Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

BUYER BEWARE!!! LEDMODS.net SHADY BUSINESS

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 01:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

It's weird how he hasn't posted in here huh? And you know that is still around.
Old 08-04-2007, 04:03 AM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by LEDMods_net
I would appreciate if don't post such messages saying I my work is junk, as it is not. My ideas and my work has inspired many other modders to their own variation. I have several hundred happy customers, and someone I don't know, is going around talking trash. Why do this? I don't hurt anyone or scam anyone.
he's kidding right?

yea... he inspires me and the others alright.... to do a much better job..
oh wait.. we already do that.

hey paul... so.. whaddya gonna do about the customers that you screwed over? keep ignoring them and not return their calls? the mazda guy would like a new center console, and all the missing screws that you lost.

you have YET to address or talk about the concerns that we speak of... you can't dodge facts... and you can't ignore the people that you screwed over..

i will not let people come to you until you fully resolve the problems that you have created and the mess that you caused.. stop pulling the same excuses and statements and actually resolve something... fix the problems that you so openly say that you'll do... take care of your customers..

me and the others are tired of having to fix your crap.
Old 08-04-2007, 08:00 PM
5 Year Member

Hi, so I’ve read through the section, basically the problem with him is that he has poor workmanship at best and shady practices with shipping products. I recently read in one of his posts, about the AVIC D3 installed/accessories/and factory warrantee for basically $900.

I’m unsure of how to install myself, so I don’t want to risk installing myself, but also want quality installation, w/ a limited budget.

My question is, $900 worth it? Considering all the stuff he’s giving, it’s a decent price, and with added installation, I’d think its even better.
But that’s where my troubles start, “added installation”, but from the stories about the led incidents, I’m wondering if I’d just end up paying for a “damaged during install” or “incorrectly/poorly install” unit.

And with the quoted “shady business practices” is he really an authorized dealer that can give me the full warrantee? Because that’s also a deal breaker.

I don’t know if my math is correct, or any of my other previous statements are correct, but typically the AVIC can be found for around $700, compuplus.com << found out about at AVIC411, and many posts that say this is cheapest and somewhat trustable w/ minor delayed shipping problems. The harness + Toyota kit + ipod cable, about an additional $70. all of this not including tax which can add up to $75 more, and the need to installation by a professional or help on diy [but im pretty clumsy at it to begin with] and shipping price…

So $900 starts to seem good to me, long story short, anyone has insight or opinions on his deal, or an alternative option preferably local to So Cal.

Thank you
-sorm
Old 08-05-2007, 12:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ask yourself this question. Paul is a 1 man show thats proven his workmanship and customer service over and over again..... Theres no way in hell Pioneer will let someone be an "authorized installer" from their house. He can claim that "if it breaks ill replace it" but you can look through this thread and see the results of that promise. Oh and BTW, if paul opens that Pioneer HU up at all (to change LEDs for example), you can throw your factory warrenty out of the window. Pioneer definitly wont honor something thats been tampered with in any way.

You do whatever you feel. If you want the best deal in your eyes, then theres not much anyone can say past whats been said. Just relize its 900 bucks that you wont see again if it all goes wrong...
Old 08-05-2007, 04:47 AM
5 Year Member

well as a response to my previous post,

i've talked to a electronics shop near where i live, they do reliable business, considering they did my tint over a year ago and it still looks new =]
they also gave me a really good deal on the AVIC D3,
Parts +Installation
it costs 100bux more, but IMO more worth it, because they guarantee if any problems w/ the HU occurs they will cover me. + i know them better.

so yah, i think i'll save myself the headache and do it with my shop for $1000, + peace of mind =]

-sorm
Old 08-05-2007, 04:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

WORD! $80 for a job and getting it messed up, not the end of the world. $1000 and a broken system! WOW.

I would play it safe.
Old 08-05-2007, 06:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
TOCC
SL Member

Crutchfield.com had that same one on sale, you could get it, the ipod, 4 speakers, xm sat radio setup, and full scion install kit, with speaker baffles, direct plug and play and the harness for, get this $900 shipped
Old 08-05-2007, 06:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Dynasty
SL Member

wow, the same price PLUS 4 SPEAKERS and relaxed state of mind

thanks for bringing this to my attention guys

and you get a warrantee from crutchfield!!
Old 08-05-2007, 06:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
TOCC
SL Member

yep
Old 08-05-2007, 11:39 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by jwaj2002
Crutchfield.com had that same one on sale, you could get it, the ipod, 4 speakers, xm sat radio setup, and full scion install kit, with speaker baffles, direct plug and play and the harness for, get this $900 shipped
im sorry for the noob question, but how do you get this deal, i've gone on the site, the only discount for the Avic D3 is the 25% off the polk speakers...
...is there something missing?

because right now everytime i proceed to checkout, i get full price and no discount except on speakers?

