Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

Buyers Beware - tCtunerZ - Lawsuit & General Info

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 07:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Azure Pearl tc
Originally Posted by ZPIracing
I am not sure what the deal is with TcTunerz. I would have to say that I have had some good dealings with Quick. I agree that communication is key regardless of the situation.

I am in no way defending Tc or Quick as I am in no way associated with them and do not agree with them avoiding calls or whatever. I am going to say that we all need to be patient as this market develops as TC parts are becoming very scarce and seem to be out of stock everywhere. I don't want to see any shop get a bad name due to them not being able to get parts that are on back order.

Again I wanted to say my piece but again their is some behavior described above that has to do with a lot more than back ordered parts.

Thanks and sorry for my rant...............................

Kenny
Kenny,

I ordered a Scionspeed turbo stage II for $3550 and paid for it with my credit card, which the bill has already came. I have not received the turbo kit, & tctunerz has not sent the payment to the builder of the turbo, or refunded me. I did get to talk to Quick, the CEO, via phone a few days after I placed the order and he assurred me the turbo was to be shipped within 1-2weeks from 2/28/05. He told me that tctunerz was the company who makes the turbo kit stage II,& he was waiting for a few parts to arrive before he can ship it. However, I found out after contacting the creator/builder of the turbo kit that tctunerz were not the ones who make the turbo kit; therefore, tctunerz.com was telling me incorrect information. After 1.5 weeks from the ordered date, I tried contacting tctunerz many times via phone and leaving messages but nobody calls me back. I left many direct emails and through their own website "contact us" tickets & they have not responded. I placed the order since 2/28/05, and still have no resolution, since I cannot even contact them, & they are not responding to my efforts. So, I contacted the builder of the scionspeed turbo stage II kit whom tctunerz.com was suppose to pay the builder what I had paid through the tctunerz.com website. The builder stated that they have not received any payment for my order, & have not even received my order! The builder tried calling many times to tctunerz, but they didn't respond to the builder either!

As you can see, it is not necessarily a matter of back ordered parts, but business practices out of this world, including telling me incorrect information, not paying or responding to the actual supplier, and not responding or refunding my money at my request after 1.5months. If I had ordered a turbo from ZPI through tctunerz, would you appreciate this kind of business practice, as it not only upsets ZPI, but also upsets ZPI's potential custumer.

No I understand and unfourtantly we get put in this same situation more times than we would like count. A reseller who is trying to float the money tells there customer that we are backordered when they haven't even placed an order with us. I was really not trying to get involved as we are fairly new to the internet forums and are trying to stay neutral. I was just wanting to make sure that everyone was looking at this from both sides. But obviously this is a multiple occurence and not a one time thing.

The biggest reason that I chimed in is that there is always two sides to every story. If the other said parties do not chime in then they look guilty whether they are or not. I am in no way associated with quick or tc they sell our parts and we drop ship other companies parts for them. I think a lot of time the middle man can end up looking bad because they can not get the parts to there consumer. I am not saying that this is the case in this situation but it is possible especially with a car as hot as the TC with every thing being sold out as soon as it is made.

Again it is late and I am typing to much. I agree with the way you guys are handling it and being patient is always better than getting lawyers involved. If I talk to Quick I will be sure to ask him about this situation and see if I can get you any answers.

Sorry for the long post.............Thanks for the continual support of ZPI and I hope that we continue to exceed your expectations.

Kenny Strickler
V.P. Vehicle Operations
Zero Point Industries, LLC
Old 04-22-2005, 07:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by draven301
IT'S A BAD BUSINESS. Do yourself a favor, and check out these other sites for your parts beforehand:

http://www.rollincarcustoms.com/
http://www.racingsolution.com/
http://www.creativecompacts.com/
http://www.mcgeorgeparts.com/
http://www.scionspeed.com/

Spread the word - mention this thread in your sig and warn people because it's not a matter of opinion. It's a fact - it's a bad business. I don't want to see any more people conned out of a single dime. You don't want to chance being the next ____ed off customer, do you?
I had a good expierence w/ creative compacts. I will probably do more business with them later on!

OK now it's my turn to speak....
yes i myself was screwed my tctunerz..
quick also said he "refunded the wrong person"
but, i was eventually refunded back my $294.00 onto my credit card

draven dawg, im sorry about what has happend to you, and the person
who ordered the turbo.

i have filed w/ the BBB.

i have nothing more to say....
Old 04-22-2005, 04:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa

Just to chime in.. tctunerz has lost any of my potential business. Thanks for making this thread and all your signatures it helps a good consumer make the right choice.
Old 04-22-2005, 10:53 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Strictly Scionized
SL Member

Old 04-23-2005, 12:49 AM
Banned
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by RacingSolution
Racing Solutions is a GOOD company to deal with. Brian is a stand up guy and stays in contact w/ his customers.
Old 04-23-2005, 01:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by squirrel
Racing Solutions is a GOOD company to deal with. Brian is a stand up guy and stays in contact w/ his customers.
I hate to say it but...
I Told Ya So!!
Warnings were sent out by lots of people over a year ago (based on facts), nobody listened. He stole tons of $ from the members of C3 Racing and has done the same on honda, subaru, even tried a kia forum.

