Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

Buyers Beware - tCtunerZ - Lawsuit & General Info

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 03:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa

You guys are doing a great service to us all, I appreciate that.
Old 04-25-2005, 07:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if someone is in the military, someone can get his personal information looked up to find a physical address. he mainly uses po box's which are hard to track.
Old 04-25-2005, 08:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Scion Evolution

"this is only a joke"
time to call the godfather..

hehe..

man that is just bad ..
Old 04-25-2005, 08:03 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's just sad how people can take a good business, and turn it into crap because of poor service. So how many people here are going to buy parts from TCtunerz now!!
Old 04-25-2005, 11:17 PM
5 Year Member

someone should call law enforcement by now.

OR

go to your bank and have them stop payment on your credit card, or get a credit/check card dispute form, where they can refund your money.

its better to go to your bank because they can do alot for you. ive had this experience before with a company called www.netdropshipper.com.

c3racing - duwyane owes lots of people lots of money, and hes been doing it for years. hopefully people will know they have the 2nd option of the bank!
Old 04-26-2005, 01:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I definately reccommend going to your bank or contacting credit card compaies to dispute the charges- This needs to come to an end but I need some help doing it. If people that have dealt with him can just send me e-mails they have dealing with him I can take them to my legal advisors and try getting something done. Unfortunately me just going and saying that hes a scam wont get anything done unless I have some proof of some sort. If I have a bunch of transmissions printed out of his shady deals I can have some leverage to work with. Please if you have anything send it to-- takedownduwayne@yahoo.com --
Old 04-26-2005, 01:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

And here's another tip - DON'T use a debit card. I might get lucky w/ Wells Fargo but don't take any chances.
Old 04-26-2005, 03:24 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

These situations are more of a scam than a fraud case. I talked to my CC company to ask if I can file a fraud case on any type of governmental agency but they said this situation is not consider fraud, but more of a scam. If you engage in the transaction, ie you agree and engage in the transaction on those websites from duyane, there is no fraud. Fraud is when duyane charges your CC or bank account without your consent. Therefore, taking duyane in court to get your money back, filing with the BBB, or perhaps talk to the local district attorney will be the choices.

I don't know if internet fraud can be filed. So, talking to the FBI fraud department may not be an option. But it can be tried!
Old 04-26-2005, 03:25 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I still have not heard from quick
Old 04-26-2005, 04:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

however it may be worded if you take money from someone and they don't recieve what was promised or get a refund its theft, so lets reword this how about getting him on grand theft or something like that. I'm sure I can come up with a number of charges he could get.
Old 04-26-2005, 06:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Azure Pearl tc
These situations are more of a scam than a fraud case. I talked to my CC company to ask if I can file a fraud case on any type of governmental agency but they said this situation is not consider fraud, but more of a scam. If you engage in the transaction, ie you agree and engage in the transaction on those websites from duyane, there is no fraud. Fraud is when duyane charges your CC or bank account without your consent. Therefore, taking duyane in court to get your money back, filing with the BBB, or perhaps talk to the local district attorney will be the choices.

I don't know if internet fraud can be filed. So, talking to the FBI fraud department may not be an option. But it can be tried!
From dictionary.com....

scam Audio pronunciation of "scam" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (skm) Slang
n.

A fraudulent business scheme; a swindle.

So as you can see, scam is a slang word for fraud, they are one in the same. I say go for it, get the FBI internet crime division involved!!
Old 04-26-2005, 06:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dictionaries rock!!
Old 04-26-2005, 07:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Internet Fraud Complaint center. If you've been scammed by him file a complaint here, the more complaints we have the better chance we have at taking him down.

http://www.ifccfbi.gov/index.asp

How do I file a complaint?
IFCC accepts on-line Internet fraud complaints from either the person who believes they were defrauded or from a third party to the complaint. We can best process your complaint if we receive accurate and complete information from you. Therefore, we request that you provide the following information at this Web site:

Your name, address, and telephone number.
The name, address, telephone number, and Web address, if available, of the individual or organization you believe defrauded you.
Specific details on how, why, and when you believe you were defrauded.
Any other relevant information you believe is necessary to support your complaint.
How are complaints resolved?

We thoroughly review and evaluate each complaint so that we may refer it to the appropriate local, state, or federal agency. Every complaint that is referred goes to one or more law enforcement or regulatory agencies that have jurisdiction over that matter.

Once we refer a complaint to the appropriate agency, it may then be assigned to an investigator. We therefore ask that you provide a phone number in the event an investigator needs to contact you for additional information. IFCC cannot guarantee that your complaint will be investigated.

What happens after you file a complaint?

