Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

Buyers Beware - tCtunerZ - Lawsuit & General Info

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2005, 07:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Dynasty
SL Member

I know I will probably get a lot of heat for this but PLEASE read the WHOLE thing. Thank you. Oh and for anyone out there in doubt I am in no possible way affiliated, related, working for, or paid by the following person or his company.

Quick,

I don't know you, I didn't do business with you, this being said take into consideration that I am a neutral party in this discussion.

I applaud your efforts in giving people discounts on their next purchases or giving them free kits. It does take a leap of faith to do such a task. That being said it is really hard to disregard multiple posts on here from users saying that you still have yet to contact them back or refund them. Yes you did say that you did but why would they lie about you not contacting them? It also does not help that you can not confirm or deny any affiliation with this duwayne (excuse the spelling if it is wrong) in my opinion and I am sure the opinion of others useually a statement like that really means that you are affiliated. I mean if you weren't you could just out and say you are not, however, if you are and you don't want people to know that you would make the statement you made.

I am curious as to why you can not confirm or deny it. That type of thing does not reflect well on any type of business because it gives people the impression that you have something to hide.

As for all the scion owners credit card companies can freeze your account for recieving or sending funds for ANY reason. I worked at a bank for a while as a teller and if we got the slightest inclination of "foul" play real or not we were permitted to freeze the accounts or even shut them down by the BANK. I would imagine that this has happened to Mr. Quick. So the whole freezing of his account could have actually been justified and he is frauding people or it could have just been a false alarm. I have read this from page to page, post to post, and that is my opinion when it comes to this topic take it anyway you want it but don't jump on a bandwagon just research it and make your own impressions. There is much more I could say but I figure I will spare your eyes more reading. I am up for debating through PM's if you desire to talk about this more.

Respectfully,

Jared R. Nice
Old 05-09-2005, 07:24 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

FeeLTHeBuRN, what you say about freezing accounts is, of course, true (my mum spent 37 years at a bank, many as a comptroller).

Thing is, one thing that can easily cause card processing companies to lock down received funds is a sudden influx of chargebacks or complaints.

On thing that can rapidly generate chargebacks and complaints is poor communication with the customers.

If there are shipping delays, the first thing one does is tell the customers there are delays.

If at all possible, offer them a timeframe for resolution and the choice of waiting or getting their money back. If funds are frozen, and returning the money is a problem, communicate that (and the reason) and try to work the problem out with ALL involved parties.

Failing to promptly communicate with suppliers and customers often makes small difficulties grow into large problems. Everything starts feeding on itself.

If there is a large mass of customers, a 'mass' mailing might be appropriate - possibly accompanied by a notice on the website.

Not answering phones or e-mails only worries customers and suppliers more, and that is never a good thing for a small business (and yes, I've been a principal in a small business - CTO).
Old 05-09-2005, 02:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
StyleWagons
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I have a few questions any REPUTABLE businessman could answer.
            Old 05-09-2005, 02:53 PM
            10 Year Member
            5 Year Member
            Scion Dynasty
            SL Member

Thomas.

I absolutely agree comunication is essential for any business to prosper and become HUGE. Communicating even to make sure that the customer recieved the product and that it all fit perfectly. That being said quick did mention that the site change, as you can see I am sure, and if his accounts were frozen then EVERYONE who put orders in to him around or during that time would be calling him or contacting him to get their money back or find out what has been happening. From the understanding that I am under he is a business on the uprise and might not be staffed with good people or many people for that matter to handle that specific amount of volume in calls, e-mails, etc. But yes he could have set out a mass e-mail. But if I read correctly he also said that their internet was down because of the remodeling of the website. Just another one of my $.02
            Old 05-09-2005, 07:37 PM
            10 Year Member
            5 Year Member
            SL Member

Originally Posted by tCtunerZ
            Originally Posted by ikonXone
            this is like 2 years ago all over again. this credit card hold is the same excuse he used before. he said he doesn't admit guilt, but he is going to give someone a kaminari kit for free. it is funny how a mod is the only that has gotten his products and he ordered after everyone else.
            You know buddy I’ve tried being professional on here and your little comments are getting old. You got a problem with me I’m here; you know where to find me. This little kids bickering online is old. I’m running a business here which is something I think you should try. Not as easy as being an internet troll.. You’re a supermod… ACT LIKE ONE!

