Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

Buyers Beware - tCtunerZ - Lawsuit & General Info

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2005, 05:30 PM
5 Year Member

Well, people have posted on these boards warning you all of Duwayne. Ive been around the corolla boards almost as long as Ikonxone, so I know the entire history here.

Hes been poppin up on all kinds of car boards, scamming people for a while now.

He started scamming the C3 community in early 2001. Its been over FOUR years for some people, still waiting, and finally giving up hope because its been so long.

At one point, Duwayne even told everyone that his company was bought out by a family, and pretended to be that family, which never existed.

From all that Ive been reading over the years......I guesstimate that the amount that Duwayne has brought in for products not sent out is in the 50-75k range. May be a little bit high, may be low. No one really knows except him I guess.

The BBB has no enforcement powers, and another bad report to them doesnt mean anything to him.

Duwayne had a kid....youd think he would change his ways.
Old 04-23-2005, 05:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CreativeCompacts
Ohh... CREATIVECOMPACTS.COM is not TCTUNERZ.COM.... We are simply a distributor for them. We stock our products at our location and tctunerz has a wholesale acct with us. When he pays us for a product and supplys us with an address, we ship the items out. I was simply making a post to let people know that in my BUSINESS dealings with quick, there has been little to no issues. My Company, CreativeCompacts.Com is a competitor of TcTunerz is some regards and we are pushing to be the best source for tC owners. We have a lot of hurdles to cross before that point is reached, but sooner or later, owners will realize we are a full fledged business unlike the rest of our competition at this current time. We stock, We Wholesale, We manufacturer, We do installs, we run a business. We do not do this on the side and work another 9-5 job. We are also backed by Scion Corp and work hand in hand with them on developing new products. At this time none of our other 3 competitors do this.

I agree with Creative that in all of our dealings with Quick has been on the up and up. He gives us his credit card pays for parts and we ship them out.

I hope that the later part of this thread is not toward us. We have a full service shop, wharehouse and seprate fab/manufacturing facility. This may just be me reading into this but I felt a bit insulted when reading this.

-Kenny
Old 04-23-2005, 06:06 PM
Banned
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

And he scanned peeps on matrixowners.com also.
Old 04-23-2005, 06:56 PM
5 Year Member

I dont see why respected shops would associate themselves with a known scammer. How do we even know who anybody is on the internet? Deal like this are entirely based on TRUST. If you have bad associates - it rubs off on your business and once trust is lost it is very hard to regain. Just bad business practice if you ask me.
Old 04-23-2005, 07:08 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well all I have to say after reading all this ____. SOMEONE better start SUING!! Game over for TCtunerz, they've had there chances.

To the Customers that bought with Credit card, call your credit card company up and dispute a claim. GET YOUR MONEY BACK!!! It doesnt matter how much just as long as you can prove that they company you purchase your product from is ripping you off!

I got $550 back from a company I purchase a lip kip for my RSX back in 2003. He shipped it but somehow it never came to my house. I told him to refund but he never did so I took action and got my money back.
Old 04-23-2005, 07:15 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

if buying from online stores always use a trustworthy Credit card., dont pay money order, COD or personal checks. Also if you do use paypal be wary for they are slow on refunding money. I purchase the Lip kit using paypal but they didnt take too much action trying to get my money back. So I called my CC company and they took care of it.
Old 04-23-2005, 07:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by freak_lad
I dont see why respected shops would associate themselves with a known scammer. How do we even know who anybody is on the internet? Deal like this are entirely based on TRUST. If you have bad associates - it rubs off on your business and once trust is lost it is very hard to regain. Just bad business practice if you ask me.
I would have to agree with you aswell. Although I know that both ZPI Racing and Creative Compacts are reputable companies with quality products, by both of you associating with a company (even if you just supply them with your products) known to practice bad business just makes you look bad. I personally wouldnt want my company name to even be mentioned on the tCtunerz website for fears that my business practices would be mistook for those of tCtunerz.
Old 04-23-2005, 07:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by jrv2000
Originally Posted by freak_lad
I would have to agree with you aswell. Although I know that both ZPI Racing and Creative Compacts are reputable companies with quality products, by both of you associating with a company (even if you just supply them with your products) known to practice bad business just makes you look bad. I personally wouldnt want my company name to even be mentioned on the tCtunerz website for fears that my business practices would be mistook for those of tCtunerz.
I don't buy this at all. If I run a company and somone is sending me money to buy, I'm going to take it. It doesn't matter what their reputation is if they are paying you.
Old 04-23-2005, 08:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by FrankenScion
I don't buy this at all. If I run a company and somone is sending me money to buy, I'm going to take it. It doesn't matter what their reputation is if they are paying you.
You gotta think of the long run though in the business world. Sure in the short run your making money, but in the long run (as soon as tCtunerz goes out of business, and ruines your reputation by saying your company will supply its products to you when they arn't getting to the customer), your screwed. Just my thoughts.
Old 04-23-2005, 08:51 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Business Dealings

