Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

BUYER BEWARE!!! LEDMODS.net SHADY BUSINESS

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 02:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I have multiple clusters good to go... auto or manual..? Just no 2007 hvac yet...
Old 01-28-2007, 01:40 AM

Hi all.

I'm really new here, but I was just browsing your forums that a friend of mine was looking at and this post really got my attention. I did business with Paul as well, except it was for my gauges for my Suzuki GSXR 600 motorcycle. I shipped them out to him over a week and a half ago and I have yet to receive them or even hear from him. I have sent him mutiple e-mails that go without any response. It's funny how he says he has a 1 day turnaround time. I shipped my gauges USPS priority mail for about $5 and he e-mailed me saying they came in 2 days later. Now over a week later I still have nothing. Funny how he charges $15 for USPS Priority mail return shipping as well. If anyone knows how to get in contact with him, please let me know. I was going to refer all my friends to him since his work looks really good and other forums give Paul high praise, but now I have to tell like 20 other biker friends of mine to look elsewhere since it seem like Paul stole my $75 and my gauges.
Old 01-28-2007, 03:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Sorry to hear it, and I hope things turn out well. 1 day turnaround should be standard, even when I tore my hvac apart, mapped out the circuit, created the mod so the higher voltage leds would work and wrote up the whole thing, it took me a day. I think he just lets his business pile up. I have a career and a family, so I obviously dont put a ton of time into this, which is why I typically take 2 per week max. I never take two at once simply so I can garauntee I finish in the few hours after I arrive from work.

Paul seems like a nice guy, but I hope this doesnt go on too long. As someone who has been doing this, and as a project manager in my day job, I can say that proper scheduling and communication are the most important things. Things can go wrong for anyone, the key is keeping the customer in the loop and taking care of anything that comes up. This is why I would rather recommend someone to others (squall and garage1217 for example, I have sent people thier way before) if I am too busy than take more work than I can deliver on promptly.

Paul, I hope you take care of this and dont hurt things for your business! I am sure you have seen how word spreads on the forums when other companies have had these issues.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Maybe someone has contact info for him? Cell phone? (Er, don't post his # but maybe give him a call)

You might try posting in the Pacific South regional forum and see if anyone knows if he's working on some other big project or something. Is there anything big coming up in the LA area he might be prepping for?
Old 01-29-2007, 09:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Good points.

However, being busy with a huge project is a perfectly good reason to not be able to take any NEW business, it is no excuse for not meeting deadlines on work already started (that would be poor planning), especially when customers have not been contacted and are sitting without parts.

I try to give people the benefit of the doubt, and hope this doesnt hurt his business if he takes care of it, but in either case he needs to get in touch with his customers whose parts he is holding.
Old 01-30-2007, 02:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Saw him on another post tonight....
Old 01-31-2007, 06:37 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

ok heres the update. Thanks to you guys i called his cell last friday and got him. he sounded surprised to be hearing from me to say the least. he said hes been really backed up and what not and that he fixed the gauges and was just going to test them that day to make sure they worked and that he would call me back to confirm later that day. Well he never called back and since then ive called him like 20 times and left many messages. NOTHING. I even *67 the number so he wouldnt know it was me and used my roommates phone which has a completely diff area code. NOTHING! Paul Salmas aka Whiteblazer aka ledmods.net is really ____ing me off now. ive been without gauges and heat for over a month now thanks to him. I would advise everyone not to do business with him!
Old 01-31-2007, 08:16 PM

well I magically got my gauges in today. I guess since Paul took a while he shipped them back to me via USPS Express Mail instead of Priority, which is highly appreciated. Now here is the kicker. I installed my gauges today (I am the motorcycle owner in a post above) which is just plug in 1 single connector. The gauges light up the blue that I wanted really really really well. I loved it. BUT, since my gauges are digital, now my gauges aren't reading anything! Nada, zip, ziltch. All I have is a blue blackground. E-mailing him is futile. So if anyone can get ahold of him please tell him about this. Or at least read this thread. I would adivse everyone to think long and hard about having Paul do your work. I myself, will not be referring my friends to him.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

What type of a bike is it? If I know someone with a similar bike to test on, I would be willing to take a look at the gauge for you and test it... but that is if I can find a bike to test it on.

Sorry this has happened to you. There is no reason for this, and I hope it doesnt cause mistrust towards others of us who do this work. I can garauntee that if I say one day, it is one day. And if anything happens the customer will be the first to know and will be taken care of. I can also say that from what I know, Garage1217 and SquallLHeart will do the same. But, my dad deals with this stuff all the time. He is a mechanic, and a fair and honest one at that, but people have such a dis-taste towards the shady mechanics that people are always leary at first of trusting what any of them say.