Thank you,
            Quick
            don't worry, i will only continue to speak the truth. both you and i along with others know what has happened. i can careless if people order from you, but the warning about what you done in the past and present is valid.
            Old 05-09-2005, 09:53 PM
            Banned
            SL Member
            Team N.V.S.
            Scinergy
            Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Scott17
            I have a few questions any REPUTABLE businessman could answer.
                      Scott,

You forgot the Protege forums also.
                      Old 05-09-2005, 10:05 PM
                      Banned
                      SL Member
                      Team N.V.S.
                      Scinergy
                      Scion Evolution

I look at it this way.

If Quick, Duwayne, or whatever his true given name is, wants to make things "right" w/ everyone. He will pay back Chris (abbfanuc)in full plus interest, and refund those monies to the customers who have not received their items from tCtunerz within a month of their order.

If you check his profile and check his postings, you'll see he is just as sporatic posting here as he is keeping in contact with his customers.

He already has a proven track record that he cannot deliver the products he sells on his website.

How long has Paul (Kaeon) been waiting for his body kit?

And now all of a sudden, he wants to give out free body kits? That would signal to me that either the kits are poor copies, he has come into big money w/ another one of his scams, or this is just another one of his scams.

When those who are owed their monies get their monies back, then I will edit this post.

And yes Quick/Duwayne, I was never one of your customers. Not on Matrixowners.com, and not on here. And nor will I ever.

I saw how you conducted "business" in the past, and see that nothing has changed since Matrixowners.
                      Old 05-09-2005, 10:06 PM
                      Banned
                      SL Member
                      Team N.V.S.
                      Scinergy
                      Scion Evolution

Oh yeah, I missed Quick at Expression up here in Alameda, too bad, I wanted to speak to you in person.
                      Old 05-09-2005, 10:07 PM
                      10 Year Member
                      5 Year Member
                      SL Member
                      DelMarVa

i am not sure why you all are still arguing with this guy go get a judgement against him go to mva have his license suspended until he pays the fine you don't even need a lawyer for this come on damn i've been reading this post just getting old and old apparantly if he is still operating and going from thread to thread and noone has stopped him its all just talk
                      Old 05-09-2005, 11:20 PM
                      10 Year Member
                      5 Year Member
                      SL Member

Originally Posted by SleeperXB
                      i am not sure why you all are still arguing with this guy go get a judgement against him go to mva have his license suspended until he pays the fine you don't even need a lawyer for this come on damn i've been reading this post just getting old and old apparantly if he is still operating and going from thread to thread and noone has stopped him its all just talk
                      the sad thing is that he knows most people will just post up threats and not do anything.
                      Old 05-10-2005, 02:33 AM
                      10 Year Member
                      5 Year Member
                      SL Member

hey guys well..its been 2 weeks since i got that email and they sent me another email saying that the server they use to process the credit cards is down because there has been so many online credit card process's and on may 9 every thing will be taken care of..but they said my stuff was shipped so we will see what happens soon.....
                      Old 05-10-2005, 03:24 AM
                      5 Year Member
                      SL Member

Originally Posted by tCtunerZ
                      Not ignoring you by any means, your one of the customers we submitted refunds to that didn’t get processed by card service international. We’ve also received the chargeback papers on Friday for your order. Where we stand, you have the funds back from your credit card which they will take from the funds they are holding of ours. If you’d like I can give a call tonight or tomorrow, what does that solve? Were the bad guys in your book for a problem we have no control of? Funny thing is the company we were purchasing the product from for you ran into the same problems, but everyone says were the bad guy and its all lies on our part.

