Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

BUYER BEWARE!!! LEDMODS.net SHADY BUSINESS

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 08:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

K well my steering wheel control LEDs are completely off now. Not even a flicker from moving around. Not sure what I did but I did something cause I had to take the piece off to paint it.

I know it's not really my "fault" as the leds never worked right after Paul changed the color and I know I put it back on right as all the buttons work without a hitch. Just no lights at all.

Old 08-12-2007, 08:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

email the site admin and let him know your experience.

Troy@scionlife.com

As for your steering wheel and things still not working right. Get in contact with one of the LED HEDZ (Engifineer, SquallHeart, elti, 05_trd_tc) 'sorry if i got one of yalls names wrong' but look back through this thread and youll find a link to them, Garage1217.com, or Sean (ledmod.com). They will be more than happy to repair your non working items for you. Just send them a PM and theyll give you the details and help you out
Old 08-12-2007, 03:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Wont list my site yet (yes, I have a site now ) so as not to advertise and break any rules there, since I am not set up for advertising yet on here. But give me a shout about your steering wheel controls. I can take a look at them if you need. Squall is probably close enough to do it locally, but if not, gimmie a shout. It is most definitely a bad solder joint. Should just take a few minutes to fix.
Old 08-12-2007, 03:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I agree about emailing troy. It is too bad though, after seeing pics of his work, that it isnt enough. It doesnt take any experience to see that that will not last any considerable amount of time.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Sent ya a pm, Send the wheel controls in to me and I will fix them up / test them for ya. It seems a decent percentage of my work now is fixing Pauls stuff so why not!
Old 08-17-2007, 04:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks, honestly I feel a bit foolish and did not want to complain after all of this.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow i was going to send it off to paul when i got up the money (he was the only person i knew of that did these) but now that i see alot of people have been having problems i am sending it off to Garage1217 !! Especially Since he has screwed over James !!

So when i get the money to do this my choice will be Garage1217 (it will cost me $300 all done and shipped back to me)

BTW GARAGE1217 : I really like how you are dedicated to your customers and were offering help even though Paul is a competitor of yours . Great stuff man and you are now my for sure choice when i decide to do my LED Swaps !!
Old 08-22-2007, 10:25 AM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

well.. everyone that's here is always willing to help out each other.

good stuff
Old 08-22-2007, 12:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
TOCC
SL Member

everyone BUT paul
Old 08-22-2007, 04:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

K gonna send the board over to you this week since it really won't matter cause it does not work anyway.
Old 08-22-2007, 04:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Right on man
Old 09-03-2007, 11:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yikes!! Thanks for the info! I was gonna have him do my gauges.
Old 09-03-2007, 11:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Garage1217
Sent ya a pm, Send the wheel controls in to me and I will fix them up / test them for ya. It seems a decent percentage of my work now is fixing Pauls stuff so why not!
Sorry about the delay. I took the circuit board out and have just been getting used to not having my steering wheel controls

I will be sending it out Tuesday or Wednesday
Old 09-03-2007, 11:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I am about to start a new topic:

"Petition: All in favor of Paul's banners being removed as well as him being removed from Scionlife.com" it is only fair...people get banned for bad language but you let this A-hole stay on here....

I say...if they dont remove him we all threaten to remove ourselves!!!!!!!!! lets take some action...
Old 09-04-2007, 04:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

I don't think making that threat is really going to do anything. It's not like they need us on the website, and there are many many people out there that have not heard about this issue.
Old 09-04-2007, 04:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thats kind of the point.... if enough of us petition and complain maybe they will change this.... Scionlife is a community...WE make up the community... thus we should have some sort of say in this.... sad part is your right... people still dont know about this issue.. and thats how he CONTINUES to steal and people out of hard earned money. I dont mean to sound to "extreme" but how many people have to get screwed till something gets done? We have what 100 Mods who lock up threads of fighting, or repetitive threads? dont you think this might be a little more important?
Old 09-04-2007, 05:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I understand the idea but I don;t think threatening to quit will do much. Actually leaving might if it's enough but I doubt people will. I do think going through the right channels and doing a class Acton suite or calling the local business burrough where he is located (Irvine) might do more good than a forum strike

I am sure the owners of SL have or are still not sure what do do with Paul since he's a master talker. I mean really, I know I have been around him personally.

I am not saying he's a bad guy, just never seen him follow through on promises and obviously the work is shady. It's a long road or red tape I think, but I am confused why there does not seem to be any closure on this issue. It's a very unfortunate issue.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The only thing to do is email troy about your experiences with Paul and let him consider taking Paul from sponsoring is the right thing to do. That topic would be pulled within days.

After all Paul bled all in his panties when i posted pictures of his work in his "send me your gauges" threads.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

A few things -

1) As imagin was saying before, he and / or someone else was posting in another topic and the posts were getting deleted. I think that as a sponsor, Paul has the option to delete posts within his own topic, but I could be wrong. Either way, posting about him is not going to be enough to get the word out that he is not the greatest person to trust. Hell, this topic is 19 pages long and still many people don't know about it.

2) I am not going to bash on the admin of this site, as I love the site. But emailing Troy or Darren is not going to be enough to have them just put a stop to his advertising. I feel as though it should, but they have the CYA policy too... and as long as he pays and shows no bad business to them, their hands are pretty much tied. This thread should be enough to kick him off, but if you really think about it... how many people have posted in this thread? Prolly not as many people that are actually happy with his work. I am not saying that many people aren't mad... but not all of those actually post here. You know the old saying "You can't please everybody".

3) I think Infini is actually right on this one. If people want to get something done, a class action suite would be the best way to do it (IMO). A petition of sorts that PAL20G was talking about would actually do good there. However, the same petition would prolly not to do well here on SL because having you, me and all the people that are mad about something or other leave the website doesn't really effect anyone other than us. They don't make money or make a living by you simply being here.

For the record, I would be willing to sign that petition.
Old 09-04-2007, 05:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Funny thing though.. one of the other scion boards (ystc) removed his ish a long time ago and banned him. A forum should support the members, not the advertisers (it is starting to get like corporate sponsored radio), and leaving his ads up does the opposite of support anyone on here. Granted, my word can be taken by the mods as just trying to get rid of competition, but hopefully those on here that know me know better. I am fully supportive of some of the others doing the mods. This guy has screwed enough people already and supporting him by allowing him to advertise just portrays the image that the ad money means more than promoting good solid business. Not accusing anyone, just stating the image it portrays.

And lets keep in mind the number of people he has ripped off that dont even know about it yet, because if he modded many boards like the pictures shown here, they WILL fail prematurely.

Quick Reply: BUYER BEWARE!!! LEDMODS.net SHADY BUSINESS