If you used your credit card, you have the right to refuse payment if services are not rendered. A company has a determined amount of time to deliver the service or parts in this case. If that is not complied with as stated in the credit card users agreement...that being the taker of the monies...than his/her priviledges are revoked by the credit card company, you get the refund and dont pay any penalties. I have seen thousands of dollars returned by the credit card holder WRITING their credit card company and filing a complaint. I guarantee that MC/VISA/DISC/AMEX has the correct information on every company that takes credit card numbers for business.
Try this approach prior to getting a lawyer...or maybe check with the attorney as you do this. Do it know as there are some 90 day clauses on some contracts.....just trying to help a tragic situation. Good Luck.
Old 04-23-2005, 09:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Smart business is not dealing with shady businessmen. Although the suppliers mentioned are reputable, they are likely to be dragged down by the reputaion of tctunerz. Sure, they can make money up front, but many people will see their name associated with them and be scared to even give them a chance.
Old 04-24-2005, 12:54 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by engifineer
Smart business is not dealing with shady businessmen. Although the suppliers mentioned are reputable, they are likely to be dragged down by the reputaion of tctunerz. Sure, they can make money up front, but many people will see their name associated with them and be scared to even give them a chance.
And Duwayne has used so many different business names (at least 6 that I know of), I wouldnt do business with the two above businesses out of fear that they are really Duwayne.
Old 04-24-2005, 01:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by e_andree
And Duwayne has used so many different business names (at least 6 that I know of), I wouldnt do business with the two above businesses out of fear that they are really Duwayne.
That's ignorant.
Old 04-24-2005, 01:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by FrankenScion
Originally Posted by e_andree
That's ignorant.
Actually, the people that didn't listen about Duwayne and his business practices are ignorant.
Old 04-24-2005, 01:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Looks like they're going after xB owners now....

http://www.xbtunerz.com/
Old 04-24-2005, 01:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if tctunerz is just the middleman for these parts... why not just cut out the middleman?
Old 04-24-2005, 04:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I can assure all that we are not duane, quick or the jolly green giant. We our a shop in Louisville, KY you can call us during business hours and someone will always answer the phone. Well almost always sometimes we get a little busy. We wholesale for shops all over the country. We supply the parts that are paid for; if we are out of stock or the item is back ordered we inform our customer. We operate our business the same for retail and wholesale customers. Most of the parts that we supply Tctunerz with our outher manufacturs that we have agreed to sell. It would not be fair to Tein/hks/greddy/ etc...if I am not selling there products like I agreed to do.

I can't not accept a order because I don't like someone or they have a bad reputaion that is not good business. I am not defending Quick in anyway and if he has stuck it to you or owes you money then you should do whatever you can to get that money back. I would tell you the same if anyone owes you money. Our business is all about communication which is why we try to stay on top of all the boards that we advertise on to always be avaiable to answer your questions.

I wish everyone the best in resolving these issues and I hope that you do not associate us with any negative aspect. We are new to the scion community but our not going anywhere and overly impress with the community and the dedication that the owners have to making modifications to there cars.

-kenny
Old 04-24-2005, 05:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

I don't think it's fair to blame ScionLife for this either. Are we supposed to constantly monitor every business that wants to place an ad here? There's a lot of mixed reviews, not everyone has been ripped off by this company. I believe we have been more than diligent in warning people while trying to give people the benefit of the doubt.

It appears to be a pattern, get enough happy customers to get big orders in and then cut and run. In the end it comes down to the same old thing:

Caveat Emptor - Buyer Beware!

BTW, these are my opinions only and not necessarily those of the management.
Old 04-24-2005, 06:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by nycazn79
Looks like they're going after xB owners now....

http://www.xbtunerz.com/
I'll tell you right now, no xB owners on this site are going to fall for their scams.
Old 04-24-2005, 06:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Yes please people do NOT confuse the situation. Creative Compacts is NOT tCtunerz and neither is ZPI Racing. There is no reason that two good businesses' names should be dragged down in corrolation with tCtunerz.

On the same note, ScionLife is NOT to be blamed either. They are gracious enough to allow this post to even exist. I believe that THEY KNOW what Quick Enterprise, Inc. is all about. Note that tCtunerz is not even a sponsor of this site anymore. I also believe that they know that people need to be warned of that business. 3192 views on this thread so far... I'm SO happy people are paying attention to this.

It ____es me off that any of this is even happening. It is so beyond my character to throw down like this. All I wanted to do was build up my first nice $%@*ing car. WTF.

Quick Reply: Buyers Beware - tCtunerZ - Lawsuit & General Info