We apologize for your situation however as it stands, you have your funds back on the matter. In the end the money refund comes from us not your credit card company.

Thank you,
                      Quick

Sure SURE SURE.....more words, no action.

To everyone, I finally got a confirmation letter from my CC stating that my funds have been refunded. $3550. I bet that is one of the reason why quick's merchant account was suspended.

To DUWAYne. You never responded to my posts until money was taken back from your merchant account, as you stated that you received the chargeback this past friday. So, if you had never received that chargeback notice, you problably would have not responded to my post or considered refunding my money. Or was it because I stated that I was going to post my credit card statement on here for others to see that this was no joke? SO, the only thing that makes you talk is money.....or lack of, as shown from your instant post after the chargeback was sent to you. I am sorry to hear that your merchant company put you on hold. I just have to say that it was a chain reaction. If you had refunded me, or responded to me when I had asked you, it might have not triggerred the hold on your merchant account.

As for the company that the product was to be shipped, they tried calling YOU because they did not have my order on file from TCTUNERZ, nor a payment from TCTUNERZ. They still don't have any order from TCTUNERZ. And you never responded to them either, as they told me. So, your statement about the product company above is not a correct statement from you.

As for the funds returning to me, how can you say that the funds will come from you in the end? The way I see it, it was MY money to start with.

So, in the end, you NEVER even responded to my emails, phone calls, nor your online web page etickets to let me know the status of the order, possible problems, delays, or to even refund my money. That shows NO customer service, nor RESPECT for the customer. It was NOT YOU who took care of the problem. It was me and my credit card. It was a waste of my time to order on TCTUNERZ.

Good riddance.
                      Old 05-10-2005, 04:33 AM
                      5 Year Member
                      SL Member

TO EVERYONE: READ in DECIDE for yourself:

My EXPERIENCE with TCTUNERZ: Overly NEGATIVE

Includes- in chronological order:

1) A email stating that the order was shipped 2-4days after it was place. It was never shipped because there was no product to be shipped yet, in retrospect.

2) I called TCTUNERZ questioning the email about 5-7 days later. QUICK actually answered, which would be the last time I got a real person answering the phone. He states that TCTUNERZ actually MAKES the TURBO!!! He said that the Scionspeed built the turbo kit, and sent it to TCTUNERZ to mass produce because TCTUNERZ is a fabricating company that fabricates the turbo kit after the design. He stated that TCTUNERZ was waiting for some part from CHINA, and it would be about 2-3days before it would arrive. Once it arrived, my kit would be shipped within 1 week. In retrospect, TCTUNERZ does NOT mass produce the turbo kit. THAT was false information given.

3) I called 1 week later, but no one picked up. Left many messages. I also emailed many times. I also sent etickets on TCTUNERZ website. NO ANSWER or response.

4) I was worried, so I called SCIONSPEED. SCIONSPEED told me that they have not received an order for a turbo kit from TCTUNERZ for me. I told my conversation with TCTUNERZ to SCIONSPEED. SCIONSPEED was surprised. SCIONSPEED did not know why QUICK would say something like that. SCIONSPEED had not received an order nor payment, so they would call TCTUNERZ. After many tries, and a couple of weeks, SCIONSPEED never got a response from TCTUNERZ. This was getting ridiculous. I was getting more worried.

5) I called and left messages many times on TCTUNERZ phone, emailed, eticketed some more. NEVER got a response...only some automated response saying "your eticket has been resolved".

6) WAS WAY WORRIED. So, I called my CC company after 1 month. Told them my situation. They said they will take care of it, and will notify me with a letter.

7) Started posting on scionlife and clubsciontc to get some response from TCTUNERZ. I did get an initial PM from TCTUNERZ for me to PM back for the famous quote "tell me when it will be a good time to talk". I did PM back but never got a response.

8 ) QUIck ignores all my post. So I filed with BBB. QUICK has not responded to the BBB.