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...=237377#237377 sums it up.
Old 04-23-2005, 05:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by RacingSolution
What's he tapping his fingers for? He's on the good list.
Old 04-23-2005, 05:43 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Strictly Scionized
SL Member

Had to put something in here so I could monitor the thread.
Old 04-23-2005, 05:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^same here
Old 04-23-2005, 06:17 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

still have not heard from quick or tctunerz, and have not received my refund from them.
Old 04-23-2005, 06:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Me neither.
Old 04-23-2005, 08:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well I wanted to chime in for several reasons... First thanks for all the nice comments about my company, CreativeCompacts.Com. We have over 25k worth of inventory instock now to help move product a tad faster for our customers.

In regards to quick, tctunerz, or whatever you all know him as.... When my company looked to get into the Scion tC, we looked up to that site as a site to compete with. From my days with dealing with competition with the cougars, I learned it was better not to compete and instead form a partnership with them (as well as racing solution). So for the past 4 months or so, we have been TcTunerz (and Racing Solution)'s distributor for several brands (WR, Hotchkis, Tein, DC Sports, BM, etc) and until March 1st, we were getting orders on a daily basis. I have never had any issues getting the money from Quick. However if I don't get the order, I have no information on who ordered what and where it is to go. So if you have an order with him, DO NOT Contact me about it. I am simply a distributor for them. If you want customer service that you are not getting from other named companies, feel free to contact my retail division during business hours. I think Quick could be and is a stand up guy, just has too much on his plate and will not admit he cannot do it alone.

Thanks
James
Old 04-23-2005, 09:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

CreativeCompacts, I'm not bashing you or your comanpany but if you deal with this guy please pass the message on that Draven's situation has happened too many times to too many people. If he, Quick/Duane, is in over his head with parts, cash management (or lack there of), shipping or whatever he needs to handle it and get some help. I have no idea on what this company is doing with the money they are recieving but from all outward appearances, it seems that they are screwing the customer. That is a good way to ensure that you don't stay in business. All that matters to the customer is that they get their product in a timely matter and that it works. If the customer isn't able to get their desired product then communication is 9 trillion times more important. It seems that the customer service department, management, or both are either ignorant or indifferent about their customers after they receive the cash/check.
Old 04-23-2005, 10:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member
Scion Evolution

the post has been very enlightening. I too saw the warnings about tunerz when I first joined, and now I have to say that their fate is sealed with me. And it is too bad, as Tuners seems to be a top supplier. In business sometimes good folks get in over their head, and the business goes bad. Quick may be a great guy, but this is business.

And one of the first rules of business "adapt or die"
Old 04-23-2005, 02:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i have gotten about 4 pm's in the last couple days about creative compact. DO NOT confuse them with tc tunerz. they are on the up and up when it comes to parts and ordering.
Old 04-23-2005, 03:35 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by BlackBolt
Before you start a business you should know how to run it!
believe me, Duwayne knows exactly how to run a business.. to his advantage.

when Duwayne scammed the corolla community, people became wary, so he turned around and offered FREE SHIPPING and "your order will ship in XXdays or it's free" to get the suckers like you tC people to come back and order. then for a while he offered free lip kits etc etc etc, the list went on. once he'd destroyed any chance of making it in the corolla community, he moved on to other groups.

i don't understand why scionlife.com would allow someone who has done nothing for the tuner community but steal, lie and cheat, become any type of site sponsor. the $$ isn't worth it.

SHAME ON YOU, SCIONLIFE
Old 04-23-2005, 04:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have to say, I was wondering why scionlife would allow them on here too.
Old 04-23-2005, 04:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Old 04-23-2005, 04:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ohh... CREATIVECOMPACTS.COM is not TCTUNERZ.COM.... We are simply a distributor for them. We stock our products at our location and tctunerz has a wholesale acct with us. When he pays us for a product and supplys us with an address, we ship the items out. I was simply making a post to let people know that in my BUSINESS dealings with quick, there has been little to no issues. My Company, CreativeCompacts.Com is a competitor of TcTunerz is some regards and we are pushing to be the best source for tC owners. We have a lot of hurdles to cross before that point is reached, but sooner or later, owners will realize we are a full fledged business unlike the rest of our competition at this current time. We stock, We Wholesale, We manufacturer, We do installs, we run a business. We do not do this on the side and work another 9-5 job. We are also backed by Scion Corp and work hand in hand with them on developing new products. At this time none of our other 3 competitors do this.
Old 04-23-2005, 05:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa

holy crappiola thats all i gotta say i've been reading this post first time i've seen this post just speechless

Quick Reply: Buyers Beware - tCtunerZ - Lawsuit & General Info