Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

BUYER BEWARE!!! LEDMODS.net SHADY BUSINESS

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 08:35 PM
PGT

Originally Posted by WhiteBlazer01
Hi Everyone,

I think I should make a formal and public apology to all that did business with me in the last month. First off, I would like to say that I don't have any good excuse as to why I took so long on your gauges. I had been going through a difficult time in my life, and I am have had a hell of a time playing catchup. I have been on this forum for a long time, and have helped out a lot of people, as well as provided a lot of support to many people. I have contributed a lot to the scionlife community, and plan on continuing to do so. There are many, many people I have done gauge conversions for, as well as other modifications, most all of them have been very satisfied, but there are a few who I have wronged, and I apologize. I have gone out of my way to help a lot of people in this forum and others, and it seems once you wrong someone, you are hated by all. I really think it is a shame that human nature is this way, because I truly am an honest guy - many of you know me personally, and have sat and hung out with me. I am not a thief or a cheat, and I have slipped up. I am only human. Please know that I am not making excuses, but I am merely trying to explain myself.

I ask everyone to look at the big picture of myself in general, and not at my last actions. If everyone was judged this way, it would be inevitable that all would be hated. If this is the way life is - work hard and help others all your life, and mess up in the end to only be hated, the what kind of life is this?

Again, I'm sorry I had your gauges for so long. Trung, Jeremy, Dave, yes, we all provide the same service, and are competition, but I'm glad to see that you can reach out when someone is in need.

Thanks again, and I look forward to contribute again to the community.

-Paul
interesting post since I first contacted you AFTER you submitted this horses***! You've not changed a damn thing. Pick up the phone and call me! You just called me last night...you should have the number.
Old 04-13-2007, 05:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Paul,

You sent me pms concerned that I was badmouthing you, and I answered your pm in a nice and professional manner (which, by my outbox, has not been read). I even went to the point of posting an entire thread about things I have said and basically giving you the benefit of the doubt regarding all of this stuff. But, I can see that since then you have done nothing but more of the same. Due to me being honest, and in this business myself some of the time, I have to say all I can do is warn people about your work from here on out if they ask. I am tired of hearing these things and then hearing some story about "hard times". I too have hard times, I also have a full time career in project management that works me around 50 hours or more per week along with some travel. On top of that, I have a family to take care of. Yet, I have never missed a deadline on led mods. If I say one day turnaround, that is what the customer gets. And if for some reason I think there may be a delay, I simply shoot the customer a quick email, call or pm. I have had a few of people who had minor issues with thier items after the fact (it can happen to anyone, bad parts, etc). They received anywhere between 50% - 100% of thier money back, paid overnight shipping back to me, thier parts were corrected that day and overnighted back to them. So even if you have issues, you can take care of them. Customers understand that, they dont understand being left in the dark and without thier cars for long periods of time with no reply from you. It is bad when people trust you, pay more than most others charge for this work and then get left for weeks or months without thier parts.

Like I have said before, I know nothing about you personally, but your business practices are leaving more and more people in very tight situations. I say if you cant do any better than this, you should get out of the business 100%.

To anyone with these issues, all I can suggest is to follow legal ways of getting to him. Also, you can post your stories on yoursciontc.com and scikotics.com as well, since he seems to attempt to get business in those forums as well. Maybe he will eventually get the idea.
Old 04-13-2007, 05:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

And just so you know, I posted this link over on ystc as well, so no one there falls into this bs.
Old 04-15-2007, 12:49 AM

too late i fell for it i should of looked at this first............
its only been 3 weeks... but one day turnaround my a#$
paul STRIKES AGAIN
Old 04-15-2007, 12:59 AM
PGT

I'm new here, but a mod on a Subaru board. Perhaps Paul's site sponsorship should be revoked? we'd do that elsewhere with this amount of horses***
Old 04-15-2007, 06:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you guys are mad? He has had my third brake light for almost 7 months now. I also have a half done radio and a led go out on my HVAC. I even made a post like this a while back about it and still dont have my ish. =/
Old 04-15-2007, 06:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

i could of helped u out with the third brake light ;)