9) Finally, Quick responds to a post (previous few post above), but only after he had received a notice that there was a chargeback of $3550 for my order. So he finally responds because it deals with money, a large sum of money. So, he posts the reply so that he does not have to "refund" my money via postal money order, and to clear himself of my transaction and problem between me and him.

10) In summary, QUICK had told me false information to me from the beginning about their company, took my money and didn't send me a product, and did not respond to my communication, nor refund my money after the requests. I had to get my money back via my CC company. So, there was NO customer care or respect by TCTUNERZ.

I have told my experience. YOU decide for yourself if you want to do business with TCTUNERZ.
                      Old 05-10-2005, 05:25 PM
                      10 Year Member
                      5 Year Member
                      SL Member

Heres my story:
                      all this happened last week Friday
                      I received a call from tctunerz and discuss about my product... they say they will ship it yesterday morning (monday) but i have to cancel the file dispute. they day i tried to cancel the dispute, the case was closed and i recieved my money back (175 instead of 200)...

after case was closed there no way to cancel the dispute...

so i got most of my money back and off tctunerz case....

now im about to buy DC sports headers from someone else in this forum...
                      Old 05-10-2005, 05:32 PM
                      10 Year Member
                      5 Year Member
                      SL Member

see i got an email saying there sorry for the waiting but it will be shipped that was 2 weeks ago and i got another email the other day saying that the server they use to process on line orders with credit cards is down and it will be up and running and everything will be shipped on may 9 to every customer...?????.....so i dont know what to do know should i wait or what you know..???!!!
                      Old 05-10-2005, 05:35 PM
                      10 Year Member
                      5 Year Member
                      SL Member

hey guys wuts up this is the email tctunerz sent me after they said that my order has been shipped.....

In regards to your order, we have run into a delay with our merchant account (credit card processor) with our high volume of sales and they have had our account on hold. Your card was processed however the funds are in their holding account until we finish verifying customers order details. We apologize for the delay however at this time it is beyond our control. Our lawyers are aware of the situation and we are working diligently to resolve this matter.

Currently we have removed the link to the store from our main site however you can still access the store via;

http://www.tctunerz.com/store

Our apologies in the delayed response to email however with the rapid growth of the site and amount of traffic we receive many of our backend server applications have been delayed. With the re-organization of the new site, phone system and online store our goal is to have all functions runny properly by May 9, 2005 so we can assist customers fully and professionally from that date forward.

Once our new web site completed, you will receive an email with status on your order and our resolution with our merchant account.

This e-mail transmission contains information intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above. Further, it contains information that may be privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message (including any attachments) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and then delete this message from your mail system. Thank you for your compliance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Old 05-10-2005, 05:49 PM
                      10 Year Member
                      5 Year Member

SL Member
                      Team ScioNRG

Store dosent work...
                      Old 05-10-2005, 05:52 PM
                      10 Year Member
                      5 Year Member
                      SL Member

Anouther thing that I noticed is that this person keeps posting messages ..

WHY NOT BAN HIM FROM SCIONLIFE ?
                      Old 05-10-2005, 06:03 PM
                      10 Year Member
                      5 Year Member
                      Scikotics
                      SL Member

Because he hasn't called anybody a retard or *****.
                      Old 05-10-2005, 06:50 PM
                      10 Year Member
                      5 Year Member
                      SL Member

Originally Posted by insanetc
                      see i got an email saying there sorry for the waiting but it will be shipped that was 2 weeks ago and i got another email the other day saying that the server they use to process on line orders with credit cards is down and it will be up and running and everything will be shipped on may 9 to every customer...?????.....so i dont know what to do know should i wait or what you know..???!!!
                      I have heard from others that tCtunerz has used this excuse that their server is down many times before. It's like the boy who cried wolf, they've used this excuse so many times, that you don't actually know when to believe them.

Quick Reply: Buyers Beware - tCtunerZ - Lawsuit & General Info