Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

BUYER BEWARE!!! LEDMODS.net SHADY BUSINESS

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 05:55 PM
Founder
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I am going to contact Paul today.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I received an email yesterday from one of my customers here on scionlife that took some of his gear over to Paul recently to have done as he thought he could save some cash instead of shipping it to me.

Basically Paul talked trash about Trung, Dave and I, took around 8 hours according to the customer to complete the work and then wanted to see inside his gauge cluster at my work. Paul said it was wrong trying to trash talk myself and the other swappers methods, not sure how that is possible as the customer loved it and all was well and said he could make it better. Well long story short, Paul fooked up the cluster to the point the gentleman is begging me to forgive him for letting Paul touch it and is sending it back to me Friday to repair whatever he screwed up. Comments were, it looks horrible now, he put somthing on the leds and now the cluster has turned and ugly color and is dim, somthing along those lines. Better beleive I am going to back things up with photo proof.

Paul, you screwed with my customer, scratched his radio face, talked trash about the other swappers and now I have to repair your crap that you thought you would "make better" YET AGAIN. My work is dead on and I stand by it. There was nothing wrong with the cluster I did and you insisting that you inspect the work and mod it has caused massive headache. I am sick of this crap, get off the freakin forum. Your in the wrong line of work.

And for the Mazda guy, hope trung can get things straight with him. I have also heard about the piles of hate mail at your door and I am still getting your customers asking for help and to fix your crap.

I am happy to offer photos of my work or any of my customers take out a circuit board and take photos of my work. Like I said, it is dead on and I stand by it. Don't lie to a customer to try to make some more money off of him "saying you can make it better" and then jack it all up. Freaking messed up man.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

He can talk all the trash he wants about me.... while he is following the instructions I WROTE for doing the HVAC mod. He likes to brag about his installer certification, which in NO way makes him a qualified electronics tech (or even close). I have a bachelors and masters in the field of electronics and can bet I know a wee bit more about circuit design that he does to say the least And I will gladly put pics of my work up against his. The complaints I have heard from those with broken gauges that he did include the fact that the work looked like complete messy crap (even to an untrained eye).

And the biggest thing about trung, jeremy and myself is that we BACK OUR WORK 100%!!! And we dont just say it, we do it every time. Find the very few that have had issues with my work and you will find people that were not only provided fast shipping for free, but also were discounted between 40% - 100% of the price they paid just for thier trouble. And you wont find one that did not have the issue solved within the week unless they just couldnt get the parts to me sooner. And from what I know and hear trung and jeremy are just as good about backing thiers.

He continues to beg for business, giving "discounts" (for those that like his discounts, I have had only a few jobs over $150 and even fewer over $180, those including head units, steering wheel controls and the whole ball of wax.. so you can see his discounts are still not great deals) to people and appologizing over and over, yet he still continues to do crap work. He was banned from one forum cause of this, so I am amazed anyone works with him. And the fact that he has the nerve to trash talk our work is comical to say the least.

Paul,
If you want to talk badly about me or my work, I fully welcome you to do it here rather than behind my back. I am more than willing to discuss why you think your work is better.

Just how many of these threads have been posted about trung, jeremy or myself? Now how many have been posted about paul???? Case rested :p
Old 07-25-2007, 12:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Acutally...
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...465&highlight=

I have seen many negative comments about Paul... I have even seen his work and it's not the greatest in the world. I have also seen numerous positive comments about the other three mentioned... the post above is one of the positive comments that I myself posted. I hope it got them some business, but they really deserve it. This 15 page thread about Paul should be more than enough to show that he DOES NOT deserve it. Hell, one page should be enough.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well it seems everyone agrees---obviously still cutting corners and cheating people out of there hard earned money. Maybe the next special should be 80% off instead of 30% at this rate...I still wouldnt give him my stuff lol
Old 07-25-2007, 03:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Appreciate the thread above for sure! Glad to hear the positive remarks.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Garage1217 ruined my scion life with the led mods he did on my gauge cluster, hvac, steering wheel and window buttons.

how did he do it? he let me hang out in his wonderful home in the late evening while he quickly and efficiently changed out the leds. he explained everything he was doing in a step by step manner and was very friendly all around. i got to chat with him and his wife and play with his dog. he answered all of my stupid questions and gave me the holiday discount.

how did he ruin my scion life by doing all of that you ask?

well... what can you do for a buyer's experience encore? he makes ned flanders look surly.
Old 07-25-2007, 04:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
TOCC
SL Member

lol I thought you were going to say that ruined it by "doing such a good job that I decide to change my leds out every week just so I can play with the dog" lol
Old 07-25-2007, 04:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Originally Posted by jobunaga
Garage1217 ruined my scion life with the led mods he did on my gauge cluster, hvac, steering wheel and window buttons.

how did he do it? he let me hang out in his wonderful home in the late evening while he quickly and efficiently changed out the leds. he explained everything he was doing in a step by step manner and was very friendly all around. i got to chat with him and his wife and play with his dog. he answered all of my stupid questions and gave me the holiday discount.

