Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

Dear Viniati

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 02:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Dear Viniati

Well, I hate for it to come to this, but it seems as Viniati has left me no other place to go. I'm normally a pretty well natured guy but this has gone too far. This is going to be a thread about a horrible shopping experience from my stand point. If you don't care or don't want to read it all thats fine.

The story begins like this. My fantastic tC was in a car accident on November 14 2006. I was rear ended and my M-power kit was shoved into the ground and also cracked in the accident. I entered my car into a body shop on November 22nd 2006. The body shop said they were unable to fix the damages to the bumper and that they were going to order me a new bumper. This is where the fun begins.

I called Viniati on November 15th 2006 to let them know that my car was going to be going into the shop and more likely than not I was going to have the body shop order the M3 bumper from them. The bumper was then ordered a couple of days later by the body shop.

After about 2 weeks of my car being in the shop and all the other parts coming from the other suppliers we still did not have the M3 bumper from Viniati. I decided to call them myself asking where it was. At this point the people at Viniati assured both me AND the body shop that the bumper was being shipped.

2 Weeks after this the bumper had STILL not arrived. I called Viniati understandably flustered and told them that I was missing car shows and had sponsor obligations to keep and that the bumper needed to be shipped ASAP. At this point those at Viniati told me that the guy who had taken my order never processed it and that he would be getting fired. They then gave me a tracking number for the bumper and it arrived a couple days later.

THEN, the bumper arrived at the body shop and during the middle of class I get a call from the body shop stating that the M3 bumper has been shipped in a box way to small for the bumper and has been folded into thirds... not just bent... FOLDED... So I called Viniati and let them know about the bumper and they told me to have the bumper heated and because it was poly-urethane it would. Now let me tell you as a Material Science Eng. major that this bumper was far from its elastic potential there was NO way it was going to return to its original shape. The body shop further affirmed this.

Its now mid December. So, I called Viniati again to get them to send me a new bumper. They were pretty nice about it and told me they would. At this point I went on vacation for about a week over Christmas to see family and such. I called Viniati during my break and they had said that they were trying to get a hold of the supplier for the M3 bumper so they could send me a new one. This was fine and I went on my merry way hoping to have my car done when i got back.

They day i got back which was the few days before New Years, close to a week after I talked with Viniati, i called the body shop and asked about the state of my car. They told me ... much to my amazement that no bumper had arrived. So now... the body shop is ____ed because my cars wasting their space... I'm mad because I'm driving a Nissan sentra ... and my sponsors are mad because I'm not at car shows... lose lose lose situation.

Forward to 2007. I ended up calling Viniati again and told them if they could not find the people that make the M3 kit ... who disappeared into thin air that they could send me a different front bumper and it would be ok. On Friday I called them and they still did not find the people for the M3 bumper. I was heartbroken because thats what i wanted my car to look like and it was over. But, I'm a pretty easy going so I decided to try a new bumper the Drifter II... it looked cool and I thought it may even be better. So I ordered it from them free of charge ( which was nice of them) as a replacement for the M3 bumper.

This bumper was shipped ON TIME, and in a box that fit it. However, I got a call later that day from the body shop saying that I needed to come down and MAKE SURE I wanted this bumper on my car. I got There and we took the bumper up to the car... and OH MY GOD... one side of the bumper was different in curvature from the other side of the bumper... it could not be put on without a three inch gap from the pass. headlight. You see.... I understand that body kits don't always go on well... I had a celica with one... but this front bumper was BEYOND any work the body shop could do to make it FIT ( not look good but not FIT!)

At this point. I was so fed up with everyone involved with my car... that me and the guys at my shop decided to bring in my stock front bumper and put it back on. Frankly, because.... well I'm 19 years old and I need to impress the hot girls ( comic relief for myself right there)...

We called Viniati again and told them that I wanted to get a refund on both bumpers and get my ~$500 back. They asked us to send pictures of both bumpers and email it to them. Which we did... Twice...

Its now about 3 weeks after all this crap... Vinati wont return me or the body shops emails or phone calls. I have 3 Bumpers for a scion tC which only the stock one fits. Ive lost allot of good faith from people involved with my car.

I emailed Viniati at the start of this week with a chance to fix the problems before I made this post. I gave them till today to respond. No response. Hence my post

Summary: Viniati sent me 2 bumpers both so mangled they would not fit my car... This took about 2 MONTHS. They wont refund my money or reply to my calls or emails from my side or the body shop.