After you file a complaint at the IFCC Web site, you will receive an e-mail containing a copy of the complaint you filed. You will also receive a complaint number to be used as a reference. If at any time you have further information you wish to report regarding your complaint, use the complaint number in the subject line of your e-mail to ensure it is properly directed to your complaint file.

As Internet fraud complaints are reported on line, IFCC electronically compiles the data. Trained analysts review and research each complaint, disseminating information to the appropriate local, state, or federal law enforcement agencies for criminal, civil or administrative action, as needed.

Retaining evidence related to your complaint

It is important that you keep any evidence you may have related to your complaint. Evidence may include canceled checks; credit card receipts; phone bills; faxes; pamphlets or brochures; mailing envelopes; certified or other mail receipts; a printed copy of a Web site, chat room, or newsgroup text; or similar items. Keep items in a safe location until you are requested to provide them for investigative or prosecutive evidence. If requested to provide evidence, send copies only, not originals.
Old 04-26-2005, 01:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I've been following this thread for a while, but have been staying out of it. I foudn this link on the web today, and was thinking how awesome it would be if we could get duwaynes websites to this guy:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7613910/

Basically, the article talks about a guy that has given up his job, and engages in "vigilante hacking" against websites that promote things like terrorism, online fruad, and other things. I was hoping that there would be some information about how to get in touch with him....He is a graduate of Geo-Wash in DC, so if anyone is an alum from that school, perhaps you have means of looking him up??
Old 04-26-2005, 04:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by toastbox
I've been following this thread for a while, but have been staying out of it. I foudn this link on the web today, and was thinking how awesome it would be if we could get duwaynes websites to this guy:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7613910/

Basically, the article talks about a guy that has given up his job, and engages in "vigilante hacking" against websites that promote things like terrorism, online fruad, and other things. I was hoping that there would be some information about how to get in touch with him....He is a graduate of Geo-Wash in DC, so if anyone is an alum from that school, perhaps you have means of looking him up??
This man seems to be more interested in terrorists than anything else.
Old 04-26-2005, 04:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

True, but, in the first couple of paragraphs, they article says:

It was another small victory for Weisburd, one of a new breed of Internet activists. Part vigilantes, part informants, part nosy neighbors, they search the Web for sites that they say deal in theft, fraud and violence.

Weisburd said he and his supporters are responsible for dismantling at least 650 and as many as 1,000 sites he regards as threatening, especially Islamic radical sites.

I figure it couldn't hurt to talk to him about it We could always claim the funds were going to islamic terrorists, lol!
Old 04-27-2005, 01:20 PM
5 Year Member
Scion Dynasty
SL Member

Default what tunerz?

Job well done by contacting the Better Business Bureau first. In order for you to win the case in the future, you will need to follow all necessary steps from the very bottom. Emails and phone calls are quasi-good but are no match to a certified letter. Some judges do not enjoy dealing with a chain of emails if it makes it to court. Nothing beats a certified letter in court when it comes to initial communication. Do not go to a lawyer just yet unless is for advise and do not say you are dealing with services from a lawyer. If the other part has a smart lawyer he/she will beat your case on technicalities, like not following the proper claim procedures and not giving the opportunity to his client to really solve the discussed issue in good faith. So write them a certified letter as soon as possible. Keep at least 2 copies. And see what happens. After that, inform the BBB about your actions trying to solve the issue. If they do not receive a positive response, at that moment you can feel free to go to a lawyer. But do it quick and with all you got, information, organization and a clear understanding of what you are entitled to will help you and your lawyer a lot. Do not jump any of those steps or your case will just disappear and you may just end up with a partial refund.
Old 04-27-2005, 02:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

not so much going for a court appearance. I'm trying more along the lines of having everyone thats been ripped off by him filing complaints at the IFCC- http://www.ifccfbi.gov/index.asp - the more reports the more likely he is to get investigated and shut down. Hes a scam artist not a business owner that did a few people wrong. There are more people than I can think of who have been scammed by him, go to any car forum- any - and mention his name and see the reaction you get out of it. I wanna see him busted not get a refund (my case happened in 01 so its a bit late for that although it would be nice)
Old 04-27-2005, 02:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I still haven't heard a word from tCtunerz.
Old 04-27-2005, 03:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

TAEK......ok i need help as well if you can talk to quicky or who ever i want my money back or just send me my dc sport carbon steel strut bar...they all ready took my money and i ordered it on march 26...well i stil dont have it and im ____ed becaus ethis happened with my tein stech springs but a month later i got them...i have tried contacting tctunerz but no one answers just like everyone else is saying i have wrote tons of emails with that stupid ticket crap...so i advise you talk to who ever you can and get me my product or my money or my dad which is a lawyer will get involved as well so please do what you can do fast!!!!!

Quick Reply: Buyers Beware - tCtunerZ - Lawsuit & General Info