, etc is just unexcusable.

Quick Reply: BUYER BEWARE!!! LEDMODS.net SHADY BUSINESS