Old 04-15-2007, 07:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if i waited a month or 2 and saw everyones complaints i wouldve went elsewhere..o wells..washmg my car and drivin thru rain sucks tho with that empty part haha
Old 04-15-2007, 07:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

wow...just read all of this...what a bunch of ****...feel for you guys....if he has a proven track record for bad business...think he would no longer be permitted on this site as a member or more importantly as a sponsor....sponsership kinda implies that scionlife trusts him and they vouch for him

Oh, and to Paul, white-blazer or whatever I read your comments and you are in the wrong a quick email does wonders...reminds me of a joke I heard once.....

a guy might build houses for 30 years and do a great job doing it...but he gets caught screwing one sheep and the rest of his days he will forever be refered to as a sheep F**ker

side note--- what is real ironic, while I'm typing this, I have a banner flash for ledmods.net....isn't that weird?!
Old 04-15-2007, 12:29 PM
PGT

7 months and you live in Pomona? Why haven't you gone and knocked on Paul's door? I got my item back Friday - I couldn't have done it without sending someone local by his house....that's clear. Trouble is, the hack did yellow LED's instead of the orange I requested. Four weeks and he does it wrong. Not to mention, he broke a circuit trace and soldered in a wire jumper as a fix. H A C K ! ! ! !
Old 04-15-2007, 02:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

To the person with the led that went out, that can happen, especially with as many leds as those of us doing it go through. However, it could have quickly been handled with paid return shipping and a fix on his part, which is how it should be handled.

As usual, if anyone is left without parts, stuff that doesnt work, etc, I can do what I can to help get you going again. I can usually find parts for decent prices. Gauges though are a different story. They have to be pre-programmed from toyota.

But if I can do something to help, lemme know.
Old 04-15-2007, 08:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

everytime i call n leave a message he doesnt respond...wenever i go there half the tiems he isnt there and the other half he says he hasnt finishd it..now i really juss dont wanna go there and waste gas not knowin if i can get my ish back
Old 04-16-2007, 08:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well I still have some probs I need him to fix but I am not gonna drive over 1hr for it until I can get more work done. Unfortunately he never seems to actually have the rest of the LEDs in stock so I never get down there so he can fix the LED's he did not do right

Is there anyone else in the L.A. area that does what he does?? I need my LED's changed to Red/White. I have an unfinished project for months!!

Not out to badmouth Paul. He seems really cool in person but so far his email communication and final work is lacking big time.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i say all so cali heads who needa get ish done we all go there at the same time nahh meann
Old 04-17-2007, 07:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow. This is alot of heat put on Paul.

After all this mess with his working life, and facial surgery, and now the rebuking of his work and supposed good name?

I bet he feels even worse now than he ever did.

I wouldn't be suprised if he refunded everyone and said "go play hide and go f*** yourselves."

This may very will be the end of LEDMODS.NET. And all I see is more people hounding him.

I would even bet the thought of suicide crossed his mind once or twice these past few weeks.

So I am going to leave a positive comment for him.

Paul, it may be rough now, but you know your doing your damn hardest. If that is not good enough for some people, then to hell with them. You go ahead and do work at your pace, get some rest, take a break, do something. When your back in your A game, bring out the Paul we all know you are 10 fold dude. Forget comments and opinions. Opinions are like a**holes, everyone has one, and most of them stink.

(Now for the rest of SLifers on here, It was encouraging text for Paul, not to demean or belittle anyone of you.)
Old 04-17-2007, 10:45 AM
PGT

Originally Posted by Sly_dawg19

Paul, it may be rough now, but you know your doing your damn hardest.
if you count watching TV in the middle of a workday as working, then ok. Nobody would give the guy a hard time if he would just communicate - the utter lack of replies to email and the unwillingness to offer a phone number to contact smells like S C A M M E R
Old 04-17-2007, 10:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Sly_dawg19
Wow. This is alot of heat put on Paul.