thankx
-sorm
Old 08-06-2007, 12:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
TOCC
SL Member

well this was a month ago it may have ended, personally you should wait till the sema show is over, then look into getting a new headunit the newest stuff is always show at sema, thats when you find out what you want/need

but just keep an eye out on crutchfield's website
Old 08-06-2007, 12:09 AM
5 Year Member

hmm maybe i will wait but also keep an eye out for crutchfield...
thankx for the heads up
-sorm
Old 08-06-2007, 02:11 AM

Default thanks

well ty for saving me. after reading pauls sob story..."booohooo i work so hard boo hooo". please get a grip welcome to the realworld fool. this isnt a ferrari forum WE ALL WORK HARD MORON. it just sucks that you dont have the equipment to be called a man enough to answer the alligations without resorting to judgement day sob stories. garage you got my business will be contacting you shortly
Old 08-06-2007, 06:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

A quote from a customer of Paul's Third Brake Light:

Ok now I understand the process. Well is it the same, if my TBL isn't stock anymore? I tried to go through LEDMODS.net and he didn't do a good job on them. LEDs were dim, others didn't turn on. So that's why i'm looking for another solution. Does this affect the pricing? Thanks.
im speechless...
Old 08-06-2007, 05:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

The bad hatter strikes again.

Seriously Paul... most people say "don't quit your day job". I think it's the opposite for you. You need to find another line of work.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I wanna know what busniess he had before doing Scion LED's full time.... cuz of his "owned a busniess for 7 years".... and well its not possible to modify 7 yr old Scions that were not in the US yet or not created at that time....
Old 08-06-2007, 05:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

He did other cars and motorcyles. There are posts on this thread from people having bad experiences with thier motorcycle gauges he did (like waiting forever to get them back, not working, not being fixed by paul, etc). I know at least one person started a screen name here just to warn people because of his motorcycle gauge issues.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh i have a few motorcycle websites that warned against sending things off. Funny how i never got an answer from Paul about those GSXRs and ZX's he screwed up pretty good.

BTW in his "Buy a Pioneer for 899 thread" He brushes this thread off as "being old issues that are long resolved"

Its hilarious he wont post up becuase hes out of excuses and he knows if he does, the explination he will offer wil be torn to bits and make him look worse. But ill bet you alot of money he reads whatevers posted in here when it shows up as new.

So cmon paul, let your ***** drop and answer for your motorcycle horror stories

And to add to the comedy, lets go ahead and quote his myspace

"We customize Your interior and exterior lighting to no limits.

Our techniques are far superior than our competitors, with our color changing needles, true 2 color gauge/needle combination, custom LCD screens, full 3rd brake light conversions, and mirrored gauge trims.

All our gauge modifications are full LED conversions. We don't use any paint or stickers to change the color of your gauges.

All our work is guaranteed to work and function perfectly as long as you own your vehicle. With years in the business, you are getting everything done right the first time."

Too bad we cant put up photos of his superior techniques or link to this thread on there to warn those folks what theyre getting into.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I decided to stop reading all of this because I no longer feel bad for anyone who gets scammed by him. This has been going on for how long? Months upon months.... Now if you notice he is offering 30% off on all of his Scionlife.com members. It is time for someone to take a stand. All of his banners need to be removed from Scionlife.com immediatly. If this 17 page thread isnt proof enough he is a fraud then what is? On top of that, I think no more games should be played. Anyone who has been scammed or is in the process needs to notify HIS local town police department with all of his information. If over 2 people call, trust me they will pay him a visit. Lets take action on this, the reason he has done it again is because the first time the punishment wasnt serious enough. So whose with it?
Old 08-07-2007, 10:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I like how he bashes on "stickers" for two tones. First, I would love to see how he does two tones with different colored lines and numbers. They aer lit from the same LEDS!!!!!! Unless he did more of his cardboard and stilt "superior" methods

And hate to inform you paul, but colored vinyl is the BEST way to do those types of two tones, it is cheaper, simpler (simple is always better in any design... but an engineer would know these things :D ) and is practically the exact way your stock redline is done on the gauge faces.

For some combinations of needles and gauge colors, it is better and nicer looking to do it using separate backlighting (only not the trashy looking way he does it).

As usual, those that cant do good work have to claim thier methods are somehow superior to the right way.

And regardless of how he does it, he still wont fix what he breaks (and cant in most cases), so others have to do it for him. But he has a warranty like the rest of us right??? what was that comment again from the movie......? " If you want, I can take a dump in a box and slap a warranty on it... but in the end, what do you have?...."

Its a lot nicer when your customers know the warranty means something. Something is bound to go wrong eventually, but when it does, people expect prompt and correct service.

Quick Reply: BUYER BEWARE!!! LEDMODS.net SHADY BUSINESS