But to digress...... if your gauge is not working, you should be supplied a NEW one for absolutely free unless he can fix it quickly. I hope you get it taken care of.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:47 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

all i can say is that you and garage1217 have gone out of your way to help so far and i hope everyone notices it because i sure do
Old 01-31-2007, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by engifineer
What type of a bike is it? If I know someone with a similar bike to test on, I would be willing to take a look at the gauge for you and test it... but that is if I can find a bike to test it on.

Sorry this has happened to you. There is no reason for this, and I hope it doesnt cause mistrust towards others of us who do this work. I can garauntee that if I say one day, it is one day. And if anything happens the customer will be the first to know and will be taken care of. I can also say that from what I know, Garage1217 and SquallLHeart will do the same. But, my dad deals with this stuff all the time. He is a mechanic, and a fair and honest one at that, but people have such a dis-taste towards the shady mechanics that people are always leary at first of trusting what any of them say.

But to digress...... if your gauge is not working, you should be supplied a NEW one for absolutely free unless he can fix it quickly. I hope you get it taken care of.
I own a 2006 Suzuki GSXR 600. Even because of this incident, I still won't have any distrust towards other in this same field of work. If my gauges are indeed broken, I will have to go out and buy another one. But I will still want to have the LEDs modded blue. I was chosen as the guinea pig of all my friends who also ride to find someone that does excellent LED work. Once I have found someone that can do the job we want, then I can tell you that I have 20+ friends that wanna give someone business.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I dont think I have access to that bike, but I can check around. I could look at it anyway for you, but I will not be able to tell as much without a way to really test it on the bike. So it would be a gamble with your shipping costs, but I would be happy to check it out and see if it is fixable. If I find out I know someone with that bike I will let you know as well.

I do hope he has a good explanation for his customers. I dont like seeing someones reputation hurt over stuff like this. I am sure he is just covered up, but I hope he does communicate that soon so things dont get worse.
Old 02-01-2007, 06:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I think I have access to one, I have an old friend that ownes a bike shop down here, he as around 30 bikes at any given time and he rides suzuki's as well. Let me know if you want me to tackle it for ya and see if I can make things right for ya!
Old 02-01-2007, 06:31 AM

Awesome! Just shoot me a PM with an address to ship these gauges to. I will forever be in your debt if they can get fixed. :D
Old 02-01-2007, 06:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Well I cannot promise anything, but will give her He ll!
Old 02-01-2007, 07:15 AM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

hmm... 2006 Suzuki GSXR 600.... i'm gonna make a few phone calls..

but i for one have made sure customers are satisfied.. even if the work becomes a great deal of a loss for me if something breaks or gets damaged... or just blah.. whatever..

i've made my fair share of expenditures for replacing things.

hope you get it all worked out man.
Old 02-01-2007, 02:37 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

thanks man
Old 02-01-2007, 06:02 PM

I want to thank garage and engifineer for all your help and kindness. Around 2am (cst) Whiteblazer01 (Paul) e-mailed me responding to my e-mail about my gauges being broke. He took some time to try to help me diagnose the problem and we both believe its the 32 pins from the LCD screen and the board itself causing the problem. Paul had to desoder all of them to remove the LCD, but forgot to resolder them back on so no contact was being made. Paul offered to take them back to fix this problem and offer free express return shipping for the troubles. I believe in 2nd chances and I hope since I shipped my gauges back to him, he will attempt to redeem himself. I don't want to hurt his business anymore then what this thread has done. He has apologized profusely and has responded to all my recent e-mails.

Anyways, I found a cool website for motorcycle owners called www.bluegauges.com that has some awesome LED mods. I haven't heard of them but the guy sounds really friendly and lots of people love his work. I think he said he does car work too. I'm just throwing this out here.

-woo
Old 02-01-2007, 06:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

I have known Paul for a about a year now. Maybe longer. I was one of his first customers and I know for a fact that he does good work. Every time i get into my car, i look down and my guages work fine.

Just take a look at my pics and you will see his work. Sorry the pic is kinda blurry, i took it on the freeway
Old 02-01-2007, 06:47 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

still doesnt change the fact that he hasnt responded to any of my emails or calls. I sent back my gauges like 3 weeks ago and havent gotten anything. if he emailed the other guy last night then why hasnt he responded to me at all....not cool to ignore a customer for so long. im sorry but he deserves this publicity because this obv isnt the first time hes done this. people deserve to know

Quick Reply: BUYER BEWARE!!! LEDMODS.net SHADY BUSINESS