After all this mess with his working life, and facial surgery, and now the rebuking of his work and supposed good name?

I bet he feels even worse now than he ever did.

I wouldn't be suprised if he refunded everyone and said "go play hide and go f*** yourselves."

This may very will be the end of LEDMODS.NET. And all I see is more people hounding him.

I would even bet the thought of suicide crossed his mind once or twice these past few weeks.

So I am going to leave a positive comment for him.

Paul, it may be rough now, but you know your doing your damn hardest. If that is not good enough for some people, then to hell with them. You go ahead and do work at your pace, get some rest, take a break, do something. When your back in your A game, bring out the Paul we all know you are 10 fold dude. Forget comments and opinions. Opinions are like a**holes, everyone has one, and most of them stink.

(Now for the rest of SLifers on here, It was encouraging text for Paul, not to demean or belittle anyone of you.)
Though you were just trying to be "comforting" to a friend, you need to understand that Paul isnt "doing his damn hardest" to get his work in or to refund ppls $$. Most people on here would LOVE for him to send back their stuff and their $$ and play "hide and go ****yourselves" any day....as long as they get REFUNDED (hasnt happened..) Wether this is the end of LEDMods.net, doesnt really bother most people since most people wouldnt want to have to deal with this EVER again, and would rather deal with someone who will get the work done, be honest, and stand by their word..not make posts and give ppl the runaround.

Sly_dawg19: I dont mean to step on your toes, or bad mouth your friend. But after reading through this lonnng post, and sooooo many pages of people who are going through so much stress because of this....I cant see how could still think this is fair. Whether he had surgery a month ago or a week ago--- he is an adult.... you take care of your biz before you go in---if you cant finish the work or wont have time--- refund the money dont be greedy--its not fair....
Old 04-17-2007, 12:06 PM
PGT

not to mention this thread was started before he had surgery, so that can't be used as an excuse for poor business practices.
Old 04-17-2007, 05:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have tried to write a reply 3 times and canceled it. this is a hard subject as I do not make habit of talking badly about a person and do not promote it. Unfortunately LEDMODS.NET is Paul and so he is the only one representing himself.

I think people can be harsh but from what I am reading it's a bizarre tale of events that point to Paul not doing his job. The work he did for me was 95% great. The 5% that was not working right has taken WAY too long to have a solution and there is no excuse for bad business. This 5% little problem has become bigger from his lack of responsibility in answering emails/phone calls and such. It just adds to the mess.

The issue is the way the business is run is just plain bad. I own my own business and after time I needed to close shop, sell the business or re-invent it. I had to change the way I did things. Adjust to the market and flow of clients so I could stay in business.

Maybe hire an assistant and a secretary. If Paul has the $$ to place adds I am sure Paul has a profit, therefore Paul can make some changes to his business plan and get the ball rolling again before it's too late.

I myself would like to see this happen, and it takes so much energy to find reliable Auto/Aftermarket stuff these days. I would like to rely on a few good services. I am sure most agree on this.

So Paul I have nothing against you at all. But it's pretty clear the problems that are in your life are interfering with the business from this thread. I mean we are just scion owners. I can imagine all the other people out there having probs also since LEDMODS is not Scion specific. I myself have to look into other places to finish the LED's / interior of my car cause I can't wait so long to hear from you and when I do not get any real answers I want.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I was just posting something positive for Paul. In all reality, I never have done business nor have I ever met the guy.

As we can see, flaming him for 9 pages brought little solution to this problem, so I wanted to try some positive reinforcement. A mental institution wouldn't yell at a patient and flame him up one wall and down the other, and then expect him to be 100%. Not saying Paul is mental :p

If he owes someone money, he needs to pay up, in a timely manner. If he does not do this, then get a lawyer. People sometimes think "Meh, I don't need a lawyer for 35 bucks.." but if 100 people think that, he just make 3500 dollars.

Quick Reply: BUYER BEWARE!!! LEDMODS.net SHADY BUSINESS