** The body shop is one of the best body shops in Arizona and does all the major repair work for the car dealers in Tempe

Viniati feel free to call me you guys know my number... fix the situation and I will remove the post.

What do you guys think? Should they refund my money for all my trouble? or Should i tape bumpers to my car doors and have side buffers like a go cart?

For Referance

The old kit that fit better
Old 01-26-2007, 03:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

any pics?
Old 01-26-2007, 03:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

They should refund the money and make it right by shipping you the kit you need that will actually fit!!!
Old 01-26-2007, 03:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

TOTAL B.S.! They owe you a full refund.
Old 01-26-2007, 03:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

they should refund you your money. if the dont, get a lawyer. im not going to comment on how i feel about these kinds of mods. but i wish you luck in getting your money back and learned that OEM is a wonderful thing.
Old 01-26-2007, 03:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Shady.
Dirty on their part.
They know it does not fit well and still insisted in sending it out.

Wish you the best and good luck with everything.
Old 01-26-2007, 03:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That sucks...I thought Viniati had more class then that...
Old 01-26-2007, 03:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This is WITHOUT the styro peice... in front... it still fits like that... just FYI
Old 01-26-2007, 03:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

maybe after seeing how im sure MANY people will not want to deal with this company after their bad customer service with you BJ they will get their heads out of their a$$es and call you up to get this resolved.

Been missin you at the shows since you haven't had your car
Old 01-26-2007, 03:49 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

JESUS CHRIST.. that's probably one of the worst experiences I've heard of.. this needs to go into buyer/seller experience...

Man I hope they get you straight... between money and principle you should be compensated greatly. I would not touch them with a 10 ft pole...

Btw your old kit does look good!
Old 01-26-2007, 03:55 PM
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

I say we boycott buying from them...I know I wont be buying from them!
Old 01-26-2007, 04:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^wont be boycotting or wont be buying? haha
Old 01-26-2007, 04:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Apocalypse
SL Member

REFUND should be in order. That is a terrible fit under the headlights .....
Old 01-26-2007, 04:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

damn that sucks, it has air vents under the headlight lol.
def should get a refund. if you still have the m3 bumper could you take a pic of it i want to see how it was folded.
Old 01-26-2007, 04:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that's not even close!

refund time Viniati!
Old 01-26-2007, 05:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

I know the owner of Viniati vary well in fact he’s my sponsor and neighbor. It’s strange that this would happen. They usually have excellent customer service. I don’t blame them though; they’ve been so busy lately for last 3 months. They moved to a bigger warehouse that’s a long trip form where it use too be and the owner is expecting a baby soon . I haven’t even been able to kick it with him for months now and he live s a block away. And your Drifter II kit Viniati doesn’t produce those that’s why they don’t fit right. It’s usually out of the sellers hands when the 3 partie or providers sends their customers crap parts. =( ill try to give them a call for you later. Good luck man.
Old 01-26-2007, 05:39 PM
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

Wow...its amazing how a little complaint thread can go such a long way.....they will be making out with your butt in no time.
Old 01-26-2007, 05:56 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by MysTiKchRis
I know the owner of Viniati vary well in fact he’s my sponsor and neighbor. It’s strange that this would happen. They usually have excellent customer service. I don’t blame them though; they’ve been so busy lately for last 3 months. They moved to a bigger warehouse that’s a long trip form where it use too be and the owner is expecting a baby soon . I haven’t even been able to kick it with him for months now and he live s a block away. And your Drifter II kit Viniati doesn’t produce those that’s why they don’t fit right. It’s usually out of the sellers hands when the 3 partie or providers sends their customers crap parts. =( ill try to give them a call for you later. Good luck man.
I don't disagree with you Chris... but just like ZPI if you are too busy to consistently offer excellent customer service, then they need to ramp up to be able to meet the demand of their customers. That's the bottom line, bro.
Old 01-26-2007, 06:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Wow that's a shady deal. I'm glad I read this.
Old 01-26-2007, 06:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by MysTiKchRis

then you shouldest carry the kit... or you should refund me... or ... check the kit before it comes out...

what about the m3 kit folded to ____s??

Quick Reply: Dear Viniati