Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

Buyers Beware - tCtunerZ - Lawsuit & General Info

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 08:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

fraudulent. nothings changed since his old parts peddling days. Ban them as a sponsor. BAN BAN BAN. other sites have in the past, Im surprised SL.com has taken so long to realize it.
Old 04-27-2005, 08:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yo check this out i heard them tctuner cats comin down to florida for the scion tour rally! lets get them! LOLOL

oops that was on the 25th of march...lol

damn my bad, i shouldnt be talkin.... i am a victim to tctunerz "scam" too.....
Old 04-27-2005, 08:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

From what I have read, he is no longer a site sponsor.
Old 04-27-2005, 08:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

but you guys cant really say that tctuners is completely a "scam" or "fraud". there website still exist and there phone line exist....

there are some people who recieve there products within a month by tctunerz... ofcourse now i see why theres a lawsuit and i do not want to be one of the people who recieves there products within the next month or 2...

tctunerz, atleast send all the merchandise to the people who purchased already and just take down the "checkout" page temporarily if theres problems going on...... like there is now...

so that proves it, Racingsolutions and Creative Compacts are top scion tC dealers for us...

i have already ordered 2 seperate products from Creative Compacts, 1 recieved and the other within next 3 days (tracking #). as for tCtuners, nothing, meaning within the order process from tctunerz id have the products from creativecompacts already

i want my headers.... i got it for $170, i really want it....
Old 04-27-2005, 08:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

damn. . mad drama. . eveyone is comin out with complaints.. . man im sure not getting anything for tctunerz anymore. . .
Old 04-27-2005, 09:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Diluvium

just let you guys know, i payed through Paypal and you can always attempt to "reverse payment" on the sellers and say the seller "never sent the item" or "scammed" me....

paypal will then settle the issue, if it doesnt turn out right paypal will automatically take the money back from the seller to you... and what sucks most they automatically charge it out of the sellers bank account....

HOPEFULLY you can get your $ back from PayPal. They are very difficult to deal with. ( I have to deal with them every day at my work).

BTW, they don't take $ out of the seller's bank account. They're not allowed to, it's against federal banking regulations I believe. They would need authorization from the account holder in order to do that. And obviously, thats not going to happen. They just end up having a negative balance in their Paypal account, which ends up going to Collections.

From what I have heard, if Paypal is "unable to reclaim funds" from the seller, you may not get your money back. I had that happen once when I bought something from a company that ended up claiming bankruptcy a week later. In case you don't know, eBay also offers a sort of "Buyer Protection". If you can't get your money back from Paypal, try filing with eBay. I think the maximum amount they will refund to you is $175. But still. it's better than nothing. It worked for me when Paypal refused.
Old 04-27-2005, 11:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Scinergy

i'll also chime in with a big "thumbs up" for RacingSolution. excellent customer service!
Old 04-27-2005, 11:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah and if its a listing on ebay you buy from... they are pretty good about fraudualent items that go through their site... b/c that's their livelihood...

if anything... you'll kill tctunerz's ebay front...
Old 04-28-2005, 02:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you know what? tctunerz sold like 5 of the megan headers on ebay and only 1 person recieve the item!! how do i know? because that dude gave a positive feedback... as for the other 4 buyers (including me), that can be 4 negatives (strikes) in a role, meaning ebay will automatically suspend their account period...

but i really dont want to do anything yet, ill wait. i really want that header...... but i wont wait too long tho...

i wish creativecompacts and racingsolutions sold stuff on ebay.... i know ill be bidding like crazy......
Old 04-28-2005, 02:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

whats his ebay name?
Old 04-28-2005, 02:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yah we all have been scammed i really want my dc strut bar...but it has been a month and a half...
Old 04-28-2005, 02:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the dude who got his headers is 2005scion

if look at harrypotter73 (tctunerz) feedback there are some positive from the headers but only 3.... but 2 of them were the previous auctions before april...

and all the headers that were in auction ended on the 14th (the day all of the 5 megan headers ended)..

and if you cant tell if thats tctunerz ebay name, the pics and links of the headers are straight from the tctunerz.com and also they included their phone#, which is the tctunerz #....
Old 04-28-2005, 03:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Good eye
Old 04-28-2005, 03:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by FrankenScion
Taek is just a 16 yr. old boy who got in over his head. I don't think any of this should be directed at him.
The problem is that he comes out on many other posts and bashes the tC, saying it sucks, is a peice of crap, etc, then tries to come out on here being the friendly tctunerz guy who will help everyone. That kind of unprofessional and hypocritical attitude should be noticed by all, as these are the people tctunerz has representing them to the customer. How professinal can a person be when they are bashing the very car the company they work for sells parts for???
Old 04-28-2005, 03:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by BrianxB
fraudulent. nothings changed since his old parts peddling days. Ban them as a sponsor. BAN BAN BAN. other sites have in the past, Im surprised SL.com has taken so long to realize it.
I think there should definitely be a "Preffered" and "Non-Preffered" vendor link somewhere here where people could post their experiences and ratings. This is a new car, so there will be many new people creating parts for them knowing people are looking for new stuff. All of this info would be helpful to people looking to buy accessories.

And Brian: Love the picture... one of my favorite albums!!
Old 04-28-2005, 04:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Why assume that the Polizei won't be interested in the matter?

tctunerz.com uses an Irvine mail drop as a business address. This location falls in the Irvine PD Portola division's jurisdiction. That division has a full-time fraud investigator listed in the phone directory. Contact info at:

http://www.cityofirvine.org/ipd/phonelist/default.asp
Old 04-28-2005, 04:17 AM
Banned
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

Hmm, Sam and I warned peeps from his "dealings" on matrixowners.com and there were more than a few peeps who said that Sam and I were just trying to give Duwayne, aka Quick, a bad name. And then sam posts more info from other sites and says that Sam is just out to get Duwayne.

I wonder what those peeps think now? Looks like Sam is owed an apology.

Too bad all of those early threads when SL first came online are gone.
Old 04-28-2005, 04:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

FYI: We have more inventory instock than many other distributors and since we are not distributing for tctunerz at the given time, check out the site creativecompacts.com
Old 04-28-2005, 01:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CreativeCompacts
FYI: We have more inventory instock than many other distributors and since we are not distributing for tctunerz at the given time, check out the site creativecompacts.com

lol
Old 04-28-2005, 01:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

????

Sorry just lil tired of people still ordering from tctunerz AFTER reading this and then calling me or AIM'ing me asking where their stuff is... Our prices may not be the best around, however we are here everyday, we have a working phone, e-mail, AIM, Scionlife PMs.... We are not a fly by night like Ebay.... HOWEVER, if you do not order with us, I cannot help you.

Quick Reply: Buyers Beware - tCtunerZ - Lawsuit & General Info