how did he ruin my scion life by doing all of that you ask?

well... what can you do for a buyer's experience encore? he makes ned flanders look surly.
This sounds like a post for the other topic (posted in my last post).
Old 07-25-2007, 05:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

engifineer

Just want to say Thanks again for that DIY I use it all the time :D
Old 07-25-2007, 12:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Thanks guys and we all have to thank Dave for the wonderfull efficient HVAC mod that he worked hard & created. Would have taken a long time to get that done without him!
Old 07-27-2007, 09:37 AM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

the silence is deafening isn't it?
Old 07-27-2007, 08:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

lol
Old 07-27-2007, 11:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Yes it is.
Old 07-29-2007, 04:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I was out in Vegas at VIP and he came and talked crap about work that I do right to my face not knowing who I was or what I do. So I told my club, and all of the So Cal Clubs I talk to (Since I'm the President) to do business somewhere else. It's a respect thing and that's no way to get business by putting down others. I held my tongue in Vegas but wanted to throw in my two cents. Karma.
Old 07-29-2007, 06:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

haha i hope pail is reading this.... he begins to get that cold feeling inside...like oh ____ i might end up in jail...because all of a sudden enough people get fed up...and this is mail fraud (shipping USPS) not mention the stealing of money..... sooner or later your in jail live life do well by people!
Old 07-29-2007, 08:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionTific

SL Member

Originally Posted by scvscions
I was out in Vegas at VIP and he came and talked crap about work that I do right to my face not knowing who I was or what I do. So I told my club, and all of the So Cal Clubs I talk to (Since I'm the President) to do business somewhere else. It's a respect thing and that's no way to get business by putting down others. I held my tongue in Vegas but wanted to throw in my two cents. Karma.
That's foul, J. I will definitely discourage anyone I know from doing business with him, he has caused too many problems for my friends.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:58 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Dont' worry Trung, Dave, and Jeremy. Paul can talk all the crap he wants but his crappy work and unethical business practices speak for themself.

I've asked Trung for loads of advice, ordered extra parts from Jeremy, and used Dave's modification write-up. So I can say that these three ARE "THE" BEST out there and I would never go with anyone else..

I mean look how much they are trying to help the Scion community on this forum alone...

I applaud your efforts DAVE, JEREMY, and TRUNG!!

Sorry Paul I think you had many chances already...
[/b]
Old 08-01-2007, 05:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Sorry Paul, Had to fix yet another cluster of yours, yeah the one that you said you could "make better" that I did. Like I said, it was FAR from better. This spider web of crap remind you of a past customers cluster? Yeah, cold solder joints, total mess, 1 dead short, paper covering part of an led so it made the gauge face look very nasty yellow and dim, the color change was horrible and incorrect, were you eating a taco when you put it back together? Looked like food stuck to the back of the gauge faces... and god what solder are you useing? Enough flux on the board paint a room, found it all over when I removed the melting goey electrical tape that was serving some purpose in the mess. Lets just let your work speak for itself..

I find it funny you proclaim this is your trade secret and talk down about the method trung and I have of useing vinyl to make the color change which looks perfect and is reliable, and then you do this crap and claim you did a better job. Wonder why the customer begged me to fix it all and had to send it in to me. You brought this on yourself, talk crap about Dave, Trung or I to our own customers, then you will get your own work posted up *LOL*... No worries none of us will be stealing your super secret method anytime soon

Old 08-01-2007, 05:58 AM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

hey ladies and gentlemen! for only $140.. oh wait PLUS a 30% discount good until tonight.. you can get this!
step right up folks! get your orders in by today!

his oh so "trade secret" is out...

you know.. me and the others have dealt with alot of your crap... we gave you plenty of chances, but you messed them all up. we are just tired of dealing with you. you want to talk behind our backs? whatever man.

i spent close to 4 years working on multi-billion (yes.. with a 'B') dollar equipment for the military... with NUCLEAR power plant equipment. yeah... i would think that attention to detail and a bit of QA was hammered into my now OCD skull for electronic work.

and you always use the excuse of "i am a business owner of 7+ years".. okay... i've seen 7 yr olds do better solder work than this..

i'm just sorry... but this is not quality work anyone should pay for.

i've seen complete beginners pick up a soldering iron for the very first time, practice for a little while, and with some advice here and there, complete the job perfectly... AND with good clean joints.

and i do remember that one time when a friend of mine had called you first for advice... at which he mentioned you blew him off.. because your "time is worth money"...

you want to keep your so-called secrets to yourself... that is just arrogant and says alot about you. sure.. wow.. business blah.. that we talked about way back then... well... like jeremy said... you don't have to worry at all or one bit... we're not gonna copy that monstrosity anytime

as for me, jeremy, and dave... we're completely happy and willing to teach people how to fish.

the game's over paul.

Quick Reply: BUYER BEWARE!!! LEDMODS.net SHADY BUSINESS